Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Temporary Future of Warframe Trials

[DE]Megan

What is grammar?

Baby don't English,

Don't English,

No more.

No, new players cannot kill Eidolons. In order for a new player to fight an Eidolon they need to complete TWW.

They can be carried, however this is no different to a noob being carried through a raid. Hyperbole.

Ostron standing hasn't changed, so hyperbole.

Vaulted Relics are in arguably higher level missions than before. Instead of getting Axi from level 40 planets on the star chart you have to fight level 50-60 enemies. How is that catering to noobs? Hyperbole. 

As a new player I find this pretty frustrating. There was already no end game for me to work towards and now you're telling me there is less? Now the 5 friends I dragged in to this have no way to ever group together because 2 of us are always going to be left out? No thanks, we always raid together and now we can't here.

DE addressed this partly by stating they are still doing the finishing touches on PoE. Everything we have right now was originally planned for the PoE release. They are not pushing everything into the plains just because. However, I do agree that there is a bit of a dearth of veteran content. Hopefully, Umbra will mitigate this issue.

The unvaulted relics are not supposed to be veteran content so I don't see an issue with them being on the plains.

Raids are broken, DE wants to rework them.

12 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

What is grammar?

Baby don't English,

Don't English,

No more.

No, new players cannot kill Eidolons. In order for a new player to fight an Eidolon they need to complete TWW.

They can be carried, however this is no different to a noob being carried through a raid. Hyperbole.

Ostron standing hasn't changed, so hyperbole.

Vaulted Relics are in arguably higher level missions than before. Instead of getting Axi from level 40 planets on the star chart you have to fight level 50-60 enemies. How is that catering to noobs? Hyperbole. 

That was hilarious....Needs more upvotes just for that opening xD  

On a serious note, these are points I've tried to make elsewhere.  What's frustrating me, and I feel is standing in the way of productive communication on these forums and in-game, is that for everyone who "defends DE", or their choices more specifically in this case, we get labeled as "white knights" and lumped together like some stupid political party....whereas, when someone attacks DE's decisions, they get crucified on the spot and name-called AS WELL.

Personally, I don't care which side of the fence you're on, we're all Tenno here and this crap is getting out of hand.   We CAN have a civil discussion, and nothing is absolute.  

The game is changing, as it always has, often for the better, and will continue to do so whether we choose to agree to it or not.  This is DE's creation, not our own.  We need to get rid of this community's sense of ownership and entitlement towards Warframe, as if somehow we are the sole owners of this great masterpiece. 

Now, I'm not saying DE doesn't mess up here and there...but we ALL do.  And despite this, DE has managed to create a HUGELY successful game on a FREE-to-play business model, AND kept it going for almost 5 years now!  They know what they are doing.

They can't solve all issues at the same time, and adjustments to one end of things are going to upset the other end...that's just how things work.

Maybe we just let the changes play out without killing DE and each other before they do, yeah?

I don't see a difference between carrying new players through raids and carrying them through eidolon fights. And both activities can't be completed by new players alone.

Talking about 8-player experience, it was promised for open-world maps. So I guess we'll just have to wait.

16 minutes ago, Tellakey said:

Hopefully, Umbra will mitigate this issue.

Hope for Tau. Who knows how long we'll have to wait for that, but it's very unlikely that Umbra has anything to do with end-game content.

While I agree that DE is puting too much focus on new players by adding new low-level content (yet claim it to be "aimed at veterans" - good joke btw), I wouldn't say that they're "alienating" Veterans. Some of us, sure, but definitley not all of us.

Personally, I joined in April 2015, and I never bothered for Arcanes, Raids and stuff like that. Hell, only yesterday did I reach MR18. And I got over 1400 hours according to Steam.

I mean, I rarely go hunting Eidolons. Last time I did, I got my first Arcane EVER. (Arcane Tempo, though. Not exactly something to make me flip my s***, know what I mean?) I never even met the new 2 Eidolons yet.

But on another note, if people (those "Raid Communities") played the game ONLY for the raids, I have to say, they were playing the wrong game from the start.

If you ask me, DE should just improve (hell, I might as well say EVEN JUST ADD) a functional tutorial to the game, and focus more on level 40-60 content. That's where most people hang out. Getting past level 1-30 missions isn't exactly hard, and everything above 60 tends to be about as "balanced" as Conclave.

7 minutes ago, chaotea said:

I dont know about any other 'older' players, but im more than happy with the changes. God i hated raids.

Just because you didn't like and didn't play them doesen't mean that a lot of people weren't happy with them. always look at both sides of the coin

1 minute ago, God_of_Salt said:

Just because you didn't like and didn't play them doesen't mean that a lot of people weren't happy with them. always look at both sides of the coin

They never said other players -weren't- happy with them...the poster only spoke for themselves.  Why must everyone attack each other around here?

Just now, (PS4)Taishin_Ishu said:

They never said other players -weren't- happy with them...the poster only spoke for themselves.  Why must everyone attack each other around here?

so what? he says that regarding the change that they got rid of them? so what is your point?

1 minute ago, (PS4)Taishin_Ishu said:

Why must everyone attack each other around here?

Image result for you must be new gif

In regards to the OP, first of all, just because you feel a certain way about how DE is handling all this doesn't mean you should speak for every veteran there is.

And secondly, everyone is acting like raids are going away forever. It's for the time being. How long that time may be, I can't tell you. 

1 minute ago, (PS4)LeBlingKing69 said:

Image result for you must be new gif

In regards to the OP, first of all, just because you feel a certain way about how DE is handling all this doesn't mean you should speak for every veteran there is.

And secondly, everyone is acting like raids are going away forever. It's for the time being. How long that time may be, I can't tell you. 

Nah, I get there is toxicity on forums of all games, I just wanted to believe Warframe had a better community than that. :/

Just now, (PS4)Taishin_Ishu said:

Nah, I get there is toxicity on forums of all games, I just wanted to believe Warframe had a better community than that. :/

Warframe is still a good community as long as you don't look two places: here and Region chat.

1 minute ago, Brahkest said:

I never liked raids. Sucks for those that did. Tho I'm happy I can finally land some arcanes lol

I agree. I'm not saying the raid community's opinions don't matter. I just think they're making a bigger deal out of it than it should have caused.

13 minutes ago, God_of_Salt said:

Depends what you mean by " a lot". In the last graph they've showed of the active playerbase on PC in one month, only 1.29% of it actually played them. Considering the average top playerbase on steam in those 3 months was around 47k, that 1.29% translates to roughly 610 players playing it. The numbers might differ a little bit since we don't know how many people are playing off steam, + the we have the console tenno to account for as well, but even so, the number of players who do raids is miniscule compared to the rest of the community. 

610 might be a lot by itselft, but in comparison to the whole, it's just a tinsy tiny fraction. 

f3dA2s5092HUqflqa4iFNQPtrOJYIDoj_vcT48UM

2 minutes ago, (PS4)LeBlingKing69 said:

Warframe is still a good community as long as you don't look two places: here and Region chat.

I agree. I'm not saying the raid community's opinions don't matter. I just think they're making a bigger deal out of it than it should have caused.

Agreed on both points. xD

I've been saying about the 'night only' eidolons being an issue for ages and most people I know don't like it either.   Like others have said, I (and others who I play with) don't want to play with 'inexperienced' players against the eidolons either, there's not enough time to be 'baby sitting' players when you literally have 50 mins to do the fight. 

As to recent changes alienating older players... it's not recent though, there has been a very clear focus on making life 'easier' for new players for quite a while, things have been made easier or quicker to get etc for quite some time.   You've also got to look at recent changes to frames like ember and some of the reason that's been nerfed is low level players not getting any kills but that's also killed it's high use viability due to no longer having the needed range for firequake builds...

Do I think DE needs to give some love to the vets, yes, we need 'something' that actually challenges us rather than is basically a time sink like the eidolons (they're not hard, they just take time) and in all honesty the rewards aren't exactly that good even with the arcanes.  Arcanes in themselves are ok but it's the drop rate on ones which are actually useful that is the problem and while yes I need focus points, ironically so I can speed up the fight with the eidolon, there is literally nothing else that the eidolon drops that is any use to me now.,,, I'd rather it dropped rare gems (nyth and sentirum) than the mods, which veterans will already have, seeing as the cores go towards quill standing which is one of the heaviest users of the rare gems.

In a way DE are trying to 'make a challenge' to veterans by 'nerfing' frames but then they leave the weapons the same or stronger all while not doing anything about the enemies or even just doing the most simple thing in giving us a 'higher level' start option on all star map locations....

Archived