Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Should get a new Long Ranged Frame

Illuminat442

Ok so with the Release of P.O.E we should get a long range dps frame that is built around sniper Rifles. De you give us this map where snipers and long range weapons are awesome and Viable but we need a frame to compliment them.  A frame that is built around the the extream range with P.O.E since your giving us open world on other planets then this should be a thing. And for the well we have Ivara.  Ivara is a medium range frame at best nothing that bonuses for being at long ranges.

Edited by ShadowWolf442

Itd be nice to see something besides a "CC" Frame..........

Seems we either get "PRess 1 to win' frames like Ember, Equinox and other super damage skill frames,

or

"CC" Frames, with S#&$ damage out put, and they are supposed to do nothing but 'stun lock' stuff, like Rhino, Gara, Nova/Slova....

Its why Oberon Prime is fun.  HE has a decent amount of damage and can tank.....yeah...his skills are all useful in their own right.  We need more frames like Ob P.

Edited by KnightCole

On ‎10‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 10:13 AM, ShadowWolf442 said:

And for the well we have Ivara.  Ivara is a medium range frame at best nothing that bonuses for being at long ranges.

Uhhh, I hope that you know that Ivara has the longest (projectile) range out of all the frames.  Navigator(her 2) is the power that would give you that long range while also adding bonuses for the distance/time the projectile is traveling.  I would recommend trying it out with the Lanka and see how you like it.

So, what Harrow was meant to do or Mesa?

On 10/23/2017 at 12:58 AM, KnightCole said:

Itd be nice to see something besides a "CC" Frame..........

Seems we either get "PRess 1 to win' frames like Ember, Equinox and other super damage skill frames,

or

"CC" Frames, with S#&$ damage out put, and they are supposed to do nothing but 'stun lock' stuff, like Rhino, Gara, Nova/Slova....

Its why Oberon Prime is fun.  HE has a decent amount of damage and can tank.....yeah...his skills are all useful in their own right.  We need more frames like Ob P.

You do realise Gara has damage, CC and tankiness all in one, right? Same with Rhino, Nova just not having the tank part.

Yeah guys - let's make a overly specialized frame that will blow in any situation that is not PoE, because people are too lazy to bring weapons with long range.

On 10/24/2017 at 4:54 AM, DatDarkOne said:

Uhhh, I hope that you know that Ivara has the longest (projectile) range out of all the frames.  Navigator(her 2) is the power that would give you that long range while also adding bonuses for the distance/time the projectile is traveling.  I would recommend trying it out with the Lanka and see how you like it.

Dear Dark One - do not forget Ivara always needs reworks.

Edited by phoenix1992

9 minutes ago, DatDarkOne said:

What kind of reworks and why?

All of the reworks!
Because we say so!

She does not have enough CC, Range of the abilities, boring to play, does not bring enough for the team, does not provide deeps, does not have defensive value and so on, and so on (extremely sarcastic).

PS: The only stuff I actually want for Ivara - more augments and a deluxe skin. But I am really afraid of Deluxe skins those days.

Edited by phoenix1992

If we are in the weapons theme, then a short ranged melee oriented / monk like frame would be nice. The long range sniper is pretty much viable in the old tiles but not everywhere only in the larger rooms (later this can be extended) and it would be nice a weapon smith or rifle master frame if we already have a gunslinger frame. There is a lot of idea in this game still so if they want to add simple themes then these are and possible to do.

A lot of frames do complement sniping (volt shield, dmg buffs, stealth) - but none of the frames by itself has any long range viability without weapons.

Itzal would be nice with stealth but energy regen is as good as none while airborne and even zenurik does not help (need to dash all the time to start recovery).

6 hours ago, MopUpCrewman said:

So, what Harrow was meant to do or Mesa?

You do realise Gara has damage, CC and tankiness all in one, right? Same with Rhino, Nova just not having the tank part.

Her 1, yeah, its pretty deadly.  The rest....meh.....her abilities are weird...

7 hours ago, ShadowWolf442 said:

Well as i said considering that we are getting open world on all the planets we need a frame whose ability matches the distance and you know to the person asking about the astroid map this frame should have its abilites based on the distance of the shot.

Really, though, we need a revisit on all Frames to determine how new range and damage fall-off should work in open world.

In addition to your idea 😊.

Edited by (PS4)Silverback73