The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Infested Meteor and Operation: Plague Star

Outssiss

2 minutes ago, WhiteCr0w said:

This is my bet as well, as they've already shown Alpha footage of the Plains before release with him walking on it. Others said it was just for testing for the Eidolon, but I doubt it.

That'd be really underwhelming TBH. I'd rather it be something new and exciting like this:TkJB2S2.jpg

18 minutes ago, (PS4)reddragonhrcro said:

Well considering how "Meathead" was presented I guess it isn't finished yet so don't think it will be part of the operation.

I know it's not, I'm just saying if DE were to just slap lephantis into the plains it'd feel very half assed and underwhelming. 

This is getting a bit ridiculous... "Oh look a giant infested blob impacted near our village, let's do absolutely nothing about it for a week or two". My interest is starting to wane, the rewards don't sound very exciting and it better not be another (bugged) lephantis fight :(

Also De should have either released the teaser closer to the actual operation start, or implemented a way to keep the suspense up: new clues and/or activities to do in order to prepare for the operation, strange things happening nearby, new villagers lines, or the blob's shape evolving i dunno... SOMETHING.

Edited by Robolaser

2 hours ago, Robolaser said:

Also De should have either released the teaser closer to the actual operation start, or implemented a way to keep the suspense up: new clues and/or activities to do in order to prepare for the operation, strange things happening nearby, new villagers lines, or the blob's shape evolving i dunno... SOMETHING.

Definitely agree here.

I haven't been able to play much lately due to reasons, so I've been trying to coordinate good times to play, attempting to line it up with whatever this event is. I've spent the last few days checking and expecting it to launch, wasting windows of potential time to play. Ah well, it'll come when it comes I guess.

2 hours ago, Robolaser said:

This is getting a bit ridiculous... "Oh look a giant infested blob impacted near our village, let's do absolutely nothing about it for a week or two". My interest is starting to wane, the rewards don't sound very exciting and it better not be another (bugged) lephantis fight :(

Nah lets put the blob there to chill for a week or so,like anybody is watching....

Oh, a giant meteor of infested matter crashed right outside Cetus? Pfffft, who cares about that! It's not like the Infested have a history of spreading uncontrollably and assimilating all life around it, I'm sure absolutely nothing bad can come of it, let's just leave it there for a couple weeks until it REALLY starts spreading, maybe that'll at least give us something to do besides standing in front of lakes all day chucking spears at fish like cavemen! And if the plains are irreparably contaminated and the Ostron are now permanently threatened by another thing other than Grineers and Eidolons? Well that's what they get for scamming us with their bounty 'rewards' I guess~

Sorry for bringing a bit of a cancer here, but this whole situation reminds me of gamerpoop mass effect line:

Shep: let's f### 'em up!

Anderson: Goddammit, negative! There can be no retreat! No retreat!  No stepping back! No stepping forward and no defeating Reaper forces! Innocent people die!

Shep: and if they don't? 

Anderson: say again?! >:-C

Edited by Tachibana_Hibiki
Italic

7 hours ago, Madotsuki said:

And if the plains are irreparably contaminated and the Ostron are now permanently threatened by another thing other than Grineers and Eidolons? Well that's what they get for scamming us with their bounty 'rewards' I guess~

This sounds more tempting then it should.

Edited by rand0mname

On ‎11‎/‎8‎/‎2017 at 9:49 AM, Tachibana_Hibiki said:

"Oh... This looks fun! (:" - every Operator, as they watch Cetus civvies and grineer soldiers being absorbed alive by the swarming infestation.

#operatorquotes 

Operator quotes that are actually amusing? I might unmute mine if he had a dark sense of humor like that. 

8 minutes ago, Raesvelgr said:

Operator quotes that are actually amusing? I might unmute mine if he had a dark sense of humor like that. 

I would LOVE if our operators had unique dialogue, whether it was based on our alignment or what have you.

I'd want mine to be a sadistic f@#$.

5 hours ago, That_Spook said:

7 days after it was announced. Checked the forums to see if the devs have even bothered explaining the delay...

Not that surprised honestly

I’m starting to think they didn’t actually learn anything from war within. Seriously, whoever’s in charge of releasing hype trailers over there need to at the very least have a stern talking-to about actually coordinating with the programmers creating the content.

Welp decided to see if anything "new" got put up on the devs various twitters cause they don't really use these forums for the purposes of keeping their players informed on whats going on when and where.

And apparently according to Rebecca's twitter Plague Star is still in testing.....so yeah they didn't learn squat from TWW in the slightest.

This aint got anything to do with bug testing. It never did. You guys keep repeating that "they don't learn". But it's really you who still won't see it.

It's their marketing strategy. It has been like this since I can remember and it works wonders for them. Let the hype last enough so that everybody learns of it, and when everybody is aware of the upcoming update, drop it, don't do it when only the people currently playing the game know of it. Plains of Eidolon pretty much solidified it. This is what future events will be like. An iconic ingame hint to remind of it, followed by time gaps that rely on shear hype.

I dislike it. But if they can shell out content like the Plains... I'm entirely ok with it.

Edited by Duduminador

8 minutes ago, (PS4)basilisk69 said:

I wonder if the pink neck pimple will have any use for the event? the infested orbiter room is not used enough imo.

Either they will want to brutally slaughter us even more due to the presence of a foreign strain that must be stamped out or perhaps they'll be disinclined to attack close range due to the strange familiar aroma.

Given how they currently react towards our cute and cuddly malformed kubrow fetuses, I'm gonna lay down a few bucks on the first bit.

31 minutes ago, Fylas said:

you'd think after a bloody WEEK there'd be at least some time table...

*looks at the Infested door again and remembers how long it took to open

*checks on the PoE pimple

Oh. One of the nodes is pulsing, like something is moving in it. Was it doing it before?

Edit. Wait, all of it is pulsing.

Edited by rand0mname

23 minutes ago, Fylas said:

you'd think after a bloody WEEK there'd be at least some time table...

Maybe they pushed it back to next week so consoles can have it too? I honestly don't remember how events work and whether or not console gets it at the same time.