Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What was the hardest Sortie Assassination you've done?

BaIthazar

3 hours ago, BaIthazar said:

today I have heard a lot of people complain about the Lephantis Sortie.
but I thought it was only mildy annoying because to me he was little more than a bullet sponge.

the hardest Sortie assassination I've done so far (in my opinion, and I've missed a lot) is a Bow Only Kela de Thaym Sortie.

simply taking pot shots at her would have already taken ages, and that was without the artillery phases and her sitting on top her balcony being an invincible git.
Iron skin didn't last very long against constant roller fire and missiles, and being able to hide in a cataclysm was very dependant on your Limbo knowing what he was doing.

shooting the turning discs between artillery salvos was also a bit of a hassle when theres 4 discs and 2 of your squadmates were downed by missiles

after multiple attempts with people getting fed up and leaving or everyone running out of lives I ended up switching to Ash and bladestorming her to death.

but it was still the most annoying and (to me) hardest Sortie Assassination I've had.

what's yours?

Actually, you know what. I was reading the comments and remembering all the sortie assassination combos you can get, and I realized, almost any boss + bow is the hardest boss fight.. 

3 hours ago, (PS4)ExcessiveSteeze said:

We all know the worst sortie is Lanphantis/ Melee only is the worst sortie ever. Lucky DE removed this because of how this boss cant be damaged by melee.

Not too sure about that one.  I was doing damage to it today using Titania in RW mode melee attacks. 

3 hours ago, Arniox said:

Actually, you know what. I was reading the comments and remembering all the sortie assassination combos you can get, and I realized, almost any boss + bow is the hardest boss fight.. 

Depends on the Bow, frame, boss, and whether solo or not.  I myself have done all of them with a bow.  Only one that was really annoying was Kela's orbital strike phases.  All the others were quite easy.  :D

Edited by DatDarkOne

The hardest one I found would be a Sortie 3 Grineer Eximus stronghold Survival. My usual Condition Overload Broken War couldn't deal enough damage to keep up the life support, so I resorted to using my Ivara, Artemis bow while under constant Cloak bubble. Even then it's kinda close. Granted, I was doing it solo...

37 minutes ago, DatDarkOne said:

Not too sure about that one.  I was doing damage to it today using Titania in RW mode melee attacks. 

Depends on the Bow, frame, boss, and whether solo or not.  I myself have done all of them with a bow.  Only one that was really annoying was Kela's orbital strike phases.  All the others were quite easy.  :D

Yeah, that's why I said almost any. I can think of quite a few that would be easy. But stuff like Kela, or the jackal, or the hyenas; they would be hard with a bow simply cause if aiming at very fast mobile enemies. Kela is just hard in general :P

Um bow with kela was easy you just get nova and too easy also the crossbow easily takes care of the targets and *cough* gettin gud but that is my opinion. 

I alwasy seem to struggle with raptor as it just obliterates your entire team.

2 hours ago, 321agemo said:

Lephantis or sargus ruk or kela with sniper are just a test of patience.

This.
No sorties are hard, as in difficult to complete. It just takes time!
I solo every sortie except for elemental resistance Lephantis. Solo it takes 10-15 min, which is too long for a sculpture :/

Bow Only Kela, it was hell, but I can get around that by using Titaniaw;s 4, while not as effective as a shotgun build, it is still rather good.  Since now mods still count for exalted weapons even though you can't use the weapon, a Peacemaker Mesa makes short work of her. 

Edited by aligatorno

1 hour ago, BaIthazar said:

this is how I am starting to feel about sorties lately.

in the last few weeks I've gotten nothing but sculptures and a couple lenses

That is so strange. This has also happened to me (2 weeks), and i've seen multiple threads about people complaining of identical issues... conspiracy?!

Banshee is your friend on alot of these sorti bosses.

Bow only kela no problem, bring high power str banshee spam a couple sonars and 1 shot her.

Banshee has no effect on some bosses like hek and lephantis.  Lephantis with element enhance ment is typically his worst form imo, the gas cloud one shots basically everything.  People get to work on their dodging skills.

Dense fog vey hek can be kinda annoying.  Ive seen that a couple times.  It makes shooting his little face a bit harder.

Lots of bow hate on this thread,  I take bows on a lot of bosses without the restriction,  rakta cernos is one of my favorite weapons.  I take bow to alad v, phorid, hyena pack, lor, vor(mercury) lots of them.  The only reason i dont always use it on kelo is the ignis just makes those target panels go by so fast and easy.

Edited by (PS4)Eluminary

Pretty much anything involving Ruk.

Just... F*** that guy.  Vay Hek, while bad, at least gives you a lot of room to maneuver.  I actually like fighting Kela,  I find hitting the spinning panels and dodging the missiles surprisingly easy.  Krill isn't completely awful once you know how he works.  But Ruk...

"So here's this guy, he's completely invulnerable until he attacks a bunch, and then he gets an itty-bitty weak spot that's covered by lens flare the size of THE SUN no matter what one's bloom setting is so you can't see what you're supposed to shoot at, oh and also the place is always swarming with way more enemies than any other boss has apart from Ambulas.  Good plan?  Great plan!"

14 minutes ago, Vox_Preliator said:

Pretty much anything involving Ruk.

Just... F*** that guy.  Vay Hek, while bad, at least gives you a lot of room to maneuver.  I actually like fighting Kela,  I find hitting the spinning panels and dodging the missiles surprisingly easy.  Krill isn't completely awful once you know how he works.  But Ruk...

"So here's this guy, he's completely invulnerable until he attacks a bunch, and then he gets an itty-bitty weak spot that's covered by lens flare the size of THE SUN no matter what one's bloom setting is so you can't see what you're supposed to shoot at, oh and also the place is always swarming with way more enemies than any other boss has apart from Ambulas.  Good plan?  Great plan!"

during the Ruk Sortie last week he stopped attacking after we destroyed 2/3 weak spots.
and if Ruk stops attacking, the ports stop opening..

only after the host left and we got a migration did he start working again

Edited by BaIthazar

4 minutes ago, Kinetos said:

The Sergeant. I think it's the only one I've done though...

whenever a Sergeant Assassination Sortie shows up I always feel so bad for the guy..
how do you get out of bed in the morning knowing you're just going to get 1-shot by a Tigris Prime to the face.

19 hours ago, IceColdHawk said:

Lephantis with Elemental Nullification Enhancement.

Why? Because it nullifies almost all of your damage. My max power chroma who can oneshot sortie bosses such as augmented armor vay hek and lvl 150 eximus corrupted heavy gunners with an opticor and pyrana, couldn't even tickle lephantis. My beastly riven-powered pyrana dealt 2-digit pellets on him and i even had a nova with me. Since Lephantis is naturally pretty beefy, we got shown today how broken elemental enhancement nullification condition really can be. Or it's just bugged to no end, i honestly don't know. All in all, i wouldn't call it "hard" by any means, just annoyingly time consuming. And the worst thing is, it's not even worth the time because we all know why.

Kela bow only sortie on the other hand was actually pretty easy. Bring a zhuge and a banshee and the victory lies already in your hands.

Amen. Not sure why Lephantis was so annoying yesterday, but it wasn't too bad. The worst in my opinion was none of them because even Sniper Only Lech Kril isn't really that bad.

2 hours ago, Rixuel said:

Sortie 80-100, assassinate Kela De Thaym with Sniper only

Any sniper rifle+banshee power strength build and she is dead in a single shot.

Lephantis to I just took inaros akstelto prime/tig prime,  shoot a head revive someone shoot a head revive someone .... 2 people quit we still won I did 92% dmg and did over 20 revives