Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Temporary Future of Warframe Trials

[DE]Megan

11 minutes ago, Percy said:

This. DE seems to not really care about us veterans. They seem only interested in the new player experience. 

for the last 2 years there wasnt a new player experience. 

you wake up underwater only to start drowning

With the dimming candlelight going dark in fewer than 24 hours, I've made a tribute video dedicated to my Friends, Raiders, and the Raid Community. It's been a difficult last three weeks since the announcement for many of us. Raid communities are collapsing, with tears shed and hearts broken as friends and enduring raid groups split up. My intention here is to showcase all of the raids and to keep these memories alive.

Hopefully, DE will see that raids sit comfortably within the realm of the game, while "open world" PoE is less so. Raids represent one of the fastest-paced, thrilling elements of the game. Nothing else in Warframe can match their ferocity. DE must learn from its serious error of killing raids, or risk more players leaving the game for another that actually challenges them. Amputating parts of the game because their bugs are too time consuming to fix sets a terrible precedent for the future of Warframe. Raids must return and soon!

Rest in peace, LoR, LoRNM, and JV.

Good bye raids, I wont miss you.

If you ever come back, better be fixed...

giphy.gif

[ This is my personal opinion, specially after losing raids to afk players, quitters and people that just don't know what they are doing. Raids are just not fun at all. Still I understand and I respect why some people loved them. ]

Raid groups like RSB have exemplified the "players helping players" ethos which has done so much to keep Warframe going over the years. Now we get to see what happens when these players either vanish from the game or find something else to keep them playing,

I'll agree with what some others have said, though:  Teralysts are a different type of challenge, and not a substitute for the style of gameplay found in Trials.

9 hours ago, WolfTitan said:

With the dimming candlelight going dark in fewer than 24 hours, I've made a tribute video dedicated to my Friends, Raiders, and the Raid Community. It's been a difficult last three weeks since the announcement for many of us. Raid communities are collapsing, with tears shed and hearts broken as friends and enduring raid groups split up. My intention here is to showcase all of the raids and to keep these memories alive.

Hopefully, DE will see that raids sit comfortably within the realm of the game, while "open world" PoE is less so. Raids represent one of the fastest-paced, thrilling elements of the game. Nothing else in Warframe can match their ferocity. DE must learn from its serious error of killing raids, or risk more players leaving the game for another that actually challenges them. Amputating parts of the game because their bugs are too time consuming to fix sets a terrible precedent for the future of Warframe. Raids must return and soon!

Rest in peace, LoR, LoRNM, and JV.

4:15 "most of those people are people DE probably paid to shill PoE"

To be honest, if that kind of terrible attitude is common in the raid community, it's pretty hard for me to have sympathy towards them.

On 25/2/2018 at 2:39 AM, (PS4)ChronosHavok said:

My point here is that most of the people who are crying out are the ones who make most of their plat this way.

Wrong, I have 60k and never sold arcanes so at least for me losing raids as a content of the game is more than just crying about a source of plat, raids are fun for some of us and that excuse about that are repetitives is bs, the entire game is so, and even worst talking about that raids are exclusive for some players when people who kill these ugly teralyst are just recruiting 4 damn warframes or you are ignored if you dont own them.

I would like to point out that raids were some of the worse content in the game. Yes, they were "end-game," but were poorly designed and executed. Eidolons are by no means an appropriate replacement, for the record, but given the circumstances what would you have DE do? The two new Eidolons were teased long before the removal of raids was announced, and without proper rewards nobody would play the fresh content. A solution would be to simply leave Raids up, minus rewards and bug fixes, until a complete a revamp, but I can understand why DE would shy away from leaving a festering pile of bugs in their shiny, space-ninja shooter.

24 minutes ago, Colinorus said:

I would like to point out that raids were some of the worse content in the game. Yes, they were "end-game," but were poorly designed and executed. Eidolons are by no means an appropriate replacement, for the record, but given the circumstances what would you have DE do? The two new Eidolons were teased long before the removal of raids was announced, and without proper rewards nobody would play the fresh content. A solution would be to simply leave Raids up, minus rewards and bug fixes, until a complete a revamp, but I can understand why DE would shy away from leaving a festering pile of bugs in their shiny, space-ninja shooter.

I'm assuming we're excluding Index, Rathuum and Endless game types when we say it's the worst.

On 27/2/2018 at 6:22 AM, Pr1A said:

Because let's face it, it's near impossible to find a Trial squad accepting newbies in the recruit chat. 

Same can be applied to Eidolon hunt but seems that nobody cares about that :D and is not "near" it is impossible to find squad if you dont play as chroma/volt/trinity/harrow so.

41 minutes ago, Key said:

Same can be applied to Eidolon hunt but seems that nobody cares about that :D and is not "near" it is impossible to find squad if you dont play as chroma/volt/trinity/harrow so.

I've never seen anyone complain about people's equipment in Teralyst hunts. Almost anything works.

Even Triolyst hunt doesn't really require the "meta" squad, I'd say only Trin is basically a must-have. Chroma/Volt/Trin/Harrow is only required if you wanna tryhard 3-4 Hydrolyst caps per night.

I do think that the upcoming flying Eidolon should encourage using other frames, though.

1 hour ago, TheOldOne said:

Did you intend to comment on the new-format Dark Sector gameplay, or was that just an amusing coincidence? :smile:

Forgot about that. Gotta be honest the idea of endless extermination did sound fun at first and I might have enjoyed endless gamemodes for once, but as it went on it made it sound more like Survival 2.0

Not really endless if you're on a timer.

il y a 20 minutes, LordPreda a dit :

Shouldn't the update removing them drop today?

I was also expecting those endless Kuva missions mentioned in the DS.

It should, still nothing. Either DE noticed how much people scream here or something else is going on. Either way, we will see.

16 hours ago, Percy said:

This. DE seems to not really care about us veterans. They seem only interested in the new player experience. 

Based on what? We can craft anything new nearly instantly due to the piles of resources we have accumulated over the years. Given we know nearly everything about the game, we can plow through any quests that require any kind of story or lore knowledge.

We have a built in advantage for anything new DE introduces. That is what being a veteran in the game means. Quelle surprise they cater to those who haven't burned through every bit of content and those who are most likely to drop a bit of money on it.

5 hours ago, Pr1A said:

4:15 "most of those people are people DE probably paid to shill PoE"

To be honest, if that kind of terrible attitude is common in the raid community, it's pretty hard for me to have sympathy towards them.

Ayyyy, with someone so active on commenting on how bad raids are and attacking those who don't support DE's decision without having done a single trial, I wouldn't be surprised if you eventually became a shill. The true gamers, ones who were actively invested in the game like @zopney who hosted the Tenno Without Borders event to fundraise money for charity, resigned their partnership with DE to effect change - but obviously that didn't work: Scott is either so tone-deaf or oblivious to what gamers want, it's not even funny. Shame on you, Scott.

1 minute ago, WolfTitan said:

Ayyyy, with someone so active on commenting on how bad raids are and attacking those who don't support DE's decision without having done a single trial, I wouldn't be surprised if you eventually became a shill. The true gamers, ones who were actively invested in the game like @zopney who hosted the Tenno Without Borders event to fundraise money for charity, resigned their partnership with DE to effect change - but obviously that didn't work: Scott is either so tone-deaf or oblivious to what gamers want, it's not even funny. Shame on you, Scott.

And now I feel even less bad about their decision.

Just for the record, I don't think I've been "attacking" anyone just for their opinion. I don't really have strong feelings about Trials one way or the other so I'm only trying to see this from DE's point of view. I do understand why some people are pissed off but I believe this wasn't a light decision for DE either. No dev want features they worked on removed without a very good reason.

2 minutes ago, Pr1A said:

Just for the record, I don't think I've been "attacking" anyone just for their opinion. I don't really have strong feelings about Trials one way or the other so I'm only trying to see this from DE's point of view. I do understand why some people are pissed off but I believe this wasn't a light decision for DE either. No dev features they worked on removed without a very good reason.

How do you know it's not a light decision made by DE? Is it because Scott spent a grand total of 60 seconds in Devstream #106 discussing raids? Is it because DE simply moved arcanes from raids to Eidolons willy nilly?

An excuse to amputate parts of a game just because it's too time consuming to fix just wreaks of laziness and unprofessionalism. If you've never done raids, then you won't see that value that it brought to the game. DE's views are clear: they don't raid - Scott says it doesn't fit in with the style of the game (check Devstream #106). My video shows otherwise: raids 100% belong to the game. In fact, it's what the game is all about. High intensity action and cooperative gameplay.

But what do I know? It's been 21 days since the announcement and DE has said nothing further on the matter, which likely means that all of this feedback will fall of DE's deaf ears. What has DE said or done since then to alleviate all of the concerns in this thread? Nothing. Shame. Disgusting. 

Archived