Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Give us the... Smooth Operator

Toran

May I present the solution to the ongoing and upcoming Operator dilemma:
The Smooth Operator
School: Penjaga

Lore:
The Smooth Operator feels absolutely fine in the confined space of his snuggly pod. He sees no need for his apparition on the battlefield and so he has found a way to channel his Operator voodoo powers directly through his current Warframe. The Smooth Operator specializes in Operating... from the Operation center... that's his pod. His second trait is amplifying the efficiency of the field Operators (the other Focus schools).

Abilities:
The Stun (passive):
Your Warframe's bullet jump stuns Kuva Guardians and other Operator-only affected enemies.

Infuse Weapons (1-5 levels, passive):
Your weapons deal up to 2.5% of their weapons damage against Operator-only affected enemies.

Neural Boost (1-5 levels, active):
For every active field Operator you increase the strength of field operator's by 2-10% for 5-25 seconds.

Relaxation (1-3 levels, active):
Your relaxed Operator style grants every active field Operator the gift of Smoothness, 1-3 health and power regeneration per active field Operator for 10-30 seconds.

Got some more ideas?

Edited by Toran

5 minutes ago, Toran said:

May I present the solution to the ongoing and upcoming Operator dilemma:
The Smooth Operator
School: Penjaga

Lore:
The Smooth Operator feels absolutely fine in the confined space of his snuggly pod. He sees no need for his apparition on the battlefield and so he has found a way to channel his Operator voodoo powers directly through his current Warframe. The Smooth Operator specializes in Operating... from the Operation center... that's his pod. His second trait is amplifying the efficiency of the field Operators (the other Focus schools).

Abilitiy Tree:

Pretty nice ability tree you have there

Maybe after the Smooth Operator, we can also have an Operator PowerSuit. Your operator put on or go inside a suit that has abilities and powers. The suit can take more damage and also heal over time. The suits have different themes such as elementals (fire, ice, electric, etc) and thematically (cowboy, golem, Egyptian mummy, etc). Maybe we can even power-up the each individual suit with enhancement like more health, shielding, etc. Of course, each suit has its own customization for Fashionframe sake. 

2 minutes ago, (PS4)A_SimpleName said:

Maybe after the Smooth Operator, we can also have an Operator PowerSuit. Your operator put on or go inside a suit that has abilities and powers. The suit can take more damage and also heal over time. The suits have different themes such as elementals (fire, ice, electric, etc) and thematically (cowboy, golem, Egyptian mummy, etc). Maybe we can even power-up the each individual suit with enhancement like more health, shielding, etc. Of course, each suit has its own customization for Fashionframe sake. 

I like this idea... maybe we could call it something better than PowerSuit... its almost like a suit you could go to war in so...Warsuit?  still sounds a little off though...

1 hour ago, PrVonTuckIII said:

When I read the title, I was assuming something very different. 

And if you don't like Operators, just say so. Nice try, though.

Actually, I'm not disliking the Operators - I just don't like em in gameplay. Quests, ok, lore, ok, being incorporations of an Aha-song, ok. In the field as awkward and clumsy new damage-type, no thanks, ma'am.

My idea is actually semi-serious (like the whole Focus 2.0/Operator affair), it would satisfy both camps: the guys who like Warframe and those who like a little bit extra.

Edited by Toran

7 minutes ago, Toran said:

In the field as awkward and clumsy new damage-type, no thanks, ma'am.

Well, yeah, that's the point of the new Focus. To make them useful in the field. Not to relegate them to a side-role again.

I've always found it amusing how people always get enraged when they're forced to do things in a game, yet they don't acknowledge that if given the choice, they wouldn't use that thing at all, meaning a waste of resources. Therefore, they have to force us to do it/give us incentive to use it, which is what the Focus rework is for.

I like the idea. I wouldn't mind if there also was a trait that allowed warframes to catch Kuva and disarm guards/eidolon weak spots. But the issue with a tree like this would mean that most players will use it and neglect the others (something like what was happening with the carrier vs other sentinels before vacuum became a mod), which would put all the effort DE is making with the other schools go to waste. Which brings us again to the already discussed topic about it they should have made that effort in the first place.

Edited by Antiphoton