Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dev Workshop: Warframes Revisited

[DE]Connor

38 minutes ago, (Xbox One)NeutralSilence said:

I'm sorry but I have to ask- how are these changes going to make Mag OP? Her shards are finally not going to be useless and she's  getting Shield restore for a terrible ability when she already had it for her other terrible ability. She needs much more than this honestly.

Exactly. She is now going to be able to erase shields, buff overshields, and actually do damage all at the same time. A good Mag makes absolutely short work of Corpus enemies already, now no one will be safe. 

4 hours ago, Cryoguard said:

I have never heard of someone asking for removed scaling lol xD but in regards to Octavia, her balance comes from the complexity of her build. If you try and completely min-max Octavia, you cripple her. If you don't do enough min-maxing, her abilities become somewhat lackluster and limited. Also, Octavia's damage buff (and buffs in general) can be useful to a whole team (which is what they now applied to Vex Armor). Also, judging a frame's value in-game through solo survivals is a really poor way to gauge their effectiveness, since the vast majority of players do not play extended solo survivals.
As for her sound effects, you CAN turn down other player's music to 0, and if you don't like your music, try something different? Also she had a few stealth nerfs already that you probably missed, including Mallet's damage decays over time if it isn't being attacked. And her damage buff is area locked and sound dependent, whereas Chroma's is mobile and just requires him to hurt himself.

I have watched Life of Rio go hours upon hours of MOT Survival with Octavia......I don't care what you say she is OP.

19 hours ago, KaeseSchnitte said:

Zephyr:

I'd like to suggest a slightly different form of the proposed changes:

• Tail Wind: Add a buff to channeling Tail Wind to get off the ground, that increases damage and range of the next ability used
  • Dive Bomb: Activate Dive Bomb by holding the button and have Zephyr fly towards the crosshairs, if the crosshairs are within a certain angle to the ground (for example 45°)
  • Air Burst: Inverse the proposed effect. Instead of ragdolling enemies away from the center, ragdoll them towards the center (like a 360° Mag Pull)

The suggested change to Tail Wind will give you more reason to use it to gain altitude.

The suggested change to Dive Bomb will allow it to be aimed, which significantly increases its effectiveness and the fun you can have with this ability.

The suggested change to Air Burst makes it actually synergize with abilities like Dive Bomb and Tornado, other Warframes and weapons. The versatility would be greatly increased compared to its currently proposed function.

I can totally support those Dive Bomb and Air Burst ideas! (The Tawilwind effect I'm neutral towards, as I generally dislike too much forced synergy)

why is D.E nerfing frames like ember and banshee yes they can kill everything without have to even see it but with frames like wukong who can never die just using one ability. now this doesnt mean that wukong needs a nerf warframes like atlas and zephyr need big buffs (p.s ember and banshee are about to turn into the new gara nerfed into ground by D.E)

Anyway, DE, seeing as all the feedback is being sequestered in this thread, let me make a pretty simple statement:

We're not against removing Ember's ability to effortlessly clear low level maps. That's fine. You should definitely do that. What we're against is a fix which barely achieves that goal while crippling the ways in which Ember is genuinely good at higher levels.

We are concerned that this process is going to be half-assed and we're going to be left with a broken and barely functional Ember for another year.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BornWithTeeth said:

Anyway, DE, seeing as all the feedback is being sequestered in this thread, let me make a pretty simple statement:

We're not against removing Ember's ability to effortlessly clear low level maps. That's fine. You should definitely do that. What we're against is a fix which barely achieves that goal while crippling the ways in which Ember is genuinely good at higher levels.

We are concerned that this process is going to be half-assed and we're going to be left with a broken and barely functional Ember for another year.

I don't even like Ember...

I'm just quoting for emphasis.

It's just to damn logical.

4 minutes ago, phoenix1992 said:

Today's second sortie is Corpus Elemental Enchantment Heat.

If a solo Ember can survive this, will any groaner and moaner consider that something is a miss with the reasoning behind why people run WoF?

I am asking for a friend.

I’m actually doing it with Ash, because he’s got the Eidolon Unairu Lens on him and I’m just a bit of Focus away from having all Waybounds active.

with accelerant, 200% pwr str and 100% more with that new "change" wof does 8k dmg: 400x2x(2.5x2)x2=8000
8k *fire* dmg.
a Lv80 heavy gunner has .4mil ehp which means it'll take 50 ticks of wof to kill it.
ember is all about cc in the end game. Her dps goes way down endgame because armor is a thing. You might say she's not that good at cc since only 5 enemies. And I would agree she is not a good cc frame. But in the end game, it is the only way of ember to survive.

solution:

make accelerant a passive that scales with power strength.

replace fireblast with this: flame demon: summons 5 flames(increased by power strength) that will move and track down enemies. When flame demon finds an enemy and hits them, it will strip 50% armor scaled with power strength. Can't recast until all flames found an enemy, the flames will circle around you if no enemy is found within range.

make fireball do more dmg: 1000 fire dmg, 900 area dmg, area dmg range increased to 8m, 1000 more dmg when the enemy has no armor. (1000 may sound like much but in reality, the dmg is not that much since a lv80 heavy gunner has 23,628 hp(not ehp). this ability would be used to clean groups of trash mobs when wof is not on.

new ability in replacement of accelerant: flame cloak, nearby enemies take fire proc up to 5 enemies. Do not do any dmg, just a replacement for ember's lack of defense from losing her cc.

keep the range nerf, I agree it was problematic for the game of how ember used 4 and walked through low-level content.

summary:

This makes ember a caster-glass cannon by giving her one defensive ability, but gives her many more dps by giving her the ability to stip armor.

2 hours ago, BornWithTeeth said:

The issue is that the way that DE have chosen to address it massively reduces Ember's high level viability, but only somewhat reduces the efficiency of the annoying low level stomp clear Ember.

The problem needed to be addressed, even if just to shut people up about it, but the way they're doing it is just awful, and people have already proposed half a dozen better ideas or better compensatory mechanics.

Reduces? Try removes. Anything with a gun post sortie levels will now 1-shot her. She truly is stuck in the basic star chart maps now.

Can we please stop ignoring that you can check right now how WoF acts in the game with double output, double drain and half range?

Can we please stop ignoring that the only thing that will change for the poor lith runners is that people will move from Stretch to Overextended and the only people that will feel this nerf are people that actually play ember in the end game?

Can we please stop lying to people that we care about balance when atterax has higher effective range than WoF?

Or we will act as if this is not the case and no player ever runs atterax on any content regardless if this is the time for it or not.

Il y a 1 heure, (Xbox One)DevilishSix a dit :

I have watched Life of Rio go hours upon hours of MOT Survival with Octavia......I don't care what you say she is OP.

Let's just make everything at hydron level while you're at it. Nerf maim, sonar, underthow and frost 3sec invul and invis frames and let's all enjoy 24/7 hydron. 

Mallet damage drops as soon as ennemies stop hitting it, and frames have higher aggro than it does forcing to keep you and all your teamates with invis all the time if you want it to deal any damage. Shae's not as braindead Op as you seem to think. SHe's rewarding if mastered, as all frames should be. 

You watched a vid where the frame is played optimaly. Good for you. now go watch the rest of his vids and how nearly all the frames can go that far if played correctly. And in case you didn't go past the title of that video. He clearly states that mallet has S#&$ aggro and that ennemies started to avoid it after x level. On top of that he was using his weapons and had other frames with him amping their damage and making sure he also used their buffs and debuffs on ennemies. 

Instead of calling for nerfs because "Oh S#&$ big number and clickbait titles" try to think about how other frames can be improved.

And if you don't wanna go past starchart level, good for you but people enjoy endless runs and comments like these just ruin the few frames allowing to do that confortably. 

Not everyone enjoys warframe as hydron simulator. 

Edited by SSI_Seraph

1 hour ago, (Xbox One)DevilishSix said:

Ohhh aren't you cool... Fun fact, Rio's specialty is going for hours upon hours in Mot (because I also watch him, and he can do that with multiple frames). If you don't care what other people have to say, then the forums really isn't the place for you (and just so you know, the longest survival on the Xbox leaderboards rn is 1 hour on Sedna, Mot is not even 40 minutes, further proving that this whole extended run thing really doesn't count for much).

Also fun fact, Rio knows his mechanics, so the question is - do you?

16 hours ago, Aegni said:

The issue is this is a dual sworded argument.  Why should I alter the way I am playing for three other people?

No, it isn't. You should do so out of common courtesy.

Why can they not accomodate me? 

Apparently because it's impossible to accommodate them?

It doesn't become a matter of ourtesy, it becomes an issue of the majority saying "we dont like the way you play the game, so stop playing it.", that is grossly unjust.

I would phrase it more accurately as "let us play too."

Hogging everything to yourself and enforcing a veteran's "it's too boring to play inefficiently" mindset on 3 other players is far more unjust.

It suggests that popular opinion should have a say in how individuals enjoy the game which is terrifically toxic in itself,

It's not popular opinion. It's the fundamental truth that players play a game to PLAY it, not watch someone else play it for them.

That's what Twitch is for.

and causes people to want to leave. Those 3 people can easily take a 4th in recruit chat, the singular person should be perfectly capable of palying the game as they desire, so long as it does not do anything to break the game.

Pretty sure making it so that 3 other people are unable to participate counts as "breaking the game." Do you disagree?

I honestly think it should have been left alone to be honest.  The issue Ember has are beyond her WoF.  When was the last time an ember player used her 1 and 3?

Issues with other skills do not preclude changes to another.

Such a change hurts Ember and its only being done to satisfy the people who go "i didn't get the most amount of kills in a mission!"

Pretty sure the basis of the complaint as presented by you is patently inaccurate.

Those are the same people who then wonder why they can't level as quickly in a group during a survival mission because they're off solo chasing kills.

No.

Edited by DiabolusUrsus

13 hours ago, Ksaero said:

Who takes Ember to 6hr defence? Does she kill anyone there with her ult while some noobs (don't even know what they are doing at 6hr defence) cry they don't get enough kills?

Or maybe you're talking about Banshee? Just take out the augment mod and afk all you want.

ya sorry bout the text it would not return to normal after copying and pasteing his name but im more refering to a lv deff like akkad or harcon not high level stuff but ya banshees good too only reason i dont use her rather wasnt yet was cuz i was formaing her for a arcane build so i used ember so i would not get burned out in mean time with her if in a 6 hr deff i would not take a ember though id take a handful of other tried and true frames for example a trin or nidus something that wont drop off quick but gradualy but my main point is why must players of the game 4 years standing being forced to play at the pace of a noob haveing our builds, playstyles basicly riped away cuz theses retards dont get that kills mean nothing in a game that gives shared exp apon prox link with fellow tenno if de can set PoE to have MR locked missions no reason that they cant do that for the rest of the game have it so only a invited high MR can join a noobs lobby so they dont cry nerf for kills again

On 02/02/2018 at 8:03 PM, [DE]Connor said:

World On Fire - 5 seconds after casting, a percentage will begin counting up on the ability icon. As this percentage scales from 0% to 100% over 10 seconds, the ability’s energy cost and damage dealt both grow to double, while the ability radius shrinks to half.

Not to be picky but the double damage really isn't enough to justify the double drain considering you are losing so much area (since half radius means quarter area). What if WoF also is given a damage reduction ramping up from 0 to say 65% along with the damage ramp up. Maybe make it unaffected by mods to balance it out.

Another addition to help her scale better given the reduced area is to make accelerant's multiplier scale with enemy armour (I was thinking something small like (X+5%armour)× ) where only the fixed value scales with strength, and have its augment also add damage to her abilities like how Vex Armour will now buff Spectral Scream.

Sure I agree that the large AoE may have been somewhat of a boring playstyle but Ember was still not particularly good to begin with beyond level 20/30. All I'm saying is anything taken away has to be made up for by a lot to make up for what she is already lacking.

10 minutes ago, (PS4)TEAISHENNON said:

ya sorry bout the text it would not return to normal after copying and pasteing his name but im more refering to a lv deff like akkad or harcon not high level stuff but ya banshees good too only reason i dont use her rather wasnt yet was cuz i was formaing her for a arcane build so i used ember so i would not get burned out in mean time with her if in a 6 hr deff i would not take a ember though id take a handful of other tried and true frames for example a trin or nidus something that wont drop off quick but gradualy but my main point is why must players of the game 4 years standing being forced to play at the pace of a noob haveing our builds, playstyles basicly riped away cuz theses retards dont get that kills mean nothing in a game that gives shared exp apon prox link with fellow tenno if de can set PoE to have MR locked missions no reason that they cant do that for the rest of the game have it so only a invited high MR can join a noobs lobby so they dont cry nerf for kills again

New players did not cause the problem, the problem is the design of the game itself, the way it freely mixes players together. If you start out and play the game solo (or with friends also starting out) then it can be pretty challenging. If however you play with randoms there will be a couple of players that pretty much just god mode through everything. No challenge, just rewards, and no gained understanding of the game or mechanics. This especially applies to bosses who often are killed before they can reach them (unless they have invulnerability phases, which is another poor design issue).

Edited by jiminatorx

15 minutes ago, DiabolusUrsus said:

No, it isn't. You should do so out of common courtesy.

It is, because you're suggesting that there is a right or wrong here that is objective.  It isn't, the issue is an entirely subjective one with no clean method of resolving outside of causing harm to everyone in the game.

If I am in a game with 2 other people, and we're running a farming set up with Banshee, Trinity, and a Rhino, and the 4th person comes in and is unhappy because they aren't getting as many kills as they want, then by the basis of your argument, it would be discourteous for them to not follow the way we are choosing to play.

Get my point?

Apparently because it's impossible to accommodate them?

You missed the point, what valid reason do they possess that overrides my own? When does the individual playing the game cease to matter in terms of what they desire?

I would phrase it more accurately as "let us play too."

Hogging everything to yourself and enforcing a veteran's "it's too boring to play inefficiently" mindset on 3 other players is far more unjust.

Let me be the terrible devil here and say, how are they owed anything?  This isn't a case where someone eats all of the cookies and there are no more. In this game, the enemies are constantly generating because itis a horde based shooter. The idea that an ember is managing to kill 100% of the enemies (not possible), Equinox, Mesa, and ther AOE clearing  fframes, invalidate the ability for everyone to play is terribly false.

Furthermore, what would you define as just?

If just is "you are outweighed by popular opinion" then the design of the game becomes terribly unstable because the desires of people, as a whole...is selfish

"I don't like you playing Ember because I am not getting to play the way I want.'

The suggestion that a singular player is being selfish when the very crux of your argument is that of selfishness is not at all just.

It's not popular opinion. It's the fundamental truth that players play a game to PLAY it, not watch someone else play it for them.

That's what Twitch is for.

Okay, and in what way is that individual being prevented from playing?

Let us say the Ember nerf goes through as is, and an Ember player drops down for a Lith fissure exterminate on Earth. That ember player is still going to clear everything much faster than the MR 1 player not only because their frame is higher level along with their weapons, but their grasp of game mechanics is higher as well.

Suggesting that a singular player, a singular frame, is preventing everyone from playing is hyperbole and such a thing should not be engaged.  on top of this, if you attempt to balance everything based on low level players who struggle to keep up with vets, then none of the frames capable of AOE should be allowed to scale beyond the starmap of level 30.  That's just the reality of the situation due to the multiplicative effect of mods and game knowledge.\

Pretty sure making it so that 3 other people are unable to participate counts as "breaking the game." Do you disagree?

Provide a real example where 3 players are unable to participate or play the game due to the behavior's of a single player outside of level 30.

Issues with other skills do not preclude changes to another.

Yes they do, because such changes should not be treated as if they exist in a vacuum. If Ember is reliant upon a singular ability to be viable beyond starmap, weakening the ability to the point where it impacts other aspects of her gameplay negatively would suggest not going through with the change.  This is how game balancing works.

This is why games such as the Guiltygear series have even low tier characters getting to 2nd place in tournaments, while games such as MvC2 only really had 7 characters viable out of a roster of 40+.  Or games like League of legends where altering a champ's singular ability when they rely upon it destroys their viability.

Now am I talking out my backside?

Negative ghostrider. I have experience with game rulesets and was one of the leader's of the gaming community I was a part of before I became occupied with adult things.  When you balance the game, you need to consider the effects of such a change outside of a vacuum.  DE is too focused on resolving the immediate, short term issue at hand. They aren't taking into consideration the long term.

So, for example if they absolutely had to make the change because people are complaining they can't get as many kills or contributye as much, then the answer would be to make the doubling effect on Ember's WoF be modified by power strength.  This would ensure that she can deal damage as the game scales.  It also ensures she cannot scale infinitely because after all, eventually you should be extracting.

This would make both parties happy because late game ember users would then have a viable build they can utilize outside of CC ember, who suffers quite a bit from this change.

Pretty sure the basis of the complaint as presented by you is patently inaccurate.

"I am not getting as many kills as Ember."

That is the argument.

It isn't

"I can't play the game because everything is dead before i get to it."

It's not

"Ember shuts off my abilities/weapon effects"

It's not

"She makes 3 other people invalid in being there."

It's

"I am not doing as much as she is."

No.

Yes.

Hoepfully I'm done now with things where I absolutely need the range on World of Fire. Aside from that, will have to check out the changes and see how I feel.

In general: Disruptive balance changes to encourage changing up playstyles = fixing what isn't broken

I still feel that way about Zenurik....

Edited by Maeglin73

1 minute ago, jiminatorx said:

New players did not cause the problem, the problem is the design of the game itself, the way it freely mixes players together. If you start out and play the game solo (or with friends also starting out) then it can be pretty challenging. If however you play with randoms there will be a couple that pretty much just god mode through everything. No challenge, just rewards, and no gained understanding of the game or mechanics. This especially applies to bosses who often are killed before they can reach them (unless they have invulnerability phases, which is another poor design issue).

and your point is its not hard at all de nerfed the S#&$ out of the bosses wile i agree though its the lack of a gate system for new vrs old players that this stems from 60% of noobs will pick a power level or farm to get stuff done over dragging &#! for hrs unededly and un nessarily to catch up to high level players or those who have been on for years asapose to a year or less the problem calsed by noobs is there lazy un wanting to farm or do S#&$ so they cry nerf not all but most enough for de to pander to at the least so ill correct what i sead and say that instead fact is if you have a clan which all noobs should be getting than this and other nerfs would be way less and far between bottom line 

DEV WORKSHOP FEEDBACK

Ash- looks very good. Finnaly the change we all asked for since the last rework. This trully fixed the "I can't do anything in Bladestorm" problem.

Atlas- I played with Atlas a long time ago and my problem with it was not Petrify. Here's the thing, before Focus Schools had the rework 2.0 I used Unairu's (my original school) beam to petrify A LOT. It was really good for defense and interception missions. The thing is Atlas Petrify isn't nearly has effective. Wether by lack of range or time to petrify, it just takes to long. Also, like Chroma's Spectral Scream (witch I will get further ahead) it is a very static ability. I think you should change it like you did to Chroma: make it move, make it Petrify on firts contact (at least at low levels, slow enemies at high until they trully petrify) make him fight and use weapons at the same time and you will have a great ability. However, in my opinion I used the Rumblers A LOT more when I played with him. The thing is, specters in general in warframe are really crappy. You can't tell them where to go or what to do, so people end up not using them at all.
So, this is my idea: like Zephyr's Tornado change (which I will also talk further ahead) make the "waypoint" command specters. I posted something for this a loooong time ago but the idea is simple: when using specters if you waypoint a location, they will remain near that location; if you mark an enemy, they will specifically attack that enemy; if you mark an ally (hostage or console), they will remain near it despite he moving or not. This is the change that SHOULD be made in game, or at least to Atlas, so people see him has a more special frame and can command "legions" (all specters) with him.
The Rubble idea seems outlandish because I believe he already has the highest (or one of the highest) armors in the game...so I am not to fond of it. Also, I still don't know if the Rubble can be picked up by vaccum (if it doesn't, it should). This being said, IF the rubble could (also) be used to create more Rumblers or Barriers (a bit like we use Nidus Stacks), then I think I might get behind this mechanic. So you "sacrifice" extra armor for more barriers or rumblers. A max number of each would have to be determined (maybe 6 like Volts shields, but at the very least 4 of each).

Banshee- I don't play with her, but have played with her in squads and: yes, the change seems to let everyone participate in battle. However, her Aug now is a "Limbo bomb". It might not stack but it is still pretty devastating. Hopefully this will keep Banshee players happy.

Chroma- Spectral Scream look good, but it now seems to similar to Everlasting Ward. The thing is, Ward alread works a bit like Ember or Equinox (Area Damage), AND it lets us use weapons at the same time. Altough scream can move now it does very little in terms of making the Ability viable.
Here is my idea: make it (or the Aug?) chargeable and with a blast explosion effect upon hit (a bit like Lenz or Corinth - think Dragonball Kamehameha or Genkidama - the shot can be a ball or a beam depending on element used). This will not only make the shot have more range and be more powerful but also an ability more useful in POE.
About Vex Armor, I need to see the number at work to see how good (or bad) it got. The aura is ok (although Octavia and Rhino already have them) BUT the reason why you did this is not... I will speak of this further ahead.*

Ember- I have a similar opinion as Banshee, however I have played with her considerably more before. The thing is, I welcome the fact that the range is smaller and at a close range she does more damage (the visual I have is that it starts has a flat line and then it grows like a piramid - like a sheet that is picked up in the center - so less range and damage near the edges, more powerful in the center), what I don't agree is that you nerf her energy consumption to get players to shut it off. I think this is a very bad, and it sets a precet to when you want people to stop using ANY ability, just boost up energy consumption... So: No.
My idea is this simple: boost energy IF they are using Accelerant (her 2nd ability). This way, players might/will tolerate the energy drain BECAUSE she is doing a lot more damage. Say: the edges do 100% more damage and the center goes 200%.

Gara- I've played with her as much as I could but she only seemed to excel at Excavation mission. The long tall wall of glass made everything run real smooth. After the rework I didn't play with her anymore. Here's the thing, if I play with a defensive frame I (oddly enough) want it to protect me or the target. When you introduced "holes" in it, it defeates the purpose. Furthermore, having the enemies come close just endangers the very thing I want to protect. It might work well against Infested, because they attack like crazy all over the place, but other enemies keep a distance and just shoot at it.
So, here's my (wonky) idea: what it you make Vitrify a "safe" ability? It would still work with time casting affecting range and the more enemies within the more powerful it got (it would probably need a smaller range do), however the wall now moves with her! She can fight with/within this wall, all enemies touched by this "glass wall" are turned to glass (the higher the level the more time it would take to get them "glassified") and if this wall starts breaking up, you can blow it up and summon another (provided you have energy). This would be useful for several reasons:
1- no other frame has this. Some frames have a "shield" or buffs, but none has a movable "safe area" where allies can shelter (the closest I can remember is probably Nyx with her 4th and Augment... But she can hardly move and it is not that big).
2- it would be a bit of a Tenno response to Nullifiers or Eximus with Ice Shields where they are a "Alamo" for their comrades. Something no frame has.
3- it would sinergize (I know you love that word) with her 2nd ability where it can be an offensive and defensive frame at the same time.
And if you are thinking of an Aug: for every enemy glassified by this wall she would rebuild parts that are/were damaged.
Because I used her for excavations, here's a discription of my (possible) play style if this was implemented: deploy excavator, let infested come close, move to top of excavator and use vitrify, kill everyone, move to get energy for excavator, return to excavator, glass wall probaly already has damage, explode it to kill enemies that are probably too close to excavator, let enemies come close again, repeat.
BTW you need to fix her reflections inside the wall because sometimes it becomes so bright I can't see the enemies behind it.

Mag- sorry. No opinion or feedback here. Haven't player with her in a looong time.

Volt- I think the rework is ok. I'm just not too sure about the stun decrease because at high level mission that thing is a life saver. Another thing I would like to know is how will Discharge change its affect on Capacitance Aug? Will it provide more overshield or will it still cap at double (x2) regular max shield (I think that's what I eard on the stream)... Please say it's more.

Zephyr- Tail wind + Dive bomb are now a thing and I think that's good, specially for POE. I just think the hover could have a little freedom of movement. I'm not saying full archwing Titania, but maybe a bit in the four basic (horizontalh directions for a set duration (since Razorwing uses energy drain). This way, it could help with defense or excavations in "open area" or "no ceiling" planet tiles.
About the Tornados, yes. I like the change. Accurate deployment and making then work a bit like Nidus's Larva or Vauban's "blackhole" seems ok. If I could pitch an idea it would be: make the 3 tornados merge into one and explode in the end. Just so we could "shepperd" all the enemies into one place to kill them all in one go.

*Now, about Vex Armor, this is the reason you gave: "we don't want the Teralist defeated in one shot". - Well, he can't. The only one that can do that is Chroma, and ONLY Chroma.
You also said: "This will allow is buff to help other players also take him down." - No, it won't, not without the proper weapons. And for that we already have Octavia and even Rhino's Roar does the job.
The thing is, you decided to change Chroma so that everyone could fight the Teralist, when what you should have made is CHANGE THE TERALIST so that EVERYONE could have a go at it... I am thinking Lephantis, for example. Lephantis is a difficult boss to beat, but the more you progress and the more you know, the easier it gets and at some point you can even do it solo, with ANY frame... The Golem too.
The Teralist is a completly diferent subject: you can't do it with any frame. You need specific weapons. By all means, you need an Operator and a good Amp even. This is why Cetus and POE failed in some aspects. The content is very "oriented" to a specific kind of player(s). Most people comming to the game don't even know what is going on, or have any idea how to beat him, but they want their shot (like Lephantis). Just because "veterans" or savy players do it easelly, is no means an excuse to make it harder for everyone. I admit, I exploited that opening he has, but ever since I got max sindicate at Quills I never went back to fighting the Eidolon. It is time consuming, it is boring (running the same frame, the same weapons, over and over) and ultimatelly if someone fails (which in a squad of 4, 1 is all it takes) the hunt is ruinned... This isn't Raids people. Or at leats, it shouldn't be.

Here's my idea: I want you DE to think about making the (what will be the 'regular') Teralist "fightable" with an Excalibur (or any starter frame), Operator and Mote Amp. Leave Capture or the two new Eidolons to be more challenging, more "high tier". Every frame should at the very leats make him drop an excepional core by stage/member destroyed. Give us Specter Lures (see what I wrote about Specters above) for Quills standing (like Rollers from Steel Meridian). Make it an "everyone can enter" experience, instead of a "because this people are using that exploit, everyone pays".

This is my feedback. Hope it helps.

[PS- I just want to thank whoever reads this for your time and patience. I was very happy to ear of the Ash change because I advocated that exact same change as soon has his last rework was presented. Also, I wrote for Hydroid's pool to move and to have tentacles to drag enemies in, and you did that too. So whoever you are, wherever you are, even if you think this is boring has hell, I want to give you my deepest thanks on letting me, little old me, be a part (even if it is only little part) of this wonderful game. Thank you, and may you (and DE) live long and prosper.]

Edited by (PS4)leonidasx666
Rubble mechanics