Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Founders Exclusivity [solution/suggestion]

Fake_Tree

Hello all,

*NOTE*: This thread has been up for a few hours and people keep twisting my words. So I am moving this to the top.

I believe Excaliber Prime (In his original form) should NOT be released as a buyable/farmable frame I only want a frame that can use the same MR, just not be as noteable released to the public.

I have not really used this forum too much (so this idea may double up on others), though I would like to share my 2 cents on the Excaliber Prime problem topic.

I do not wish to affend any founders or anyone else, though I would like to see some sort of return that allows for people to not be EXP/MR capped by the fact they couldn't put money into the game back in 2012-2013.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

My suggestion:

1) Have it so there is a 20(what ever year) version of him. If anyone is familiar with Championship Riven from League of Legends they would know what I am talking about.

(Here is an image to give an idea)e9499442525ad27fdbdc82bea407f804.jpg

They also made it so the orginal skin has a particular feature that makes it stand out from the rest. This way founders can still stand out from others, but those others are not level/MR disadvantaged by the excusiveness of this warframe.

2) They say that people who own Excaliber Prime are those who are dedicated enough to warframe to have purchased the item in the first place back in the early days of the game. This will follow the same concept as idea to 1) except  the only way to aquire him is after playing a certain period of time (Maybe something like 1000 days). This way it still shows the dedication to the game, and allowing for others still reach the heighest possible MR with the inclusion of this item.

Other Similar suggestions

1) Make it so the Founders Excaliber Prime has more gold on the body.

2) Make the new version have a less impressive helmet.

3) (Though this would be bad for the game) Give worse stats/same as default Excaliber

Extra Information

If you don't like these ideas (because you are a founder), I can understand, though you have to think from our perspective as a players who re-founded this game in 2014-17 or play on XBOX or PS. As a completionist I fell in love with this game (Somewhat of an addiction really). I have put time, and money into the game, I own all the old frames, e.g. Ember Prime, old Frost Prime and also weapons like the scindo, reaper, and other primes like this, these are my forms of "excusive" items, and when they gave out Frost Prime free with Twitch Prime users I had a feeling of fustration, so I generally know why people do not what Excaliber Prime to become reobtainable. Therefor Excaliber Prime should remain exclusive I would still like to use Excaliber Prime 2017/18 which can use the same MR as the orignial, and eventually reach max MR.

Feel free to post you opinions and/or suggestions,

(If there is a similar idea/thread send proof and I will link to it)

Thanks for your time fellow Tenno.

Fake_Tree.

Edited by Fake_Tree

5 minutes ago, Fake_Tree said:

the Excaliber Prime problem.

There is no Problem...
It WAS exclusive, that was the deal...
And that's basically the end of it...
Sure I want him too... But I can't have him and I accept that fact, time for you to do that also.

Edited by Carnage2K4

No, as much as i would like to have Excalibur Prime, it shouldn't be obtanaible it any way, even if it's slightly different from the original.
It was an one time offer, expensive offer, and i'm glad DE won't release it again, it shows their respect to the Founders.

Plus if they make another version of Excalibur Prime, then what stops the Founders from getting that version too? The gap will still exist.
And you can't deny them the other version, cause that would be selfish.

Edited by Nakrast

I'd be okay with Excalibur Prime being available again if it would mean that he could get some updates. I know a lot of other Founders, especially those who spent more, probably won't agree though. 

Edited by JuicyPop

8 minutes ago, Fake_Tree said:

I would like to see some sort of return that allows for people to not be EXP/MR capped by the fact they couldn't put money into the game back in 2012-2013.

Less than 1% XP (and dropping) is not going to make a difference. DE's not going to let it prevent anyone from maxing out Mastery of any meaningful value whenever we eventually reach it.

2 minutes ago, Maicael said:

Less than 1% XP (and dropping) is not going to make a difference. DE's not going to let it prevent anyone from maxing out Mastery of any meaningful value whenever we eventually reach it.

Add to that the MR tests are usually kinda buggy when they get released, and the founders get the joy of running their heads into these bugs so they're fixed when the rest of us get to them.

Honestly, I don't care if I hit MR25 a week sooner or later. What kind of realistic difference will there be between MR24 and MR25? I almost never max out my syndicates in a day, or Cetus, and maxing Quills yesterday was only because I'd forgotten to turn in cores earlier. One more possible trade? Yeah, that'll certainly make a difference! The extra bit of mod capacity when doing formas? Nah, who cares.

17 minutes ago, Nakrast said:

No, as much as i would like to have Excalibur Prime, it shouldn't be obtanaible it any way, even if it's slightly different from the original.
It was an one time offer, expensive offer, and i'm glad DE won't release it again, it shows their respect to the Founders.

Plus if they make another version of Excalibur Prime, then what stops the Founders from getting that version too? The gap will still exist.
And you can't deny them the other version, cause that would be selfish.

You can at least try right?

Umbra is what you're looking for.  Hopefully DE has a bit of sense to realize they could utilize umbra to introduce "Founder's Exclusives" in another form.  Lato Umbra, Skana Umbra, Excalibur Umbra.  No better nor worse than their prime counterparts (and the Skana P and Excal P could be buffed a bit more significantly as a result.)  The Lato P being as powerful as it is with no direct subtitute is not a cool gesture.  No other secondary in game is quite like the Lato in feel.

P.S.  With regards to the MR gap, I'm sure DE has a little sticky note somewhere that will remind them to dump enough weapons/frames in game to get everyone to MR30, not just founders.

Edited by Littleman88

9 minutes ago, Littleman88 said:

Umbra is what you're looking for.  Hopefully DE has a bit of sense to realize they could utilize umbra to introduce "Founder's Exclusives" in another form.  Lato Umbra, Skana Umbra, Excalibur Umbra.  No better nor worse than their prime counterparts (and the Skana P and Excal P could be buffed a bit more significantly as a result.)  The Lato P being as powerful as it is with no direct subtitute is not a cool gesture.  No other secondary in game is quite like the Lato in feel.

I mean, they could even use the opportunity close the mastery gap by offering Founders the ability to "sacrifice" the Prime variant for an enhanced and distinct version of Umbra. 

The more I toss that around, I think I'd like to see that. Everyone gets access to the new "Prime"/Umbra and Founders get the acknowledgement for being there in the game's infancy. 

Edited by JuicyPop

I'm not a founder however I'm here to ask, Why the hell can't these few exclusive, special people, Not understand what the meaning of exclusive is? "If you don't like these ideas (because you are a founder)" Now, to address the arrogance of this sentence. You know there are other people (Most of this community) that accept what the word "Exclusive" means and how important that word is to others. I've seen multiple threads of this same topic repeating the same ideas over and over (Guess what, you just were added to the repeated Idea list!) and they all are given the same answer by People, Founders and None Founders (Mainly None Founders) saying that it should stay exclusive and have no issue with it. The only real things founders have to fear is if DE give into people like you making a ca-motion over nothing. Also you know we're getting Excalibur Umbra too right? Isn't that enough for you?

This video is also quite helpful for those who continue to make "Founder Exclusive" or "Excalibur Prime exclusive" Threads.

For your benefit I'd suggest you never discuss this sort of thing on forum. DE made it clear that founder pack will be exclusive in the future unless they decided otherwise so there isn't really room for discussion. And no personally please no more exclusive items in the future coz these things make only salty player and have no real benefit to the game. 

Edited by Marvelous_A

As others said - there is no problem.

Founder exclusive items are founder exclusive. Whatever your reasons might have been, you missed your chance to become a founder, you missed your chance to obtain founder exclusive items. 

Excalibur p. stat-wise is likely to return in Umbra skin. Until then you will have to deal with it.

21 minutes ago, Agent40Infinity said:

I'm not a founder however I'm here to ask, Why the hell can't these few exclusive, special people, Not understand what the meaning of exclusive is? "If you don't like these ideas (because you are a founder)" Now, to address the arrogance of this sentence. You know there are other people (Most of this community) that accept what the word "Exclusive" means and how important that word is to others. I've seen multiple threads of this same topic repeating the same ideas over and over (Guess what, you just were added to the repeated Idea list!) and they all are given the same answer by People, Founders and None Founders (Mainly None Founders) saying that it should stay exclusive and have no issue with it. The only real things founders have to fear is if DE give into people like you making a ca-motion over nothing. Also you know we're getting Excalibur Umbra too right? Isn't that enough for you?

This video is also quite helpful for those who continue to make "Founder Exclusive" or "Excalibur Prime exclusive" Threads.

Have to admit, that video had me second guessing my stance on making founder's pack items available again, but not because, "well I played at the time and paid an exorbitant amount of money for it" but because, "Seeing Excal P in a mission is like seeing a hero for DE."  Crusader's who stood their ground, drew their swords and shined their light in the darkest hour, to be dramatic.

Still, there should be substitute items for the founder items available to all.  At the end of the day, founder item appearance is what sets them apart, not so much their stats, though it would be nice if the stats were stellar.  However, I can't justify stellar stats behind something that's no longer available unless there's something of equal power and functionality (if not value due to availability) that the player base can acquire in their stead.

And I'm not talking something like the Vaykor Marelok or Broken War here, I'm talking a weapon that functions exactly like the Lato Prime, Skana Prime, and a warframe that functions exactly like the Excalibur Prime.

And we do have Excalibur Umbra incoming... I really do hope there is a Lato Umbra and Skana Umbra to come with it.

Edited by Littleman88

These are all valid and well written points: that it does not amount to much MR, Excaliber Umbra, and that there is no real problem, and such.

I was just a little upset about it, because I like this game and are willing to do a lot to experience the most of it.

23 minutes ago, Agent40Infinity said:

Now, to address the arrogance of this sentence. You know there are other people (Most of this community) that accept what the word "Exclusive" means and how important that word is to others.

In response to this I will say that I did not write that in the best way, and I will repeat what I wrote at the top that I did not mean to affend any founders and add in players, I was just offering a solution I thought kept the excusivity of the founders pack, but also allowed for others to keep collecting items.

Edited by Fake_Tree

Yeah... no. 

here's the thing, this game would have never existed without  us.

I don't know which episode it was but on a dev stream, they answered the question why they won't release it. When the game started out they literally didn't have enough money to pay their employees and the servers and steve was like yelling at people to get the cheapest S#&$ possible cause they literally cannot afford anything and the founders pack made them through this hard time and catapulted the game. and they will never release it in honor of it.

Hmm yeah. sure, they'll release it. 

In 2035. Because people will be banned until that year so I guess it's DE's estimation on how long the game will last. And it is probably they would just be like "Hey you remember that founders program we released like 2 decades ago? let's re-release them!"

Just get over it. It was a gift to the early backers who allowed Waframe to survive the rough few months of it's life... And they deserve it for risking money on a project that could have very well flopped.

The Profile pages and other similar pages don't list these items, so it's not like you are constantly reminded you don't have a full collection. The mastery point difference is mostly a non-issue 99% of the time, with the only exception being rare occurences where a new MR rank could end up being avaiable slightly earlyer for Founders since they have a small 12000 headstart on other players.We're getting umbra relatively soon , and he'll basically be a better looking excalibur prime.

And honestly, it's ok not to have everything in life. Did you have every action figure you ever wanted when you were a kid ? Did you purchase every single game you ever wanted ? Do you have all the cars on the planet ?

As a PS4 user, to us Excalibur Prime doesn't even exist.... He's a myth, something nobody could ever get...

Edited by (PS4)Stealth_Cobra

19 minutes ago, Littleman88 said:

And we do have Excalibur Umbra incoming... I really do hope there is a Lato Umbra and Skana Umbra to come with it.

I'm not sure about the umbra part anymore since it's been already 2 and a half years hearing exactly the same, and even tough we got a teaser in this year's tennocon, the sacrifice quest, which is supposedly featuring umbra, seems to be delayed to work on anything else, even on the smallest idea that pops up on the devs' heads.

10 minutes ago, ----Legacy---- said:

I'm not sure about the umbra part anymore since it's been already 2 and a half years hearing exactly the same, and even tough we got a teaser in this year's tennocon, the sacrifice quest, which is supposedly featuring umbra, seems to be delayed to work on anything else, even on the smallest idea that pops up on the devs' heads.

Gotta have to wait next year I guess. Hopefully around early 2018.

30 minutes ago, KuroShiranui said:

Gotta have to wait next year I guess. Hopefully around early 2018.

With the plethora lf delays it has already had I see it coming as a back up plan if the playerbase suddenly starts to drop too much, in the meantime we can keep getting new open landscapes, warframes, simple quests without cinematics, lore given by scanned fragments, and cat or fish statues, reworks, neat weaponry, probably even a new raid despite these not getting enough attention from the playerbase.

I'm just disappointed to know it's been "in the works" for already 2 and a half years and still far from being released, probably still with no progress on it's quest at all.