Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mag should be the next frame DE should look at

(PSN)TertulSee

Ugh, just because a very small minority in the forum wants to keep a frame broken for "reasons" doesn't mean DE doesn't see it's underused or that they care about someone feeling pro about having to spam subpar abilities just to have the same effect or worse than better designed frames, sorry to break it to you all, that's not something they consider when reworking abilities, some of the most underused frames just got their rework because they were indeed subpar. (Hydroid, while it has some niche uses with its Corroding Barrage and Pilfering augment arguably still is)

By the time you strip armor with Mag or "cc" with Volt you could have just killed it with a better frame ability or weapon and literally every cc ability in the game, even Zephyr-s Tornado is better than Volt-s electric stun that lasts like...two seconds and Oberon-s Reckoning-s armor strip and Frost-s Avalanche-s armor strip scales better than Mag-s Polarize, and almost any frame kills faster.

And no, a certain mod/build doesn't validate the existence of a frame either, Saryn can also cast an elemental damage type and unlike Volt its other abilities are useful too, Speed spam is just annoying for the rest of the team in matchmaking and both Frost and Limbo has better damage ignoring abilities than Electric Shield, in the end Volt brings nothing useful to the table, the only meta use i seen Volt being used was Speed+Meme Atterax spam cancer and it was both annoying and just dumb macro afk. gameplay.

Ash is also in a similar state, while its passive is useful somewhat its Shurikens are okay with the augment its invis has a subpar duration, Teleport is great with an augment and Bladestorm is just a waste of energy and should just be reworked into an exalted ability with stats that make sense if DE just wants to go the lazy way in balancing, Ash is niche and is used for its passive-s added killing potential and for Fatal Teleport with CL daggers to instakill the occasional minibosses and that's it.

The thing is, in a game environment such as Warframe-s horde shooter meta themed missions the best cc and damage always works best and the least time required to make an ability take effect, the faster you can complete a mission with it, the more consistent an ability is the better it is.

4 hours ago, Feadship said:

That's like saying every skill of every frame is ideal for higher level runs, though I agree, crush is perhaps best used as CC when someone needs to be revived.

And that's the problem. The only thing it does is dealing a fixed amount of damage, which is not very high, and does a little CC for like 3-4 seconds until enemies get up. It also costs 100 energy per use. It's simply isn't worth using. 

9 minutes ago, Stoner74 said:

And that's the problem. The only thing it does is dealing a fixed amount of damage, which is not very high, and does a little CC for like 3-4 seconds until enemies get up. It also costs 100 energy per use. It's simply isn't worth using. 

I mean, if you have teammates who are coordinating with you and firing on the now-suspended and helpless enemies, there's that advantage.  I find Crush a great 'oh crap' button if I need enemies to just stop for a moment, long enough to blink, assess the situation, and either apply Magnetize, get to safety, or take enemies down.

Mag is my favorite, now that I understand how to play the frame.  DE nerfed her a while back and now she cannot "just keep hitting 2."  Which is what a lotta players still yell at me to do....  That was Old Mag.

I learned "how to play" Mag when I got lucky enough to fall into a Void Survival IV (before Relics) with three players who kept giving me tips and we made it to 1 hour easy. I had the most Kills and Damage Dealt thanks to them for training me rather than extracting or dissing me.  We only quit then because it was dinner time. 

Now, I have Greedy Pull and Fracturing Crush and an old Arcane Coil Helmet that extends reach out to 170.  CC is not a problem with those equipped.  Every Sortie I have run has been with Mag, although I take Endgame weapons on Sorties.

15 hours ago, (PS4)godlysparta said:

When? Two years ago? She’s been sitting at the bottom of the list for a while now as far as I can tell and I’ve literally never seen anyone come willingly in with Mag. Plus, this isn’t a rework. These are QoL changes. While Pull and Magnitize don’t really need buffs, I feel like they should be touched up a bit to fit the mechanics of the abilities. Magnitize is super buggy and Pull can send enemy’s flying off the map. That should be fixed at least.

She still JUSt had her rework. She wont get touched anymore soon, other warframes need more love than her for a long time.

One of the beauties in warframe is that each frame grants a totally different gameplay. 

The best way to fail is to try to play with different frames in the same playstyle. Exploring each frame strenghts, weak points and all the weapon synergies might be what warframe has best to offer.

Mag has a lot of different builds even if you build around Magnetize. You can customize its duration and size to work like a quick nuke or a constant barrier.

I like to play Mag placing magnetize is strategic points and using it as a damage dealer and safe zone. Also it works better in open spaces so you can see the hole room and know where to place your bubbles. Always be behind the bubbles, mag is not designed to soak damage. 

17 hours ago, MagPrime said:

Since I'm a Mag main

You... you can't be... I could never possibly have figured that out... XD

17 hours ago, (PS4)godlysparta said:

When? Two years ago?

January 2016, actually, considering some frames have been waiting for a rework since 2014 (and that those frames may be coming out as the next Primes), there are genuinely more important things to be getting on with.

Mag is where DE wants her to be right now, and other frames that have not been reworked at all, ever, need attention.

17 hours ago, Stoner74 said:

Im sorry what?

Polarize is her best ability by far. Miles away from being useless. Although I do agree on your suggestions. Crush is nearly useless at anything higher than LVL 50-60. It needs... "something". Pull is a great CC, magnetize is great paired with the augment and polarize is OP against shield/armor. 

Polarize is absolutely useless past level 40. And trust me, as a Mag main, that is fact. Polarize does not scale in any way. Magnetize is her best ability. You must've not played Mag since 2015.

7 minutes ago, (PS4)ArtPrince17 said:

Polarize is absolutely useless past level 40. And trust me, as a Mag main, that is fact. Polarize does not scale in any way. Magnetize is her best ability. You must've not played Mag since 2015.

Erm.  I do pretty well against 40+ Grineer with Polarize.  And apparently since I'm a Mag Main (I know, I know) that's "fact"

As a Mag main, I see your points. Magnetize has a weaker pull than the Simulor now, Polarize is downright useless past level 40, and Crush is extremely situational and has absolutely no scaling. Add that all up with the fact that Magnetic damage is the weakest damage type and you have a bad meal. Polarize needs to be similar to Corrosive Projection, remove a percentage of armor and shields again while doing minimal damage to prevent room nuking, Magnetize needs to actually do it's job all of the time, and Crush needs to scale while Magnetic damage needs a quick change. If DE really thinks that Mag is in the best spot she can be in right now, they need to get back on her.

polarize could use Oberon reckoning treatement ( % scaling ) , pull is solid, magnetize is godlike but a stronger tether on the enemies wouldn't hurt, and crush really needs some more perks as well. that would be the cherry on top changes, nonetheless mag is a beast on her own, no more no less

Edited by arm4geddon-117

Just now, (PS4)ArtPrince17 said:

211% power strength and 7 Polarize casts to strip level 90 Corrupted Heavy Gunner armor. Had to go back for energy after 4 casts with 300 energy.

Let me guess, you went into the Simulacrum and only had the Gunner spawn.

It's a great tool but in no way helps you gauge the viability of a Warframe in an actual mission. You don't get the grouping in the Sim. that you do in missions, so you're missing out on the bonus damage done by the shards of armor.

25 minutes ago, MagPrime said:

It's a great tool but in no way helps you gauge the viability of a Warframe in an actual mission. You don't get the grouping in the Sim. that you do in missions, so you're missing out on the bonus damage done by the shards of armor.

And that is one of the two ways Polarize helps. It can still struggle in actual missions.

15 minutes ago, MagPrime said:

To Kill a single Heavy Gunner is enough to warrant a buff. The problem is that she can only kill enemies one at a time. Her Magnitize pull can barely keep anything inside the bubble. Her Polarize can’t even strip armor at level 60 Efficiently. Her Pull is only mediocre compared to the other first abilities we have in game. Ash can kill one at a time but he does it really fast. Mag kills one enemy really slowly even with a low duration build. If she could have multiple bubbles, it might be worth considering her. Enemies aren’t very oftentimes condensed into a single room. Mag isn’t very useful in the context of the game as a whole. A frame that needs Energy Pads constantly to do something isn’t realistic. I don’t know what type of content you guys are doing but I often run missions that are either Sorties or farming nodes. They are all high level content and I can barely survive 10 waves on Akkad or Hydron. There hasn’t been any problem with any frame except Zephyr (currently) and Mag. I do expect Zephyr to get tweaks when her prime comes but I feel like Mag is more lacking than Chroma right now. 

15 minutes ago, (PS4)ArtPrince17 said:

211% power strength and 7 Polarize casts to strip level 90 Corrupted Heavy Gunner armor. Had to go back for energy after 4 casts with 300 energy.

Listen to this Mag Prime person, they have a point:

12 minutes ago, MagPrime said:

One of the most important things about radial abilities is that, regardless of how effective it is against a single unit, the fact that you're doing that same effect to every single unit in range means that the more enemies you catch with it, the more effect you're having.

A level 90 Heavy Gunner has 6000 and some odd numbers Armour. Your build for 211% power strength strips just around 1100 armour points a time, so by rights it should only take six casts, but that's Warframe for you... Armour scaling is a little broken... in any case, seven casts. Seven casts and whether there's just one Heavy Gunner or one thousand, that's all the armour stripped off them.

Do you know how much effective damage you dealt in those seven casts? A Heavy Gunner at level 90 has 30,558 Health with 6086 Armour which gives her 95.3% damage reduction, that means she has an effective health of 650,170 Health (over 20 times her actual health). You have dealt an Effective Damage of 619,312 to every level 90 Heavy Gunner in range with those seven casts. Now that is damn powerful.