Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Temporary Future of Warframe Trials

[DE]Megan

I've done my fair share of trials, like everyday 2016-2017 fair share. I want to believe this is one of those wait and see moments. Megan just doubled down on the removal of trials and said more will be explained at the Dev Stream. So I will reserve my judgement till then.

Until then I'll be spending my time on Reddit and Twitter. More likely to get a response from the Devs there, not here. 

5 minutes ago, --Q--Voltage said:

If just the Jordas Verdict was removed, we would all understand. The Law of Retribution has very few bugs left. I think the reason they are being removed is because DE couldn't think of rewards to make players actually touch more Eidolons, so they killed Trials to make Eidolons look remotely worth people's time.

That is true, but even with all the bugs I'd expect the DE approach would be something like "can get Arcanes from both raids and PoE" instead of "No more raids". Cause it really isn't like DE to kill a game mode. Hope they notice all the negative feedback and reconsider.

I don't raid anymore and have stuck to Conclave for a long time now, and even to me this doesn't feel right at all. As some who raided when very few people did back then, ik how profitable the game mode can be regardless of the bugs.

Why do raids break on some updates anyway? If that's the reason just don't put a high priority on it. Really the raids as they are now are quite challenging, more than a teralyst fight.

Please keep them in until the rework is ready.

Doing a raid is nowhere near the time investment or preparation of a single raid. If that's the case, just make "arcane packs" instead that cost quills rep AND 3x brilliant shards. Goodness knows I need a rep sink. Same RNG but you need to cap the teralyst 3x (or something) to get one.

12 minutes ago, SwollenGoat said:

As an example of how poorly Trials are currently implemented:

I have 300 hours into Warframe. I've never done a trial/raid. I have no idea how or where to access them. I have no idea what an arcane is, what it does or how to acquire one. For me, and I'd assume most new(ish) players, Trials/raids may as well not exist currently. Taking their rewards and putting them into Eidolons is a great idea from my perspective. I actually know how to kill an Eidolon and don't have trouble finding groups to do so.

The thing is that you will never experience the fun of playing the actual trial... I have 2.5k hours and possibly will quit this game after the removal of the thing I play it for

9 minutes ago, --Q--Voltage said:

Abandoning it and leaving it in the game is something that raiders and conclavers alike would understand. Removing content is down right disgusting and spitting in the faces of plenty of people who help keep the lights on and food on the table. Is it a big portion of the players? Of course not, but DE should be valuing players equally, and this is not the case.

That's what they've been doing already as is.  At this point it's a probably a question whether it's even worth the cost of matchmaking servers and hosting leader boards and what not.  Probably not?  Besides, it's not like trials can't get bugged by wider changes to the game.  What would you do if raids got broken by changes to the rest of the game after DE had committed to not doing any further work on trials?

Couldn't have put it in a better way myself Voltage and frankly if this trend keeps up I'll probably quit the game. I'm not going to stay with a game where the only thing left to do is get whatever new item(s) came out this month and level them to 30 because the only somewhat challenging thing left is collecting everything.

24 minutes ago, Hayabusa2461 said:

bcuz people like u warframe is like what it is today and u are just ruining it for us veterans :/

I am a long time player lmao, i love it how people make stupid assumptions with no information :) Being a veteran means nothing except youve played game for long time, it has no bearing on skill,knowledge or gameplay, yet those that quote themsleves as "veterans" think all that applies to the word lol

And i also find those that quote themselves as being "veterans" and "does raids daily" severly lack any skill at anything else in game, as someone that plays in public 24/7 with over 13k missions completed i can safely say a vast majority of long time players are horrible at warframe including those that play raids

19 minutes ago, phoenix1992 said:

I require a quick sanity test from you :

a) If you don't do content due to any reason, does this mean no one else should? Be it PvP, PoE, Fissures, Trials or anything?
b) If you make a statement, can you back it up with source?
c) If you don't care and can't provide sauce, is the only reason for posting personal satisfaction?

read what i put , DE have all the data they need to assume they can remove raids will little impact on a majority of everyday players, dont like it, talk to DE and ask them for the stats

A)I play all content available, just find raids boring, unnecessary and completely pointless, do whatever you want in game, the FACT is , only tiny portion of community does raids

B) De has stats

C) i use sauce on fish and chips, the (source) would be DE

DE, please, reconsider.

This is a terrible move on your part. Eidolon Teralyst fights just for Arcanes alone will not be fun for people farming those Arcanes if they have potato computers. This Plains of Eidolon point you are trying to desperately push across Warframe is not working well for Veterans. Look at the backlash you are receiving from the relics that have been unvaulted with the bounties. It's not even going to matter anyways about the Plains of Eidolon and newer players when the Balor Fomorian is literally going to destroy the ONLY relay New Players can use to get progress the main story and be able to fight said Eidolons. Whatever happened about you saying you'll give us an option to rebuild relays DE? Whatever happened? Are you just going to screw over new players when this Balor Fomorian destroys the Mercury relay, and they can't fight said eidolon because the Saturn Junction is locked behind the "New Strange" quest which requires you to go to relay to get scanners and traps so you can synthesize targets, which means you are locking out the only way for you fight said Eidolon after a certain quest all the way at the Sedna junction?

Regardless, this new system will go down the tube for Veteran players because a lot of the veteran community you are trying to keep are going to be so fed up with the Plains of Eidolon patches you are putting out just to make the plains look like this shiny new paradise that it's supposed to be. Some PCs and even laptops cannot handle the plains and just instantly crash, or they get disconnected from their party, and eventually have to go back to the orbiter and find a new party.

Another thing is this is going to dilute the Arcane market so much because if you don't do this right if you do it, so many Arcanes are going to be just shoved onto the market because almost every Eidolon will drop one every time someone does a certain task. Raids distribute the Arcanes very well, as you can only get one every day, and even then it's only a chance you'll get a very good one. Certain Arcanes go for a lot of platinum on the market, and it will not help you earn money by diluting one of the markets that earns you money in the long run, which my case and point is the eidolon gem drop rate increase that you did within the past few patches. 

DE, please, just reconsider this, this is not a very good decision.

3 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

and tons of mayhem (the good kind)!

Hahahah~
No~~~

On the end of making Arcanes more accessible and putting them on Teralysts that's fine, the rewards they give right now are fairly lacklustre for the kind of work you put into the fights unless you use a broken setup like Chroma. That being said those fights need their own look through and balance rework, they're absolutely not fun, especially alone.

Pushing for PoE so hard is gonna end up backfiring sooner or later though, with so many big updates coming in all at once with little to no proper spacing or proper fixes for the already rushed content you're putting out you'll just wear us and yourselves out.

Meh. Good luck~

9 minutes ago, xXHobbitXx said:

read what i put , DE have all the data they need to assume they can remove raids will little impact on a majority of everyday players, dont like it, talk to DE and ask them for the stats

I did read what you put, but did you read what I asked?

8 minutes ago, xXHobbitXx said:

A)I play all content available, just find raids boring, unnecessary and completely pointless, do whatever you want in game, the FACT is , only tiny portion of community does raids

"a) If you don't do content due to any reason, does this mean no one else should?", not about your feelings about the content.

9 minutes ago, xXHobbitXx said:

B) De has stats

Do you have those stats, and can you show them to me?

10 minutes ago, xXHobbitXx said:

C) i use sauce on fish and chips, the (source) would be DE

"is the only reason for posting personal satisfaction?" - so yes.

Typical response from DE, sweep it under the rug and say you'll get back to it later. They playfully label it "Soon", "fashion frame is end game". If it affects veterans forget it was there. Meanwhile new players will kiss up to it in an echo chamber with no idea what's ahead for them and say something snarky or snide to experienced players actually trying to defend the playerbase long term (because hey, now those veterans can't have something I can't so it's all good now, it's "fair").

How many times have we seen something like this? It's been a slippery slope but man does this game suck now and somehow somewhere people support all this. I thought it was bad and it only seems to be getting worse. What is with these decisions? How many more people is it going to take trying to warn the train is falling off the rails. This will go wrong, when it does nobody won't have seen it coming for many months with the decisions pushed to the game. There's really a simple answer to all this. . GREED

30 minutes ago, Gryphticon said:

If you don't support raids because other people feel very strongly about raids then I doubt you would ever had supported raids in the first place.

Hey I'm just trying to help.

There is nothing wrong with feeling strongly about something. It's just not the best idea to be ridiculing/alienating the bulk of the games population. Cause the people those people are looking down on are the ones they need on their side if they want that thing they care very strongly about to continue being a thing.

If I've learned anything in my years of being a people it's that people are capricious. When you are dealing with a whole bunch of ambivalent people you want to be nudging them towards being capricious in your favor not the other way around. 

This is really, really disappointing... Raids are the biggest reason I even log into the game at the moment, and like always it's how I'll slowly get back into the game after a break due to burnout. I have spent hours and hours teaching other raids, and many more running them myself with pubs. This really feels like a slap in the face.

EDIT - and a clannie just brought up how the Hema costs were left alone to prevent 'the devaluation of effort' of those who had completed it. I'm not certain how this is any different, unless the drop rates are going to be awful moving forward. Would it be so terrible to have some consistency?

I mean I wont miss them. They were mad boring and nothing but a credit farm to me at least. Could just 4 man them easily, at least LoR. And from what I been reading JV has been bugged to hell anyway hence why I didnt even touch it, beside from arcanes being kinda supbar and only useful for min maxing honestly.

As someone who has played all 3 raids tons of times , Raids were one of those things that actually required good teamwork to achieve . The people who play raids everyday ( or frequently) know how important it is for them in this game. 

While i support DE's decision finally taking time to rework raids , I'm still gonna be totally against the temporary removal of them . Things can still be worked on without necessarily removing them from the game .

Raids are one of the few game modes that let players win something with equal amounts of hard work and form higher level communities. 

*I'm totally against this and I hope that the Devs reconsider this change.

Archived