Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I dislike how DE treats half a century old gamers(or older) in sorties

(PSN)aiptekfanboy

25 minutes ago, Clinnger said:

Could utilize the hacking mod:

latest?cb=20171007151113

As of right now, it's useless in most cases, suggestion: in addition to added duration for hacking, add slower speed on grineer hacking.

OP already uses it, it's in the second part of their post.

5 hours ago, (XB1)Soulchilde said:

This... anytime I see a sortie spy mission I just skip sorties for that day

I do this when I see Defection mission in sortie list.  Added with Kela and Vey Hek.  Yes, they can be done, but why go through that headache. :smile: 

19 hours ago, MagPrime said:

This isn't a competition to see who has a bigger disability and can still play the game effectively. 

The very title of this thread is an accusation, please, shove down that false morality back wherever it came from

OP spoke for a whole category of persons, which, due to the injuries I experienced, I can relate to and tell you it is not an excuse to make such a ridiculous suggestion that would affect the game for everybody else, setting the bar lower, as always. 

You know what tendons are used for? You know what it means to blow them? Obviously not, it's worse than what TC has, with occupational therapy and rehabilitation you recover those movements. IT IS a matter of trying hard enough, it's easier to blame others or life itself.

So I'm sorry, it was a pertinent example, not a competition. 

He also isn't a representative of elderly players, as per the others on this very thread who claimed otherwise.

What a boring time we live in.

False morality at its prime. 

Edited by (PS4)cdzbrbr

hi, im 31 years old.

two weeks ago my 23 years of playing videogames finally caught up to me and my dominant hand (right) got seriously hurt, to the point the wrist hurt so much i couldn't sleep..

i can still do hacking in sorites, even if i forget intruder.. but im not as fast as i was, and when my hand is hurting to the point where i cannot hold the controller, running around spamming my melee button or constantly mashing the trigger on a semi automatic is flatout impossible.

anyways, i get carried away easily with games, playing a hour long survival at random last night left my hand which has been having problems so sore i had to ice my entire arm down... granted i was giggling and giddy because it was just me and one other and there was no prior interaction between us before being randomly popped into that match and staying there for 64 minutes (my hand really did start failing again).

people cannot just infinitely do what they love, its a fact of life. however "maybe you should so something else" is extremely nonconstructive.. getting older is already inherently unfair enough as it is.

personally i say join a good clan, do dailies with friends. if you cannot do something, warframe does have some good communities that are willing to help.

I can sympathize with your experience. I'm still young but I have a somewhat similar issue to yours but mine is related to my anxiety and how it affects both my muscle movements, thought processes and focus when trying to solve these puzzles in sorties. Despite the stress it causes me, I've worked hard to improve on Spy missions by practicing on my own but it's very disheartening to get through to a spy node without sounding alarms just to mess up because my brain and body went haywire under the stress trying to solve the puzzle. My hands shake tremendously, I sweat profusely and even get lightheaded whenever I do spy missions. People try to help me by telling me it's just a game and not to worry too much about it, but when you have an actual disability, reminding yourself that it's just a game or not a big deal does not help at all. 

I really don't know what the solution to this is nor how it can be done without negatively affecting other portions of the player base but I would like DE to consider changes. Perhaps allowing ciphers, maybe have it cost more than one cipher to solve? Until then, or even if it never changes, I'll simply avoid doing them. 

Edited by Threa

13 hours ago, Baerath said:

In my opinion it's not the developers responsibility to cater toward the disabled and they can't really be expected to think of everything that might impact their player base.  However, if they can implement measures to make it easier it's a boon.  I pay the price for pushing myself but it's my choice and I'm not being forced to do so.  Without things like toggled-keybinds I'd be in a world of hurt so I'm glad when things like that do exist.

Don't get me wrong though, there's no harm/shame in asking for it and if you don't they'd never know about it to begin with.

Very well said. I don't expect or feel entitled to changes just because I'm disabled and unable to participate in a certain aspect of the game, but having a discussion about it and bringing it up for the consideration of others, including DE harms no one. I like to believe we live in a world where even in games, we try to help out each other as much as possible and find balanced compromises so everyone has an enjoyable gaming experience. Simply not saying anything, or not providing feedback does not help games improve or evolve. 

20 hours ago, MagPrime said:

This going to come across as snarky but, you do realize there is also a main post that further expands on what the issue is, right?

Not everyone puts the entirety of their post in the title. 

A Title says a lot about your post however and in this case its a title implying that DE has it out against certain age groups. Now whatever you chose to fill the first post with a tone has been set. 

DE have made a system that's about as Universal as it come for these interactions ~ that someone has trouble with these is not a attack on those people, its that they are outside of the Greater sum of what something has been made to used by. Unless they come up with some way to Swipe your ID card a game isnt going to know or care if its player is 5 or a 105.

Edited by AzureTerra

5 hours ago, (PS4)cdzbrbr said:

The very title of this thread is an accusation, please, shove down that false morality back wherever it came from

OP spoke for a whole category of persons, which, due to the injuries I experienced, I can relate to and tell you it is not an excuse to make such a ridiculous suggestion that would affect the game for everybody else, setting the bar lower, as always. 

You know what tendons are used for? You know what it means to blow them? Obviously not, it's worse than what TC has, with occupational therapy and rehabilitation you recover those movements. IT IS a matter of trying hard enough, it's easier to blame others or life itself.

So I'm sorry, it was a pertinent example, not a competition. 

He also isn't a representative of elderly players, as per the others on this very thread who claimed otherwise.

What a boring time we live in.

False morality at its prime. 

Yes, yes.  You win.  You're so much worse off than the OP and are capable of doing better.  

Congratulations, would you like the gold cookie now or later?

3 hours ago, AzureTerra said:

A Title says a lot about your post however and in this case its a title implying that DE has it out against certain age groups. Now whatever you chose to fill the first post with a tone has been set. 

DE have made a system that's about as Universal as it come for these interactions ~ that someone has trouble with these is not a attack on those people, its that they are outside of the Greater sum of what something has been made to used by. Unless they come up with some way to Swipe your ID card a game isnt going to know or care if its player is 5 or a 105.

The hilarious thing is, we are actually in agreement.  But since you don't seem interested in responding to the post where I say basically the same thing, we now get to argue about the idiocy of poorly made titles. 

The title is misleading - I even posted that on the previous page - as have many topics on this forum over the years.   You're going out of your way to misinterpret what OP is saying, intentionally, for what reason? 

It's clear the title isn't accurate, so why are you fixated on that innacuracy instead of participating in the topic?

7 hours ago, MagPrime said:

Yes, yes.  You win.  You're so much worse off than the OP and are capable of doing better.  

Congratulations, would you like the gold cookie now or later?

I would like nothing; I won nothing here.

You won't ever see me asking for pity or charity unlike 98% of the threads on this forum created by overly sensitive people.

'X sorties and no riven', 'DE why do you hate me', 'DE why do you hate X'.

Gimme a break.

30 minutes ago, (PS4)cdzbrbr said:

I would like nothing; I won nothing here.

You won't ever see me asking for pity or charity unlike 98% of the threads on this forum created by overly sensitive people.

'X sorties and no riven', 'DE why do you hate me', 'DE why do you hate X'.

Gimme a break.

Sounds like you need a break from the forums, honestly. You're going to constantly find people who meet your definition of whining and you won't ever be able to stop them.

/shrug

Reading this thread, and considering my experience with this, my question is what is the purpose of Hacking in Warframe? Is it intended as a Skill check? Gear check? What can be added to the experience here? I've often PuG'ged Sortie Spy, knowing that as long as anyone unsure of the Vaults does not trip one of the Alarms that I can handle all three and don't care if the rest of the squad spends the time playing Soccer with the enemy Helmets.

As we see in Spy Vaults, part of the challenge is learning how to get to the terminals and then once at the Terminal we have the Grineer Tumbler and Corpus Circuit minigames.

The first thing we had to deal with Vaults was Stealth Frames, Ciphers, the Intruder mod and Liset Air Support Alarm delay. So essentially Gear Checks, until you knew exactly how to bypass the Vault defenses to reach the Terminal, at which point a Cipher bypassed the Minigame.

In Sortie, the mini-game is implied to be a Skill Check where the Intruder mod and Liset Air Support still have a role.

So I wonder, if we extend the avenue of Gear Check into Sortie, with a few new Additions? If it's a matter of adding items to the game and keeping Hacking as a skill check for Sortie then how about:

• Primed Intruder
  • Shade Hacking Mod - idea being that other Sentinels have several Precept mods, so why no grant at least one of the Sentinels a new mod that say Suda or Simaris carries that works on Hacking? That way Shade can either Hack for us, or stack further with the likes of what Intruder does for us in the Minigame.
  • Allow Ciphers to play a role in Sortie Hacking where they may add time to how long we have to hack, or just directly incrementally assist in solving the Puzzle for us.

Could such steps be of help? As I get that asking for help in Clan or even Recruit Chat is certainly other avenues to pursue if nothing is added to how this works, either way I am curious to learn what Hacking is intended for in Warframes gameplay, nonetheless and if such additions could be enough?

Edited by o.0-

This is one of those moments when somebody 50+ could do something very simple instead of make unwarranted malicious forum posts about how "DE is treating them."  Ever thought of asking for help?  I've worked in a nursing home, and so I certainly understand how aging can limit even the most basic of tasks for people, but elderly people generally don't turn around and say the government is treating them bad because they can no longer walk across town to the store and do go shopping easily.  No, they ask for help.  A very simple and effective concept.  It really isn't the world's job to bend to you, it's your job to be humble enough to ask for help when you need it.   

You have Region chat at your disposal, other players who would be more than willing to help.  You're not even as elderly as the people I've worked with, but there's a point you have to drop that stubborn "I can do everything on my own" attitude.  Relying on people isn't a sin :/ 

Edited by (PS4)lagrue

On 3/26/2018 at 1:41 AM, Toran said:

The new F-4 jets? Like the new ones from 1960? Or the very new F4 Phantom RF from 1978, when you were 10 (and older)?

My hint: leave the data retrieval to the other dudes in Sorties or ignore Spy missions altogether (latter works like a charm for me).

1980 Torrejon de Ardoz, Madrid, Spain Airforce base F4 Phantom RF and of course the shot up from Vietnam jets they tossed at us also.

I am just asking why theres no alternative for older gamers other than skip or ask someone to do it?

Imagine if the attitude of Warframe were the same in other areas?

I.e. hey there wheelchair just either skip that building with a lot of stairs or ask others to carry you to the entrance?

Or at the marathon ? come on there old folks do the four minute miles or burst a heart but run faster to keep up with those youngsters?

Getting back to the issue why is there no Warframe market item to buy with platinum to fix this issue? (the hacking time and not the issue of old and slow running).

34 minutes ago, (PS4)aiptekfanboy said:

1980 Torrejon de Ardoz, Madrid, Spain Airforce base F4 Phantom RF and of course the shot up from Vietnam jets they tossed at us also.

I am just asking why theres no alternative for older gamers other than skip or ask someone to do it?

Imagine if the attitude of Warframe were the same in other areas?

I.e. hey there wheelchair just either skip that building with a lot of stairs or ask others to carry you to the entrance?

Or at the marathon ? come on there old folks do the four minute miles or burst a heart but run faster to keep up with those youngsters?

Getting back to the issue why is there no Warframe market item to buy with platinum to fix this issue? (the hacking time and not the issue of old and slow running).

Your problem has nothing to do with being older.  Stop saying that.  Your issue is a physical impairment effecting aspects of the game.  

Now, have you tried using something besides what you currently use?  A different input medium or playing on PC with kb/mouse?

Edited by DatDarkOne
edited

5 minutes ago, BladeRambler said:

Hi OP, can you elaborate which puzzles give you difficulties? I'm guessing the Grineer ones are the problem as they require very quick button presses, but I'm curious which version gives you the most troubles.

Both as they require many button presses in a short time span its like going to the arcade and trying to do master levels button presses with a newcomer slow speed aka fails.

But eh just going to contact support and see what they say?

I prefer the cypher game from Mass Effect Andromeda where it took thinking to do the cyphers instead of squirrels on sugar rush

6 minutes ago, DatDarkOne said:

Your problem has nothing to do with being older.  Stop saying that.  Your issue is a physical impairment effecting aspects of the game.  

Now, have you tried using something besides what you currently use?  Like using a controller instead of KB/mouse.  

I am on PS4 so I do have 2 fully charged controllers and this topic is the same as my older friends wanting self driving vehicles.

In my case its either wait a few hours till the younguns get home from university or bother some passing strangers or wait half an hour or more till someone in region recruitment can help or hope that someone in clan can help and then the problem becomes why am I sitting here watching a scrolling chat screen when instead I can watch Altered Carbon, Gotham, Westworld, The 100, The Colony, Black Mirror, Lucifer, Game of Thrones, Into the Badlands, Legion, Limitless, Almost Human, Black Lightning, Flash, Supergirl, Krypton, Agents of Shield, Strike Back, Taken are a few shows I watch on my laser projector.