Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sortie: Lua rescue just remove it

Chauvesouris

21 minutes ago, Chauvesouris said:

No skill nor cheese possible there, Even with the shortcut you have like time to open 3 of the 4 vaults Not fun at all. Entire luck based there

Hack faster.

I usually have around enough time to hack the panels twice before mission failure.

begin with rhino with duration on your R and something to kill the nullifier that watches the prison, opticor might be a good choice, while you get used to the whole thing and your hacking gets faster, the first time i understood how that rescue works, i had the time to hack 3 consoles and check each portal, all enemies and failed me tho, operator mush have been on the last one, now i understand you dont actually have to check the rooms, so hacking the four consoles its doable, just needs a little practice, also you can take a stealth kubrow (race slipping my mind) do not take shade, since his stealth is clunky as F*** and he dies on sorties from aoe damage most of the time.

I dont think it should be removed, but I dont like the fact we have had 3 days in a row with Lua Rescue. No one likes that mission type, and most people hate the Lua tileset to begin with. We've had literally one Void sortie, but we have 3 days in a row with different variations of the same Lua Rescue. It's redundant and unnecessary at that point.

You're having a hard time because everyone and their mother goes to the door and tries to hack it. When have you ever done that for any other sortie rescue?: 1. get in 2. run to the door with all the enemies guarding it. 3. Fail and restart whilest you pray it works this time.Stop doing that. Use the shortcut in just like you would with any other rescue mission. 

PS: the shortcut is opposite to the "vault like door" that you hack then wait like twenty seconds for it to open. its a little opening in the wall, kinda looks cracked open. Easy as hell, I did it on today's sortie no problem(even though my entire team didnt even get in to the vault yet).

These guys are all saying git gud because they all know this exists and use it every time. Try exploring a mission when its not a sortie before you ask to get it banned.

Edited by Linisti

On 10/22/2017 at 3:40 AM, Chauvesouris said:

No skill nor cheese possible there, Even with the shortcut you have like time to open 3 of the 4 vaults Not fun at all. Entire luck based there

"No skill" - are you describing you or the rng?
"Nor chesse"- there is an obvious cheese staring you right in the face, if you would only look for the shortcut just like there is in every other rescue

"Even with the shortcut you have like time to open 3 of the 4 vaults Not fun at all. Entire luck based there" - its skill based, you have time to open all 4 if you have the skill. Use a kiddie air craft charge to supplement bad skill then you're even more set then you would've already been in you would've played the game.

Weren't sorties introduced as a means to challenge longtime players?  Well OP, you are now being challenged.  In some of them , it tests your knowledge of the game and your reflexes.
If a particular sortie mission is giving you trouble, that is a sign that you still have more to learn in figuring out how to master it and what gear to bring with you.
They're not "broken" (that word gets thrown around too much lately), they're not cheap. They're all quite doable. Once you understand all this, you get to join the "Sorties-are-easy Club".

If you refuse to practice and master the mission type in normal mode first before trying its sortie version,
If you refuse to bring a practical frame that makes it easier but instead you bring "mah favorite frame",
If you refuse to bring air support charges for a mission that requires you to be good at hacking,
If you refuse to look up any sort of helpful assistance or read some guide,

......then you have no grounds to complain if it's too hard.  It's all on you and your lack of proper preparation.

So many condescending comments... It's simply a fact that this missions requires more time than any other resucue and it leaves more factors to RNG than the others. Occasionally I fail that mission too, although I know all possible entries, have air-support-charges and I'm not exactly slow with the hacking. And when I do it does not feel like I actually failed the mission, but RNG decided I should do it again. Maybe to simulate more content, I don't know. I don't think the mission needs to be removed, all it would take would be adding a few more seconds to the timer to compensate for the additional work this mission requires.

On 10/21/2017 at 2:01 PM, --NPB-Zebaz-- said:

Step 1: Equip the Liset landing craft
Step 2: build and equip some air support charges
Step 3: go in the mission, enter the prison and use one air suppor charge
Step 4: keep hacking consoles until you hear the operative's voice

:) 

You just made my day, never thought about that.

let's be honest already, that mission is pure crap, is not for veteran or for skill, but luck to get the right door fast.

what's the point of a multiplayer game... if you need to go solo for do a mission?

this is just wrong, and no you're not gud if you can do it fast... you lucky that everything go well and you need to do in solo, nothing great just bad.

You realize that if someone hacks another panel as you hack yours it negates one of them.... Just saying, I've run with a lot of groups where they didn't understand this. I don't consider myself particularly good at lua tiles, and my hacking could definitely use some practice... but with a group that understands, or solo I rarely fail this mission.

On 10/26/2017 at 12:23 AM, Linisti said:

You're having a hard time because everyone and their mother goes to the door and tries to hack it. When have you ever done that for any other sortie rescue?: 1. get in 2. run to the door with all the enemies guarding it. 3. Fail and restart whilest you pray it works this time.Stop doing that. Use the shortcut in just like you would with any other rescue mission. 

PS: the shortcut is opposite to the "vault like door" that you hack then wait like twenty seconds for it to open. its a little opening in the wall, kinda looks cracked open. Easy as hell, I did it on today's sortie no problem(even though my entire team didnt even get in to the vault yet).

These guys are all saying git gud because they all know this exists and use it every time. Try exploring a mission when its not a sortie before you ask to get it banned.

thanks for the info lol, ive been doing all these lua rescue missions as a nezha race against time (easy cause of CC aoe and CC immunity), thisll make them completely cake.

• 1 month later...
On 10/25/2017 at 9:05 PM, MrRagez said:

I dont think it should be removed, but I dont like the fact we have had 3 days in a row with Lua Rescue. No one likes that mission type, and most people hate the Lua tileset to begin with. We've had literally one Void sortie, but we have 3 days in a row with different variations of the same Lua Rescue. It's redundant and unnecessary at that point.

DE has a vested interest in making obtaining the rarer rewards as frustrating as they can get away with.

Why do you think Fissures keep showing up on Stephano?

As long as people either keep running these crap tiles, or buy the stuff with Plat, it will just get worse.