Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Are insta-revives slowly killing teammate revive as part of gameplay?

Hypernaut1

Ran with a couple new players who kept self reviving.  I told them they were losing out on xp and should wait for me to come pick them up.

They told me that they didn't want to be a burden and make me wait on their "noob" a ss.  

Personally, I like the Insta revive option but I can see how it's a detriment in public play.  No one is sure if they're going to get revived, chewed out for being a burden or ignored, so they take matters into their own hands.

4 minutes ago, MagPrime said:

Ran with a couple new players who kept self reviving.  I told them they were losing out on xp and should wait for me to come pick them up.

They told me that they didn't want to be a burden and make me wait on their "noob" a ss.  

Personally, I like the Insta revive option but I can see how it's a detriment in public play.  No one is sure if they're going to get revived, chewed out for being a burden or ignored, so they take matters into their own hands.

I think we're going to start seeing more teammates running out of revives mid-mission

People will insta-revive when I'm on top of them. People will insta-revive when I'm reviving them. People will insta-revive even when I tell them to save their revives because it's a hard mission and I know they'll run out. Then they have no revives and are dead whole mission. I don't know what can be done about all this, instant revives are nice, but players are using this without any thought. 

49 minutes ago, Hypernaut1 said:

I think we're going to start seeing more teammates running out of revives mid-mission

I already do.

To be honest, I'm pretty apathetic on the subject.  They're only really hurting themselves and most content I run, I tend to carry.  So someone running out of revives doesn't hurt me overmuch, just themselves.

I don't know if there's anything DE can, or should, do about this though. 

I was in a mission and I died right in front of a teammate and I waited to be revived....guy just stood there...and one time in an assassination, none of them would revive me either until I ran out of revives. Oh well. my only option was to abort so I did. 

I wish they did give an incentive to revive fallen teammates. Maybe increased armor and speed for a short time. 

It's always been like this. Just before insta-revive, when you went down, and other players were spread out across the map and dealing when enemies around them, you just laid there and died. Now, you can revive yourself (which is common across many games). The system is better now and doesn't need to be changed. This isn't a tactical game. It's not a game where you need to worry about dying.. And considering how horde-like the game is, you shouldn't be worried about dying. The game doesn't need to punish players for dying. A few vocal people complained about this a few years ago, and most people reached the conclusion that significantly punishing players for dying wasn't necessary. The state of revives is fine. Leave it be. If a player runs out of revives, so be it. If you're playing a very high-level, hard mission with pubs and they do this, well, shame on you. Don't run high-level missions with pubs. :p

The only thing I say is that the game should probably be more forgiving for new players. So, up until a certain MR, I wouldn't be opposed to new players having unlimited revives since they're still trying to figure out the game and will probably go down a lot. I say that because, even with certain incentives, players probably still won't revive fallen teammates (again, this isn't a new problem).

Edited by A-p-o-l-l-y-o-n

57 minutes ago, MagPrime said:

I already do.

To be honest, I'm pretty apathetic on the subject.  They're only really hurting themselves and most content I run, I tend to carry.  So someone running out of revives doesn't hurt me overmuch, just themselves.

I don't know if there's anything DE can, or should, do about this though. 

i think revives will soon just be seen as having health 4 health bars. Its almost going to act as DEs answer to shield gating in a way. You dont need to worry about getting one shot because you only lose a health bar and get a few seconds of immunity. 

Edited by Hypernaut1

13 minutes ago, Hypernaut1 said:

i think revives will soon just be seen as having health 4 health bars. Its almost going to act as DEs answer to shield gating in a way. You dont need to worry about getting one shot because you only lose a health bar and get a few seconds of immunity. 

True.

From purely selfish-point of view - I have to admit, I was originally happy they have added an option to self-revive. As I sorta.. don't like to wait & be useless when I get downed, and when I do get downed in regular content, it's my fault only, and I shouldn't really hinder my teammates. Especially when a lot of the times, they'll get themselves killed while trying to revive me. Ugh.
But, seeing the broader scale & how it affects the whole game-feel - I feel it does ruin the comraderie & teamwork feel. As people simply self-revive, and there's no need to really look out for each other, in the majority in the content as it is. This 'self-revive' just contributes to it. So, what happens often - we have 4 people on the squad; who are more akin 4 individuals, rather than a team. I believe DE's intent was a good one with this feature, but it does impact the teamwork-feel considerably.

Sadly it is true, very often, downed players will insta revive; there are too many times where I've tried to go back and revive a downed player but they insta revive and I wasted time going back.

There has been time where I'm down, and the players nearby not even 3 seconds away from me, don't even bother to revive me, and I assume it's because they think I'm gonna insta revive, so now I am starting to insta revive more often now because I never know if they're gonna even bother to revive me.

In my opinion, the insta revive is a bad move on DE's part, the worst part I'd say is, we need to be able to stay dead rather than insta revive.

Edited by saltygr33n

7 hours ago, (PS4)FunyFlyBoy said:

For some reaso I assumed with I stant revive your device number was no longer capped at four plus arcanes.

I don't know about that but I don't expect many to have that load out either. Still, they'll run out eventually, especially if you keep going down.

There are some ignorant players out there and I do think a majority of them are impatient, but I have seen a number of players (particularly newer ones) who accidentally revive because of not realizing that their reload key is tied to their action key by default.  With this change in place i think that setting should be disabled by default to avoid any further confusion.  There are some (really) new players too that I've seen that will auto-revive not realizing that a revive won't be consumed if revived by another player.  As far as I'm aware, there is nothing in-game that informs a new player how stuff like this works, but that's a whole other can of worms.

On 9/22/2017 at 5:33 AM, Hypernaut1 said:

2. I don't shares your experience of rarely being revived. If you're teammates weren't reviving you before, then you probably play too far away from the objective. In my experience players usually try to revive others for the most part. It has been a big part of team play. I've never heard of an Oberon trolling with a revive timer, that is not a common thing.

Same here. As I read all these people claiming they rarely if ever get revived all I can think is wth are you doing that your team doesn't want you around. Even if a player is several tiles away the majority of the time the other two players and myself will start to make our way their direction. The same works the other way in that 99% of the time if downed I get revived. Those few times I don't are usually because I put myself in a situation that anyone trying to revive me would get themselves killed trying, so I understand. Reviving downed Tenno or at least trying I would say is the norm. In my experience anyway.

Edited by blackheartstar_pc

12 hours ago, SeaUrchins said:

If you die that much in a mission,then you don't deserve the loot. Go invest some formas into your gear and learn how to be useful to the squad instead of taking advantage of the votekick system absense. Period.

Ahh so you're a kick to the curb kind of person instead of helping fellow tenno.

44 minutes ago, SeaUrchins said:

If you die 4 times in a mission, you are clearly not ready for it, you're a dead weight for the team and obviously just come to leech off other players efforts.

As simple as that. There's no help in carrying freeloaders.

I'm good enough to not worry about a player being a"leecher". I usually just make a game out if it and try to protect the weaker player as much as I can. This is how I looked at revives, it was like a random challenge popping up in the middle of a mission. Clear the area, rescue the Tenno. It helped change the page of gameplay as an impromptu mini defense mission.

11 hours ago, saltygr33n said:

Sadly it is true, very often, downed players will insta revive; there are too many times where I've tried to go back and revive a downed player but they insta revive and I wasted time going back.

There has been time where I'm down, and the players nearby not even 3 seconds away from me, don't even bother to revive me, and I assume it's because they think I'm gonna insta revive, so now I am starting to insta revive more often now because I never know if they're gonna even bother to revive me.

In my opinion, the insta revive is a bad move on DE's part, the worst part I'd say is, we need to be able to stay dead rather than insta revive.

I never revived people period.

More and more lately, im seeing players just using insta-revive, not helping to revive downed teammates or just not even bothering with running back for a downed teammate.

Well this particular case... Nope, no one has to run to you or think that you should run to them especially if they died 100-200-god knows how many meters away.

And unless you farm affinity (which means your death takes away some each time you die) of almost run out if revives,it shouldn't matter. It's just a revive. It's not a big deal. So just deal with it, it's not a big deal if you died a couple of times.

Before instant revives I was rarely revived.

Well. Sucks to be you.

In my experience 9 times out of 10 people tried to revive teammates. They still often do tbh.

That's unfortunate.

It's not. It feels like many are too used to that so even in a starchat mission dying god knows where they will expect that someone will return specifically to rescue their sorry a**. And it's getting old after awhile.

It can get as bad as players that should in theory know better take inappropriate frames while beingg unable to stay alive on them (like Equinox) for example to a toxin survival sortie, exhausting their revives - cause hey, it must be really hard to figure out what toxin does to warframes especially if you're mr ~20 and just being 'dead' for 5 minutes and basically leeching. All because they went full yolo and thought that even if they died "someone will reveive them" but surprise ....., 3 people out of 4 thought like that. Reap what you saw now.

Litrally had people running on top of me while downed. When I ask for Rev "just insta revive" ...

Tell at least one good reason why you don't. Preferebly beside affinity which isn't the case in like 90% of misisosn because 90% of misisons get you so little it's nothing.

Edited by -Temp0-