Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mag Mains unite

(PSN)Chel-El

2 hours ago, MagPrime said:

Yeah, I'm weird.  Forma'ing things doesn't bug me.

OH MY GOODNESS I CAN RUN FRACTURING CRUSH FULL TIME!

Thank you for that!

I am legit excited about this right now.

LOL, I thought you already knew about this.  I keep mine equipped at all times.  :D

4 hours ago, Bellesk said:

Im a rhino main primarily. But i loved mag's kit when I got her. But am poor so cant afford the cewl tennogen, and wasnt a big fan of her default look. Thinkin ill prolly play her a ton more after delux is released

You and I are on the same frequency lol
Rhino main, but in love with mag and how she plays.

I run with a range and strength build with a tickle of efficiency and good duration. I don't run with shields because I noticed that eventually, the enemies will one shot me anyways, and toxic enemies ignore my shields, thus shields are useless (until shield gating is a thing) for the extreme levels I play. Instead, I run a bubble world build, where I either stay within the edge of a magnetize bubble, or I surround myself in bubbles. Zenurik helps with this lol. I run either a lanka for the killing potential against armored enemies, or when I'm playing against infested, I run a max deepz Boltor Prime/Supra Vandal to really pump up that dot till I can nuke everything in  my vicinity. I wonder just how many people know that about mag.

2 hours ago, (PS4)Crixus044 said:

You and I are on the same frequency lol
Rhino main, but in love with mag and how she plays.

I run with a range and strength build with a tickle of efficiency and good duration. I don't run with shields because I noticed that eventually, the enemies will one shot me anyways, and toxic enemies ignore my shields, thus shields are useless (until shield gating is a thing) for the extreme levels I play. Instead, I run a bubble world build, where I either stay within the edge of a magnetize bubble, or I surround myself in bubbles. Zenurik helps with this lol. I run either a lanka for the killing potential against armored enemies, or when I'm playing against infested, I run a max deepz Boltor Prime/Supra Vandal to really pump up that dot till I can nuke everything in  my vicinity. I wonder just how many people know that about mag.

Well TBH, Rhino>Banshee>Saryn   But once mag delux comes out, she'll prolly end up being rite after saryn

I dont even like saryns kit that much, shes just good looking. But I like mags kit, but to me, shes just butt ugly. The Delux skin from what iv seen though is gonna look amazing, so only problem with her will soon be fixed. For mag I run high STR and range, for pull/polarize. Tho tbh idk how half of her kit works in tandem with eachother, like how all these mag mains do. Im a more simple fellow. Tank tank or glass cannon man

Tho its cool how shes a bit of both from what iv seen

7 minutes ago, Bellesk said:

Well TBH, Rhino>Banshee>Saryn   But once mag delux comes out, she'll prolly end up being rite after saryn

I dont even like saryns kit that much, shes just good looking. But I like mags kit, but to me, shes just butt ugly. The Delux skin from what iv seen though is gonna look amazing, so only problem with her will soon be fixed. For mag I run high STR and range, for pull/polarize. Tho tbh idk how half of her kit works in tandem with eachother, like how all these mag mains do. Im a more simple fellow. Tank tank or glass cannon man

Tho its cool how shes a bit of both from what iv seen

My favorites are......well that's a touch one lol
Rhino for sure, then idk

7 hours ago, (PS4)Chel-El said:

but Orsodan from another topic suggested the 3,4,3 combo.

The initial polarize staggers them enough to create a safe space for crush and it's a more efficient primer 

Can you link to where Ordosan mentions the 3,4,3 combo? I started with Mag and have been playing her ever since, but I never seen polarize stagger enemies. They just take damage and continue shooting like nothing happened. Unless polarize acts differently on console, I don't see how polarize is supposed to create a safe space for crush.

For anyone using Fracturing Crush, the max armour reduction per cast is 80%. You only need 160% power strength the reach it, so having more is not really necessary if you just want to remove armour. Casting FC, then polarize will remove all armour from enemies up to level 100 or so. Only heavy units need two casts of FC before polarize to remove all the armour after level 100.

Here's two videos from Xelp that has a lot of details about Mag for anyone who interested.

Spoiler

https://forums.warframe.com/topic/850077-mag-should-be-the-next-frame-de-should-look-at/

Ordosan's replies will be on the last page

I don't like "this is how X should work topics" even in other games. I like tips sharing about actual in-game plays instead 

Thanks for correcting me about 3,4,3. Ordo uses it for armor stripping with the 4 augment.

The word "stagger" may be too strong but from my own observation, I have never died while pulling off the 3,4,3. The setup is solid. 

Edited by (PS4)Chel-El

21 minutes ago, MagPrime said:

Also.  Forma'd.  Not impressed with Brief Respite yet.  Granted, only half way, but...eh?

It's an alright mod. IMO. I rather have more rifle damage to buff magnetize.

6 minutes ago, MadHatHacker said:

Explain.

Magnetize absorbs all damage. From you, your squad and the enemies. And then blows up in a big AOE,  with enough range that can wipe the room.

Edited by (XB1)RDeschain82

I just started last month but recently I began to actually read up on stuff and try to learn all the ins-and-outs of this game. One thing I noticed was no one talking about Mag. Now most videos and such didn't mention many Warframes at all but that did make me wonder since Mag was the frame I chose to start off. I really like the power-set in the description so I chose Mag.

I was wondering if maybe that frame was a bad decision so it was funny to see this thread. Good to see I'm not the only one that enjoys the powers. I really love the first power, that pull effect. It has helped me soo many times. 

I have only built two other frames so far but I don't see myself replace Mag as my main frame right now.

3 minutes ago, QuatroLeo said:

I just started last month but recently I began to actually read up on stuff and try to learn all the ins-and-outs of this game. One thing I noticed was no one talking about Mag. Now most videos and such didn't mention many Warframes at all but that did make me wonder since Mag was the frame I chose to start off. I really like the power-set in the description so I chose Mag.

I was wondering if maybe that frame was a bad decision so it was funny to see this thread. Good to see I'm not the only one that enjoys the powers. I really love the first power, that pull effect. It has helped me soo many times. 

I have only built two other frames so far but I don't see myself replace Mag as my main frame right now.

Hey, welcome to Warframe and the Mag fan club!  ^.^

Please feel free to ask as many questions as you want and look over the builds posted here.

Over the last couple of days experimenting with builds and weapons both in the simulacrum and in mission.

Simulacrum testing used Level 80 Corrupted Lancers and level 100 Corrupted Heavy Gunners.

Mags build varied from 14% Duration and 299% Power to 150% duration with 200% power.

My observations are:

Shield polarize does not stagger or interrupt un-shielded enemies they will continue to shoot you.  

Power greater than 200% makes little difference at high levels and while I could go for a lower Power I would gain nothing for it as 200% is achievable @130% efficency.  Higher duration is mostly about longer hazard bubbles in chokepoints or keeping bullets away from you.

The only benefit of a very low duration build seems to be low energy cost and earlier explosion from the bubble but reduces the effectiveness of Shield Polarize to very close range.  The explosion isn't as effective as the absorbed damage is obviously limited, however for most of the starchart it would be viable except for limitless nodes.  It could prevent Magnetize from giving full CC protection while Crush was used.

Using Fracture was slightly inconsistent for armour reduction on groups of HG sometimes all would be affected sometimes not.  

Weapons testing for the Lvl 80 Lancers was just use anything they're dead.

Level 100  Heavy Gunners required more focused weapons and builds.

As reported previously Gas & Electric are most effective but only when coupled with lots of punchthrough.

Using my Tigris Prime out of the bubble kills one in a couple of shots but to a target in the bubble lost most of it effectiveness.

Lanka is ridiculously effective to a target in the bubble, Vectis Prime was almost useless.

AkStilleto Prime was next most effective.  Though I had to change my build a little.  Normally I use Corrosive and Blast for CC with this weapon against level 100.  While the effect is kinda three stooges slapstick as half a dozen HG keep falling on their asses in the bubble.  It does mean the bullets in the centre keep missing them.  So changing again to G/E and I was just able to slip Seeker in there for the punchthrough it became a fast killer.

I think this has been a long enough post, maybe says much of what you already know but if it's of any use to someone, sometime my job is done.

Edited by Sabreracer

15 hours ago, MadHatHacker said:

Explain.

I play max range mag, in a Mobile Defense you can very easily bubble all entrances to the area maintain one each entrance, the entire time firing in to each as enemies enter and you can absolutely dominate a Mobile Defense Missions like this as I did there.

Enemy radar is also very helpful 4 mag, more so than some other frames it helps you more strategically place your bubbles. 

Kuva Fortress has lots of small hallways and natural choke points it makes it even easier for mag to close everything off.

Also as the other guy said once an enemy enters one of mags bubbles  all damage from all sources counts as mag damage since the game essentially counts you hitting the bubble then the bubble is redirecting and enhancing the damage to the enemy Inside the bubble and then to everything around it when it explodes.

That particular sortie when I did it, I got heckled for bringing mag because so many think she's useless, two of them in that Squad couldn't believe that mag could do that,  especially to Grineer since most think she's only useful for Corpus.

Edited by (PS4)Eluminary

18 minutes ago, (PS4)Eluminary said:

- snip-

That particular sortie when I did it, I got heckled for bringing mag because so many think she's useless, two of them in that Squad couldn't believe that mag could do that,  especially to Grineer since most think she's only useful for Corpus.

It's amazing how many people think she's still a Corpus only frame.

This seems to be a bit of a polerized topic

but I get the attraction, iv been playing her a lot more

I hope people will not be repelled by her new skin - i dont like the collor thing but I know it could pull some other people into palying her

lets hope we can crush some armor soon in open fields. 

Hmm I've ran into this argument in another Mag topic..,

So i may be corrected for thinking that 3,4,3 keeps her safe BUT I'm not giving up that easily BECAUSE I have yet to die while applying this specific sequence/strat.

So there has to be something there that's working but what and how? 

Could it be just psychological? That I feel safer with the initial 3, because I did get interrupted before and now I swear I don't. 

If wrong, then what is the optimal combo for crush? Both for base 4 and an augmented 4, (not all of us have access to its augment yet unless we search trade) 

thanks for the load out tips, fellow Tenno and Mag Mains 

remember this is a general Mag topic, not just player helping player, so feel free to post your any/other Mag musings 

Edited by (PS4)Chel-El

19 minutes ago, (PS4)Chel-El said:

Hmm I've ran into this argument in another Mag topic..,

So i may be corrected for thinking that 3,4,3 keeps her safe BUT I'm not giving up that easily BECAUSE I have yet to die while applying this specific sequence/strat.

So there has to be something there that's working but what and how? 

Could it be just psychological? That I feel safer with the initial 3, because I did get interrupted before and now I swear I don't. 

If wrong, then what is the optimal combo for crush? Both for base 4 and an augmented 4, (not all of us have access to it's augment yet unless trade) 

All I can say is, try different things. 4,3 combo is pretty straightforward with CC and shield restore/debuffs. 3,1 combo is a guaranteed enemies will touch the wave which you can follow up with 2 for some cover. 

2,4,3 is essentially make cover, knock em down, make them feel naked. Solid and useful. 

22 minutes ago, (PS4)Chel-El said:

If wrong, then what is the optimal combo for crush? Both for base 4 and an augmented 4, (not all of us have access to it's augment yet unless trade) 

Simple.  Do what works for you.  I tend to use Pull more and then lead into Crush.  But that's me and how I like to do it.  If you have a method that has been successful for you, then I don't see why you should move away from it.  Well unless you want to improve on it.  :D

Edited by DatDarkOne
correcting autocorrect