Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ember's Deluxe Skin Feedback

octobotimus

15 minutes ago, Warfoxzero said:

DE doesn't know what looks good, or has any kind of fashion sense. But that's okay, because cosmetics isn't the majority of their revenue in this "free" to play game. So it's okay if everything looks like clay crap. 

im pretty sure cosmetics is like 90% of Warframes revenue

9 minutes ago, HerpDerpy said:

im pretty sure cosmetics is like 90% of Warframes revenue

80-90 percent of their revinue is from cosmetics- dont know how many people buy basic resources, know stuff like reactors and catalysts or maybe forma would be a thing but i doupt that many people buy say plastids XD
im trying to think of what else could be separated from cosmetics but beyond colors, skins and stuff it all falls under the same thing
even ships and decorations are still basically the same ... kinda ( ok adding clem noggles galore isnt exactly cosmetics but it's about the same boat so yeah )

im gonna stop following the page here before things either get toxic here or something dumb happens and i get sunk with the ship- know nothing can be done about the ember skin, maybe in time it'll be interesting- im hoping people will like it more than hate it when it comes out but at the end of the day im broken seeing the original having to go because of ignus and DE and all that- if you like it like it but for me i just ... i cant- not to witch hunt it though exactly just voicing myself on my oppinions ( go free speach, it's a thing!! *insert sjw comment here?* X'p) 

not relating  really anything beyond a bit of the first part in this to you herp :3 you're cool
just semi rambling before I go

Yeah this skin blows. Why the leaf like things on her forearms? How is that fire related? Why the spike thinghies on her legs? How's that fire related? How is the mohawk fire relatd? Utter S#&$e EXCEPT her chicken feet, at least they nailed that down. Just like Valkyr prime, she was supposed to be pristine and elegant, it was all good until her head. How in the fk do you go from cat design to a nose ringed cucked bull design? She had a nose ring ffs. God bless Tennogen though. 

4 hours ago, SolidBeast said:

I think the saddest part of this thread is people failing to see the beauty in those "feckin farm animals" and refusing to see those birds as anything other than that. Not that I expected any different.

The second saddest part would probably be all the fapping over one artist while trashing those this game wouldn't exist without.

I say this as someone who doesn't enjoy the look of the new skin, but at least I'm not making Change petitions over it.

The beauty of a farm animal goes away instantly when you have to clean up after it. There's nothing about them that's worth designing a skin after when there are so many elegant birds to choose from. Especially when the base Warframe already has elements of that design incorporated. Not only that, they are elements that players have expressed distaste for over the past couple years. It's not that chickens are ugly (they are, but that's beside the point).  It's that we're sick and tired of Ember being a chicken, despite players directly saying that she needs a new look. Not a different version of the same thing. To add icing to the cake, it's supposed to be a phoenix, yet it resembles nothing of the sort. Not even vaguely. I doubt anyone outside of DE's art team looks at this and doesn't think it's a chicken.

I didn't "fap over the one artist". Nor did I trash any of the other ones. In fact, most of the people haven't done that second bit. Just trashed the skin. Too many people are trying to freak out about the old artist, yeah. That does need to stop. But there is a pretty general consensus that the current skin looks leagues worse than the original design. Even with the OG design off the table, the present one is still trash.

I also don't even understand the idea of the petition tbh. It's DE's game, they're gonna do what they want with it. But there's nothing wrong with expressing distaste with what they make (so long as that negative feedback is tempered and not just salt-fueled demands that it be changed)

What's really sad, since you brought it up, is that DE knows precisely what players disliked about Ember's design. They then decided that it was a brilliant idea to change exactly 0% of what players disliked originally, and even made it worse so that she more closely resembles the exact thing we wanted to pull away from with a deluxe skin. 

DE had access to our feedback on her appearance for years. They even acknowledged it countless times. But they chose to ignore it entirely and make this skin, which offers absolutely no thematic change in her appearance.  That's what's really sad. 

Honestly? Out of spite more than likely.

The way the artist of the first one left wasn't all that pretty. DE decided to scrap the work and make something entirely different and opposite of what was provided, so, instead of elegant they went tacky, instead of color-descrete they went mexican wrestler style, instead of working around her fire skills they made her a giant chicken. Wanting to go against what was previously provided they effectively made a monster, and all because they wanted to prove a point.

Believe me don't believe me I don't care. I may not know the artists personally, but I know a lot about spitefulness. This design has revenge written all over.

Edited by Heatnix.

7 hours ago, FashionFrame said:

There was nothing really dumb with it. The creator had creative differences with DE, creator left the team, and to respect the creator, they didn't use their skin. 

the dumb part is we lost the said artist for literally nothing cus of this decision. if they wanted to respect the artist they shouldve done it back then. not now.

At this point it feels like DE is trolling fans of IgnusDei version of ember deluxe since people disliked that DE was forcing chicken aesthetic on it and their solution is creating skin that is even more like chicken to replace deluxe skin community liked...I can imagine it going well with community...

This will make DE earn less money then they would otherwise, unless that is DE will put some really sick looking weapon skins with this deluxe skin, in that case people will buy it a lot either way.

And to people defending DE's changes to IgnusDei ember deluxe skin, saying DE just wanted it to me thematically similar to original ember frame(mohwak thing) I want to mention that DE themselves completely ignored theme's of nova when they designed nova deluxe skin, they completly changed its visual themes with the skin. So DE is fine with them changing themes of frame in deluxe skin but not others, the worse part is that DE said themselves that they contracted IgnusDei because they wanted artist with fresh perespective who will create designs different than theirs, so he was literally doing with ember deluxe skin what he was contracted to do and then he got fired for very same thing.

This makes the whole situation look really weird, it makes no sense to pay someone to create design diferent then yours and then demand them to change their design to be more like yours, this makes it look like someone on art team wanted IgnusDei to be fired, maybe out of jealousy or something, since IgnusDei designs were very popular among community frequently much more so then some of DE designs(like nova deluxe skin...).

Edited by Culaio

Hate to say it but the old design is pretty much a perfect skin. Embers skins are overcomplicated, her looking like she was a walking volcanoe about to erupt was a great concept.

As someone who mains ember I wont even consider that peacock skin as it completely misses the mark and is way of the mark in terms of what ember players would want from a deluxe skin for her.

This id like making a mesa cowboy looking deluxe armor for ash instead of the badass ninja we got.

I don’t hate it, I just think it’s rather a waste of time and resources. It’s a deluxe skin, but it’s not transformative in its design, or somehow thematically interesting. It’s literally just Ember, with the bits and pieces of a chicken costume stuck to her. If anything, it’s rather low effort compared to other deluxe skins as it’s just extra stuff glued on top of Ember, and it ruins the nice clean, athletic lines of Ember Prime.

I’m not somehow affronted by it, I just have absolutely no interest in it.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nNsM-W7Ke_A

1 hour ago, Culaio said:

At this point it feels like DE is trolling fans of IgnusDei version of ember deluxe since people disliked that DE was forcing chicken aesthetic on it and their solution is creating skin that is even more like chicken to replace deluxe skin community liked...I can imagine it going well with community...

This will make DE earn less money then they would otherwise, unless that is DE will put some really sick looking weapon skins with this deluxe skin, in that case people will buy it a lot either way.

And to people defending DE's changes to IgnusDei ember deluxe skin, saying DE just wanted it to me thematically similar to original ember frame(mohwak thing) I want to mention that DE themselves completely ignored theme's of nova when they designed nova deluxe skin, they completly changed its visual themes with the skin. So DE is fine with them changing themes of frame in deluxe skin but not others, the worse part is that DE said themselves that they contracted IgnusDei because they wanted artist with fresh perespective who will create designs different than theirs, so he was literally doing with ember deluxe skin what he was contracted to do and then he got fired for very same thing.

This makes the whole situation look really weird, it makes no sense to pay someone to create design diferent then yours and then demand them to change their design to be more like yours, this makes it look like someone on art team wanted IgnusDei to be fired, maybe out of jealousy or something, since IgnusDei designs were very popular among community frequently much more so then some of DE designs(like nova deluxe skin...).

I know, It really makes DE look petty and hypocritical, the guy himself would still like to do art for DE, but due to their stubbornness and pride they most likely will never do that, since you know DE doesn't makes "mistakes." 

Edited by Sonicbullitt

9 hours ago, SolidBeast said:

I think the saddest part of this thread is people failing to see the beauty in those "feckin farm animals" and refusing to see those birds as anything other than that. Not that I expected any different.

The second saddest part would probably be all the fapping over one artist while trashing those this game wouldn't exist without.

I say this as someone who doesn't enjoy the look of the new skin, but at least I'm not making Change petitions over it.

They premiere her with the literal colors and crest of a (Male) chicken, nothing about the look is anything but, nor proper.

7 hours ago, SeriouslySinister said:

She has always looked like a chicken though.

Not sure like it overall (colors don't help) but IMO the new one dose look much more like her. Muscular, mohawks and punkish being the things I associate with her, not sleek and elegant.

Yeah, people have associated her with bad aesthetics(Her repugnant vanilla helmet for instance, or the particularly tacky backdraft helemt, no need to be faithful to stuff like that), but its time to go a better, more attractive direction for the deluxe if they want us spending plat on it. Why spend plat on a punk (Male)chicken look anyway when vanilla Ember already has that? 

Mohawks? Mohawks are such generic stock that has become so mainstream to the point that its about as punk rock as Denver the Last Dinosaur. Its little more than a bad haircut now, not a statement. Ember should not have to look bad to fullfill some banal perception of "punk".

Muscular? Vanilla Ember has a runner's look at best, she isn't exactly Zarya, thank goodness. You can't even see much definition in the new skin either, whatever muscles you could imagine her with in this one, are covered in those chicken feathers, male chicken feathers, so I don't know what muscles you're seeing beyond the hourglass figure. So Is the actual word you are looking for "thicc"? Since when was that figure counter to elegance?  

Anyway, nothing bad about an elegant option anyway, which a phoenix is supposed to be, btw, this just looks like a straight up teenage mutant ninja chicken. The more elegant Ignus Dei design  would certainly be  more fetching and less garish than looking like a Sumpo chicken mascot, and it would accentuate her fiery nature beyond merely a single, avian creature.

Edited by UrielColtan

1 hour ago, Heatnix. said:

Honestly? Out of spite more than likely.

The way the artist of the first one left wasn't all that pretty. DE decided to scrap the work and make something entirely different and opposite of what was provided, so, instead of elegant they went tacky, instead of color-descrete they went mexican wrestler style, instead of working around her fire skills they made her a giant chicken. Wanting to go against what was previously provided they effectively made a monster, and all because they wanted to prove a point.

Believe me don't believe me I don't care. I may not know the artists personally, but I know a lot about spitefulness. This design has revenge written all over.

This is exactly what I see, petulance and pride of not wanting to admit they were wrong. Honestly this skin is just soo tacky, nothing about it says "deluxe" skin , there has honestly been much better tennogen skins, than this low effort hideous thing. 

Edited by Sonicbullitt

20 hours ago, UrielColtan said:

She has the literal coloars of a (Male) chicken, nothing about the look is anything but, nor proper.

Yeah, people have associated her with bad aesthetics(Her repugnant vanilla helmet for instance, or the particularly tacky backdraft helemt, no need to be faithful to stuff like that), but its time to go a better, more attractive direction for the deluxe if they want us spending plat on it. Why spend plat on a punk (Male)chicken look anyway when vanilla Ember already has that? 

Mohawks? Mohawks are such generic stock that has become so mainstream to the point that its about as punk rock as Denver the Last Dinosaur. Its little more than a bad haircut now, not a statement. Ember should not have to look bad to fullfill some banal perception of "punk".

Muscular? Vanilla Ember has a runner's look at best, she isn't exactly Zarya, thank goodness. You can't even see much definition in the new skin either, whatever muscles you could imagine her with in this one, are covered in those chicken feathers, male chicken feathers, so I don't know what muscles you're seeing beyond the hourglass figure. So Is the actual word you are looking for "thicc? Since when was that counter to elegance?  

Anyway,nothing bad about an elegant option anyway, which a phoenix is supposed to be, btw, this just looks like a straight up teenage mutant ninja chicken.. The more elegant Ignus Dei design  would certainly be  more fetching and less garish than looking like a Sumpo chicken mascot. and it accentuates her fiery nature beyond merely a single, avian creature.

This is exactly how I feel and why I created this post in the first place ! Even if they did not go with ignusdei's design they still could have put more effort into the skin. This new skin is just not ember, it has masculine colours and body shape, nor does it portray or hint about her flame and phoenix theme. They really took the chicken comments and jokes far to literally, instead of going for a unique design; they went with something generic, over designed and tacky. I mean they can make great skins, just look at the new mag skin, not only is it sleek, elegant and feminine it also suits her theme with her joins being floating by magnetic fields. This skin just feels really low effort.

Honestly I feel Ignusdei kept the theme consistent and subtle, yet made each one unique and different from the rest. The current person/s doing these newer skins is honestly all over the place, there is no consistency. 

Edited by Sonicbullitt

5 hours ago, FashionFrame said:

Yet this isn't the first deluxe that hasn't stayed 100% true to the Warframe but can still be pleasing to many. IE Frost, Nova, Trinity. 

And you can't really say the majority of the community, since the ones that usually are the loudest are the most negative. 

Hence "posting here" as in "posting here in this thread".

I understand why DE chose to forgo using the Ignis Dei Ember.  

Whether for rendering performance reasons or for artistic reasons, DE wanted to make changes to his design and he pushed back hard, offering no flexibility when it came to altering his design.

If I was ever lucky enough that DE chose a design of mine to use, I would be FULLY INVESTED in the collaborative process, and be on board with any changes the design team would make. 

The new design just doesn't ring true in terms of quality or vision, and I'm not saying they can't go a dramatically different route.

Example/Case and point:

The new (and very different take) alt-skin design for Octavia I've seen is a jaw-dropping piece of artwork.

Edited by (PS4)Silverback73

4 minutes ago, Hypernaut1 said:

I didnt find the Ignus Ember skin to be ALL that, especially when compared to his other designs. This is so completely overblown.

as usual, forums insist on taking up a self righteous fight with the creators. 

Critiquing is a process that must be open and honest and constructive.

Trust that DE understands how passion can affect responses and that very few here have any interest in a "self-righteous fight" with the creators.

As an artist it comes with the territory.  Very few here are "haters".  I daresay the passionate, critical fans are more often than not DE's champions.

Edited by (PS4)Silverback73

3 hours ago, Velveteen said:

Why the leaf like things on her forearms? How is that fire related? Why the spike thinghies on her legs? How's that fire related? How is the mohawk fire relatd? Utter S#&$e EXCEPT her chicken feet, at least they nailed that down.

The things on her forearms and legs are supposed to represent feathers, and the "mohawk" is supposed to represent a feathered crest.  The overall design is supposed to be symbolic of the phoenix or other mythical firebirds. 

I don't feel particularly strongly about the design because it's entirely optional.  But I still feel it misses the mark in being quite so literal in execution and that going with the firebird theme trespasses into Zephyr's aesthetic territory and works against the idea of making each Frame look/feel distinct.

Edited by Ukima

4 hours ago, TrickshotMcGee said:

I also don't even understand the idea of the petition tbh. It's DE's game, they're gonna do what they want with it. But there's nothing wrong with expressing distaste with what they make (so long as that negative feedback is tempered and not just salt-fueled demands that it be changed)

I was with you for the most part until stuff like this. I don't get a comment like that, its a product that they want to sell to us. That poster who put up the petition is a bit off-kiltered but, the concept of a petition is sound on its own.. I also disagree about "Too many people are trying to freak out about the old artist". No, a reasonable amount are rightyfully voicing preference for a former artist's contribution, and they should continue to do so until DE gets on a similar page. I was tolerable of at least Orphid skin caliber work(Though it still has some  shortcomings.). I want to see more like that at the bare minimum. It seems DE art team have a really hard time figuring out deluxe skins, either going too abstract and ugly(Nova deluxe skin.) or going too unoriginal and also ugly(Ember deluxe skin), or working years on one deluxe skin because they are seemingly just at a loss for attractive designs(Zephyr deluxe skin.)..

Edited by UrielColtan

2 minutes ago, (PS4)Silverback73 said:

Critiquing is a process that must be open and honest and constructive.

Trust that DE understands how passion can affect responses and that very few here have any interest in a "self-righteous fight" with the creators.

As an artist it comes with the territory.  Very few here are "haters".  I daresay the passionate, critical fans are more often than not DE's champions.

the response has gone BEYOND the level of "critique". There are multiple post acting as if that Ignus guy designed the entire game, and now its ruined and the creative team is S#&$e because an Ember skin didnt get released. Its beyond critique and more like dev bashing to make DE feel guilty for some reason. We obviously dont know the entire story, yet there is this crusade to bash the devs in the name of the artist.