Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Chroma is too powerful!

K4RN4

You know what other frames can reach over a X7 damage multiplier just like Chroma? Mirage. You know what frame can give that same 700% damage increase to the whole team? Octavia. You know what frame can give a higher damage multiplier than all three of them to EVERYONE in the squad who can actually aim? Banshee.

If Chroma is gonna get his Vex armor nerfed than I expect to see nerfs for Amp, Sonar, and Eclipse.

Il y a 9 heures, (PS4)DBR87 a dit :

You know what other frames can reach over a X7 damage multiplier just like Chroma? Mirage. You know what frame can give that same 700% damage increase to the whole team? Octavia. You know what frame can give a higher damage multiplier than all three of them to EVERYONE in the squad who can actually aim? Banshee.

If Chroma is gonna get his Vex armor nerfed than I expect to see nerfs for Amp, Sonar, and Eclipse.

Shhh don't give the precious knowledge to this people :p

21 hours ago, (PS4)DBR87 said:

Its basically Nidus all over again, people are bandwagoning on for another nerf while completely ignoring any else.

Theyre going to adjust Chroma DE said as much but if they nerf his damage i hope to god they actually take time and care to make his other 3 abilities useful and gives him something to give to the team.

A straight nerf to his damage renders him pointless to play because damage is all he can currently bring.

On 11/12/2017 at 7:10 PM, (PS4)DBR87 said:

15 hours ago, Soketsu said:

Shhh don't give the precious knowledge to this people :p

You, uh, you realize any Chroma in the ballpark of 200% power strength isn't getting a 7x damage multiplier unless you're running solely IPS or a mono-element weapon (Fire/Ice/Electric/Cold-only), right? Like, 7x would be perfectly fine. Big damage multiplier and high durability with a couple of catches wouldn't even cause Chroma to blip for anything other than needing his other abilities buffed. The actual multiplier for most decently built weapons is a bit higher than that.

Out of the the above list, Banshee is the only one that comes close and that is entirely dependent on overlapping weakspots, either via repeated castings of Sonar or via its Resonance augment. Further, the position of those weakspots is entirely bound to RNG and are not applicable to every enemy in the game.

Chroma doesnt need a nerf, just a few things refactored. 1st is useless. 2nd that supposed to enhance allies require hugging Chroma to get the buff. 4th use too much energy. Fire, toxic, electric are weaker compared to ice. Vex armor is fine, you need to put a lot of work to get his buff at proper level.

42 minutes ago, Windy_Wind said:

a post that ask for chroma nerf? WTH is this? People for years have been asking to BUFF him because he is so boring and most of his abilities are useless

People asked for changes, because bis abilities are boring, not weak.

Most of his abilities are useless? One is useless and one only has a niche use, while the other two are really good.

Before plains i never saw anyone even voice a complaint to Chromas damage output. After they saw what he could do to Eidolons suddenly he needs a nerf. Most people who are melting Eidolons also have insane Rivens. But is Chroma the only one that can reach those damage numbers no. Mirage, Octavia and Banshee can reach them but two of them can grant those to the entire squad. Should they also be nerfed? To reach those damage numbers you have to invest in the mods to do so. 

Unless you want to invest some plat/time to get those mods and rivens then you're not going to reach the insane damage output he has. 

Le 14/11/2017 à 06:13, TheGrimCorsair a dit :

You, uh, you realize any Chroma in the ballpark of 200% power strength isn't getting a 7x damage multiplier unless you're running solely IPS or a mono-element weapon (Fire/Ice/Electric/Cold-only), right? Like, 7x would be perfectly fine. Big damage multiplier and high durability with a couple of catches wouldn't even cause Chroma to blip for anything other than needing his other abilities buffed. The actual multiplier for most decently built weapons is a bit higher than that.

Out of the the above list, Banshee is the only one that comes close and that is entirely dependent on overlapping weakspots, either via repeated castings of Sonar or via its Resonance augment. Further, the position of those weakspots is entirely bound to RNG and are not applicable to every enemy in the game.

what was the point of that explanation ? Explain why should I stay to only 200 % when I can go over 300% with the right loadout and team for example ?

I hope so for banshee, a team whith a good aim will have a DPS overwhelming superior to a 4 squad chroma, and if it hasn't the location recquirment, banshee would be a must have for almost any team, like nova.

I only say with sarcasm it was quite pointless to argue at this point, you want to nerf this warframe now that some people come to realize his power... I mean he s here since 2015 it's only now that people realize what he can do and now people ask for another pointless nerf.

Edited by Soketsu

Am 2.11.2017 um 20:53 schrieb Oru5732:

Chromas damage buff is just too insane. He can reach a x7 multiplier without a problem, which is crazy compared to other buff abilities. This plus his unmatched survivability (ok, Inaros and Nidus are quite tanky too) just make him the one best frame against Eidola. Although I generally dislike calling for a nerf, I think the damage buff should be toned down a bit. 

Sidenote:

I don't know if this is still a thing and I don't think it's intended, but as it could be relevant I thought I should add it.

the calculation of raddit is false, im was playing some fissures with a buddy who played nidus we got both corrupted and i never reached a dmg multiplicator above 1700% dmg buff. Ok im playing my chroma with 200% strengh but by the multipier of corruption i get 400% strengh + the buff of about 184% nidus link i got near the 1700dmg buff mark but not more.

Indeed chroma´s dmg and armor buffs are incredibel strong, but there is nothing he can do better than others such as Vauban for cc, Frost for defs, even ember as dd. Only he now got a chance to show how awesome he is by killing the teralyst doesn´t mean he deserves a nerf.

On 11/5/2017 at 8:17 PM, CuChulainnWD said:

People are calling for a Chroma nerf? Really? I am surprised no on has gone for the Octavia Nidus latch combo. You want to see insane weapons damage multipliers? 

I ran some early tests when she was released. Using growing power we were seeing 1600% plus multipliers. I suspect with 4 growing powers 1800% or more might not be out of the question. Factor in Equinoxes buff.... Someone go try it and tell me how it works out.

Chroma is not the only bad boy buff in town. He just happens to be popular. Let him shine and let him be.

+1 Glad to see someone post about Octavia (with or without other Warframe buffs)

Was just going to say Octavia almost matches Chroma by herself without needing a Self-harm weapon (Solo - 658% in-game AMP buff)

When comparing Amp + Opera Multi-shot Gun damage is on Par with Self-harm Chroma

Melee? AMP+ Metronome Forte (melee damage)and Nocturne(Invisibility for Stealth Melee Multiplier), Octavia beats Chroma for Melee

Granted Octavia can buff whole party, but yeah Octavia just turns dial to 11

I guess people forget other frames and get blinded by Flavor of the month.

Ivara Navigator gets high multiplier, but drains energy way too quickly to get to crazy damage levels.

If Banshee Sonar would highlight Eidolon vulnerable spot for easy stacking like Osprey or Juggernaut - She would make it an easy 1-shot damage cap. Because each overlapping cast is exponential (Ex. 5 casts at base 100% Powerstrength is 5^5 = 3,125 multiplier) 

On 11/2/2017 at 2:38 PM, krc473 said:

Chroma requires you to do a quest, junction quests, and build the separate frame parts. Chroma needs to have 6 parts built to complete him.

My Chroma is perfectly fine with a single forma. I was able to forma him to 1 hit Eidolon limbs with just a single forma. I do not know why sticking one forma in Chroma is hard.

I was actually going to say I think you meant 7 parts.

Volt Head, Frost Chassis, Ember Head, Saryn Systems and then 3 Chroma parts 

Quest, Junctions, and mandatory Clan Research

+1, not quite new player friendly.

3 minutes ago, (PS4)MrNishi said:

I was actually going to say I think you meant 7 parts

Turns out, this is correct. It has been a long time since I built a Chroma :clem:

So, Chroma is just not a frame for a new player to farm (buy maybe?)

4 minutes ago, (PS4)MrNishi said:

I guess people forget other frames and get blinded by Flavor of the month

If we don't talk about them, DE wont see and nerf them...

Given that this thread is basically another "Nerf Chroma" one.

On 2017. 11. 05. at 8:18 PM, (PS4)CoolD2108 said:

@Djego27

Edit: nvm actually...Accelerant ONLY affects fire. Meaning that you could still combine elements but will only recieve the extra status. 

Ignis wraight could probably still be set to do fire, corrosive and blast but the buff is ignorable in comparance.

That still results in around 5-8 status types (fire, blast x2, corrosive, slash, any combination or fire on your melee, optinally impact and pierce), meaning 10-48x multiplier to your melee's base damage with condition overload (x2-3,6 with maiming/crit/rivens, x 4,25 with the buff if you use fire) what's a lot and fully affects status (inc slash and fire) but it's not as effective as i've anticipated. Still a pretty much unrivaled setup between pinpoint, aoe damage and Cc on her part, what rivals Chroma with ease and is able to heal her for 66-88 damage per slide/per hit enemy. That on top of the afk AOE damage, top notch Cc and armor reduce as fixed part of her kit and further scaling off any other common or not so common status types (like viral or frame specific status like rad-oberon, loki, magnetic-mag, ice-frost and many more)

Chroma COULD run something similar but he's a little too relyant on incomming damage/self harm and healing to utilice it propperly, where ember gets the full extend of her possibilitys with ease.

Actually go around and use what's avaiable to her and she's quite the beast herself. The only real difference to chroma is the survivalbily, which she easily compensates trough her Cc.

One of the most insane build i have seen is the accelerant ember combines with the lenz/opticor. Their innate high damage means they can easily deal 4K fire damage what then gets combined with the max strenght accelerant to get increased by 900%. That pretty much nukes everything with a normal shot.

3 hours ago, YottaHertz said:

Chroma is strong with 5/6 forma, some arcanes, a weapon with god/good rivens, but BURN energy .

Too powerfull?... Nahhh : Too expensive!

There is no "too expensive" for some veterans. Forma is dirt cheap.

Arcanes can be problematic and expensive to some players, but if you know how to run LoR, Arcane Grace shouldn't be a huge problem (although it will take quite a while to obtain a full set).

You can oneshot an Eidolon with a regular Tigris Prime, no riven needed.

Energy will probably be one of the biggest problems, but Zenurik Focus School, Rage and/or Energy Restores, can help out with that.

Edited by Oru5732
Adding paragraphs

vor 20 Stunden schrieb Fallen_Echo:

One of the most insane build i have seen is the accelerant ember combines with the lenz/opticor. Their innate high damage means they can easily deal 4K fire damage what then gets combined with the max strenght accelerant to get increased by 900%. That pretty much nukes everything with a normal shot.

And i mean that's not even all that is to her. I'm literally playing her as energy tank imo, similar to how i play my volt prime and let me tell you, it's frickin awesome.

That boost not only affects ranged but also melee weapons, what includes the zenistar(!), difference to volt is only that her abilitys do the same thing he can do (active stunlocks) as definite aoe, auto (wof) and active (fireball, fire blast) with accelerant as casting speed and damage boost. -something like that throws you damage and Cc on mass that's beein concentrated on to where enemys would hit.

She may be frail on max range/lazing builds but she's definitly up to some challenge on the correct build.

Edited by (PS4)CoolD2108