Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please Make Another NONENDLESS Mission a Requirement for Chains Of Harrow Instead of Mot

Kurambik

Please make that requirement another non-endless mission instead of Mot survival. I'm honestly getting tired of people forcing me to extract after 5 minutes just because they ran the mission only for the completion, and then getting accused for "wasting their time" if I suggest to stay in a bit longer. I don't know about anyone else but for me, Mot is the only place that I can go to and present myself with a good old-fashioned challenge and test my limits bit this issue really doesn't help.

Alternatively if you are so inclined to keep Mot as the mission requirement, at least make it a 20/30min requirement.

Thank you for reading.

Just now, Kurambik said:

Why should I have to waste time in recruit chat when they can certainly handle 5mins solo? 

Because it is not your place to dictate how randoms in a PuG choose to run a mission. If you want to set particular parameters, the onus is on you to recruit like-minded individuals.

By deciding to go to / host a public session in Mot, you are allowing yourself to join or be joined by other players with whatever possible intent they might have. If you know that a specific node is a prerequisite for a quest unlock, then you should not be surprised if you find yourself joined by people seeking to unlock this quest.

Move yourself to solo or form a squad. Don't come to the forums to rant about something that you had every opportunity to avoid.

Wherever you go on the star chart it's usually the general accepted standard to do at least up to rot C for the rewards. Mot is currently the only outlier ever since CoH was introduced. Honestly why does the requirement necessarily have to be endless anyway? 

3 minutes ago, Kurambik said:

Wherever you go on the star chart it's usually the general accepted standard to do at least up to rot C for the rewards.

Actually no it's not, it depends on the map and what is there, there are plenty that are rotation a. 

If players want Harrow so bad, why don't THEY go in recruit chat and seek out players who want Harrow's parts and get it over with.

I agree with the OP, there are times when I want to do a casual run in MOT but players extract early for some bs reason like relic farming or getting a lousy Harrow part.

It goes both ways people 

3 minutes ago, Dahx11 said:

If players want Harrow so bad, why don't THEY go in recruit chat and seek out players who want Harrow's parts and get it over with.

I agree with the OP, there are times when I want to do a casual run in MOT but players extract early for some bs reason like relic farming or getting a lousy Harrow part.

It goes both ways people 

dude MOT isnt for harrow parts, its so they can do the quest in the first place

5 minutes ago, CptSpaceHerpes said:

that being said theres no real reason de couldnt change it to a fast mission type as well...but again how many pubs would run mot now since there isnt a alot of reasons to go to rot c

That's part of my point. An exterminate would suffice just as well since that's roughly the same effort requirement for 5mins survival. 

As mentioned previously, Mot is where people try out their gear outside of the sterile environment of the Simulacrum and apart from the players completing the requirement, anyone else that runs that mission is with the aim of going past the 20min mark. It is only since the quest was introduced that the situation has effectively turned into a coin toss

39 minutes ago, Kurambik said:

Please make that requirement another non-endless mission instead of Mot survival. I'm honestly getting tired of people forcing me to extract after 5 minutes just because they ran the mission only for the completion, and then getting accused for "wasting their time" if I suggest to stay in a bit longer. I don't know about anyone else but for me, Mot is the only place that I can go to and present myself with a good old-fashioned challenge and test my limits bit this issue really doesn't help.

Alternatively if you are so inclined to keep Mot as the mission requirement, at least make it a 20/30min requirement.

Thank you for reading.

I'm not going to lie, Mot is one serious PIA. At the time I attempted to open it, Corrupted Vor was active on that node.

At the time, I was running with my heavily-armored Rhino Prime and my 1-2 shot S&A Prime. As long as I kept an eye on my iron skin number, and (aug) charged when I needed to, it was easy for me.

Personally, I run all "requirements" solo. I know my own skills, and how well my builds do in any non-sortie mission. This may be a suggestion for you to consider.

:redveil:

4 minutes ago, GrazewoundZero said:

I'm not going to lie, Mot is one serious PIA. At the time I attempted to open it, Corrupted Vor was active on that node.

At the time, I was running with my heavily-armored Rhino Prime and my 1-2 shot S&A Prime. As long as I kept an eye on my iron skin number, and (aug) charged when I needed to, it was easy for me.

Personally, I run all "requirements" solo. I know my own skills, and how well my builds do in any non-sortie mission. This may be a suggestion for you to consider.

I run all the "quick" endless missions solo for the very reason that I try to avoid stepping on others' toes who are trying to do a long mission. I know that for most people survivals are the only source of endgame that does not fry their GPU to a crisp (*cough* Eidolons *cough*). 

3 minutes ago, Kurambik said:

I run all the "quick" endless missions solo for the very reason that I try to avoid stepping on others' toes who are trying to do a long mission. I know that for most people survivals are the only source of endgame that does not fry their GPU to a crisp (*cough* Eidolons *cough*). 

Hydron is a god send, when you need to level the last few weapons to make the next MR test...

Rolling back to your OP, Mot is part of the CoH storyline. If DE were to change that one requirement, they'll have to rewrite the mission too.

36 minutes ago, GrazewoundZero said:

Mot is part of the CoH storyline. If DE were to change that one requirement, they'll have to rewrite the mission too.

Are you referring to the temple? Cos I'm pretty sure it was on Tiwaz

I'm pretty sure Mot is the requirement because it's the last node on the Star Chart. Moving it to a different node would disrupt that.

There's no "standard" for extracting in endless missions. Not everyone is trying to stress-test their build or get the rotation C reward. Some people just want to jump into a quick mission, to crack a single relic or to get an argon crystal or clear the node or fulfil the requirement for Chains of Harrow. If you go pub, you have to be prepared for a squad that'll potentially do the complete opposite of what you want. If you don't want to have to take that into account, recruit or go clan chat.

If you were serious about doing long Mot runs to stress test a build, for the challenge or whichever other reason, going on a public match is by far the worst possible way you could do that. Not only will you get people wanting to extract early (and that would happen even if Harrow's quest wasn't on that node), but on top of that you'll have people running all over the map and ruining the enemy spawns for you. Just go solo or recruit like minded players to coordinate in a squad with you. 

11 hours ago, Kurambik said:

Wherever you go on the star chart it's usually the general accepted standard to do at least up to rot C for the rewards. Mot is currently the only outlier ever since CoH was introduced. Honestly why does the requirement necessarily have to be endless anyway? 

but that's wrong

Go solo, it's easy and stress free. I really have no understanding why people who have troubles with pub games keep insisting on some kind of arbitrary rules of play for pub groups. No content is warframe is inaccessible for solo play outside of eidolon hunt bounties, if playing with other people is not something you enjoy, or more to the point, are willing to adapt to, why do that at all? I play solo specifically because I prefer to play at my own pace whatever it might be at any given time(plus the benefit of having a pause button lol). Ranting on the forum about random people not doing what you want them to is the least productive thing you can do.

1 hour ago, Siilk said:

Go solo, it's easy and stress free. I really have no understanding why people who have troubles with pub games keep insisting on some kind of arbitrary rules of play for pub groups. No content is warframe is inaccessible for solo play outside of eidolon hunt bounties, if playing with other people is not something you enjoy, or more to the point, are willing to adapt to, why do that at all? I play solo specifically because I prefer to play at my own pace whatever it might be at any given time(plus the benefit of having a pause button lol). Ranting on the forum about random people not doing what you want them to is the least productive thing you can do.

Solo spawn rates are just game-breakingly low compared to pubs which is why some don't even consider playing solo.

It's not efficient and pug mm spares a headache not having to pray that much to RNGesus to drop the next life support/reactant.

This would be easily fixed if everyone could adjust the spawn rates btw. but i won't expect that option to be added too soon(tm).

17 minutes ago, kgabor said:

Solo spawn rates are just game-breakingly low compared to pubs which is why some don't even consider playing solo.

It's not efficient and pug mm spares a headache not having to pray that much to RNGesus to drop the next life support/reactant.

This would be easily fixed if everyone could adjust the spawn rates btw. but i won't expect that option to be added too soon(tm).

Solo spawn rates are lower but not that horrible. Getting to wave 30 in defence or 40 min mark in survival solo is never a problem if your build is right for the mission level. But if that's not your cup of tea, pre-arranged groups are the only other option. Pub players will not and should not be ok with arbitrary play rules forced upon them. Sure, you can add some kind of optional pub game parameters like "no extraction till wave 20" which will allow people to be only paired with those who are wiling to do that but I don't think this will be all that popular, leaving you to chose between waiting 10+ mins in the queue or playing a regular pub game. At which point, pre-arranging a group in regional chat still seems like a better option.

13 hours ago, Dahx11 said:

It goes both ways people 

100% That is what people usually do when they want to do something other than just play, so why would it not apply in this instance.

That is what I was thinking. Better yet DE could make it an alternate mission just like how syndicate/nightmare/invasion missions appear when all on the same nodes, issue solved. Just create a new quest option and allow all people who are doing the quest to join at the same time then they can all leave after 5 minutes.