Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Luminous Dye Not working after update

yingji

Yea that bug is hell for me, also anyone was trying catch a murkray? cuz i try in x4 spots with +20 baits for them + dyes that do sh-it in 50% cases not even 1 spawn that i can see, cuz dyes hehe 

Anyone was trying too? 

They should give us x2 resource drop on cetus or just for 3 days. 

Edited by -Vasto-

1 hour ago, -Vasto- said:

Yea that bug is hell for me, also anyone was trying catch a murkray? cuz i try in x4 spots with +20 baits for them + dyes that do sh-it in 50% cases not even 1 spawn that i can see, cuz dyes hehe 

Anyone was trying too? 

They should give us x2 resource drop on cetus or just for 3 days. 

i was killing it with them, try in the evening or night seems to work well for me

also you have to be near where the water is sort of frothing and white and drop the bait into it

31 minutes ago, TheOneOrphan said:

I play fullscreen single monitor and I can confirm its not the cursor or anything. I waste about 4 dyes to get just 1 working, and I am very upset.

well that shoots my theory out of the water. good to know.

The jumping in the water thing seems to work more or less, but not all the time, i think somebody was right, it weather effects, clear skies and no problems, rain and no good, luckily its always raining

DEAR DE, could you not dump untested code onto the live server unless its maybe a Monday. Dont want to tell you your job or anything but  the not so common sense you should be following is: if you are going to go live with risky untested hot fixes, don't do it going into a weekend. I'm not saying whoever green lighted the hot fix is stupid....but im thinking it loudly.

I found something not so interesting with the Luminous Dye and Baits. What I did was, I put 2 Baits and 1 Dye in the area where I usually fish and all worked. Then the bait and the dye ran out, so I decided to put another set. This time, it didnt work. So I was like, Ok let me try this on another fishing spot. So, I moved a bit further, like a bullet jump combo away from my last spot. I then put another set of Bait and Dye and this time it worked again. So I waited till it runs out and put another set of Bait and Dye in the same spot and guess what, It didnt work again. So, I did the same thing for like 4 tries on 4 different spots. All had the same problem. Could it be possible that they did something with the baits and dye, like it will only work on 1 spot then you'll have to transfer to another spot for the baits and dye to work again?. Like 1 Bait/Dye for 1 Spot. But i'm still hoping that this is just a bug because if this ever turns out to be the new thing, this is not so good for fishing.

Edited by Nylanrem

so after few days of freezing and crashing, somehow managed to play the game, entered the plains and bam fps drop. after getting use to that (hoping a fix for that comes soon) i decided to fish and get my standings. i see that there is no longer a timer to dye's which at first felt quite good. but after 10 mins. the dye stopped highlighting the fish completely even though i kept throwing dyes.

i could see the fish swimming around but they are not highlighted. so it limited the amount of fish i could catch. ill have a video uploaded with this issue. do check it

Il y a 12 heures, Broneteer a dit :

As the title says, after a few rounds of fishing at hotspots trying to get Cuthol, the Luminos Dye I was throwing just stopped working and it wasn't highlighting any fish at all.

Are your cuthol baits working? Mine seem to have no effect, instead I only get cuthol when I throw the twilight. Stayed up to 15 min in one hospot throwing cuthol baits and got nothing, magically when I decided to throw the twilight bait they apperead like there was no tomorrow.

The title said it all. Luminous Dye not working at all even thrown.  A ss as a poof that it isn't working at all. If you have sharp eye, there is 1 goopolla just at the left of my cursor and 1 right side. Plus this is also Chroma's Vex Armour bug after killing Teralyst. It won't stop until you enter back Cetus. 71B874962231D13885369F83C4F5F09DEA72CFDB

Had the problem with both dye not working, and bait not working. Persisted through exiting Cetus \ coming back.

Only broke during the night for some reason. Managed to catch 2 Glappids during dusk, as soon as lights went down dye broke.

Reloaded into Cetus, dye was working, baits were not. Wasted 5 gladdip \ murkray \ twilight baits each. Only Goopolas spawned.

By the way all that was Solo play.

pzvPrOj.jpg

Edited by lexandritte

Another experiencing this frustrating issue.

I thought I was having rotten luck with spawns, then I spotted a tralok casually swimming right next to my placed dye, undetected.

I'm not happy with the change to how dye works anyway (it honestly feels like a way to increase the amount of dye we use) but I was willing to put up with it. Now there's no point in me fishing at all until this nonsense has been fixed.

Edited by DoctorBagPhD

As it has already been mentioned basically everywhere, the new update messed a wee bit with fishing mechanics.

Not only the dye isn't working in solo, but also when shared it seems to work randomly (if at all) for the other party members.

This also applies to baits, with selected fish spawning most of the time only for the one who tosses the bait. So yeah, sharing isn't caring, at least in the plains.

Fishing without both is possible, there are very clear water spots, but alas, why put up with broken mechanics when you can have them fixed?