Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

“Finished” the game, now what?

(PSN)rolandassassin

10 minutes ago, Souldend78 said:

And thats about it. This game is not for you. Nothing wrong with that. You just happen to know what type of games you enjoy and saw that early.

Well i still enjoyed these 150h a lot! Never had more fun with F2P game. 

Also dont get triggered by finished, i wrote in in “” on purpose. Thats how i feel, but i know that unless you have everthing you are not completed.

I will lessen my time daily a bit and stop rushing to have everything and try to enjoy it more slowly. 

2 hours ago, (Xbox One)eibonMadness said:

You haven't finished the game until you have every frame, weapon, pet/sentinel, mod, and maxed out every focus school.

You forgot about have 10+ full arcane Energize sets.

Currently working on set 3.

Edited by Brorelia

I went through this period early on. Unfortunately i decided to soldier on and keep playing, now I'm hooked 3k hours later. After that lull period of "what do I do now" , something clicked and i got hooked. Now I have a huge neglected steam backlog because of this game. 

To me Warframe is a hobby, like tuning toy racecars or something. I mod, test it out, mod, test it out, try different loadouts. Play the same missions like you would race the same track. 

Every new mod, every new weapon, every new mission, every new enemy gives me more reasons to test out my equipment. 

Edited by Hypernaut1

3 hours ago, (PS4)rolandassassin said:

Hello, i have 150 hours in and iam Mastery 10. I finished all missions and quests, have almost every nonvaulted Prime and now what? 

How do these 300+ hours players still enjoy the game? 

Lately after “finishing” the game all i do are relics, sorties, upgrading, getting better gear, leveling syndicates, trading, well.. grinding.

I enjoy the gameplay but i feel at this point that iam just brainwashing myself and becoming “mmo player”

Fun is decreasing very quickly for me now. 

I look at all these missions, alerts, invasions, sorties but feel like there is nothing else do, its just fill. 

Any tips how to further enjoy this? Or this endgame is just not my cup of tea?

Thanks.

You cleared Warframe, uninstall it and move on (no sarcasm).

You don't have to let skinner box in Warframe condition you to like every redundancy and pointless grinding. The more you get stuffs in Warframe the more broken the game will be, you don't have to ruin your own experience by repetitiveness and justify it as fun because you've stacked too much sunk cost fallacy.

5 hours ago, (PS4)rolandassassin said:

I know, but whats the point? I finished solo dojo, atleast 1 of each room. 

Its just grind and for more then 1k+ hours. What is the reward? I know someone enjoy this and iam glad for them but its not for me i guess.

Man, either you like to grind in "looter" "mmo" type games or you don't. 

Why do you people act like finishing the game means getting all the weapons,frames etc everything maxed out? It doesn't. That's a collector's choice. 

I'd personally consider this game to end when you've done all ingame things possible,unlocking all nodes,doing every boss,every quest,every raid,then repeat when new content gets added. 

Just like on World of Warcraft(game that I come from),if you don't have every single achievement in the game doesn't mean that you have not 'finished' the game. You finish it when you kill the heroic/mythic boss of the latest raid and progressed through all the story questlines.

6 hours ago, (PS4)rolandassassin said:

Hello, i have 150 hours in and iam Mastery 10. I finished all missions and quests, have almost every nonvaulted Prime and now what? 

Lately after “finishing” the game all i do are relics, sorties, upgrading, getting better gear, leveling syndicates, trading, well.. grinding.

I enjoy the gameplay but i feel at this point that iam just brainwashing myself and becoming “mmo player”

I look at all these missions, alerts, invasions, sorties but feel like there is nothing else do, its just fill. 

Thanks.

i have over 3000 hours and did not finish the game and i am MR 24.

How did you finish the game in 150 hours?

Did you max all schools? syndicate? POE? and so on,,,,

At MR 10 you are still missing a lot of weapons such as syndicate weapons, tigris prime, ,,,etc

Do you gave all the frames? AW? pets? etc....

Do you have all the mods of the game (excluding rivens)

PS: to own everything from POE you maty need more than 1000 hours

so? how did you finish the game?

13 minutes ago, PhotriusPyrelus said:

<.<  Which means getting all the weapons, frames, etc, and maxing them out, and completely all the achievements.

No,if you quoted the whole part you'd understand.

You can finish this game with just one frame and one set of weapons.

If you want to get all weapons and all frames then you are a collector.

In either case both persons have finished the game,it's just that one of them hasn't finished his collection,not the game.

Edited by DalvPrime

37 minutes ago, DalvPrime said:

No,if you quoted the whole part you'd understand.

You can finish this game with just one frame and one set of weapons.

If you want to get all weapons and all frames then you are a collector.

In either case both persons have finished the game,it's just that one of them hasn't finished his collection,not the game.

You said "all ingame things possible".  It is possible, in-game, to get all the achievements, weapons, and warframes and max out them.

8 hours ago, (PS4)rolandassassin said:

Thanks.

Go for a walk. Play some other stuff. Come back when an update comes out if it has something that looks interesting to you. The grind treadmill isn't worth pursuing if you're not enjoying it. Warframe ain't gonna croak and your account isn't gonna bamf off into the ether.

Keep in mind, Warframe wants you to keep playing. Preferably to keep you paying, too, though even if you're just a body in the queue it's good for them and the game's structured around that. If it doesn't line up with your personal goals, recognize that, and step out. There's 0 reason to burn yourself out to the point of disliking the game you have (presumably) up to this point enjoyed.

Edited by TheGrimCorsair

9 hours ago, (PS4)rolandassassin said:

Thanks.

Primed Wait. Just calm down. People usually grind for more stuff and get stronger because it’s that type of game. It’s fun because the player base likes to grind a lot and because the grinding in this game isn’t very repetitive but more exploring. Have you unlocked every node on every planet? If you haven’t, then you haven’t covered all the ground.

Just now, (PS4)rolandassassin said:

Thanks.

I build each Prime (or new frame) out to a custom build, of my own creation, that includes an individual set of weapons and particular look, I also work on mastery, trying new weapons, also collecting end game items like Rivens, at some point your going to exhaust all quests, so you need to find your own things to work towards.

5 hours ago, Frosthaven83 said:

Ultimately "finishing the game" for something like warframe is subjective. Everyone has their own goals. Either you decide to enjoy some new goals or you don't and you take a break or move on - only you can know the answer in the end.

Totally agree with this. For games like Warframe, you should definitely try to set your own goals and ignore peer pressure to finish certain activities. I've only just started the game and my goal is to complete all the available content at a leisurely pace and largely ignore Fashionframe.

Worst case scenario - you get bored after a while and move on to a different game, which isn't bad. The time you put into the game should have kept you entertained; isn't that the main reason we start playing games in the first place?

39 minutes ago, bad4youLT said:

the list has been updated

Hide contents

welcome-to-my-hell-wallppr.gif

I tried conclave and its not bad at all! 

PvP games is what iam best at anyway, i was afraid when i started it and saw all these high masteries and thoughts that upgrades matter there, but they didnt :D. 

Its fun time from time, but for PvP i only i would probably play another game.

The best thing to do once you finished the game (which means you've done all that you really want of what DE put in as missions/grind), is to find a group of friends and go have fun stomping missions, helping them with their grind, etc. Or just help new players if you enjoy that.

Optionally, you can wait for new missions/content that you may enjoy.

Like any other game, you can always hit that wall of "What next?". If what's there doesn't appeal to you, then pop in another game and come back in a few to see if the game (or your view) has changed.

Myself, I bounce between Warframe, and Path of Exile while also waiting for Pantheon and Star Citizen (though I do play a bit on SC PTU now and then too). Used to run Defiance, but I burned out on that one.