Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

TennoGen Round 11 - Accepted Submissions!

[DE]Taylor

20 hours ago, A-p-o-l-l-y-o-n said:

I know the feeling. DE talks about creators not having to fret if their content doesn't get selected because they'll give out feedback, but they never give out feedback to most people.

wow didn't know that. Its really ignorant of them.

2 minutes ago, (PS4)BLOOD-LINE-01 said:

To be fair to DE, there are a lot of Tennogen items on the market and some people might not be so cordial when told that there design needs adjustments.

It can be. But if you open a window for people's creations, at least, it'd be nice to say something to the one who wants to contribute.

I agree, but as I said DE yet said nothing to me. Each player has its own opinion, and changing the item everytime when a single or even a group of people dislike some feature, while other 15.000 put thumbs up is not the thing. And since the last word comes from DE, that'll be nice to have their confirmation/disregard of such kind of a feedback.

2 minutes ago, Ath4 said:

It can be. But if you open a window for people's creations, at least, it'd be nice to say something to the one who wants to contribute.

I agree, but as I said DE yet said nothing to me. Each player has its own opinion, and changing the item everytime when a single or even a group of people dislike some feature, while other 15.000 put thumbs up is not the thing. And since the last word comes from DE, that'll be nice to have their confirmation/disregard of such kind of a feedback.

Fair point.

The cynic that is me says that companies only concentrate on negative feedback feedback these days. I still remember that Overwatch controversy about how one person thought that Tracers butt was highlighted too much in an animation and in response to that one person Blizzard immediately took it out, even though no one else complained about it. Then it blew up and they put it back in.

I think companies do it purely so they can point and say "look we address your complaints, we're good guys,  can you buy our games with your slimy peasant money now please?".

52 minutes ago, (PS4)BLOOD-LINE-01 said:

Fair point.

The cynic that is me says that companies only concentrate on negative feedback feedback these days. I still remember that Overwatch controversy about how one person thought that Tracers butt was highlighted too much in an animation and in response to that one person Blizzard immediately took it out, even though no one else complained about it. Then it blew up and they put it back in.

I think companies do it purely so they can point and say "look we address your complaints, we're good guys,  can you buy our games with your slimy peasant money now please?".

Its not the matter of cynism. Concentrating on a small group of people who dislike may turn over the audience, the majority of those who want the item in. 

For DE aestethics matter much more than money, which they could earn on my swords. 

Btw, I didn't pretend for a place in a "hall of fame". I'm pretty poor guy. Just wanted to earn some cash for food... Thats a pity. For me a real pity. P.S. don't tell me to go and find myself a job. I already have one. I just live in hell-style country.

8 hours ago, Ath4 said:

Its not the matter of cynism. Concentrating on a small group of people who dislike may turn over the audience, the majority of those who want the item in. 

Unfortunately that's how it works with the majority of gaming companies these days. The reason being those who don't like something generally kick up a massive fuss over it while the majority who do like said something generally keep quiet because they are content.

8 hours ago, Ath4 said:

For DE aestethics matter much more than money

I don't think so. I mean they brought the Nova deluxe skin out instead of burning the concept art.

8 hours ago, Ath4 said:

Btw, I didn't pretend for a place in a "hall of fame". I'm pretty poor guy. Just wanted to earn some cash for food... Thats a pity. For me a real pity. P.S. don't tell me to go and find myself a job. I already have one. I just live in hell-style country.

Was this supposed to be for another person? Because I never said anything about your lifestyle or motivations.....

1 minute ago, (PS4)BLOOD-LINE-01 said:

Was this supposed to be for another person? Because I never said anything about your lifestyle or motivations.....

Yes, it was not for you directly. Many people flame on me. Im sorry.

4 hours ago, (PS4)BLOOD-LINE-01 said:

To be fair to DE, there are a lot of Tennogen items on the market and some people might not be so cordial when told that there design needs adjustments.

You'll never know if DE never tells them they need adjustments. That's the problem here.

So.. finally our lovely Octavia will get a decent helmet.. too many guys said = Weabo, this sht will not go in. But here we are, looking forward to see more creative content like on this one. ^^. Good job TennoGenerators, once again! 

Edited by GoldenZenus

I feel like a few of the Tenno here are being pretty critical of DE. There are quite a lot of Tennogen items and DE providing feedback on each and every part of the development process. 

I'm really glad that DE does Tennogen at all! I do have to agree with some others in that, if DE cares about having the Tennogen items in game, then they would probably communicate more. 

Many video game companies are concerned about PR because they have to be able to pay for the development process by selling their game. One idiot who doesn't like one thing can ruin the devs' jobs and the ability for companies to produce another game! Which really stinks! 

On 04/12/2017 at 10:16 PM, (Xbox One)ZenithLord 42 said:

I feel like a few of the Tenno here are being pretty critical of DE. There are quite a lot of Tennogen items and DE providing feedback on each and every part of the development process. 

I'm really glad that DE does Tennogen at all! I do have to agree with some others in that, if DE cares about having the Tennogen items in game, then they would probably communicate more. 

Many video game companies are concerned about PR because they have to be able to pay for the development process by selling their game. One idiot who doesn't like one thing can ruin the devs' jobs and the ability for companies to produce another game! Which really stinks! 

Would be nice if they provided feedback on the most voted at least.

On 12/6/2017 at 6:09 AM, Anthraxicus said:

Would be nice if they provided feedback on the most voted at least.

I know! I'm not sure why they don't do that. Maybe DE feels that since those entries were at the top, they don't have to provide feedback? 

Why fix a good thing? Oh well, they might address this in the future... I hope.