Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Inaros Ramses Skin feedback

IEpicWolfI

Tint 1 and Accents have greyed out / silvery / pale ( I don't even know how to call it ) metallic textures.

It's better to match skin's textures to syandana / kopesh's textures so it can look like what is shown on market thumb.

12 hours ago, Donkey___R said:

4ObrN5U.png

Edited by Aeon94

Not one way nor the other. The organic parts in the Syandana (the red and bright sandy color) are already organic on the Deluxe skin as well. And the deluxe skin is supposed to look like a mech, there's no way something that's more organic instead of metallic will look right.

I'm seriously worried that with all this terrible feedback going on they're going to butcher the skin, while people who are happy will, once again, be screwed over. And hard.

Edited by NightmareT12

4 hours ago, Tiddlerdoo said:

As someone stated in another thread, the diffuse map is too dark. DE lightening it should fix it, though imo I would prefer the primary channel NOT to be metallic just so I can continue to use my beloved Syrinx shoulders on the skin without them looking horribly out of place. Overall, though, I am a fan of the skin - particularly the helmet.

Hmmm, I decided to invert the Tints 1 and 2 on Syrinx with good results (in fact I remember this being an issue on other Warframes as well):

Warframe0385.jpg

Warframe0386.jpg

The way color affects the material is unique.  You need to actually use some brighter colors to get darker, more noticeable shading with the skin.  It appears to be something new being tested out.  Well, newer, it is similar to the glass on Gara.

2 minutes ago, NightmareT12 said:

Since I opened the topic for feedback, and to change things a bit :P I just noticed the leg engines don't have fire coming out of 'em:

Warframe0387.jpg

Not sure if it was intended or not.

All engines have fire coming out of them but not leg ones ? That surely is a bug. :d

my biggest issue with the whole pack really only stands with the Kopesh skin, historically the Kopesh is a swords completely made of copper, but in-game, it looks ceramic or plastic. i was hoping it would've been metallic like the inaros skin tiself

I was so excited when I seen it because it is really good looking skin but also disappointed when I got it and started coloring it.

There is absolutely no connection between colours used and how it really looks.Colours are washed up ,so black is grey and red is more like pink no matter how dark or light version of that colour you use.

I was going to get this skin...until I saw all the screenshot comparisons highlighting the overdone shiny metallics and badly muted colors. Ugh.

The sad thing is that the skin / mesh had such an interesting design too...

DE, seriously, your artists need to ease up on the shiny metallics already...it's getting old and annoying really fast and it REALLY doesn't suit Inaros' theme. We'd like to see more cloth, rubber, plastic, porcelain and dull metals - in short, some more variety in terms of textures and materials on our 'Frames and weapons. Also, PLEASE make more of an effort to make your color channels consistent and allow them to properly accommodate the colors we choose....It's getting harder and harder to match up gear color-wise.

Also, the Kopesh's cutting edge should  be on the OUTSIDE of the big curve on the blade, meaning the weapon should be rotated 180 degrees and that floating "guard" needs to be on the inside of the curve. The Egyptians used the Kopesh like a hatchet with slashing potential and as such the curve / cutting edge faced outward for better hacking power.

Yes DE, your Kopesh looks really nice from an aesthetic standpoint, but at the same time, functionally speaking, it looks completely wrong.

Edited by MirageKnight

Will there be any work done on the Kopesh single-sword skin to make it more accurate to historical swords of the same type? As for the Inaros skin itself, this looks amazing! I hope the helmet gets some tweaks as well, but even so. I wanted to love this skin so badly, and now I think I'll finally be able to.

1 hour ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

The art team is working away on improving things for Inaros Ramses based on texture feedback - expect this to hit your PCs Monday!

image.png

That's great news. It still has that Metallic look but isn't overpowering. Felt it being too shiny/weathered took away from the model.