Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

orokin are human or what?

lullul1635

1 hour ago, -SDM-NerevarCM said:

Some people say that the Zariman Incident wasn't an accident. It was a colony ship, maybe made to flight to Tau and colonize the system. They wouldn't send the Executors or any other Orokin in a dangerous mission through lots of solar rails to a place they don't know if it was terraformed or if even had infrastructure to sustain life.

Thats why they sent the Sentients, they are machines and could adapt to almost everything.

Its better to send low rank/ low caste people to colonize the system and see if everything is fine and then send the Orokin. But looks like Zariman didn't even reached Outer Terminus after it made the jump from Saturn's solar rail.

Now why an state-of-art Orokin ship would fail like that doing such a small jump that every other ship should do all the time is really intriguing

Perhaps something was waiting at that point? A species had finally reached a point that they could crack its realm wiiidddeee open, and let it slip through the pane seperateing primordium from the mundane and. . . fill a little bit of that annoying emptiness it felt. Fill it with thoughts, emotions, parental instincts. . . let it take on a few thoughts of it's own.

Edited by Unus

11 hours ago, -SDM-NerevarCM said:

Well, the Corpus say they're descendant of the Orokin. And they are right, check Anti-Moa synthesis. But since we only know that the Orokin had perfect beauty, white skin and golden irises, we don't know for sure how much the Corpus looks like the Orokin.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, so they say. The infested would think phorid is beautiful.

I agree with the sentiment of @Mintsabout not wanting to believe that a sentient "destroyer of worlds" has such bravado to completely mis-species an adversary. 

However, if Alad V is an orokin, why didn't he know about the reservoir and lua?

7 hours ago, -SDM-NerevarCM said:

Some people say that the Zariman Incident wasn't an accident. It was a colony ship, maybe made to flight to Tau and colonize the system. They wouldn't send the Executors or any other Orokin in a dangerous mission through lots of solar rails to a place they don't know if it was terraformed or if even had infrastructure to sustain life.

Thats why they sent the Sentients, they are machines and could adapt to almost everything.

Its better to send low rank/ low caste people to colonize the system and see if everything is fine and then send the Orokin. But looks like Zariman didn't even reached Outer Terminus after it made the jump from Saturn's solar rail.

Now why an state-of-art Orokin ship would fail like that doing such a small jump that every other ship should do all the time is really intriguing

But like the low ranking Orokin. Like the lowest classifying as Orokin

13 hours ago, A-p-o-l-l-y-o-n said:

The Archimedians are not the Corpus. Maybe your being Brazilian (language barrier? English is your second language?) might be why you're having trouble with this, but 1) the Corpus were a merchant cult situated on Jupiter. 2) None of the Archimedians in the lore (and I seriously mean none) are the Corpus. Margulis is not. Silvana is not. Perintol is not. The Archimedian who was the greatest scholar of genetics was not. Suda was not. None of these people were Corpus. None of them were a part of the merchant guild. 3) They talk about Archimedians no different than the Executor, Sectarus, and Enginus classes, but I'll get to that later. 4) The Archimedians are not called abominations. In the Detron Crewman lore, Ballas is saying that the abomination which Perintol created (the Sentient) will be annihilated like Perintol will. In the Silver Grove quest, that is Amaryn referring to the Grove, which is considered another abomination like the Warframe. 5) Ballas does not stop showing affection toward Margulis. But Ballas is bound to follow the Seven Principles, because they consider Orokin law to be sacred.

I understand everything else is up to interpretation (although I still say there are some inconsistencies, particularly with the Sentients and Orokin imperial structure), but I have to clarify the deal about the Archimedians.

Now, you might be correct that the Archimedians are not a class. While the other lore makes no distinction between what the Archimedians are and what the other classes are, the Suda comic mentions an Archimedian oath. So, that's one of two things: 1) the Archimedians are a class, and every class takes an oath specific to that class, or 2) the Archimedians aren't a class but a special order.

I have some problems with english. Living in Brazil means you are forced to have spanish as your second language because our country is surrounded by spanish speaking countries.

But didn't say Archimedians are the Corpus, Corpus is just a name for kin or family. Only after the Collapse, the end of the Old War and the Orokin Empire that the survivors created colonies and after some time created the Corpus faction. From what I understand, the Archimedians are just the precursos of the Corpus.

But in the Cephalon Fragments, the Corpus say they're descendant of the Orokin, which confirms the Anti-Moa synthesis and that Orokin father and his child. Means that in the beggining, the Corpus was founded by Archimedians (being a class or a race), Orokins (the very few that survived), and common people, looks like the Tenno only killed the high ranks.

The Sentient lore is pretty scarce. I mean, we only know why they were created and how they get back to the Origin System. Everything in between is unknown. How they started as terraforming robots and became fully sentient beings with minds, desires and "reprodutive capabilities" is really a mistery.

About Ballas, yes, I forgot about the other trailers and his desire to continue what Margullis was doing. He really loved her, but as a Archimedian (being a lower race, lower caste or lower rank) is really strange for Ballas, an immortal Orokin fall in love in a lower person with all that difference. Maybe the lifespan of the higher classes was so big that was nearly immortality?

And what about 2 lines in the Anti-Moa synthesis?

“Orokin didn’t have parents like you do, it was done differently then.

But:

“Listen, the corpus who raised me are dead, do you know why they are dead?”

Maybe designated protectors? Foster parents? Same could be said about that line in the Detron Crewman Synthesis:

“An appeal comes at a price. Should you fail, you and your corpus will pay dearly.”

“They already suffer in this growing wasteland. They have already paid. Will you also sacrifice the royal futures by ignoring my solution?”

Maybe the Archimedians are Orokin, but on a lower caste or rank but they're raised in the same way. Unfortunately we don't have nothing showing to us how people looked like in the Orokin Empire, only the Orokins.

57 minutes ago, -SDM-NerevarCM said:

I have some problems with english. Living in Brazil means you are forced to have spanish as your second language because our country is surrounded by spanish speaking countries.

But didn't say Archimedians are the Corpus, Corpus is just a name for kin or family. Only after the Collapse, the end of the Old War and the Orokin Empire that the survivors created colonies and after some time created the Corpus faction. From what I understand, the Archimedians are just the precursos of the Corpus.

But in the Cephalon Fragments, the Corpus say they're descendant of the Orokin, which confirms the Anti-Moa synthesis and that Orokin father and his child. Means that in the beggining, the Corpus was founded by Archimedians (being a class or a race), Orokins (the very few that survived), and common people, looks like the Tenno only killed the high ranks.

The Sentient lore is pretty scarce. I mean, we only know why they were created and how they get back to the Origin System. Everything in between is unknown. How they started as terraforming robots and became fully sentient beings with minds, desires and "reprodutive capabilities" is really a mistery.

About Ballas, yes, I forgot about the other trailers and his desire to continue what Margullis was doing. He really loved her, but as a Archimedian (being a lower race, lower caste or lower rank) is really strange for Ballas, an immortal Orokin fall in love in a lower person with all that difference. Maybe the lifespan of the higher classes was so big that was nearly immortality?

And what about 2 lines in the Anti-Moa synthesis?

“Orokin didn’t have parents like you do, it was done differently then.

But:

“Listen, the corpus who raised me are dead, do you know why they are dead?”

Maybe designated protectors? Foster parents? Same could be said about that line in the Detron Crewman Synthesis:

“An appeal comes at a price. Should you fail, you and your corpus will pay dearly.”

“They already suffer in this growing wasteland. They have already paid. Will you also sacrifice the royal futures by ignoring my solution?”

Maybe the Archimedians are Orokin, but on a lower caste or rank but they're raised in the same way. Unfortunately we don't have nothing showing to us how people looked like in the Orokin Empire, only the Orokins.

Archimedians aren't precursors for the Corpus. The Corpus already existed as merchants on Jupiter. And again, the Archimedians aren't a race.

With regard to the Synthesis lore, not all of that is still valid. The original lore had the Corpus being a merchant guild. The Synthesis lore rewrote that and made corpus the family structure of the Empire. The Cephalon Fragment lore went back to the old lore and ignored the Synthesis lore. So I don't think the Synthesis lore is canon anymore. I think that's why the lore doesn't make sense in some places.

I think that's because different people wrote the lore at different times. I think someone wrote the original lore, someone else wrote the Simaris Synthesis lore, I think someone else wrote the Cephalon Fragments, and it's someone else who writes the quests (Steve). There are just too many inconsistencies, particularly with regard to the Tenno, Sentients, and Orokin, for this to have been written by the same person.

12 hours ago, (Xbox One)Mr Calverley said:

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, so they say. The infested would think phorid is beautiful.

I agree with the sentiment of @Mintsabout not wanting to believe that a sentient "destroyer of worlds" has such bravado to completely mis-species an adversary. 

However, if Alad V is an orokin, why didn't he know about the reservoir and lua?

That's a good question, and one I certainly can't answer with a degree of certainty. The Guardsman's Codex entry makes mention of there being many Orokin of varying station, which implies to some degree that perhaps not all of them would know the details of what the Warframes are. As far as we know only Ballas, the Council, and the unnamed Orokin Ballas was talking to about the nature of the Tenno, actually know what the Warframes are. If Alad is Orokin, and he survived the Collapse, then he may have been of low enough social station to survive.

Think of how the Twin Queens survived and their story within the Kuria, how they were born during the Great War, shunned by their own kind, but also legitimately Orokin and may very well have survived because they were shunned. Alad V may be similar. The Guardsman Codex story also makes reference to the degradation of what makes the Orokin what they are. After the Collapse they began to degenerate, the first manifestations being the loss of what is described as "symmetry" and the dulling of the eyes. It's worth noting that Alad V, during and after his experiments with the Infestation, is also asymmetrical with the infestation marking the left side of his body/face. That could be a coincidence, but the fact he even managed to resist the Infestation calls Alad's very nature into question. No-one has ever done that before.

Also it's worth noting that Alad V did know about Lua, but he believed it to be destroyed. As for why he doesn't know the truth about the Tenno it could be what I stated above or it could be as simple as the Orokin degradation causing him to lose his memory over time. The amount of resources he has at his command even after being ejected from the Corpus Board makes me wonder how old he really is, and how much wealth he has squirreled away.

Edited by Mints
Clarifying which story I'm referring to in second paragraph.

11 hours ago, (Xbox One)Mr Calverley said:

He's not.  The Orokin worked on a caste based system.  The Orokin themselves were the ruling caste, and had all the best toys and ran the government.  The caste that would become the Corpus were the middle class.  Hunhow refers to Alad as "Orokin" because he doesn't care about the subtle distinctions: you're either a Tenno, or your an Orokin to his mind, and the only reason he draws the line is that killing one is significantly harder than killing the other.

49 minutes ago, UltimateGrr said:

He's not.  The Orokin worked on a caste based system.  The Orokin themselves were the ruling caste, and had all the best toys and ran the government.  The caste that would become the Corpus were the middle class.  Hunhow refers to Alad as "Orokin" because he doesn't care about the subtle distinctions: you're either a Tenno, or your an Orokin to his mind, and the only reason he draws the line is that killing one is significantly harder than killing the other.

In the times of the roman empire, a german tribesmans travels west into the occupied land of the Gauls. There he tries to cross a very narrow bridge, but another man blocks his path.

"Go back and let me cross first you stupid roman!" The german yells. "I'm no roman i'm a gaul!" Yells the other man. "But you dress like a roman, you act like a roman and your country is part of the roman empire." The german tells the other man. "I'm still a gaul. I pray to our gods. I eat my gaulish meals and i speak our gaulish language. Who are you to judge me you german?" The gaul counters. "I'm no german. I'm a saxon. Don't throw me into the same pot as those teutons or goths!" The german says angrily.

In that moment a roman centurion comes along and calls both barbarians and tell them to get off the bridge.

I think it's that kind of deal with Hunhow calling Alad an Orokin.

Orokin are human. Ballas and Marguilis are human.
But the biggest achievement of the orokin is immortality.

That allowed them to solidify their position as rulers since they can consolidate their power base.
This is supported by the Corpus. Corpus might not be fully immortal, but they can easily live for hundreds of years without issues.

For example Darvo is 105 years old and is considered a "teen" by his dad, Frohd Bek.
And Bek is a heck lot older. So medicinal technology has greatly advanced as well, to the point that living for centuries (if you can afford it) is pretty much the norm.

In fact the entire Darvo saga can be summed up as this.

173_by_yuikami_da-d75g1hq.jpg

But basically Warframe is just humans vs humans. Infested are also made from humans too.
No aliens. Everything that caused the Orokin downfall were all MAN MADE. 
Sentients / Tenno + Warframes / Infested / Grineer etc. Aka the Orokins own fault.

Edited by fatpig84

• 3 months later...
4 minutes ago, griztheone said:

so The orokin aren’t all blue skinned like ballas? Is he special in some way or what? 

we don't know what other orokin look like as it is, or the general fashion style of the orokin culture. ballas could be unique, or blue skin could be some fashion trend within orokin society, like dying hair is in this day and age. 

• 1 month later...

The Orokins are human that had achieved immortality.The Tenno are humans corrupted by The Void giving the ability to control the Warframes called 'Transference'.Now the Warframes themselves are a technocyte virus,a story for another day.

En 18/9/2017 a las 14:45, lullul1635 dijo:

I can't figure out orokin's identity in game.

so tenno are their descendants and what are orokin?

are they evolved human or what?

DE ever mentioned about that?

They are humans that found in the void the knowlendge to became inmortal