Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Devstream #96 Overview

AM-Bunny

Nice, but only 4 player in plains ? please make a bigger limit, we can only play 5+ player in trial, make these new aera open for 8 player max.

It's "borring" to always play with 4 player for 95% of the game.

17 minutes ago, Messkoo said:

Nice, but only 4 player in plains ? please make a bigger limit, we can only play 5+ player in trial, make these new aera open for 8 player max.

It's "borring" to always play with 4 player for 95% of the game.

Yeah I understand why they want it to be somewhat squad based, game limitations, etc. 

However, four to start is okay. Four permanently is not even close to enough.

IMO eight isn't enough either. Even if it's going to be mostly squad based, I think we need a good bit more people actually running around to make it worth this whole exercise in the first place. 

I would be okay with about 16 or so, it doesn't have to be a lot, especially for a smaller map like Eidolon. 

But four is pretty much just nothing. 

Edited by Tesseract7777

Please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please PLEASE don't make the new polearm stance only have Hold button combos and PLEEEEASE give it more than ONE COMBO.

tumblr_nhk8dp4CxE1tq4of6o1_500.gif

Edited by (PS4)Lei-Lei_23

thanks as always Bunny!

the hype for Plains of Eidolon is definitely real, and while it's only a side note, I'm so glad we're getting a new Polearm Stance, Shimmering Blight and Bleeding Willow are both very stale these days, and don't show off the versatility of a pole weapon. should be even better when we do these awesome moves with our own hand-crafted Halberd from Hok's Anvil!

I'm glad that if they ever make the Stalker an actual player with bloodlust for harassment, they will allow people to not get mixed in with... their kind. They can get all the jerks to be the Stalker and only allow those that love to be bullied to get chased by them.

Also... "The Sacrifice"... it reeks of dramatic. They're going to pull all their emotional cliches into a single cinematic mission that is going to make all the edgy players happy and a lot of us... cringe. Cringe hard on how idiotically dramatic this is going to be.

Good news is that Plains is going to bring a lot of weapon possibilities! Probably buggy as all hell for the first few months, but... maybe next year it will be playable.

1 minute ago, Heatnix. said:

I'm glad that if they ever make the Stalker an actual player with bloodlust for harassment, they will allow people to not get mixed in with... their kind. They can get all the jerks to be the Stalker and only allow those that love to be bullied to get chased by them.

Oh come now. Do you deny the thrill of the hunt? To be the hunter, to be hunted. To calculate, to persist in patience, to dine upon the fear of your prey? Not all of us intend to grief, exploit, or otherwise circumvent any measures DE have planned for it. There is honor to be found in claiming your mark.

19 minutes ago, Heatnix. said:

Good news is that Plains is going to bring a lot of weapon possibilities! Probably buggy as all hell for the first few months, but... maybe next year it will be playable.

The good news is that this summer I'm pulling a bunch of extra shifts and earning a fat stack of cash which is being spent on custom building a new gaming PC. By the time Plains comes out, I'll have a top tier box for playing it.

3 hours ago, Nurmetya said:

Grineer Burrower? Seriously how does that thing burrow? Is the ground made of chocolate? Seriously the Grineer don't even have a uniform to fit it just a small pair of tattered hotpants that were once pink shorts.

He lays land mines.

4 hours ago, Kako_Kako said:

A comparison for everyone.

Fallout 3 and Fallout New Vegas: 57.6 metres (63 yards) to the side, 3317.76 m (3,969 square yards) of area.

And Skyrim has an area of about 37.1 km (14.3 square miles).

Boop.

so PoE is quite small?

But then again, warframe is not JUST this one map, it's heaps of other stuff. So it's not like we're being given one relatively small place to play around in. We still have all these other missions and quests. Plus, they're adding more plains for other planets.

1 hour ago, TotallyLagging said:

oh boye NEW POLEARM STANCE

N E W POLEARM STANCE

It's about damn time. Seriously. Please no 0.5% drop rate from Juggernauts.

Well now look at what you've done you went and jinxed it for all us.

1 hour ago, TotallyLagging said:

oh boye NEW POLEARM STANCE

N E W POLEARM STANCE

It's about damn time. Seriously. Please no 0.5% drop rate from Juggernauts.

I'm still miffed about the stance.

We have 2 and each has 1 combo each aside from the standard EEEE.

They should have added those combos to them but nooo... make a new stance that actually has multiple combos for us to farm instead.

6 hours ago, WhiteCr0w said:

Whoa, was not expecting that. The talk around town was that it was a one-off. Well, now it seems it was a one-off to gauge interest, and that interest was adequate.

Hell yeah! No longer shall I prowl, slice, and haunt my enemies as a faux-Stalker while playing Excal.

You hear me Tenno? I AM YOUR RECKONING!

Kidding aside, that particular news has piqued my interest in PvP. Perhaps I should start training.

Just be aware that an aversion to the "Stalker mode" by some in the PvE community is...politely speaking...pronounced and visceral to the extreme.

...even when explained as a separate mode or addition to standard PvE where all parties opt-in.

7 hours ago, Tesseract7777 said:

Yeah I understand why they want it to be somewhat squad based, game limitations, etc. 

However, four to start is okay. Four permanently is not even close to enough.

IMO eight isn't enough either. Even if it's going to be mostly squad based, I think we need a good bit more people actually running around to make it worth this whole exercise in the first place. 

I would be okay with about 16 or so, it doesn't have to be a lot, especially for a smaller map like Eidolon. 

But four is pretty much just nothing. 

If four is all we ever get but the environment is dynamic and populated with life and epic open-world conflict and beauty and living landscapes and history to endlessly explore, I'll be beyond elated.

I've often seen 4-man squads as truly elite SpecOps units.  An honor.

One of DE's secrets to success is focusing on core gameplay mechanics/features with a narrow focus and making them outstanding.

Edited by (PS4)Silverback73

I'm so glad that there will finally be a new polearm stance! Onto twin swords now and hoping that both won't be as bad as vengeful revenant and sovereign outcast but as good as cyclone kraken instead.

Edited by Asdryu

9 hours ago, AuroraSonicBoom said:

Until they confirm  that PvP invading PvE will have no stat changing or drop change increasing benefits I'll remain vigilant about this worrying development.

"Invadng" in what sense?Hyperbole.  Opt out (or rather, never opt-in) and PC Stalker can never touch you or "invade" your PvE experience.

I'm trying to get at the core of what scenario(s) those concerned with it's implementation see unfolding.

29 minutes ago, (PS4)Silverback73 said:

"Invadng" in what sense?Hyperbole.  Opt out (or rather, never opt-in) and PC Stalker can never touch you or "invade" your PvE experience.

I'm trying to get at the core of what scenario(s) those concerned with it's implementation see unfolding.

Silverback, by now I am forced to suspect that you are being disingenuous. People have been really quite remarkably clear about their misgivings. 

It goes like this: many people simply and honestly do not like PvP and do not want to see it forced into their game experience. That is one element.

Another is the raw toxicity and malicious intent which became clear from many of the people in favour of the idea, to the point of it becoming genuinely rules-breaking flaming and personal abuse on these forums. The objection then becomes "I don't like PvP, especially if it's being forced into my game by griefers and trolls who are using the mode for harassment."

This was reinforced by how nakedly harassment-friendly the trial mode was, featuring the ability of a player Stalker to remain anonymous while targeting specific other players by name. That means that it is not a hypothetical. The mode, as it exists right now this very second in experimental form, might as well have been designed from the ground up to be a griefing engine. Instead, it is a functional and non griefer-friendly version of the mode which is the hypothetical.

Then, when the idea of making it purely optional is raised, two other things occur.

One, the people who like the mode get really angry at the idea of being denied targets and proceed to flame harder, making the mode look even more toxic.

And two, people suggest giving the mode a 'carrot' of unique drops, which would effectively turn it into a method of gating gameplay items not merely behind a PvP mode, but behind a PvP mode which is explicitly beloved of griefers and trolls.

All of which has been explained to you before, hence my exasperation. It's ok for you to like the idea. However, when you try to insist that there are no problems with it, I will disagree and point out the issues.

Edited by BornWithTeeth