Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sortie boss (ambula bossfight) was awesome! more of this DE!

mwolfamirgaulm

So I teamed up with some pretty chill dudes (or chicks :P) and we just did the first two sortie missions with ease (2X frost, 1Xlimbo, 1Xoberon). We had some pretty great synergy. I'm already somewhat of an older player (been here since update 14; 500 hours played) and all the others also were at least vets at the game but even then the bossfight was still kinda challenging. This is the first time in my entire warframe career that a bossfight was actually challenging. The ambula's were not only lvl100 they also had physical resistance if i'm correct which made it not less difficult. And just generally i never had so much fun in fighting a boss, it actually didn't feel like a chore for once to kill bosses to grind for loot and stuff like that. For one time in my entire career of warframe i actually had some real fun in fighting a boss (even more so than  a raid boss). It might also have been because i had an amazing squad with really chill and friendly people i don't know but listen to me DE if you see this, We need more challenging bossfights like this!!! Not those kind of raidboss fights where you have to do some complicated and tedious work of standing in certain spots to open the enemy up or needing to do other complicated stuff NO DE we need more of those challenging but SIMPLE bossfights. With other words really strong bosses with hordes of high level mobs that REQUIRE some BASIC teamwork to pull through but without complicated strategies. This was amazingly done in the ambula fight where you had to hack the downed ambulas meanwhile your teammates need to protect you so it won't fail. This is basic teamwork which is not difficult and just fun. The enemies where also quiete though finally i didn't one shot everything (including the boss) for once. The bosses were some decent bullet sponges for once and didn't have those stupid weak points that you only can attack at certain times. I felt like i was playing a real bossfight. So DE if you see this, i absolutely enjoyed this sortie and i really hope for more bosses like this :laugh:

Edited by mwolfamirgaulm

Those hectic sorties where even with endgame gear you're rezzing one or two people at a time and everyone's jumping all over the place trying to dodge bullets... Those are the good ones. When it feels difficult enough to be a legitimate challenge without there being a cheap mechanic that one-shots you or shields the boss from damage indefinitely. 

Edited by MadHatHacker
Grammar yo

Haven't played today's sortie yet, but I already know how the bossfight will go.

Nova will one-shot Ambulas with Antimatter, then M-Prime everything else to a standstill, untill Ambulas is taken away. Rinse, repeat.

And I'm gonna just stay on a crate, probably doing my stuff outside the game, 'cuz there's nothing else to do in this particular mission.

Edited by WindigoTP

I like the ambulace as well, but my 4 attempts at the boss sortie was ruined due to inexperience squad mates. Low MR's who I can only guess were not around for the Ambulance event to know how it goes and not get killed so much. So I stopped. Would of broke something had I tried a fifth time or more and got another useless reward.

That could have been awesome..if it doesn't take 3242839752907853 beacons just to get into the fight. I truly feel bad for the new players who didn't pick Excalibur in prologue coz it'd gonna takes years for them to farm Excalibur from Ambula. I have returned to this game for 3 months but it's the first time I fight Ambula coz I just couldn't get enough beacons.

This beacon (and judgement points for Kela) thing is total BS and is nothing more than a nuisance for players.

Edited by Marvelous_A

15 minutes ago, (PS4)FatMacBrbn said:

I like the ambulace as well, but my 4 attempts at the boss sortie was ruined due to inexperience squad mates. Low MR's who I can only guess were not around for the Ambulance event to know how it goes and not get killed so much. So I stopped. Would of broke something had I tried a fifth time or more and got another useless reward.

Of all those tries,  did you tried to help explaining what to do?because if not then can't really blame newbs imo...

2 minutes ago, (PS4)watt4hem said:

Of all those tries,  did you tried to help explaining what to do?because if not then can't really blame newbs imo...

Of course I can blame them, ignorance doesn't change that. And nope, didn't log-in to play teacher and no reason to believe it's worth it. Maybe it was the weekend, I'd have that kind of patience.

4 hours ago, mwolfamirgaulm said:

So I teamed up with some pretty chill dudes (or chicks :P) and we just did the first two sortie missions with ease (2X frost, 1Xlimbo, 1Xoberon). We had some pretty great synergy. I'm already somewhat of an older player (been here since update 14; 500 hours played) and all the others also were at least vets at the game but even then the bossfight was still kinda challenging. This is the first time in my entire warframe career that a bossfight was actually challenging. The ambula's were not only lvl100 they also had physical resistance if i'm correct which made it not less difficult. And just generally i never had so much fun in fighting a boss, it actually didn't feel like a chore for once to kill bosses to grind for loot and stuff like that. For one time in my entire career of warframe i actually had some real fun in fighting a boss (even more so than  a raid boss). It might also have been because i had an amazing squad with really chill and friendly people i don't know but listen to me DE if you see this, We need more challenging bossfights like this!!! Not those kind of raidboss fights where you have to do some complicated and tedious work of standing in certain spots to open the enemy up or needing to do other complicated stuff NO DE we need more of those challenging but SIMPLE bossfights. With other words really strong bosses with hordes of high level mobs that REQUIRE some BASIC teamwork to pull through but without complicated strategies. This was amazingly done in the ambula fight where you had to hack the downed ambulas meanwhile your teammates need to protect you so it won't fail. This is basic teamwork which is not difficult and just fun. The enemies where also quiete though finally i didn't one shot everything (including the boss) for once. The bosses were some decent bullet sponges for once and didn't have those stupid weak points that you only can attack at certain times. I felt like i was playing a real bossfight. So DE if you see this, i absolutely enjoyed this sortie and i really hope for more bosses like this :laugh:

Sorry to disappoint you, but it was not challenging at all.

It was a piece of cake a walk in the park..

A Nuke Banshee and a trinity... GAME OVER !!

Edited by (XB1)Oussii

1 hour ago, (PS4)FatMacBrbn said:

Of course I can blame them, ignorance doesn't change that. And nope, didn't log-in to play teacher and no reason to believe it's worth it. Maybe it was the weekend, I'd have that kind of patience.

I mean, true it isn't anyone's duty to teach instead of hopping in and play. But with 4 previous tries,  you'd thibk talking to them a bit might help (if not them,  help you save time) 

When i was a newbie,  i farmed krill for frost without knowing what actually did something and what doesn't since wf dosen't hold hands, and i passed him. A simple "attack the big robot, hack,  then defend it" would've worked. 

But yeah,  point taken:clem:

1 hour ago, (Xbox One)Oussii said:

Sorry to disappoint you, but it was not challenging at all.

It was a piece of cake a walk in the park..

A Nuke Banshee and a trinity... GAME OVER !!

"Oh no, our cheeseball team made the content trivial! Shame! Shame!"

(note to unspecified reader: you can replace "cheeseball" with "highly optimized" to calm down your inner 12-year old if it feels necessary)

Edited by Tachibana_Hibiki

4 hours ago, Tachibana_Hibiki said:

"Oh no, our cheeseball team made the content trivial! Shame! Shame!"

(note to unspecified reader: you can replace "cheeseball" with "highly optimized" to calm down your inner 12-year old if it feels necessary)

And then they get the energy reduction sortie and their cheese method doesn't work and come to whine it's too hard :clem:

13 minutes ago, kyori said:

So many (not new) players never played the Ambulas event previously? A bit surprised.

The entry for Ambulas is higher than the one for Rathuum, and the heavy unit spawns only on Corpus fissure deffences, hence the lack of experience.

For reference a level 100 Nox or Jugger can wreck your day (and team) a lot harder than the Ambulas unit.

1 hour ago, Lyrik111 said:

Hey ,mwolfamirgaulm 

I was the Oberon in the party with the Corrosive Boltor for the first two parts :facepalm:

That was an awesome bossfight and I am glad that we didn't cheessed it through  :cool:

Haha didn't expect to see you again. Yeah it was really fun, just cheesing it would have ruined it, and without your oberon we would definitely have died a lot more so was definitely a whole lot of fun partially thanks to you. How did your riven mission go by the way, you got one of the more difficult ones right?

7 hours ago, Marvelous_A said:

That could have been awesome..if it doesn't take 3242839752907853 beacons just to get into the fight. I truly feel bad for the new players who didn't pick Excalibur in prologue coz it'd gonna takes years for them to farm Excalibur from Ambula. I have returned to this game for 3 months but it's the first time I fight Ambula coz I just couldn't get enough beacons.

This beacon (and judgement points for Kela) thing is total BS and is nothing more than a nuisance for players.

Completely agree here.

The worst thing though is even when you're playing on Pluto the drop ship might not bring Ambulas when it shows up.
Seriously, I have sat through a 35 wave defense in a fissure mission and never once did the drop ship even drop an Ambulas meaning my team got zero beacons for that when we were hoping to get both beacons and prime parts.

There really needs to be a way to guarantee ambulas drops.
I mean with Kela at least when you do a Rathuum mission you are going to get points.  You don't need to be hoping to spawn into the right mission with the right enemies to get points needed to fight Kela.

4 minutes ago, mwolfamirgaulm said:

Haha didn't expect to see you again. Yeah it was really fun, just cheesing it would have ruined it, and without your oberon we would definitely have died a lot more so was definitely a whole lot of fun partially thanks to you. How did your riven mission go by the way, you got one of the more difficult ones right?

So fun :-) These bastards killed my Carrier Prime in the beginning, so I had to use an Ammo Pizza :crylaugh: 

Thanks, I like to use Oberon. Healing, CC and Armor removing with his 4+2 is a nice package.

I was lucky with the riven, I just have to find 12 medaillons without getting detected. But one had to do 10minutes survival without killing anyone xD