Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Harrow in late game

(PSN)SirLongJonBremne

So I recently got Harrow and put a build together from what I saw on some YouTube videos and was quite enjoying the frame. I love the way his abilities work together, he's supportive but in a new way, and his fashion frame is quite nice as well. So I decided to see how he would do on MOT in the void. To my surprise I felt he was far squishier then I thought he would be. I leveled him on hydron and he seemed just fine, but in the void with 2k sheilds and full health I got one shot out of no where (after about 16ish minutes). Thurible while a great ability leaves me no choice but to cower in a corner hoping to not be discovered. So I was just wondering if y'all thought that Harrow is good for end game level content? Interested to hear your opinions. 

Edited by (PS4)SirLongJonBremne

I can never use Harrow in high-level content because he's unimaginably squishy. QT doesn't seem to help either, since I still die at the same speed, but now when I down I lose all my energy. (Yay quick thinking...) I have yet to find a build that works well in content over level 50 :\

He’s amazing at high end content. Try getting his new augment, that’s really good for “high end” content, and use the ability which gives you energy for kills (forgot its name) with it.

Well, I think he is anyways.

Spoiler

I don’t have him, since his grind is really bad.

Edited by EndermanBeast

I guess you could say your experience that time was Thurible. :devil:

On a more serious note, he's not a tank. He's support. He can tank a bit with that overshield, but he's far more useful providing energy and making everybody invincible. He's especially good with eidolon hunting (viable endgame to some) and I do often see him requested in late game content. In addition to that, playing high level missions with them recently and they don't seem to require revives a lot. Maybe it's your mods and loadout? 

2 minutes ago, Minatos_Gordem said:

I guess you could say your experience that time was Thurible. :devil:

On a more serious note, he's not a tank. He's support. He can tank a bit with that overshield, but he's far more useful providing energy and making everybody invincible. He's especially good with eidolon hunting (viable endgame to some) and I do often see him requested in late game content. In addition to that, playing high level missions with them recently and they don't seem to require revives a lot. Maybe it's your mods and loadout? 

Could be I have: vitality, vigor and redirection, intensify, primed continuity, streamline, flow, and stretch on my current build. To be honest though it may also have been that my party wasn't very good, two of them were dying every 2min or so even with me having penance going at all times.

6 minutes ago, EndermanBeast said:

He’s amazing at high end content. Try getting his new augment, that’s really good for “high end” content, and use the ability which gives you energy for kills (forgot its name) with it.

Reveal hidden contents

I grinded him out solo and just in fun factor I'd say it was worth while.

Just now, (PS4)SirLongJonBremne said:

Could be I have: vitality, vigor and redirection, intensify, primed continuity, streamline, flow, and stretch on my current build. To be honest though it may also have been that my party wasn't very good, two of them were dying every 2min or so even with me having penance going at all times.

Not an expert on builds for him so I'll let someone else do the advice on that. It certainly sounds like a good setup but like I said, I'm no expert. Your party is definitely a contributing factor, as they help kill things and support/tear down the team based on what they're doing.

7 minutes ago, Demoonic said:

I can never use Harrow in high-level content because he's unimaginably squishy. QT doesn't seem to help either, since I still die at the same speed, but now when I down I lose all my energy. (Yay quick thinking...) I have yet to find a build that works well in content over level 50 :\

I'm inclined to agree with ya, I have 3 survivability mods on him and I have to dance around a lot to avoid fatal DMG. Which makes it difficult to land those head shots let alone cast thurible. 

5 minutes ago, (PS4)SirLongJonBremne said:

I grinded him out solo and just in fun factor I'd say it was worth while.

It’s taken me 50 runs on that S#&&#036 Kuva Spy, and still not 1 S#&&#036 Neuroptics BP.

and don’t get me started on Defection.

Edited by EndermanBeast

3 hours ago, EndermanBeast said:

Hide contents

But yet you still feel you're qualified to talk about using him in late game? :)

I love the experts on the internet

Long and short, Harrow has nice buffs etc but you'd need something like a decent CC (crowd control) weapon to give you time for the casts etc and overall your loadout requires a bit more synergy than a few other frames in order to make the most out of him and to keep him alive for longer.

Harrow is squishy because shields are unbelievably trash in this game. They don't work off of armor, so they have no damage reduction which is crucial for high end survival when enemies hit like trucks. Thats why frames that do get armor buffs like chroma or inaros, or frames with invisibility like Loki or Ivara; are more effective since they can tank/avoid that hard hitting damage. 

My opinion is that DE should buff shields so they won't be useless in higher end content.

4 hours ago, EndermanBeast said:

Reveal hidden contents

His augment is actually pretty bad for stuff like mot, since it makes his 4 non-spammable (the damage absorption skill) because the augment increases the duration of the crit buff for every headshot. 

Spoiler

Also his grind Isn't that bad, it only took me 33 runs to get the systems....

4 hours ago, Demoonic said:

Use his 1 actively to always keep shields up

Have his 2 active all the time or as much as you can so you heal whenever you do damage, increase fire-rate/attack speed/ reload speed

Try to have his 3 active even if just for 6-7 en per kill , because if you get a headshot it will add up. 

He's incredibly survivable at high levels because of his high support and high cc capabilities, but you need to use his powers constantly, he's just not a firearm only frame. 

Edited by aligatorno

Harrow's no tank, but he isn't that squishy if you know what you're doing.

- use Condemn when you have spare energy to keep mobs that would otherwise surround you in check. it's not the greatest CC in the world, but it's better than nothing and it'll make headshots for Thurible easier.

- keep Penance up as much as possible, and when you need to recast it, make a tactical retreat around cover to avoid getting shot while your shields regen. it would help if you are using a Sentinel with the Guardian Mod, as it'll instantly restore your shields fully after casting Penance.

- use Thurible at the start of the mission for energy. even if you only get 3 or 4 energy, it'll mount up when you get headshots. AoE weapons synergize beautifully with Thurible when you land a shot in a group.

- save Covenant for desperate situations, the invul only lasts for 10 seconds so you can't be reliant on it. use that time to get to a better location (ideally further away from enemies) and to recast Penance. (literally the best time to cast Penance as they can't hurt you.)

for the record, my build focuses heavily on Duration and Strength. I can max out my energy long before my first cast of Thurible has even ended and then it's just a case of recasting Penance and Condemn to control the battlefield, but always making sure there's enough energy for Covenant if it is needed.

trust me Harrow is more than capable of surviving Mot. it's just that old T4 damage multiplier that's the problem.

Try getting Natural Talent on him, it speeds up his animations a great deal. This gets your Thurible stacks up quicker aswell as letting you get out of Covenant quicker to kill things or use Penance/Thurible. Also save Covenant for when things are getting thick, this lets it quickly build up damage needed for the crit % buff, which in turn means if the mobs arent dead when the invulnerability ends, atleast the group will be majorly buffed to finish the rest.

But I mean, as long as you keep killing enemies, you keep healing. Just use your 1 a lot. Stunning all enemies in range should be priority number one, then kill them once they're stunned to heal yourself and get energy back. Use your 4 to become invulnerable whenever possible.