Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Tennocon relay key is a horrendously executed idea

Xianyu

For those that don't know, the tennocon digital tickets come with a 'tennocon relay access key' that will work during the tennocon weekend and give access to Baro, selling everything he has ever had.

Everything.

All of his primed mods, his weapons, his fashionframe accessories, all of it.

For one weekend.

Has no one else seen the gaping flaw in this yet?

We get salty manlets using mommy's credit cards to DDoS the game every single time Baro comes around with something they're hoarding. Do you think the weekend that everyone is away at tennocon while Baro is selling literally everything he has ever had is going to go peachy?

It's not even a question of 'if'. There will be a DDoS that weekend. The game will be unplayable.

Why is it even time locked anyway? Just make the key work for a month. Nobody has the capital to #*!% with a game of this size for a month at a time. Sure, the first few days will be patchy, but after that they'll just give in to the inevitable.

But come April 3rd and you've got massive DDoS and hundreds of players who want to get in on Baro's inventory (I'm one for them for christ's sake) who paid money to get in on his inventory aren't going to be able to access him.

I'm no Nostradamus but I don't think this is going to go over well.

30 minutes ago, HIGHDAMAGE said:

remember a lot of bans ppl glitched in somehow from simulcarum

That's called a bug.

1 minute ago, Ezekeel666 said:

Did you read that on Infowars.com?

Hahhaha. Yeah, certainly sounded that way xD

Edited by Acersecomic

1 hour ago, Xianyu said:

It's not even a question of 'if'. There will be a DDoS that weekend. The game will be unplayable.

....Soooooooooo

Either you're clairvoyant, or you're making a call-to-action.  You'd better hope someone doesn't misinterpret which one.

I'm not too sure how the Relay Key purchase works, but I'm pretty sure you can only buy it with real money. Which means, if there's a non-cosmetic item from Baro that you want, you might as well directly buy it with plat. IMO it's not worth buying this key unless Baro has something untradeable that you really want.

So, with my persistent boredom and a ton of help from the wiki, it'll take about 6,500 ducats and 25 million credits to get everything I need from baro, sans cosmetics, because I've never really bothered with him before. "Happy hunting, tenno!" On the note of the alleged upcoming DDoS on the special relay, you know very well DE will extend the time. They've proven to be more than sufficiently fair through everything that's happened in the history of Warframe.

12 hours ago, Xianyu said:

For those that don't know, the tennocon digital tickets come with a 'tennocon relay access key' that will work during the tennocon weekend and give access to Baro, selling everything he has ever had.

Everything.

All of his primed mods, his weapons, his fashionframe accessories, all of it.

For one weekend.

I didn't know about that.To be honest I don't know about DDoS theory you were mentioning but whole idea of giving someone who gives $ to access in-game content that is acquired by playing is very bad.So much for free to play concept.

1 hour ago, RistN said:

I didn't know about that.To be honest I don't know about DDoS theory you were mentioning but whole idea of giving someone who gives $ to access in-game content that is acquired by playing is very bad.So much for free to play concept.

Everything Baro has is available during his normal visits as well.   And, if its like last years, its only the old stuff.   Nothing newer than what he has already brought.  They still have to pay credits and ducats for it, so not like they are getting it for cash.   Same work as before.   Just getting the ability to get it all at once rather than wait for his every other week visit.   So not sure what your issue is with it?

Using the base price of plat, its not a bad deal.  As 370p is $20.   So for the ticket you get 370p, a set of armor, a sigil, some art and a pass to visit baro.    A portion of which also goes to charity.   So all in all, not that bad of a deal.   But, not like its pay to win either.   Just saves a player time if they are wanting something Baro has.

46 minutes ago, _Vortus_ said:

Just getting the ability to get it all at once rather than wait for his every other week visit. 

46 minutes ago, _Vortus_ said:

Just saves a player time if they are wanting something Baro has.

Actually this what I quoted is my issue.

I am a bit older player and I have all Baro stuff so I don't have any personal issues with it.But there is a lot of players waiting for Baro to bring something specific back and that commodity is sold to someone?I don't know...This doesn't sound any good to me.Giving players special treatment for cash is not ok at all.It wouldn't be that bad if Baro wasn't part of this game and stuff that he brings wasn't influencing progress(mods,mastery).With this logic they could also give special access to all past events and rewards.

44 minutes ago, RistN said:

Actually this what I quoted is my issue.

I am a bit older player and I have all Baro stuff so I don't have any personal issues with it.But there is a lot of players waiting for Baro to bring something specific back and that commodity is sold to someone?I don't know...This doesn't sound any good to me.Giving players special treatment for cash is not ok at all.It wouldn't be that bad if Baro wasn't part of this game and stuff that he brings wasn't influencing progress(mods,mastery).With this logic they could also give special access to all past events and rewards.

If it were something new I could understand being bothered.   But its all old items.   So I don't have an issue with it.   It doesn't affect other players in any way, just the ones getting the tickets.  If those events and rewards were on a loop like Baro is, again wouldn't have an issue with it.   As I could just bide my time and eventually get the same item if I don't have it already.   

On 3/28/2018 at 12:24 AM, Xianyu said:

But come April 3rd and you've got massive DDoS and hundreds of players who want to get in on Baro's inventory (I'm one for them for christ's sake) who paid money to get in on his inventory aren't going to be able to access him.

Tennocon's not till July so they can DDoS all they want in April.

Im sure it'll be fine though as last years was fine, no problems during that weekend.

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/28/2018 at 4:14 AM, LordeRicky said:

So, with my persistent boredom and a ton of help from the wiki, it'll take about 6,500 ducats and 25 million credits to get everything I need from baro, sans cosmetics, because I've never really bothered with him before. "Happy hunting, tenno!" On the note of the alleged upcoming DDoS on the special relay, you know very well DE will extend the time. They've proven to be more than sufficiently fair through everything that's happened in the history of Warframe.

This man speaks the truth!

• 2 months later...
On 2018-03-28 at 1:24 AM, Xianyu said:

everyone's a prophet (of profit) these days... except you it seems, since the game was and still is ddos free everytime i played this weekend.

still, i agree with your opinion about that being a bad idea - just for other reasons. and i could just as well been spared the inbox mail notifying me of the relay where i could not go into (as well as the "alert" notification too) since that's just like rubbing salt into the wound to people who couldn't get the "ticket" or missed the the info (if there was any...). not me though, since i have everything baro ever offered ('cept for some cosmetics i didn't care about). still DE should keep silent about such "exclusive" club meeting if they don't want to piѕѕoff many people... but i guess they lack "sozial engineering" skill for preventing this (every year ^^)

On 2018-03-28 at 8:23 AM, RistN said:

You're ignorant

Oh god😇

We not gonna panndering any more to those ppl who ignored all info for 5 months but still know that ther is a spezial baro sell!!!

Take care of your self!!that not DE´s duty it is yours,was allways yours and will forever be yours....and no it is no a value point to say:I didnt play for x amount of time............if you just came back for free stuff etc, thats all on you.

You not entitled to anything just becuz you exists

Edited by Croise