Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

MR17 Test - stuck with it for A YEAR and cant do it - PLEASE change it!

deusAZMODAN

The Test for Mastery Rank 17, it so frustrating. And I am not kidding, I am stuck on it for a whole bloody year or longer. (counting the time I stopped playing because of it, just came back a month ago and still havent beaten it, though I am trying it every day.)

This test is so RNG, that most of the times, it simply cant be done. My best run so far was on Ember with only 3 kills left to do. On all other frames I have perfomed a lot worse, even with Titania. And I am using specters and anything else that I can think of. Usually my runs end with around half the mobs killed and three or four orbs down.

This test SO FRUSTRATING! Please, do some changes!

Any or all of these...

- remove the RNG part and make orbs spawn in a doable pattern or at the very least make orbs only spawn on one floor, not on both.

- add a starting platform where the frame spawns and have the test start when one leaves it (just as in so many other tests!) Allowing for the needed time to orientate after exiting loading screen and the short cutscene.

- make mobs spawn faster! Seriously!

- remove the DAMN delay between orb spawns!

- give 3 attempts before the test its over. As it is now the loading screens and cutscene is actually LONGER than the time one spends in the map.

- (for all practice tests) Intead of exiting the test training at the end, ask if one wants to repeat it, without going back to the Relay first. I mean, its frustrating enough to fail a test over and over again, without having to just sit there and look at the loading screen most of the time.

Are you bullet jumping between levels? Honestly the test isn't that hard, if you bullet jump between the first and second floor to hit orbs. Focus first on time remaining and second on the enemies.

I do agree the the loading and cutscenes are overly long. They should let us skip the intro where Lotus explains how the test is done.

Edit: I just did the test with Excal, MK1 Braton, Lato, and Skana all using less than 30 mod points and zero ability usage. The test is more than doable if you know what you are doing.

Edited by AXCrusnik
typo, video guide provided

Really, you're struggling on the MR17 test.... grab a decent ember build, press 4 run around after targets, ignoring the enemies and it's basically job done... seriously it was that easy although I might have dropped an energy pizza part way through. 

i did it with an equinox using maim the whole time and it worked just as well. as everyone says use either of those and you can pretty much ignore the enemies and only go for the orbs. added bonus with equinox is that if you only have a few enemies left and not enough time to get to an orb you can do the maim blast to instakill everything remaining

the mr17 test was the only test even remotely challenging for quite a number of mr tests going both directions. If mastery rank was an integral part of game advancement that you needed to access the highest tiers of content (which it is not) you'd have a fair point. But you get nothing but a few extra syndicate points and an extra loadout slot for mr17, and again, it's a test to show your mastery... and it's one of the few tests that isn't depressingly easy.

11 minutes ago, Dradonhunter11 said:

Take ember and you are done :P And a ranged melee weapon. If you find this hard, then I don't recommend at looking at MR 19

I'm fairly sure I remember ranged melee attacks being patched to no longer trigger orbs, if that's the angle you're going for. I suppose ranged attacks allow you to not need to close with the enemy, but they also require slowing down in order to fire the weapon. Also if the MR19 test is the stealth rescue one, that one was a very rewarding level of challenging to me, sitting far lower than mr17.

4 minutes ago, redeyedtreefrog said:

the mr17 test was the only test even remotely challenging for quite a number of mr tests going both directions. If mastery rank was an integral part of game advancement that you needed to access the highest tiers of content (which it is not) you'd have a fair point. But you get nothing but a few extra syndicate points and an extra loadout slot for mr17, and again, it's a test to show your mastery... and it's one of the few tests that isn't depressingly easy.

I'm fairly sure I remember ranged melee attacks being patched to no longer trigger orbs, if that's the angle you're going for. I suppose ranged attacks allow you to not need to close with the enemy, but they also require slowing down in order to fire the weapon. Also if the MR19 test is the stealth rescue one, that one was a very rewarding level of challenging to me, sitting far lower than mr17.

When I mean ranged I mean Atterax with primed reach or wathever melee that have range (or sarpa). The MR 19 is the stealth rescue, ez pz with sarpa since you can blow the orb with the shot that it have (while reedemer can't)

Yes, u r all so very awesome, but also absolutely useless and no help at all. And so is the vid... 10 orbs is simply beyond me. I do hate jumpNrun since Giana Sisters and was never good at it, thats why I am playing FPS and RPGs and not a stupid jumpNrun.

And No, just walking around with Ember does NOT kill enough mobs in time, even after 6 or more orbs (if i get very lucky with them) I still havent killed enough mobs.

"This test is to see how you perform under pressure."

Apparently you don't perform very well. Practice is all you can do.

15 minutes ago, deusAZMODAN said:

absolutely useless and no help at all. And so is the vid

Too bad. You came asking for people to give you tips and a few have actually offered advice. If you don't want to take it, or accept that the video is showing you can do this test with MK1 equipment, then you don't really deserve to achieve the rank.

Telling me how easy that test is or that I dont "deserve" it, is no advice.

If u can do this test easily, good for u. 

But I cant and I am not the only one who has problems with this one.

And about that video with the mk1 gear... I tried killing stuff with my fully formaed Ignis (which does a lot more dmg than any Mk1 stuff), so I dont have to waste time on aiming, but ran out of ammo half way trhough mobs. Also, in the vid mobs are lining up nicley for several kills at once, but I only ever get single stray mobs.

So anyone got some REAL advice on how to beat this test with around 4 to 6 orbs?

• Like 1

12 hours ago, deusAZMODAN said:

Telling me how easy that test is or that I dont "deserve" it, is no advice.

If u can do this test easily, good for u. 

But I cant and I am not the only one who has problems with this one.

And about that video with the mk1 gear... I tried killing stuff with my fully formaed Ignis (which does a lot more dmg than any Mk1 stuff), so I dont have to waste time on aiming, but ran out of ammo half way trhough mobs. Also, in the vid mobs are lining up nicley for several kills at once, but I only ever get single stray mobs.

So anyone got some REAL advice on how to beat this test with around 4 to 6 orbs?

if you haven't managed to do it as ember or equinox, I doubt there's hope for you honestly. If you're still having trouble with orbs you could equip a run speed mod, but in my testing that was overkill.

A number of people in this thread have given you actual advice on how to complete this test (viz. use a max range Ember or Equinox build and bring a melee weapon with a great deal of range like atterax or orthos prime). One person even gave you a video on someone completing the test as a visual aid.

Short of someone actually doing the test for you, I'm not sure what else you expect.

OFC I am using a runspeed mod. And range+strength+duration for Embers WoF.

Mobs r lvl 20ish and not dying as easy as shown in the vid at all. One orb gives 15 secs extra, with a 5 sec delay between orb spawns. Thats 10 secs time to locate and run to the next one. "easy" if its on the same floor, but my average  time is more like 12 secs. And if the orb spawns on opposite side of map and on different floor, I take a lot longer.

How many orbs u r getting before winning this test?

2 minutes ago, (PS4)abbacephas said:

A number of people in this thread have given you actual advice on how to complete this test (viz. use a max range Ember or Equinox build and bring a melee weapon with a great deal of range like atterax or orthos prime). One person even gave you a video on someone completing the test as a visual aid.

Short of someone actually doing the test for you, I'm not sure what else you expect.

The vid is from the warframe wiki and as I said, thats no help at all, its like I am playing a different game. And as I said in the entry post, I am already using an Ember and yes, a melee weap with primed reach on it, too.

14 minutes ago, deusAZMODAN said:

The vid is from the warframe wiki and as I said, thats no help at all, its like I am playing a different game. And as I said in the entry post, I am already using an Ember and yes, a melee weap with primed reach on it, too.

Here's a video of someone using Ember. Perhaps you will find it more useful. 

Outside of that, parkour is key to getting to the orbs as quickly as possible. Keep practicing the test until you can pass it 5 times in a row. Then you'll know you'll be ready to qualify.

Honestly, that is the best advice I can offer. Best of luck.

6 minutes ago, (PS4)abbacephas said:

Here's a video of someone using Ember. Perhaps you will find it more useful. 

Outside of that, parkour is key to getting to the orbs as quickly as possible. Keep practicing the test until you can pass it 5 times in a row. Then you'll know you'll be ready to qualify.

Honestly, that is the best advice I can offer. Best of luck.

Thank you. I just had 2 succuessful practice runs, without specters or an energy pizza. (before watching this vid) In the vid thats a Ember Prime, which is a tad stronger than my normal Ember.

I perform better if i turn WoF on after first orb, or even later, so no energy is wasted on the few mobs at start.

And yes, this test is very much parcour... so many fails I had because I tried to wall climb the pillars. :S

Also this vid actually look like my game does, with alot more lense flares and all other kinds of stuff distracting sight. A year ago this was even worse for me. (maybe because of older built back then, or because i changed gfx card and use dx11 and not dx10 now)

Unlike the first vid, which seems to use low gfx settings.. which would have been the next thing for me to try, to turn down gfx before each test.

This test is still extremely RNG... but I might get past it eventually. Still most of the changes I asked for in the starting post, should be implemented.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, deusAZMODAN said:

Thank you. I just had 2 succuessful practice runs, without specters or an energy pizza. (before watching this vid) In the vid thats a Ember Prime, which is a tad stronger than my normal Ember.

Just to clear up a misconception here: Ember Prime is not "stronger" than Ember. Ember Prime received a slight buff to her armour and sheilds, but that was it. In terms of abilities, she is just as strong as Ember with the same mods. In other words, if you have the same amount of power strength on Ember and Ember Prime, both will do the same amount of damage with their WoF ability (specifically for this MR test, but this applies to all her abilities as well).

3 hours ago, deusAZMODAN said:

Go troll someone else.

They just told you key advice to check your gear as anyone no matter their time played makes that mistake every now and then. I have hopped into raids with the wrong Nova or forgetting antiserum for JV. It happens.

You are shooting down everyone trying to help you :/.

Edited by --Q--Voltage

3 hours ago, deusAZMODAN said:

There are more ways than the Ember way to complete this test. It was a long time ago, but I remember doing it in a slightly different manner.

Used Volt with speed build and went for all the orbs as fast as I could. I only killed a few easy enemies along the way. By the time I was done, I had plenty of time from all the orbs, and all the enemies had spawned and grouped after me, which made them easy targets.

Btw, do not play the victim on the forums. If the other answers are rude or not useful to you, just ignore them.

Edited by -N7-Leonhart