Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Devstream #96 Overview

AM-Bunny

devstream96banner.png

Plains of Eidolon
• Release date is aimed at early fall -- around early September
• There are numerous new techniques developed that should assist performance on all systems, including low-end laptops
• The console development team has already begun work on Plains of Eidolon, should release only shortly after PC release
• The Plains will be a 9 square kilometer space at release
• Steve spoke extensively about the development process for The Plains and showed a lot of WIP shots for it
• The team has already begun putting in thought and work towards more landscapes like The Plains for other planets
• The actual time for the day-night cycles, whether or not the time of day can be manipulated by players, etc, are all still to be determined
• Currently there are no plans to allow swimming -- perhaps Sharkwing could be implemented in the future though
• Each of the different weapon tips available in Hok's Anvil will give Weapon Mastery XP
• Melee Rivens may be similarly added to custom weapons based on weapon tips
• There may be different levels of weapon that will allow you to easily craft multiple kind of weapons to experiment, and then upgrade it for further investment including Mastery XP yield
• Dual weapons will also be craftable at Hok's Anvil
• You can not explore Cetus as an Operator, but there will be a specific area available for them where you can meet the mentor for hunting Eidolons
• Cetus is a limit of 50 players, but The Plains themselves will only house 4 player squads
• The Eidolon boss fight isn't finalized yet, but it is designed to be a progression based battle with multiple stages
• Watch Steve explore Cetus and The Plains

d8ff043f8a0b284dedf9ff5f7a8c5f04.pnga80b77eae2a47cfdfc15a45dadd1d010.pngce37f274bdcf716ea203a539e7fc9049.png67da9e97b13fef2e6585c5d9d7e4bcb9.pngb501aaa009738ff9c34855fdc3c78f9c.png8f08543c01651c9ef9314eac6999f956.png4d693b967c591fead4e36d94bd18f4c8.png9defade0ea8e69f4c229aecac869d33b.jpg0e556c3cd2c36639d5d3ee5ab47e8090.png

The Sacrifice (Umbra Quest)
• The Sacrifice is confirmed to be a cinematic quest
• Release date is *after* Plains of Eidolon, but nothing more specific

Other Stuff
• Animations for a new polearm stance were shown HERE
• The ability to play as Stalker during Tennocon is being tested for wider implementation, but if it is, it will definitely be opt-in, not forced PvP
• New Grineer enemy unit shown -- burrowing unit

300928b01ca4833c1f656ea0ce7dfd95.png

3 minutes ago, JSharpie said:

Thank you man.

We all appreciate what you do.

I appreciate the kind words. I haven't been playing Warframe a lot lately, but I'm still keeping track of things. Looking forward to exploring the plains!

Just now, (PS4)JaysInc_ said:

Huh, not alot of stuff mentioned on the Devstream.

Nah it was pretty much just re-hashing stuff we already knew about Plains.

Edited by AM-Bunny

4 minutes ago, BlazenFury said:

i appreciate the limit theyre enforcing for PoE being open world but limited to a cell-per-cell basis in terms of presence. 

It would be pure chaos if it wasn't limited.

If the limit from 4 player squads were removed, I can see a wave of Ember's rushing through the landscape leaving everything in a scorched earth state. 

Other than that, I appreciate the timely thread that usually comes up after a devstream, don't have much time to watch during the stream anymore with work.

1 minute ago, SurrealEdge said:

It would be pure chaos if it wasn't limited.

If the limit from 4 player squads were removed, I can see a wave of Ember's rushing through the landscape leaving everything in a scorched earth state. 

my reasoning is mostly because it lowers expectations of PoE in general, but doesnt diminish its awesomeness.

22 minutes ago, AM-Bunny said:

The Plains will be a 9 square kilometer space at release

A comparison for everyone.

Fallout 3 and Fallout New Vegas: 57.6 metres (63 yards) to the side, 3317.76 m (3,969 square yards) of area.

And Skyrim has an area of about 37.1 km (14.3 square miles).

Boop.

14 minutes ago, Kako_Kako said:

A comparison for everyone.

Fallout 3 and Fallout New Vegas: 57.6 metres (63 yards) to the side, 3317.76 m (3,969 square yards) of area.

And Skyrim has an area of about 37.1 km (14.3 square miles).

Boop.

Plz. Reddit already did this. Add square where square belongs. You are saying fallout was 57.6m of length on the side 3317.76 m of LENGTH somewhere in space ( because m=meter=distance not area) and skyrim is just not undertandable. What is 37.1km. 37.1km=37100m of DISTANCE not area. I wouldnt have commented if you didnt put any square but you said 14.3 square miles so I hope you can see how the other info are wrong.

• The ability to play as Stalker during Tennocon is being tested for wider implementation, but if it is, it will definitely be opt-in, not forced PvP

I mean, if this is a Tennocon only thing, it's cool. I wish it could be implemented in the actual game, though, like, it gives me hopes.

1 hour ago, AM-Bunny said:

Whoa, was not expecting that. The talk around town was that it was a one-off. Well, now it seems it was a one-off to gauge interest, and that interest was adequate.

Hell yeah! No longer shall I prowl, slice, and haunt my enemies as a faux-Stalker while playing Excal.

You hear me Tenno? I AM YOUR RECKONING!

Kidding aside, that particular news has piqued my interest in PvP. Perhaps I should start training.