Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A new Excalibur deluxe skin.

(PSN)genmafallen

Thought it would be a good idea to get another Excalibur deluxe skin. His current one is a nod to Dark Sector, and that is a great nostalgic easter egg. But, I think it is time Excalibur got a new make over. When you hear the name excalibur you think of the round table, Arthur Pendragon, knights. So I propose a skin that makes him look like a legitimate knight, kind of like the treatment that Frost got. Hell, perhaps it would even alter the exalted blade to appear like a European war sword. 

Just spit balling an idea...thoughts, suggestions?

Im all for that,but for now we can hope for umbra and some cool looking tennogen skins. It would be cool if DE fix visual on excal effects to look more modern like they fix on hydroid powers. And + it would be amazing if we have some options to change his excal blade....

Well... maybe? I don't know, I wouldn't be against it to be honest. Nyx also then would be viable for a new skin as her's is also a nod to Dark Sector. 

However I don't see that happening anytime soon. Excal's Immortal skin has yet to be PBR'd for example, and I bet there are a number of other cosmetics out there in need of an upgrade. ANd then there is the content DE wants to put out, it takes quite a while to get a Delux skin out as it is new from scratch, new mesh and everything. TennoGen has the "benefit" of needing to fit the basic mesh. 

4 hours ago, (PS4)genmafallen said:

Thought it would be a good idea to get another Excalibur deluxe skin. His current one is a nod to Dark Sector, and that is a great nostalgic easter egg. But, I think it is time Excalibur got a new make over. (...)

Just spit balling an idea...thoughts, suggestions?

I thought the same a while ago. Proto Excalibur started the concept of the "Deluxe" skins but by todays standard it doesn't really fit the deluxe skin concept anymore. What deluxe skins are now are basicly thematically related but different visual interpretations of the characters that are the Warframes. Radical different takes on the frames while true to their theme.

However while the Proto-Excal skin is certainly a nice easter egg to Warframe's development history, it feels unfitting compared to what the Deluxe skins have become.

So i would also think Excal should be resuggested for getting a "proper" deluxe skin.

Nyx is a bit more troublesome to argue however. While her skin is also a nod towards Dark Sector, it's such a radicaly different take on Nyx's design that it can easily fit into the modern standard of the deluxe skins.

1 hour ago, WhiteCr0w said:

As much as I love Excal, I think I'd rather a full-on, faithful representation of a Knight themed Warframe. More so than the stretches we can make now.

Palatine?

I personaly liked how our excal, loki, and some other doesn't look 80% like their theme (unlike inaros, as much as i like him)

and i'd rather have a volt deluxe first since even though excal doesn't have a "deluxe", he has an immortal, DS suit, prisma (with all those helmets), and soon umbra

13 hours ago, (PS4)JaysInc_ said:

I'm pretty sure Excalibur has way too many skins

Many, yet not one of them is a fresh new model (Umbra doesn't really count, given it's just added bulges and cloth). All of his skins are texture and helmet alterations, and his only "deluxe" is an asset from a previous DE game. I do think he deserves a proper deluxe skin going by today's standards, but I'm not counting on it in the near future or any time soon. I also agree that Nyx should be given a modern deluxe due to the fact her current falls under the same category as Excalibur.

When people say Excalibur has too many skins:

• most of them are Tennogen, which is not accessible to all players
  • none of them are drastic changes in style or model swaps, except maaaybe the proto skin.

None of them are deluxe skins in that sense, just more detailed deluxe skins. As the face of the game, it's natural for him to have a number of skins.

But I still think he deserves a skin that changes his visuals in a noticeable and radical way that meshes with Warframe's techno-organic and ornate style.

18 hours ago, Evanescent said:

But I still think he deserves a skin that changes his visuals in a noticeable and radical way that meshes with Warframe's techno-organic and ornate style.

Yeah I agree there. I'd like something that's basically a new take on his design.