Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Amount of Nerfing is Absurd

(PSN)thefallenloser

You know what I'm talking about.

I am not going to sit here and call it a change, it is a straight-up nerf.

Gara's Mass Vitrify is now becoming health/armor based.

Can we start off with a no? No. This is unacceptable and unneeded. What is the purpose is of changing Gara's Mass Vitrify but not buffing Spectrorage? Let's take look at all the things that need changes.

• Mag's Polarize
  • Mag's Crush
  • 3/4 of Zephyr's abilities
  • Volt in General
  • Ember in General
  • Peacemaker is apparently okay however.

And that was just a bit of the list.

Now you're just turning Gara into another mindless DPS Frame in which you only press 4 for more DPS. According to Aidan, the wall will break in fractions so expect Mass Vitrify to be behind you 90% of the time. And we still have Spectrorage, which has no scaling, so expect the same for MV. The entire cool part about Gara is that she was like the defensive version of Excalibur. Nope. Now she's just short-ranged Ember.

While you're at it DE, you'd might as well have Peacemaker double in energy for each person shot because why not?

2 minutes ago, SergeantSunshine said:

I saw a tweet that said more Volt changes were coming, but as a Volt main and with prior knowledge of DE's recent changes to frames, I am afraid. 

Oh wow,you must be well informed,the volt changes are already out Mr. Volt Main.

And the thread author is an angry Gara player,that hates the world now and wants to ruin other OP frames :-)

Edited by -FrutyX-

7 minutes ago, -FrutyX- said:

Oh wow,you must be well informed,the volt changes are already out Mr. Volt Main.

Pass me a link since I can't see it in the same index as the Gara thread.

EDIT: Here's a life lesson. Don't make snide remarks if they can backfire this easily.

Edited by Ventura_Highway

Some of Volt's issues have already been addressed in the recent patch. 

That being said, I don't have a problem with nerfs so much that I have a problem with DE's tendency to ignore the real issues at hand: Warframes are too OP, slash and corrosive are kings of damage type, and the "mandatory mods" haven't yet been assimilated with the gun's actual stats. 

We can't begin to talk about case-by-case balance until some fundemental systems are changed. Of course, there will be weapons like the formerly OP  Tonkor, Synoid Simulor, and more recently Atterax that will need immediate attention, and frames like Mesa, Ember, and Nidus that offer unparalleled levels of cheese at the state they're in, but hurting their effectiveness now without first addressing the huge problems will have inadvertent balance ripples when DE does decide to change the system, which will tax the balance team more inevitably. 

IMO, this thread is kind of a knee-jerk reaction to a single change. DE talks about nerfing one aspect of one frame, but the title infers that nerfs are extremely prevalent and are harming vast swaths of the game. In reality, hardly anything in this game ever gets nerfed because DE knows that players will get angry no matter how egregious it was.

Gara's mass vitrify was basically a better frost globe anyway. It was completely invincible, refreshed your 2 (this effectively saved you the energy difference between frost's globe and this power), it did way more damage when you break it, and it put a debuff on enemies when you expanded it. Does that mean we should buff frost's globe to compensate? No because that's the definition of power creep.

In addition, I've come to hate the scaling argument that people bring up with frame design all the time, and it's prevalent here because people claim that this will no longer scale since it has a set health. IMO, the ability of frames to infinitely scale is one of the main reasons why end game in warframe is so nebulous. If every frame basically capped out at around a certain level, it would make it easier for DE to set enemy level at a place that would actually be challenging for everyone. As it is right now, no matter how high the enemies get, players will always have some form of cheese that will be able to kill them.

I think this power (and Gara in general) will still be useful after this relatively minor nerf.

This is not an MMO please refrain from treating it like one, there will always be stronger frames, stronger weapons and better builds. Some frames are over powered some are under powered. All it takes is one weapon to make a frame amazing like simulor was for mirage. One mod to make a weapon decent into amazing. There are way too many variables currently in the game to balance all of the frames out with out making them all too similar. There have been rises and falls of many OP/Meta builds and that will never change.

Some frames are great in lower levels like ember but not so amazing for long survivals etc compared to many other frames. A lot of frames have their niche and always will its the variety in this game I like and in order to balance them all out really well would eliminate some of that variety.

41 minutes ago, Xaxma said:

Some of Volt's issues have already been addressed in the recent patch. 

That being said, I don't have a problem with nerfs so much that I have a problem with DE's tendency to ignore the real issues at hand: Warframes are too OP, slash and corrosive are kings of damage type, and the "mandatory mods" haven't yet been assimilated with the gun's actual stats. 

We can't begin to talk about case-by-case balance until some fundemental systems are changed. Of course, there will be weapons like the formerly OP  Tonkor, Synoid Simulor, and more recently Atterax that will need immediate attention, and frames like Mesa, Ember, and Nidus that offer unparalleled levels of cheese at the state they're in, but hurting their effectiveness now without first addressing the huge problems will have inadvertent balance ripples when DE does decide to change the system, which will tax the balance team more inevitably. 

The reason Warframe is popular is BECAUSE everyone is super OP. This is referenced in many of Warframe's reviews, the fact that Warframe empowers the player. 

I would rather it not be... but everyone likes different things, I guess.

Edited by jjpdn

1 hour ago, -FrutyX- said:

And the thread author is an angry Gara player,that hates the world now and wants to ruin other OP frames :-)

Where did you get this info from?

I hate the world? No.

Honestly, DE needs to get their priorities straight and stop distracting themselves and ruining things that are perfectly good.

4 minutes ago, Ventura_Highway said:

And you need to learn how to write better feedback.

1 hour ago, (PS4)ArtPrince17 said:

You know what I'm talking about.

Gara's Mass Vitrify is now becoming nerfed to health/armor based.

I'm not really feeling it. Gara was really nice before and she had some downsides to having her invinclible Mass Vitrify. For starters, it had a gaping hole in the top. I do not like how Digital Extremes considered even touching MV before Spectrorage, as it badly needed a buff. It appears as though the guys are just wasting their time. Seriously. Frames like Volt, Mag, Zephyr, Chroma, and Atlas really need some changes but Gara gets them?

According to @[DE]Aidan, Mass Vitrify is now going to break in fractions and still be duration based. That is a very poor idea. Top it off with the fact that there is absolutely nothing that makes this better than Snow Globe for an Ultimate and you're just wasting energy with it for defense.

Does that suit your needs?

37 minutes ago, (PS4)ArtPrince17 said:

I do not like how Digital Extremes considered even touching MV before Spectrorage, as it badly needed a buff.

I agree and think they should have changed both of these together. I do not play Gara, I'll admit, but it do think that making Spectrorage more useful would have gone hand in hand with making, honestly nerfing, Mass Vitrify to be based on armor and health.

37 minutes ago, (PS4)ArtPrince17 said:

Does that suit your needs?

Technically speaking it's hard to call what's here Feedback because you're actually not commenting on a change in the game. One of the things expressed in the linked guide is that you should " Give yourself a good amount of time to really test what you are talking about before posting your feedback." In actuality even if you're more civil or more detailed, what was linked ultimately was not followed completely.

Edited by Ventura_Highway

No one cares about Mirage still :sadcry: Gara is gonna be fine she still has plenty of power, and I play a crap ton of Volt his changes were totally fine. He still works great at all sortie levels and still ranks as one of my top picks for high lvl content. I started a post hoping anyone would notice that Mirage doesn't work on the plains like she does everywhere else. Please notice Mirage senpai.