Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Zenurik Energizing Dash

PsiWarp

22 minutes ago, Dante102 said:

If i'm not mistaken, the physical dmg boost will be more than 3 times weaker than we have right now.

:(

possibly worse, since there nothing to indicate that it'll let you add new damage types to a weapon, unlike the current ones. but we'll have to see i guess

2 hours ago, fatpig84 said:

Honestly the budget Arcane energise is good enough imo.

I was just going to say that, haha.

Yeah, sure, popping in and out of your Warframe to use the Operator to get Energy or what have you will be a little irritating, but I don't see it as being much of a problem in all honesty. We have plenty of Energy options as it is, and now Operators are incredibly self-sustainable, so I don't see how having to pop in or out every 30 seconds is that big of a to-do.

I'm just not feeling the Madurai changes myself. So far, we've only seen the Operator and their base abilities against puny Grineer, nothing even decently leveled on the Star Map. I'm not expecting their powers alone to be super powerful, but when that's Madurai's whole focus, I would hope it has some % or Finisher-based damage in there so it's damage can infinitely scale and take out even higher level enemies in a decent amount of time.

8 hours ago, PrVonTuckIII said:

Just Zenurik. However, the Operators seem to be a lot better now. They can actually kill stuff (perks upgrade your abilities to have different effects), and they can even slide now!

Operators was always able to kill “low level enemies” just the new abilities made it so they can kill slightly higher enemies. 

8 hours ago, Xriah said:

Disappointing is an understatement. There was nothing she did in operator form that she couldn't have done much better and much easier in a Warframe. As far as I could see, there's no compelling reason to use it.

The same compelling reason to use hundreds of different weapons when using one/the best(?) would do just fine? Different mechanics and playstyle for the same results means more fun for more people. Variety. Only difference now is operator being viable to use lol.

Edited by Kiwinille

7 hours ago, Arniox said:

Seems kinda stupid. And even if they made the operators super amazing and super powerful, I would still barely use them, except for energy because to me, they a stick on into the game. They're so tacky and unfinished even now that I would prefer to just be my warframe

No its more like the comunity are completly divided on what they want, and no matter what the DEVs do, there will be complains.

Just look at those who complaining about the insanity of 20 e/s if, IF all squad members use Zenurik. 90% of the game will NOT be like that, 10% will be organized play, the rest is PUGS.

Or acting like they MUST use the power every 30s.

Its "damned if they do, damned if they dont".

so after seeing just madurai and zenurik I'm pretty sure everyone will now go for zenurik as their main school. At least before we had to choose between invulnerability and unlimited energy, now we are only having the unlimited energy to play around with. I really hope one of the other schools will be insane enough to come close to the current iteration of zenurik but I really doubt it.

10 hours ago, PsiWarp said:

Well yeah, DE loves the concept of the Operator. They're gonna make us use them one way or another, whether farming or getting buffs or specific fights. Stick to Trinity, Harrow, Energy Pizzas, Energy Siphon, Rage, etc, energy is abundant in this game.

For all that DE seem to love the core concept of the Operator, they appear to have a cheerful breed of contempt for the actual implementation of them. As I keep saying, their highest priority after the War within was removing the ability of Operators to perform Nartas. It's a year later and Operators still cannot scratch a Kubrow behind the ears. DE programmed the Mandachord and all of its associated systems, and they did this for one Warframe. They refuse to program a dialogue wheel for Operators. The voice pool for Operators has never been updated, and by now it is clear that DE have absolutely no interest or intention in that regard. People have spent two years offering feedback on how Operators are depicted and presented, but DE are having absolutely none of it.

4 hours ago, Kaotyke said:

No its more like the comunity are completly divided on what they want, and no matter what the DEVs do, there will be complains.

Just look at those who complaining about the insanity of 20 e/s if, IF all squad members use Zenurik. 90% of the game will NOT be like that, 10% will be organized play, the rest is PUGS.

Or acting like they MUST use the power every 30s.

Its "damned if they do, damned if they dont".

look, I really don't care about energy regen. I use it cause it's there, but I don't really care either way. I've played a lot in this game, way before zenurik even came out, so energy regen is not that big of a deal to me, it's more like, the operators themselves seem really tacky. They don't feel real or a proper part of the game in a sense, Almost like that one cringy part in a movie you just avoid in the re-watches.

14 hours ago, Newnight said:

Is this whole: in out thing for a passive that we already have on all schools or just zen?

All of them, that we've seen so far. Passives last the entire time, like Madurai's damage boosts and Vazarin's Affinity range, but the active things like Zenurik's energy bubble are ones you have to use Operator mode and Operator abilities in order to trigger.

7 hours ago, (Xbox One)Cash201293 said:

Operators was always able to kill “low level enemies” just the new abilities made it so they can kill slightly higher enemies. 

Its worth noting though that they didnt even have arcanes or amps equiped so the operators might not have been pushing out optimal damage... The amps and arcanes may allow the operator's damage to scale further.

1 hour ago, MxRose said:

Its worth noting though that they didnt even have arcanes or amps equiped so the operators might not have been pushing out optimal damage... The amps and arcanes may allow the operator's damage to scale further.

Add to that we know that Vazarin and Unairu give the Operator health and armour as passives, that you can 'Unbind' (as the new term is, we saw them on the temporary example on stream before we knew that you would have to pay to unbind them) meaning that you can get that passive health and armour all the time on Operators... I think it's possible that we could see Operators that can actually take a bit of damage as well as dealing it out.

10 hours ago, Kiwinille said:

The same compelling reason to use hundreds of different weapons when using one/the best(?) would do just fine? Different mechanics and playstyle for the same results means more fun for more people. Variety. Only difference now is operator being viable to use lol.

I'm all for non-optimal strategies, but they need to have some merit. This isn't like hek vs tigris. It's more like marelok vs lato. When you have something like Zenurik's energy regen, you're gimping yourself by picking Madurai, just like the old system.

They should strive to make this new system useful and complementary, rather than a completely inferior alternative. I will give you that we haven't tried it for ourselves yet, but the numbers being given during the stream were pitiful.

6 hours ago, MxRose said:

I’m confused. What exactly are amps? Weapons for operators or something?

3 hours ago, Xriah said:

I'm all for non-optimal strategies, but they need to have some merit. This isn't like hek vs tigris. It's more like marelok vs lato. When you have something like Zenurik's energy regen, you're gimping yourself by picking Madurai, just like the old system.

They should strive to make this new system useful and complementary, rather than a completely inferior alternative. I will give you that we haven't tried it for ourselves yet, but the numbers being given during the stream were pitiful.

You're only 'gimping' yourself if you can't see how to play without the crutch of permanent energy regen when solo. When you're a player that focuses instead on damage, especially when you have a tanky frame that doesn't need to cast abilities all the time, that boost to all your weapon damage is going to be amazing.

Same with things like Vazarin. In a squad Vazarin will always be useful, instant revives for when people go down, giving players invulnerability or healing without need of a Trinity/Oberon.

People have been playing without Zenurik this entire time. You can too, it's actually amazing when you stop and think about it.

16 minutes ago, (Xbox One)Cash201293 said:

I’m confused. What exactly are amps? Weapons for operators or something?

As far as we know, Amps are the wrist weapons that the Operators get from the Eidolon Hunter shop in Cetus. They change up how the Operator uses their energy for their different skills, so it means the Void Beam we use can be optimised for different methods of dealing damage, while the Schools now adjust how our Void Dash, Void Blast and Void Walk affect things.

3 hours ago, Thaylien said:

As far as we know, Amps are the wrist weapons that the Operators get from the Eidolon Hunter shop in Cetus. They change up how the Operator uses their energy for their different skills, so it means the Void Beam we use can be optimised for different methods of dealing damage, while the Schools now adjust how our Void Dash, Void Blast and Void Walk affect things.

Mmmmm. Very interesting. Can’t wait to see how that turns out

4 hours ago, Thaylien said:

You're only 'gimping' yourself if you can't see how to play without the crutch of permanent energy regen when solo. When you're a player that focuses instead on damage, especially when you have a tanky frame that doesn't need to cast abilities all the time, that boost to all your weapon damage is going to be amazing.

I played long before Zenurik was a thing. It's not a crutch. It's an amazing ability that opened up a wealth of builds to being more viable. It allows for more options, more playstyles, exactly what this new system like this should strive to do with all of it's schools. Vazarin is awesome too. My wife runs with it now, and it's invaluable. It enables her to save the team in various situations where we would have lost. 

But Madurai? Warframes and guns have NO trouble dishing out the pain in vast quantities. It's redundant. This extra little boost will be a blip. If Madurai wants to compete, it needs to have uses other than marginally increasing our already absurd levels of damage.

I think this is simply tedious. You now have to constantly switch forms just to keep the damn energy regen going. I don't feel like that's an improvement. I mean let's face it, nobody played Zenurik because it was the most powerful way to play the game, since you could replace that entire focus line by simply spamming consumables or having a Trinity on your team. People played Zenurik because it was fun to be able to use your abilities freely without doing those things. 

On 2017. 10. 06. at 2:21 AM, Demoonic said:

Still not as good as 4 energy per second for the ENTIRE mission. This is a nerf, no if ands or buts, the numbers may be higher but turning a passive into an active is a nerf.

Cant wait to pop into operator every 30 sec if im fighting the infested, sounds soo much fun right?

3 hours ago, Fallen_Echo said:

Cant wait to pop into operator every 30 sec if im fighting the infested, sounds soo much fun right?

See....   come on, man!

I'm an avid Zenurik user. I love the build diversity it opens up. I love not having moments where I need a power right now and don't have it.

...but realistically:

How often are you running around with a full energy pool?

Quite a bit I'm willing to bet.

In all but the smammiest, most horrendously inefficient builds would you need to cast every 30 seconds to keep energy up.

If you get zapped or drained, flip to your operator, do a quick dash and get the energy ball rolling again. You can even do this at the start of a match instead of having to wait 4-5 mins into a match.

You're also getting a greater benefit from energy orbs as well.

And now when you cast, you benefit your team as well.

I call that a fair compromise in bringing Zenurik more in line with what the other schools are offering, but still enabling us to keep the energy flowing when RNGesus isn't on our side.

If anything deserves your rage it should be Melee Channeling Efficiency...! How did that get in the tree?!

That residual is a slap in the face!