Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Temporary Future of Warframe Trials

[DE]Megan

As for challenge itself.. there was no challenge at all with the raids.

Being temporary or not, I like the idea of DE to "work on them later"... But yeah, I have to agree erasing that content of the game for the sake of progress will remove some community interest in the game.

I'd say remove the arcanes, But keep the raids in with some more generic rewards. yes it will be way less interesting for the reward. but at least that way they cant be forgotten, and those who like the actual runs can still go on with them

It will not be ideal. But definitely a more ideal situation for those who like the content.

2 minutes ago, Eureka.seveN said:

Disagree with you. Raids are completely unfun and provided nothing to this game, if they removed this and conclave and focused more on the horde shooting aspect of the game. Then I am satisfied.

I rather have good content for veterans that is consistent with the game horde shooting which it excels in than  trials. they have been as waste of resources and few people play them

RSB is also nothing special, they have no leverage in raids.

Completely agree, just cause some so called vets dont like raids being removed, you cant assume all vets like or want raids to stay, you will find its a very small group of people that do raids daily, but your all very vocal, thats why you assume EVERYONE wants them, they provide nothing to gameplay and what is gained from raids, ie: arcanes, will still be available, so no loss except a buggy lifeless boring raid system

I am an avid raider. I LOVE to raid.  It's fun and I've met a lot of wonderful people through Raid School Bus's discord. I have been playing warframe for 4+ years.  I remember when the dark sectors went into armistice nearly three years ago.  Please understand that I did not support the toxic game play that was born of it.... BUT...Alliances took a massive hit to their communities when it was shut down... communities that had flourished.  Seeing this kind of thing repeating itself with the raiding community saddens me. I was silent then, but I can NOT be silent now.  I think a balanced compromise would be to work on the replacement while leaving raids in the game for those of us that enjoy them to continue playing.  

2 minutes ago, Stoner said:

Yup! I'm fine if they remove them with the intention to shift all work towards raids to get them back as quick as possible. But we both know DE doesn't work that way....

Why would they need to be removed to be worked on in the first place? Why can't they just work on them and release updates as they go?

Devstream #106 this Friday will have a raw view on our decision to temporally remove Trials. 

We (as humans and also players of Warframe) feel bad about having Trials out there unsupported, but we can feel your emotions on the decision to temporarily remove them as well.

You server folk taught me raids, were great company through the entire time, after which I ended up bringing a couple people into raids too, and taught them - had even more fun doing that. The driver at the time was Shiva, god bless his soul. I just don't know how to feel about all this crap. Since the volt pa when I picked the game up again I can't recall a worse $&*^ move from DE, it's even fascinating to some extent how a company can fail so horribly. Guess we can only wait and see where this S#&$fest will bring us.

Our lord and savior Voltage!

Vets already had difficulty in finding enjoyment out of the game. There is no endgame at all and the rest is endless grind. Focus system requires alot of grind for too less good perks. Incomming nerfs to ember and chroma break my heart, they were some of my favorite frames. On topic of ember, since I used her so much, if you play her correctly that is use her 2 alot you can deal alot of dmg and still have awesome range. Using your 2 often requires interactive gameplay and not just put 4 on and leave it like DE thinks. Do I care for atlas or zephyr? Not at all.

Back on topic. Raids is content that kept vets active in the way that they tried to speedrun it or did daily raids with friends and clanmates and alot of teamwork to get good results. PoE or terelysts will never give us this same group feeling. Vets can solo eidolon super easy. This is a major mistake on DEs part and will hurt a huge amount of vets and casuam players that wanted to try raids alike.

Hopefully this post gets the attention it needs and deserves. 

Il y a 2 heures, [DE]Megan a dit :

First of all, I can’t believe we have a game full of 5+ years of content that is continuing to grow and shape into what we call Warframe today!

Спасибо за игру и развитие проекта !

I had always hoped to see the day we get a Nightmare Jordas Verdict. This is the complete opposite. I have put so much time into raiding with my friends and clan mates. I had provided feedback under various forum posts and popular YT videos just as any other raider. The raiding community has made sure it’s voice was heard as we struggled with bugs and other game breaking things. And now, we get this. 

There was a Devstream or two before Tennocon 2017 where Steve said that raids would not be touched, and that it seemed no more would be made. This was a sad thing to find out, but I eventually understood why. Raids were dying but those players who did raid stayed committed. We asked for NM JV or a Corpus Raid, but we unfortunately did not prevail. 

I understand time is a big factor for designing raids, and I’m sure it wouldn’t make sense to put effort towards a project only 2% of the game’s player base would enjoy, but trust me, I can guarantee it would make someone’s day so much brighter. 

As a fellow Tenno, I have to trust DE with these upcoming changes. I understand it is temporary, and I am sure that in the end it will probably turn out for the better. But not this time. Just for this one instance, please do not remove raids. If this is an attempt to improve them, I don’t understand what temporarily removing them will yield. 

I totally agree here. Been playing from U17.2 not that old but still...  raids have been the only thing that kept me playing. They don't realise that their "focus on new players" is done in a  so bad way it makes the new players do 1-2 quests get confused and simply fucc off. They've been killing so many aspects of the endgame it's just ridiculous. 

Just now, [DE]Megan said:

Devstream #106 this Friday will have a raw view on our decision to temporally remove Trails. 

We (as humans and also players of Warframe) feel bad about having Trials out there unsupported, but we can feel your emotions on the decision to temporarily remove them as well.

Then please reconsider your decision of removing them. I'm sure you can perfectly work on them while also keeping them in the game for your players to enjoy. 

DE has made it clear from comments in past devstreams that Trials are not worth the creative investment used to make them. That's why we never got JV Nightmare. That's why we only ever had the two trials to begin with. This change is not surprising in any way.

I remember the old alliance conflicts and how I didn't complain back then, because I trusted DE's promise of bringing them back. Fool me once... won't happen again.

Removing raids is removing the only thing a lot of veterans have left. And with this removal, the nerfs on frames noobs complain about (because they're meta) and the insane and repetitive grind of POE and Eidolons, I doubt I'll invest more time into this game.

1 minute ago, [DE]Megan said:

Devstream #106 this Friday will have a raw view on our decision to temporally remove Trails. 

I really have a question, something that makes me quite annoyed by this decision:
If raids drained the team so much, and there wasnt enough people playing (according to past devstreams) why keeping the conclave alive to begin with? There are always conclave additions, fixes, changes and I rarely see raid fixes during hotfixes and other updates. This makes even less sense considering not even 1% of the players play conclave.

Before all else, read this:

If you want to fix up raids - fix them, THEN remove the old ones. Not the other way around! Don't delete content that people enjoy before you have a replacement for it.

-

-

-

Good lord. I was there for Dark Sectors. Damn that was a lot of fun.

I was there when they were removed.

"They'll come back soon!" you said.

"It needs to be reworked before we release it!" you said.

-

And it's been... what, three years now? And Dark Sectors still haven't returned...

So when you say, and I quote;

all Trials (Law of Retribution/Nightmare and The Jordas Verdict) will be temporarily put to rest, much like the Dark Sector Armistice, for the time being.

It actually reads more like;

We're permanently removing raids and have no intention of ever putting them back in the game.

This is &#! backwards guys. You should keep the raids as they are in their flawed glory for now, THEN phase out the current raids when you have a replacement ready to add to the game.

Removing raids before the replacement is ready? Why? That makes no sense at all.

Furthermore, there's no guarantee there even *will* be a replacement. Remember, it's been three years since Dark Sectors got removed. It would be awful to have to wait 3+ years for raids to return... if they return at all, that is.

You're removing one of the only parts of the game that requires the slightest bit of planning, knowledge, or teamwork. They're a fun change of pace from the rest of the game, and the best way to get affinity boosters, rares, as well as being a nice daily supply of credits and arcanes. I hope you reconsider this.

-

TL;DR -

This is a very bad idea and will piss a lot of people off. Don't just remove content from the game without any reasonable replacement.

Raids are the only reason I felt compelled to join a good clan. They're the only reason I made friends with a lot of people in Warframe. As some of the last content in this game that requires teamwork rather than just rewarding cooperation, they made the game more social and forced me to actually communicate with people

Work on your replacement, without removing the current raids. THEN, when the replacement is ready, do what you have to do.

I think that reworking some drop tables for acanes, buffing, replacing or cepmpletly removing pointless arcanes and fixing bugs in the trials would be enough to do. If they implement another way to get arcanes with the eidolons I would be fine with that. But don't remove trials, it is as pointed one of the few things were communication is needed. In Eidolon hunt you only need the communication of who gets the eidolon lures and when they are charged. Nothing more. Just fix the trials themselves by making the pads in Law of Retribution work and ad way points to the Jordas Raid espacially in Archwing so it is easier to know the way for newer players. Make the raids more userfriendly, fix bugs, change the rewards. Many arcanes are pointless. If you would just remove the ones that can give you a certain cahcne to resist a certain proc you would make the arcane system way more viable. It wouldn't take that much to do those fixes and you could still give the new eidolons the same arcanes. Maybe change the daily limit of only receiving 1 arcane. Make it easier to farm arcanes. So all players can enjoy those boost and farm them. Arcanes are not completly game breaking or a neccessity but they can make your game way more fun and ad a lot of options. Raids are a teameffort were you can use your gear and many frames can be good. Don't just throw away your own, hard work. Try to fix it instead.Don't remove it or put it down temporarly. Just fix it. It would be little effort. I think many players would agree that those slight changes and fixes would make raids more enjoyable for all players and get more people the rewards.

Archived