Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ember's Deluxe Skin Feedback

octobotimus

5 minutes ago, (PS4)Vagnar said:

It's still just one skin. There's a few deluxe I don't like at all, but whatever. I'll live.

I like this one as I'm sure others do as well.

It's the only skin, so not really an argument. Likewise with some people liking it, a handful of players liking it does not negate a vast number more disliking it. As far as it goes, a frame only gets one chance at a deluxe, it's normal people want the end result to be somewhat good, since nothing else they are getting can live up to its potential due to them all being limited in design options. The design being this popularly disliked just worsens the issue greatly. 

I really like the skin, especially after seeing it in motion and noticing the "feathers" aren't completely rigid.

Ember prime already looks great and she has some very nice tennogen skind but I still feel like this is my favorite look for her. 

This was Ember's chance to get a cool new skin, to do something neat, get her a fancy model. To give her SOMETHING. And we got something that a lot of people find unpleasant. How long will it be before a new Ember skin can be justified? At LEAST until after everyone else has gotten a Deluxe, and that'll be AGES.

THAT is what people are upset about. Not necessarily that it's just bad, but because it's a missed opportunity. A missed opportunity of which a second won't come about for... years?

Even like, a new helmet or something is turbo-unlikely to come about. And if it does, you'll force a mohawk on that too.

Tennogen does 200% not count, and WON'T count unless the model changes to allow platinum purchases.

Seriously people?! Over one skin? 

FIRE. PHOENIX. BIRD. 

Theres the connection. Personally I feel it could use some more fire effects like glowing Embers on the feathers, etc but otherwise it’s a cool skin. I wasn’t expecting the feathers to actually move around either so good job to the render team for that. :thumbup:

1 minute ago, Rhundis said:

Seriously people?! Over one skin? 

FIRE. PHOENIX. BIRD. 

Theres the connection. Personally I feel it could use some more fire effects like glowing Embers on the feathers, etc but otherwise it’s a cool skin. I wasn’t expecting the feathers to actually move around either so good job to the render team for that. :thumbup:

Yah. It's based on the Chinese Vermilion bird of the South. It has the plume on its head like Ember's helm in most depictions.

It's really rad imho if you know where the inspiration comes from.

2 hours ago, Rociel said:

meh, when people on forum and reddit will shut up with their "this is the ugliest thing in warframe", I will think about using different words. Currently - I like it, I bought it, I don't regret it and I`m not worried about IgnusDei concept turning out badly anymore.

I mentioned none of those things tho, I actually agreed with you to some degree. 

But to be extra clear, if there was a tier evaluation for deluxe skins, Ember’s would be the lowest of them all. 

53 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:

This is not the end of all Skins for Ember - so please keep your feedback constructive. 

I agree but people are frustrated because you guys didn't listen to our feedback. It was clear since you showed the concept a couple weeks(?) ago that people hated it. Yet it remained the same. This is extremely frustrating for the players and we get the feeling we are being ignored. What's the point of making constructive feedback if it gets tossed away anyway? Artistically, DE has never ever listened to its fans and this is very disappointing. 

I think I can speak for a lot of people here... we just want the skin to be awesome. I think we can all agree she needs more fire and more phoenix looking feathers. 

Here's the thread I made and hopefully someone at DE will notice. 

I seriously wonder if it's not impossible to remake the bridge with the previous artist. It's an all right skin, i suppose, don't particularly like the helmet, but i gotta say she doesn't give me the impression of "Ember" at least add some effects like Nova's deluxe skin.

12 minutes ago, (PS4)Vagnar said:

Yah. It's based on the Chinese Vermilion bird of the South. It has the plume on its head like Ember's helm in most depictions.

It's really rad imho if you know where the inspiration comes from.

Much like Nova's skin, which also saw a fair amount of salt about it and it's colors, but the colors make sense if you know the inspiration for the skin, and it's the thing that makes me like it, it's fitting. Don't like the colors? We can change them anyway (pretty sure I'm one of the very few people that has played for years and still uses default colors on most frames/skins with very few exceptions).

19 minutes ago, God_is_a_Cat_Girl said:

Much like Nova's skin, which also saw a fair amount of salt about it and it's colors, but the colors make sense if you know the inspiration for the skin, and it's the thing that makes me like it, it's fitting.

Things fitting inspiration is all well and good. Drawing inspiration from things is entirely fine.

But you still need to consider whether or not it actually looks good. You can't just excuse things with 'but the inspiration'

2 minutes ago, DeltaPangaea said:

Things fitting inspiration is all well and good. Drawing inspiration from things is entirely fine.

But you still need to consider whether or not it actually looks good. You can't just excuse things with 'but the inspiration'

I don't see them looking any bad either, plus "good" and "bad" is relative.

Edited by God_is_a_Cat_Girl

4 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

This thread began as feedback and has progressively turned into derailing comments due to the launch of Ember’s Vermillion Skin. As an Ember fanatic, I’m here to interject some words. 

If we could use the first proposed Ember Deluxe Skin, we would. It’s a beautiful design, but unfortunately creative differences made moving forward with it impossible. Could we publically dive into great detail as to what those creative differences were? Sure. But we’re not about naming and shaming here in the Warframe community. So of course our team had to start over with a new design that steered itself in a different artistic direction. The apology from the responsible party is here: https://forums.warframe.com/topic/734001-my-personal-apology-to-the-fans/

I’m truly disappointed to see some disrespectful words being tossed around about artistic feedback. 

At the end of the day, the DE team put love and effort into making the Vermillion Skin. It’s your choice to either purchase it or pass on it. With the current track of amazing Warframe TennoGen artists there will be plenty of different Skins to grace the majesty that is Ember.

This is not the end of all Skins for Ember - so please keep your feedback constructive. 

:community:

while i do recognize this as art, and i LOVE art with a deep passion. I can see the love in this skin and i feel it, but sadly it's just lacking. the fact that we can't use embers first deluxe skin i just don't get at all. don't you have all legal ownership of ignus's artwork? *thought I heard this around somewhere from a good source, if not that's false info on my part, sorry* if you have legal ownership of his art doesn't that mean you can use it? and as for creative differences, that really shouldn't be an issue anymore since the lead designer isn't in office anymore. there shouldn't be much of a reason as to why it wasn't used right? or is there something i'm missing. possible.

I know the skin is out and there isn't really anything we can do about it, and i have to say the customized version of it looks FAR better than what it looked like before, but still i don't really love it as deluxe skins before made me feel. not only of Ignis but stuff like the gersemi and Proto. I still say that if we got the original it would be waaaay better, not to mention being able to customize it and the things that could go with the old ember deluxe theme. I, among with probably tons of others, think that there is no way that the new version could ever compare to the other, that being said i am tempted to buy the bundle. not for the skin but just for the syandana and it pains me to say that since i WANT to buy a bundle for the skin and something extra, not just for the extra. it's true that there will be tennogen skins for ember but we probably won't ever get that since skins like those are special and incredibly detailed and need more than 1 or 2 people to work on it for it to come out in time. 

Plus why is the mohawk ALWAYS needed. I get that it's embers thing but can't warframes break away from that a bit, ember is meant to be a phoenix but is it really a requirement to have that on her all the time, she's a tomboy, she's a rock star punk girl, she's a phoenix, but does she really need it? i think to think deluxe skins are a more polished or give a different vibe/personality to a warframe. I know there was love put into this, but for everything i see in it, i don't see a different character. the body is ok for me at best and the helmet is too thick with feathers that aren't really feathers. This was the reason everyone loved Ignus's skins. not only for how in depth for their designs they were, but the personality they gave off. even banshee who had a joke about music and dub step was made into a miracle skin that fit her completly while making her feel completely different. Most of your skins that you guys make don't feel like they have anywhere near the personality that his did *please don't take that the wrong way* they do carry a large amount of it of course, they look great but when we had someone like ignis making deluxe skins before we now have something to compare it to. the only skins that i have seen that gave off close to his lvl of personality was that of proto and nemesis. I don't really know how to say this so sorry if i can't get the point across. Your skins feel like just content, where as skins like oberon, trinity, rhino their deluxe felt like something entirely different.

As for how people are reacting in violent ways i can't really speak for them but maybe i can make it a bit nicer and their reason for it. since we had ignis giving us those skins we were spoiled, because we are spoiled we expect more from you, and if you can't deliver then we get passionate. fashion frame as a joke is funny, but some people can get really violent and defensive about things.

Edited by Violet_Xe
yeah actually going to end this here. don't want to type anything that would be offensive but i would like to see a few more reasons as to why it can't be used

Well its not the last or only ember skin...just the last one we will see from DE that can be purchased with plat. Oh sure they might do two deluxe skins for each frame but IF they do then it won't be for a very long time. So thats my guess why so many are upset. Mentioning ember tennogen skins as a solution is like a slap in the face to those who don't support it...just saying.

7 minutes ago, God_is_a_Cat_Girl said:

I don't see them looking any bad either, plus "good" and "bad" is relative.

Exactly.  Many like the previous deluxe skin draft where as I didn't because of the asymmetry.  Not that it was bad but I just didn't care for it.  The new one satisfies my need to have symmetry much more than the previous one.  Just an example of how relative opinions, likes, and dislikes are.  

2 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

The apology from the responsible party is here

We cannot know the details of the argument your team had with him, but I've seen that he's willing to try to compromise and mend your business relationship. Do you think that it is possible, if both sides are willing? I think many players, myself included, would like it.