Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sculptures? Really?

(PSN)BattleCry1791

This is ridiculous.  Why is anything available for Sorties that you can farm or randomly find?  So tired of busting hump and spending tons of consumables to get a sculpture.  They're decorations/endo.  Why is this even an option?  How does a small amount of endo = riven card?  And the riven is all we really want anyways below the rare drops.  

DE, please get rid of this as a drop option.  It makes the Sortie just not worth running to me.

10 minutes ago, Kurokoz said:

If you got literally only what you wanted every time it wouldn't be much of a game..

except the rng on rivens is horrid...so we would have to get really lucky to get a riven for a weapon we wanted.....then play the rolling game lol

2 minutes ago, Kalvorax said:

except the rng on rivens is horrid...so we would have to get really lucky to get a riven for a weapon we wanted.....then play the rolling game lol

I mean, its a 25.9% chance. The second most likely reward behind 28% for the sculpture.

16 minutes ago, (PS4)lhbuch said:

I would not mind so much about the sculptures on the sortie tables BUT I get them 80% of the time!!!

You absolutely do mind them as much, because you don't get them 80% of the time, you just think you do because that sticks in your mind more than the times you don't get them.

Edited by VirtualViolet

I think they can only up the chances of you getting a riven if they do something about the storage issue and or give you something for trash rivens that can't sell because as much as it might suck to get a sculpture, it sucks more to get a sentinel weapon no one wants that amounts to a few hundred endo when you melt it down. At the very least you should be able to get kuva for them to create a market for worthless rivens as they could be converted into a good amount of kuva. Back to the storage issue, the funniest thing I encountered was finally selling a riven to someone--only for them to pause mid transaction and say they needed more space. What did they do? Gave me a tetra riven no one wanted and while I made my sale, I had another riven to get rid of lol.

An Ayatan isn't meant to be equal in value to a riven. That's the point. You get some items that are meh and easy and some that are amazing but difficult to get.

I personally haven't gotten a single Legendary Core from Sorties yet I hear stories of players who have gained 4 or more over time. And that's fine.

i don't know about ps4 but on pc i see sometime people buying them around 10p each filled. So you can sell some and get a veiled riven or whatever you want with that plat. And they're not that bad, we can trade large sum of endo because of that. I remember the days when you had to trade each gold core, those were some painful trades.

Edited by Gilmaesh

To address a couple of points.

I run solo and I tend to run a slova on Stage III.  I'll burn through energy and health restores as the PUG RNG is not very kind sometimes and I don't have my focus tree skills up to compensate.

I see a ton of trash riven cards sell on the player market and zero sculptures -that illustrates that there is an imbalance in the sortie rewards.

Riven mods can't be bought from the market, and everything in the Rare drop list costs plat.  Granted 6k in Kuva is huge and 4k in endo is no slouch, but the sculptures, you can get one a week from Maroo and pull a ton of endo in endless missions.

We've all seen the pics (and even in this chain) of how many sculptures there are out there, there's no need for them to be part of the sortie drop list.  There's a risk/reward issue.  You run against level 100 enemies and you get something you can find lying around randomly.  

I have a hard time believing no one finds value in Riven cards.  I can understand not wanting to deal with the limited storage for them causing interaction on the player market.  Or grinding for Kuva to flip them.  But the mods themselves make a massive improvement.  As do potatoes and exhilus etc.  What do sculptures do?  Not useful.  Not at all. 

If sculptures are that useful, then why aren't they a reward for fissures?  Why aren't there Syndicate versions?  Where's my sculpture Prime?

The ayatan sculpture as a sortie reward is the boot of fishing.  But I didn't miss a bunch of times.  I completed the mission; where's the reward?

20 hours ago, MagPrime said:

The sculptures are filler content, to keep you coming back and trying again when the sortie refreshes. 

It obviously works, so DE has no reason to change it.

Absolutely agree with this. Same reason why the Token System isn’t in the game.

Edited by xXDeadsinxX

OP, like others said, you are in trap of unreasonable hate for sculptures, just sit down and think about it. Riven drop is 25% and you don't need to think 'i got a blasted sculpture', but instead 'i did not get a riven this time'. Or is your dislike for them at the point where 30% of time you would rather get Nothing At All.

3 hours ago, xXDeadsinxX said:

Absolutely agree with this. Same reason why the Token System isn’t in the game.

Yep. 

As cool as DE is and with how awesome they are with their community and game, they're still a business and have to meet certain demands. 

12 minutes ago, Nomayonnaiseinireland said:

" 4k in endo is no slouch"

So why do you not like the sculptures from sorties? An anasa is is 3,450 endo when filled, so why is 4,000 endo no slouch, but 3,450 an unacceptable fruit of your labor?

I can't speak for the person quoted, but I know that personally, it is because 1) I have to find enough stars to fill it, and since I get almost no amber stars, this is difficult at times, and 2) my computer is old enough that it hates Maroo's Bazaar, so actually getting my endo out of the thing takes way too much time. Considering the fact it gives us less output for more work, it is understandable that people dislike it over the 4k endo reward.