Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Skywing limitations and PoE

Fulgie

21 minutes ago, Fulgie said:

What are the exact limitations for skywings in PoE? Are you telling me that I can use my all Archwing abilities in there? can I just press 3 and watch grineer get bombarded or just press 4 and nuke an entire camp?

Basically anything from Archwing will work in the Plains. As far as I've seen, I don't think Archwing weapons are actually used in the Plains, since Arch-weapons are designed for space combat.

The Skywings are fully combat ready, and we are allowed to use them at any time. (I think there is a time limitation on them however, so you don't stay in SkyWing mode for too long. Not sure if that's a good or bad thing really.)

But yes, you can launch a barrage of missiles at Grineer on the ground with the Odonata, and you can nuke them with the Elytron if you want to as well. ;D
It's going to be super fun.

Edited by AEP8FlyBoy

5 minutes ago, AEP8FlyBoy said:

(I think there is a time limitation on them however, so you don't stay in SkyWing mode for too long. Not sure if that's a good or bad thing really.)

As far as I know, there is no time limit. However, taking too much damage will eject you from it, forcing you back onto the ground.

Me and my clan mates were discussing this just yesterday, specifically Elytron's Warhead and Thumper, Considering Thumper with maxed ability range can get to 288 meters and Warhead can get up to 384 meters. while Archwing abilities might not hit like a truck, it still can cover a pretty massive area, specially for abilities like cosmic crush that can get up to 224 meters with mods like Cold snap it can potentially break PoE.

2 hours ago, Fulgie said:

What are the exact limitations for skywings in PoE? Are you telling me that I can use my all Archwing abilities in there? can I just press 3 and watch grineer get bombarded or just press 4 and nuke an entire camp?

Well your Arch Wing is vary frail from the previews I've seen. Grineer and or their ships can shoot you out of the sky vary easily.

Far as I can tell from what was shown in multiple streams:

-There's no time limit for Skywing, but it`s quite fragile. Although I'm sure a maxed out Elytron *evil laugh intensifies* can stay up there for a while.

-You can use all your Wing abilities like usual, but no Arch weapons because they're too heavy. Instead you'll be using your normal weapons. (Elytron + Lenz...oh boy)

-Controls have been reworked a bit for use in the Plains to make using it easier.

-Altitude limit is fairly high.

And before anyone else starts complaining "but that will be overpowered", no, even a maxed out Elytron can't really one-hit kill anything above level 40. The Wings can cause damage in a large area, but don't hit like a truck. Although I am curious how Elytron's 3 will look like in PoE. Fire it at the Eidolons and watch it burn?

6 hours ago, -N7-Leonhart said:

I don't see why not. After all, the Archwing powers are not that strong, even against the normal level enemies. Ahh, but I can definitely see all the threads with "Buff the Archwing mods".

Um... Have you seen Amesha? It is the unholy lovechild of Trinity, Mag, Equinox and some invulnerability on the side. 

4 minutes ago, DrBorris said:

Um... Have you seen Amesha? It is the unholy lovechild of Trinity, Mag, Equinox and some invulnerability on the side. 

The invulnerability and heal are kinda moot, since you will have very limited time use for the Archwing anyway. They will not allow us to cheese the stuff from air forever. Mainly, it will be a fast travel device.

7 hours ago, Fulgie said:

You, sir, should be immortalized. 

You have officially coined the term that will now be used by the entire community to describe archwing in PoE: SKYWING. 

With that being said, we will be able to use all archwing powers while in skywing mode, but we will not be able to employ archwing weapons. Instead, we will use our own regular weapons. I don't know how melee in skywing will work though, or if we will be limited to using only our primary weapons in skywing. 

2 minutes ago, UmbraCorporation said:

You have officially coined the term that will now be used by the entire community to describe archwing in PoE: SKYWING. 

With that being said, we will be able to use all archwing powers while in skywing mode, but we will not be able to employ archwing weapons. Instead, we will use our own regular weapons. I don't know how melee in skywing will work though, or if we will be limited to using only our primary weapons in skywing. 

i think at one point they said that using melee disengaged archwing, kinda makes sense since you have to get really close to use most of them anyways

8 hours ago, Fulgie said:

From what I can see almost any damage will drop you from the skywing...

On 9/26/2017 at 8:32 PM, Cyndocrit said:

The first thing that came to mind was skywing. We're going to be soaring the skies on Earth.

1 hour ago, UmbraCorporation said:

He didn't coin it.

5 hours ago, DrBorris said:

Correction, it is the fusion of Old Trinity, Nezha, Mag, Equinox (or Nova), and Rage-on-Crack.

There's an interesting thought....high altitude bow shots. If directly over a target will the arrow 'fall off', or simply go in a straight line down (with slight deviation for wind etc). Lenz from orbit, lol. (yeah, I know there's a ceiling. Just love the thought) Hell, a high fire explosive weapon will be like artillery.

So many possibilities....

Hikou Prime with blast, viral, and gas procs.....chemical carpet bombing...

Ummm...On topic..The limitations I know of are that there is a height ceiling, You can not use AW weapons, and, I believe, you need to craft charges to call your Skywing (sort of like air charges for your liset abilities). Also, obviously, you can not use your Warframe abilities while using Skywing. (which is sad, I'd personally rather use Warframe abilities than Archwing).

I remember DE mentioning possibility of archwing in PoE being somehow time limited, by "fuel" or something like that.

I am very disappointed about the fact that we cant use archwing  weapons in PoE, I mean there is barely any place where we can use thsoe weapons and PoE would be perfect place where we could use them, of course if they were too powerful, DE could somehow limit them, for example by making archwing guns need ammo(instead of having regenerating ammo) which could be more rare then normal ammo and there is no reason to nerf archwing melee, it isnt really strong then normal melee weapons.

7 minutes ago, DrBorris said:

Most of the Archwings are fine... Except Amesha. 

~384 meters on Elytron's Warhead is anything but fine.

"Oh look, a Grineer fortress. *5 seconds later* OUPS...I accidentally erased it with a press of a button, oh silly me"

5 minutes ago, Sebastianx said:

~384 meters on Elytron's Warhead is anything but fine.

"Oh look, a Grineer fortress. *5 seconds later* OUPS...I accidentally erased it with a press of a button, oh silly me"

The same can be said for Itzal's Cosmic Crush

"Here is a platoon of Grineers"

*One Cosmic crush later*

"Here is a ball of compacted metal"