Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Making Pads great again (?)

Grieves.

Old Version : 

20ebd88ffb.png

New Version : 

0a3b7f3fe4.png

What are you guys thinking about? so i mean the pictures say enough.. the idea is : when you place the pads INGAME you use the resources on this moment.. so its not longer to build this things again again and again.. i mean everyone of us know the feeling to build this pads and wait 1 minute for every 10 stacks.. this can be really stupid sometimes...

4 minutes ago, --Q--Voltage said:

I think there should be a BP for 50 pads for 5 minutes with 5x the cost. I don't think DE would do this as the foundry is a time gate for a reason.

+1 im fine with that.. but this 10x its S#&$ty for everybody i think 

@OP nah man. It's easy enough to hit the build button while you're waiting for a squad, surfing the trade mess channel, etc. Besides if you're using more than 5 pads in a mission you might want to check your builds.

This is yet another form of our classic "i want everything and i want it now"

The only way to make pads great again would be let us stand on top of them & make them stay forever, as it used to be.

It really isn't difficult to build restores.

9jew06.png

Simply build them as you build something else.  That's what I did.  

Clicked all of them and the cipher when I started a build of a specter or something else.  

Walk away.  

When you come back for the specter, click, click , and hit "enter."  Now you've collected all of them and started new ones.  

Go and collect your specter and start another build of the specter or something else if you can.

Now your second set of restores are built.  Click, click, and hit enter four or five times and walk away.

Rinse.

Repeat. 

Once again, it boils down to building stuff before you need it rather than rushing it when you actually need it.

Edited by Troll_Logic

5 minutes ago, ArchPhaeton said:

@OP nah man. It's easy enough to hit the build button while you're waiting for a squad, surfing the trade mess channel, etc. Besides if you're using more than 5 pads in a mission you might want to check your builds.

Some people enjoy speedrunning or other energy intensive playing styles. 

Just because you use a lot of pads doesn't mean you need to check your build :smile: 

Edited by --Q--Voltage

37 minutes ago, ArchPhaeton said:

This is yet another form of our classic "i want everything and i want it now"

The only way to make pads great again would be let us stand on top of them & make them stay forever, as it used to be.

some frames are very energy hungry like saryn... without trin u must use pads

I'd like the option to select build X of this blueprint. So then you can choose "Build 10 of this blueprint". You still have to wait the minute for each, so 10 minutes, but its not the click build, wait, build, wait, cycle. And they could make it so you have to wait for all 10 to be done to collect. 

It's silly that even if you want to rush larger amount you still have to sit there clicking over and over and over. This down here is 200 of each large restore and 200 ciphers, it costs you 100p to have privelage of sitting through all that clicking.

Spoiler

Click, ok click, small delay, click, ok click. Click, ok click, small delay, click, ok click. Click, ok click, small delay, click, ok click. Click, ok click, small delay, click, ok click. Click, ok click, small delay, click, ok click. Click, ok click, small delay, click, ok click. Click, ok click, small delay, click, ok click. Click, ok click, small delay, click, ok click. Click, ok click, small delay, click, ok click. Click, ok click, small delay, click, ok click. Click, ok click, small delay, click, ok click. Click, ok click, small delay, click, ok click. Click, ok click, small delay, click, ok click. Click, ok click, small delay, click, ok click. Click, ok click, small delay, click, ok click. Click, ok click, small delay, click, ok click. Click, ok click, small delay, click, ok click. Click, ok click, small delay, click, ok click. Click, ok click, small delay, click, ok click. Click, ok click, small delay, click, ok click.

Click, ok click, small delay, click, ok click. Click, ok click, small delay, click, ok click. Click, ok click, small delay, click, ok click. Click, ok click, small delay, click, ok click. Click, ok click, small delay, click, ok click. Click, ok click, small delay, click, ok click. Click, ok click, small delay, click, ok click. Click, ok click, small delay, click, ok click. Click, ok click, small delay, click, ok click. Click, ok click, small delay, click, ok click. Click, ok click, small delay, click, ok click. Click, ok click, small delay, click, ok click. Click, ok click, small delay, click, ok click. Click, ok click, small delay, click, ok click. Click, ok click, small delay, click, ok click. Click, ok click, small delay, click, ok click. Click, ok click, small delay, click, ok click. Click, ok click, small delay, click, ok click. Click, ok click, small delay, click, ok click. Click, ok click, small delay, click, ok click.

Edited by -Trey-

8 hours ago, --Q--Voltage said:

Some people enjoy speedrunning or other energy intensive playing styles. 

Just because you use a lot of pads doesn't mean you need to check your build :smile: 

If i'm left in a position where I have to complain about something so simplistic, or can't play properly with another specific frame in the squad, then i'd rather look for alternatives, instead of spending 36k on consumables for a random mission.

I'm familiar with what you mention, but obsessively sticking to that and demanding game changes based on it is not very intelligent.

1 hour ago, ArchPhaeton said:

If i'm left in a position where I have to complain about something so simplistic, or can't play properly with another specific frame in the squad, then i'd rather look for alternatives, instead of spending 36k on consumables for a random mission.

I'm familiar with what you mention, but obsessively sticking to that and demanding game changes based on it is not very intelligent.

I am not demanding anything and just explaining why people use lots of pads with examples and evidence. 50 pads for 5x the time and resources is a 1:1 ratio. I am listing the most likely solution DE would take to OPs suggestion and a fair compromise. No where did I say it HAS to come like this. You can craft pads while trading or in the ship or on your mobile device. 

4 years ago used once a health restore the old type. Since I never used any of these restores because I can manage my in and output and not rely on my frame skills. Same with the chipers simply because I learned how to hack fast and efficiently. Different problems different solutions.

11 hours ago, ArchPhaeton said:

-snip- Besides if you're using more than 5 pads in a mission you might want to check your builds. -snip-

I think this is an understatement. I made like 20 of each restore type many months ago and I've barely touched them, because if you build well, you will only need them in emergencies--and, if you build well, these emergencies will be few and far between.

53 minutes ago, AgentSkye said:

I think this is an understatement. I made like 20 of each restore type many months ago and I've barely touched them, because if you build well, you will only need them in emergencies--and, if you build well, these emergencies will be few and far between.

I think today's Sortie made me use the most energy pads in a while...

My Shatter Shield Mesa which needs a few more forma ended up using three? Maybe four during the energy reduction defense mission.

A queue function maybe?

Other than that, I think they want you to put at least a little work into getting them. Don't ask me why, it's a game thing. Maybe if it was too easy to make 100s, then it becomes less an item you craft and more a "push button to fill energy" mechanic. At that point, why even have restores. Just make it a free function, an energy button.

Then again, there's a fine line between tediousness and QoL. That's why we can at least craft 10 at a time. Personally, I find the 10x to be a decent enough amount that requires some engagment on my part to build, but not too tedious. I use them frequently too. Crafting them is part of my between mission cool down routine. It feels like gearing up. I guess it also gives me something to do besides hoping from mission to mission.

It serves a purpose

Edited by Hypernaut1

Pads are fundamentally overpowered because the gear wheel allows players to bring a completely unreasonable amount of those consumables to a mission. OPs change would just supercharge the effect and make things even more broken than they already are.

What needs to happen is a severe reduction of slot capacity on the gear wheel to about 5 or 10 per slot. Not... this.