Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Arcane drops from eidolon should have limits/day

Euphoria

Completely agree. Arcanes will become mundane if there is no cap. Rivens are limited to 1 per day and they are exciting. Arcanes from raids are exciting because there is a 3 arcane limit per day plus the effort. No cap is like mods except they drop 100% of the time and you can easily farm a load of them.

Edited by DeathshotSE

If you could only get 1 per Eidolon per day it would be slower to grind Arcanes than old Trials.

E.g. Arcane Grace had a 14.3% chance to drop from Nightmare Lor, it has a ~5% chance to drop when capturing the Hydrolyst, and Hydrolyst only.

Arcane Energise had a 10% chance to drop from JV, it has the same ~5% chance to drop from capturing the Gauntalyst, again, only the Gauntalyst. 

The Arcane market could do with a reduction in price anyway, but it's not like these top end Arcanes are going to be dropping from the sky.

(Given the above comment, I feel like I need to state that I currently have 2 sets of Arcane Grace, one of which I purchased within the past week. I stand by everything I said).

Edited by DeMonkey

It's not entirely about the value of arcanes that were destroyed. It's about the effort needed to obtain the arcane. Players who have done a few Eidolon runs can easily get 9 arcanes per night. Raids take time to learn and complete, and you could only get up to 3 per day.

So the ones who support an arcane flood in the market are the lazy ones who can't take the time to learn and team up with others to earn arcanes.

10 minutes ago, DeathshotSE said:

Completely agree. Arcanes will become mundane if there is no cap. Rivens are limited to 1 per day and they are exciting. Arcanes from raids are exciting because there is a 3 arcane limit per day plus the effort. No cap is like mods except they drop 100% of the time and you can easily farm a load of them.

To those who cheer for 100% arcane drops who don't have any because they were too lazy or did not want to do raids, I say you are full of yourself and want everything given to you. Rewards like arcanes should only be given to those who work for it.

"To those who cheer for 100% arcane drops who don't have any because they were too lazy or did not want to do raids, I say you are full of yourself and want everything given to you. Rewards like arcanes should only be given to those who pay for it."

i fixed that for you, its fine, no need to thank me!

hunting eidolons isnt having anything given to you, a 5% drop for rarer arcanes isnt "easy" its still work, just less of a slog, it might not take you a full year to get a set yourself instead of having to buy the set you want.

its about damn time the arcane market prices dropped, its been far to expensive for far to long and i say that as someone who has bought 2 full sets of grace and a set of aegis in the past year.

good job DE, im happy you are making arcanes more accessable

Edited by Ocerkin

Yeah yeah, and they should take away the 40p cost on Greater Lenses in the Market, and they should bring back the "No Disposition" Soma Rivens, and they should also lock Frost Prime behind the Void Keys again, and never re-release Ember Prime relics. We get it. This is just one more Market Price drop. Just find the next thing and Farm it and move on. Don't wanna be a jerk about it....but this is sorta a thing that just happens in Warframe Markets.

If it makes you feel any better, my Opticor "Perfect" Riven is probably gonna drop from, like, a 3k plat value to a 200p value once the Riven Re-Dispositions finally rolls out.

Agree with OP, maybe arcanes don't have to be limited to 1 per day, but there should be some sort of limit, otherwise veterans who actually worked for this S#&$ are getting screwed, and thats not fair. Not saying that the Arcane market wasn't stupid, but those who got them in spite of that shouldn't be punished for their effort.

Edited by Snowman486

Just now, WolfTitan said:

So the ones who support an arcane flood in the market are the lazy ones who can't take the time to learn and team up with others to earn arcanes.

Come off it. I raided a bunch with friends, that's how I got my first set of Guardian and Grace, swapping Arcanes around after the mission to those that wanted them. I grew bored at that point, and guessing that the price of Arcanes might increase with the change I spent ~1500 plat on a second Arcane Grace set. 

I still support an increased supply of Arcanes on the market, even if that results in a cheaper price for the set. I will have 0 buyers remorse.

I disagree with limiting the number of arcanes that can be won in a day.

One of my bigger complaints with Raids and the way we used to get arcanes was how limited we were to getting the arcanes only once per raid every 24 hours.

Market prices be damned, I could care less if the arcanes I get are worth a fistfull of platinum, I use them, and have specific arcanes that I want and have wanted for two years now but have been unable to obtain without spending a prime access worth of platinum.

Edited by Giantconch

22 minutes ago, Soribada said:

Raids had limit of 1 per day for a total of 3 JV/LOR/LORNM.

To balance out the arcane market, can we get a limit on how many arcanes you can obtain/day?

Raids are going, times are changing. Learn to adapt, just like the market will have too.

Sorry, but DE should NOT balance things around a player driven market. If all you care about is plat then focus more on Rivens. 

The change is good - arcanes are more easily obtained.

Everyone arguing against this seems to have not bothered to look at the drops. The ones that were rare before are still rare. There is no chance of getting 9 Arcane Grace in one night. Arcanes only drop from one of the three Eidolons. So, at best, you have four chances at it (unless you are just doing Teralyst). It is still much higher than it was, but it’s not the end of the world. Both Arcane Grace and Energize are only available from the Hydrolyst, and only when captured. 

37 minutes ago, rapt0rman said:

Personally, I say screw the original acquisition method, and good riddance. Needing 10 stacks to complete an arcane is already bad enough.

I'd like to see operator arcane and amp arcane drop or something along those lines. We need 10 stacks of those too and they take way more work to acquire. You have to be a certain rank in Quills to buy the bps and a certain rank Ostron to ger materials to build them. These arcane also don't give revives. Kinda seems backwards that before a player could access the gear to beat an eidolon they could get taxi'd to an eidolon battle and carried through it for these seemingly higher tier reward arcane.

I just don't see their vision when putting that 100% drop chance for arcanes even with their drop tables being weighed appropriately for rare arcanes. Once players get a full set of whatever arcane they want, they will lose the incentive to farm Eidolons for arcanes anymore. If the drop chance was say 50%, they would effectively double the longevity of Eidolons. Yes, that would on average double the player's time required to farm the arcane set, but is that necessarily bad for the game? Arcanes and the ideal Rivens were the only functional end-game that I saw (functional as in it made you better or stronger, etc.).

Edited by DeathshotSE

I completely disagree with OP. It's hard enough getting 10 of each arcane you want for each warframe and syandana you want. And I don't want to to be restricted to either swapping out arcanes every time I switch warframe or fashion preset (Because i do this basically every other mission) or to getting 600 arcanes for each helmet and syandana i use. Which is like every warframe x6 for each unique fashion pallet I use.

I'm also not interested in paying 100+ plat for 1 Decent arcane. Arcanes aren't even noticeable until you get them to rank 2 or 3 

I agree with OP in the sense that before, having Arcanes meant putting effort in. It took me 300 JVs to get my 2 Energize sets, that's 300 consecutive days of playing a raid. Now, while it is limited by the dropchance of 5%, I doubt it will take anyone 300 days to acquire two energize sets.

But I can see the bright side as well, after doing 300 Lors I've gotten 7 Arcane Avengers, earlier today I got my 8th one from the second Hydralist I've beaten.

Now, the problem I see with Arcanes being widely available is not me losing out on plat, I've got enough of that by now. It's also not me losing my status of saying hey look at me I'm running a 45% efficiency Ember and it works. No, it is me looking into the near future and seeing everyone running that 45% efficiency Ember and DE giving us the finger and nerfing Arcanes because they think such things shouldn't be possible. And this just because it's doesn't require any commitment to get to these levels of insanity anymore and every casual player will have access to it.

Now, if DE will not do this, very well I've been wrong to assume so but their latest moves of "balancing" metaframes just for the reason that they're very efficient in certain grindy aspects of the game tell me otherwise. (Especially looking at Ember here but also the lackluster "rework" of Chroma, which just resulted in Rhino being the new damage dealing frame in Eidolon Hunts)

42 minutes ago, Radagosh said:

it is me looking into the near future and seeing everyone running that 45% efficiency Ember and DE giving us the finger and nerfing Arcanes because they think such things shouldn't be possible. And this just because it's doesn't require any commitment to get to these levels of insanity anymore and every casual player will have access to it.

Same. With more arcanes available means in the future, arcanes are just another "mod" you put on your frame (assuming the arcane 2.0 installment to each warframe comes). Every casual player will eventually have sets of arcanes which will make us more powerful and DE will most likely start buffing enemies or nerfing us because too many people are making the game easy. Arcanes haven't caused any direct nerfs because only a few players were able to used it to make OP builds. When those OP builds become the meta, expect the whining and raging to come.