The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Devstream #100 Overview

AM-Bunny

Can't say I'm too happy with the login reward revamp. New players will be able to get the rewards they want earlier, but what about those of us who have logged in for 2+ years? New players always felt they deserved "compensation" because they couldn't get something someone who played for two years had, but I honestly feel like those of use who've played for this long deserve compensation since now players can get what took us so long to get earlier.

That aside, I'm very happy to see DE will finally be giving us rewards for each tier of the bounties (no more insulting 2x Cetus Wisps for wasting twenty minutes in a T5 Bounty), and just about everything else looked good, but I have to say I'm very worried about Operation Plague Star due to the Infested Zaw Components. For example:

• What'll we have to do to get those parts?
    • Are their tier rewards to reach?
    • Will they drop from a new boss?
      • If they do, will it be a random drop each time, or a guaranteed part gained after killing the boss a certain number of times?
      • Will it be something that can be done solo? Will we have to team up to take it down?
  • How will those parts compare to what we already have?
    • Zaws already take quite a bit of time and resources to max, so will these new parts invalidate what we've already made?
    • Will the new parts have their own stats, or will they just be Infested reskins of existing parts (like that obvious Infested Rapier strike)?
  • What'll happen to those parts when the Operation is over?
    • Will we be able to get them again?
    • Will they come with reusable blueprints?
    • Will this be another Ignus Wraith debacle where only the top clans can get the parts as research?
    • Will Hok have the parts added to his inventory for those of us who did the Operation?
      • If so, will we be able to trade those parts to those who didn't do the Operation so they can at least get the Mastery?

DE said they didn't like making one off events that players who join later can't experience, to which Rebecca immediately followed up with saying they're doing just that with Operation Plague Star, so I'm honestly very worried about how this will play out.

1 minute ago, Fukushu said:

Can't say I'm too happy with the login reward revamp. New players will be able to get the rewards they want earlier, but what about those of us who have logged in for 2+ years? New players always felt they deserved "compensation" because they couldn't get something someone who played for two years had, but I honestly feel like those of use who've played for this long deserve compensation since now players can get what took us so long to get earlier.

That aside, I'm very happy to see DE will finally be giving us rewards for each tier of the bounties (no more insulting 2x Cetus Wisps for wasting twenty minutes in a T5 Bounty), and just about everything else looked good, but I have to say I'm very worried about Operation Plague Star due to the Infested Zaw Components. For example:

• If they do, will it be a random drop each time, or a guaranteed part gained after killing the boss a certain number of times?
      • Will it be something that can be done solo? Will we have to team up to take it down?
    • Zaws already take quite a bit of time and resources to max, so will these new parts invalidate what we've already made?
    • Will the new parts have their own stats, or will they just be Infested reskins of existing parts (like that obvious Infested Rapier strike)?
    • Will this be another Ignus Wraith debacle where only the top clans can get the parts as research?
    • Will Hok have the parts added to his inventory for those of us who did the Operation?
      • If so, will we be able to trade those parts to those who didn't do the Operation so they can at least get the Mastery?

DE said they didn't like making one off events that players who join later can't experience, to which Rebecca immediately followed up with saying they're doing just that with Operation Plague Star, so I'm honestly very worried about how this will play out.

Gotta agree on the login reward thing..  this is a huge slap in the face to those of us who have logged in every day for the last 2 years.   I kinda feel all the exisitng rewards should have some hefty MR requirement locking them so some 100 day noob cant get a Zenith and just randomly blasting with it

9 minutes ago, Fukushu said:

Making items that could only be earnable for one time, one event period would be such a bungle that I can't imagine this more seasoned, new-player friendly DE ever making that disastrous of a mistake.

Hmmmm.

Login Rewards change:

Excellent. Possibly the single healthiest way in which they could have handled it. This is one of the best ideas that DE have come out with in ages. I love it.

Focus changes:

Concerned. Sounds encouraging, but also decidedly vague and wishy-washy. 'Experimenting', 'looking into', 'may be', 'probably'. Basically, it smacks of DE not realising what the actual problem is. So, let me lay that one out nice and clear: The problem is not the slow growth of Focus on the meta-scale. It is totally fine for it to take months to unlock a whole chunk of Focus. The problem is that actually hitting a reasonable amount of Focus point gain each day is a throbbing, tedious, pain in the arse. No-one comes anywhere close to gaining a decent amount of Focus by just playing the game. People gain Focus by hardcore farming it, or basically not at all. Fix that, and the daily cap is not a problem.

tl;dr, make it so that we can gain Focus by just playing the game like actual real people having fun, instead of efficiency farm bots.

New Warframe:

Yes! Yes! Just hook her right into my veins! Just, like, right in there! God damn yes! More! So good!

More Eidolons instead of more Raids:

That is fair, I think? The Teralyst is great, I like the fight, it's really well designed. I really think it's my favourite boss fight in the game, it feels like an appropriate challenge for a team.

Nodachi/Double handed Nikana:

Yes. Gib. Pls.

Operation Plague Star:

Sure! I'm in! So's my clan!

More animations for Operators, selectable idle sets, melee animations, and pet scritching:

Goddamn yes finally! Yes! Good job DE!

Improved Bounty reward system:

Great! I really, really want to get that new Polearm Stance.

I'm giving this Devstream the prestigious Preparation H Ranking: On the whole, it feels good.

9 minutes ago, Jorak_Falconstar said:

Gotta agree on the login reward thing..  this is a huge slap in the face to those of us who have logged in every day for the last 2 years.   I kinda feel all the exisitng rewards should have some hefty MR requirement locking them so some 100 day noob cant get a Zenith and just randomly blasting with it

100 days could easily be mr20 for anyone doing some hardcore grinding, besides the login weapons are all heavily heavily outclassed by others, zenith has a niche use, but as an actual heavy sword it sucks compared to other options.

13 minutes ago, (PS4)Nathair- said:

59 minutes ago, AM-Bunny said:

• No new Raids are in development or even discussion -- there just isn't enough interest in them; hopefully new Eidolons will appeal to that audience

The literal "we don't care for the old content, but hope you would enjoy new shinies!"

54 minutes ago, Cook-EN- said:

Dang, that new warframe looks nice

HOLY SH:T YES. It looks omfg amazing. Absolutely Godly. I cannot wait to get her just based off her looks alone. 

57 minutes ago, KuroShiranui said:

Thanks Bunny! Still wondering why the next Warframe will be a female instead of male.

Why? Wut? There's no solid pattern to normal warframe releases

11 minutes ago, Arniox said:

HOLY SH:T YES. It looks omfg amazing. Absolutely Godly. I cannot wait to get her just based off her looks alone. 

Same bro. Little less thrilled, but interested indeed.

Edited by Teloch

8 minutes ago, Arniox said:

Um.. Yes there is? It's always been male-female-male-female since open beta. If you're talking about Wukong and Nezha it's because they're not on the main warframe pool of releases, because it's more to celebrating the release of Changyou Warframe.

8 minutes ago, Arniox said:

Um.. Yes there is? It's always been male-female-male-female since open beta. If you're talking about Wukong and Nezha it's because they're not on the main warframe pool of releases, because it's more to celebrating the release of Changyou Warframe.

Khora looks @(*()$ AMAZING. The infested ZAW parts... hell to the yes. Also, an Odachi? Gimme!

And the log-in reward change... All my yes. I really couldn't care less about the weird old melee weapon, but the new sword & shield looks amazing, and the rifle is great to use (although I hope there will be a deluxe skin with a rifle skin soon; that horn...).

Edited by ShikiRen

Just now, KuroShiranui said:

Has there been? I haven't really noticed all this time but idk. The nezah and wukong kinda broke that pattern in my mind. But if they don't count I guess that makes sense. 

But does it have to matter? Do we have to have a certain pattern to normal release patterns? The prime pattern should remain, but normal doesn't really... 

@AM-Bunny  Great work as always.  :D

1 hour ago, (PS4)Nathair- said:

@AM-Bunny It hurt my ears and now my eyes, can we at least classify the new melee weapon properly as an Odachi/Nodachi? :sadcry:

Agreed fellow Tenno.  You know that you're gonna get it regardless just like I am.  Mwuhahahahaha.  

Also that new frame looks really nice.  

b826a5b22bb0916b6abc5d3a4af832ae.png

I must have this.  

Edited by DatDarkOne

2 minutes ago, (PS4)Nathair- said:

@Arniox Excluding the two that were mentioned, and Prime releases, Kuro is mostly correct.  Banshee and Sayrn were released one after the other

Okay this is kinda fuzzy. Was it update 7 or 8?

@Arniox anyways, not that a big of a matter. Like I said, just wondering about it. If she is indeed released 1st, let us welcome randomness then. 

Ps: if this posted twice again, i'm sorry. Slow internet right now and im currently using phone. Quite tedious to edit; even this post takes a while to type.

Uh, is it just me or did the forums just turn to.... french or something? 

Anyway, I enjoy the new changes and features. Focus gain improvement always welcome... really bores me out to do same thing all over again and again. Most interested on that Khora warframe.. it sounds like it could be something for me xD

thanks as always Bunny!

seems a lot of people's concerns regarding logins, focus and other systems are being addressed, and we're getting Odachis! my inner weeb is very excited for what is to come. also glad to hear it's coming very soon to console, should be 1-2 weeks if it got sent off to cert today, my prediction of Mid-November release appears correct. the new frame sounds pretty good as well.

all in all, a great result! here's to another 100 Devstreams!

3 minutes ago, Domesticon said:

Okay, but obvious question, why are they breaking the male/female release cycle? If it's because of Wukong and Nezha I hardly think that's fair since they were just just forced in due to Chinaframe. (Even if I love my heelie wearing wheel boy.)

Never heard any new-warframe pattern, it only goes for primes which is male male female female male male. If there in fact ever was, then I´d guess DE does a small loop and bing the rotation into the same as primes. Kinda depends on what they think is best