Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

U22 file size?

Neptlude

There is no cinematic and cinematic thake a lot a space in updates. Here we have map+some mini quest that we have in the game so its in same program mechanic... So I'm thinking its going to bee 2gb max 2.5 and that because if we have something more in the game. For example secret and big caves with some game puzzles and things...

Edited by Vlada91

5 hours ago, Helch0rn said:

Inb4 DE snuk all the assets into the game with previous patches and we only have to load like 50mb

This and maybe extra 2-3GB of new warframe and weapon assets,  TennoGen stuffs, Mag deluxe bundle and last-minute Focus changes.

I think preloading assets is why dataminers got warned so they can't leak PoE stuffs and we can download less during update time

Edited by LogaMC1995

39 minutes ago, Arniox said:

2gb would be tiny. My bet is around 6 - 9gb. That would be an appropriate size. 

You'd be surprised just how small you can compress game files. Look up .kkrieger if you want an example of extreme compression. 3d graphics, multiple enemy types and weapons, procedurally-generated levels, and the whole thing is 96 kilobytes. That's so small, you could fit all of the game's data on a floppy disk. 10 times over. And still have room to spare.

10 minutes ago, Corvid said:

You'd be surprised just how small you can compress game files. Look up .kkrieger if you want an example of extreme compression. 3d graphics, multiple enemy types and weapons, procedurally-generated levels, and the whole thing is 96 kilobytes. That's so small, you could fit all of the game's data on a floppy disk. 10 times over. And still have room to spare.

such compression comes at price of needing VERY powerful computer, probably impossible for warframe since you would need proportionally more powerful computer

EDIT: also the more you compress the game the longer it loads

Edited by Culaio

6 minutes ago, Corvid said:

Yeah, but... Warframe already has a track record, I suppose maybe they've streamlined some things, but there's no real reason to expect it will be different from every other update, except being much bigger.

Edited by rapt0rman