The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

KHORA

(PSN)Croewe

1 minute ago, Duduminador said:

The problem with Exalted whip: it was at some point suggested. Another lesson for the Devs to take to future streams.

Everybody, NO #*!%ING EXCEPTIONS, who wants Exalted whip, wants it exclusively for RANGE + SPIN Attack.

Hmm so it seems i don't exist then. Since i didn't want it for spin2win gameplay.

43 minutes ago, LupisV0lk said:

they know what they're doing.....we don't.

>Removes pumpkin heads and bunny ears after a limited time during special holidays because too silly for the game

>Goes on to implement mods so you can have multiple flowers spawn on an enemy

---

>Wants to implement a new "endgame" mode

>Puts in silly mods and the new frame in there for it to be the next grind cave to bore people after gathering khora

>Still refuses to implement scaling rewards to properly reward high level players so they can finally use their modded and forma'd gear somewhere

---

>Tries to make scythes good

>By replacing scythe stances with heavy blade stances

No, no they don't....

Edited by IceColdHawk

3 часа назад, Arniox сказал:

Nah. Just let DE release it. Let them go about their own ideas and release it next week. 

Common guys. NEXT WEEK. I'm hyped and I don't want it delayed more so just let it go. 

What's the point of releasing something so utterly useless?

The only ability that actually does something is her 4 but even then it's just exactly "something". Unless you want mastery points so badly, there's no reason to even wait for her, level it and forget.

Цитата

they know what they're doing

giphy.gif

Edited by -Temp0-

Soo I was hoping for something completely different, something I can run around with and have fun because the game is pretty much stale atm. This doesn’t excite me at all, I do not see the point of getting her or using her in anything, totally disappointed. This is just glorified Vauban 2.0.

I am not trying to complain here what I am trying to say is, I would much rather DE take their time to come up with something completely unique, something that gets the juices flowing, something different or something fun rather than, here you go another new frame aka ‘’content.’’

What is point of having a new frame when it’s just going to follow the same recipe as something else?

Yup, I'm looking forward to her as well. There's still a great deal we don't know, such as synergies. The boo'ing and baww'ing about her right now is premature. Also I believe the kavat heal visits each person in the squad, so not quite AoE, but hopefully gets the job done.

9 hours ago, peterc3 said:

"True exalted warframe...Excalibur" What? How is Excalibur different from Valkyr in this regard? Do you not just start up EB and throw waves at enemies with your... melee button?

Excalibur is a long ranged melee character when he bust out the Exalted Blade.

Valkyr is a short ranged melee character with complete invulnerability when she bust out the exalted claws.

Compared to AOE cast abilities, exalted abilities offer more in gameplay interactivity because at every second in time, you have the choice of:

1. Get in close to use ability.

2. Get away to use ability.

3. Attack once.

4. Attack X times.

5. End the exalted ability and use guns.

You can also miss unless you aim. Accuracy and energy management to keep the ability up is needed. You can only get energy from energy orbs, unless you can afford the time to turn it off and on again while dropping a pad or have teammate use the energy vampire at the right time in the middle of a battle.

Whereas for cast ability, you got:

1. Get into AOE range and cast ability.

2. Get into AOE range and cast ability X times.

3. Don't cast ability.

You cannot miss unless enemies go out of AOE range. Accuracy is not needed as long as you know your AOE radius. Energy management is needed but less crucial since the ability doesn't drain energy over a duration as you use and you can get energy from pads and teammates.

Khora's 4 by your logic is no different from Loki's 4, Nyx's 3 or any of the other AOE CC skill in the game because all of them are about getting into AOE range and press 1 button to watch the effects before pressing it again or not.

Edited by OoKeNnEtHoO

I think this is the whole point of this frame: You got the kavat to do the dirty work while the frame give it the tools to do so. But also, the kavat is dependent on the frame and the frame is dependent on the cat, at least this is the impression I got.
In that case, you do have something new and unique by having two entities at once to control. It's not like Equinox that you you can be only one of the forms at a time, Khora have one form and a kavat to support her, which needs commands to be able to do so and makes it "two forms" to control at once.

I guess we just have to wait and see how it will work out.

1 hour ago, WhiteCr0w said:

I think I'm gonna' try playing her first before I start a blog.

43 minutes ago, sleepychewbacca said:

With Warframe, everything is subject to change. 

And Khora isn't even out yet. Give it more time. 

^ this.

But I can't rate them because "Sorry, you cannot add any more reactions today."

vor 10 Minuten schrieb FrostedMike:

I think this is the whole point of this frame: You got the kavat to do the dirty work while the frame give it the tools to do so. But also, the kavat is dependent on the frame and the frame is dependent on the cat, at least this is the impression I got.

Well, then this frame is already lost. Because with the AI being what it is in Warframe... Here I fixed that for you:

vor 12 Minuten schrieb FrostedMike:

I think this is the whole point of this frame: You got the kavat to get stuck below some stairs or in some corner while the frame gives it the tools to do so. But also, the kavat is dependent on the frame and the frame is dependent on the cat,

Just now, Nottezio said:

You haven't even tried it but you are already reviewing the product. 

You can get pretty good picture from what you saw in Devstream...its not like it will magicly change into something else when released. Yes..its subject to change but last version looks like its final product.

45 minutes ago, OoKeNnEtHoO said:

Excalibur is a long ranged melee character when he bust out the Exalted Blade.

Valkyr is a short ranged melee character with complete invulnerability when she bust out the exalted claws.

Compared to AOE cast abilities, exalted abilities offer more in gameplay interactivity because at every second in time, you have the choice of:

1. Get in close to use ability.

2. Get away to use ability.

3. Attack once.

4. Attack X times.

5. End the exalted ability and use guns.

You can also miss unless you aim. Accuracy and energy management to keep the ability up is needed. You can only get energy from energy orbs, unless you can afford the time to turn it off and on again while dropping a pad or have teammate use the energy vampire at the right time in the middle of a battle.

Whereas for cast ability, you got:

1. Get into AOE range and cast ability.

2. Get into AOE range and cast ability X times.

3. Don't cast ability.

You cannot miss unless enemies go out of AOE range. Accuracy is not needed as long as you know your AOE radius. Energy management is needed but less crucial since the ability doesn't drain energy over a duration as you use and you can get energy from pads and teammates.

Khora's 4 by your logic is no different from Loki's 4, Nyx's 3 or any of the other AOE CC skill in the game because all of them are about getting into AOE range and press 1 button to watch the effects before pressing it again or not.

Don't even bother, he clearly never gave exalted warframes a try.

Claiming that excalibur is just a glorified melee spam of a "common weapon" that sends energy waves is just naive.

Claiming that going into mini-archwing, flying around while managing the energy and either gunning down enemies from above, below or in front or even melee them while flying isn't unique.

Claiming that ivara's artemis bow is equal to cernos prime, however they couldn't be more different.

The list goes on for the other 3 exalted frames. It's just simple to notice that every abillity in game requires casting it once to see the results, or re-casting it multiple times. While that, exalted frames are interactive in their exalted weapons. You can move, aim, shoot, roll, use other abilities all while using an exalted weapon that only requires 1 thing: For you to "sacrifice" one of your weapons to boost the exalted weapon while keeping the other 2 weapons safe. But have in mind that some exalted weapons do match builds of certain weapons. Like dex pixia matches crit bows or like artemis bow also matches crit bows or shotguns.

2 hours ago, LupisV0lk said:

Well once again community feedback and knee jerk reactions gimp another frame. Maybe instead of screeching like harpies we let the developers do their job, they know what they're doing.....we don't.

I'm pretty sure the community knows what the community wants. That's also why the forum has a feedback category.

Personally i'm glad the exhalted whip is gone.  Her "schtick" or gimmick if you will was being a pet summoner.  Unless the whip actually did anything synergy wise with her pet that she summons it would have just ruined the theme imo.  Not to mention i'm sick of people trying to slap an exhalted weapon on everything.  This new rework seems like the pet is more of a focus.  Which is nice.

First off, I know that Khora is still work in progress, and I understand that most of her abilitties will be tweaked in some way or another.

However I feel like if her kit will remain more or less same as shown on devstream, she will be lackluster at least. Her 1, 2 and 4 are basically just downgraded niduses abilities. Her 1 definitely needs to get lower body animation removed as its pretty condraproductive for so spammable abilitty to lock you in the place for so long. Her 2 is just way too slow for warframe, most of the time it will be just one/two enemy disable. Her 3 looks most promising from her kit imo, Im hoping it will be usefull. And then theres her 4. I honestly dont get what they are going for - Its range is just too low, it doesnt synergize at all with the rest of her kit, and even though it was her ,,alpha,, version it actually seemed to not work very well, you can see multiple enemies passing through it with ease.

Not even to mention, that most of the warframe enemies are ranged, so its even less effective against other factions than Infested. If Khora will remain unchanged, and her armor will be below 500, she will be just straight up downgraded version of Nidus, with far smaller Bastille as an Ult. Resulting in a frame which even though is able to do some damage with her 1, is unable to sustain herself, and eventually gets outclassed by most of the other frames.

My suggestions: 

1 - As I already stated, removal of lover body animation would be more than welcome. Alternate effect for holding the abilitty would may be also interesting (Longer range or multiple quick swipes in a row)

2 - Completely rework it. Replace it with either  better cc, survivability, or in my opinion, some form of blink or dash would be really interesting, maybe even with some added functionality.

3 - As there wasnt much said about her 3rd ability in the devstream, I cant really say anything. Maybe it would be nice if the cat attacted the enemy on which Khora used one of her abilities.

4 - Just as her 2nd ability, I´d suggest complete rework. 4th abilitties are mostly the ones that define the frame and their playstyle, and I just cannot see how relatively small aoe of cc would define 

semi-squishy frame with low ranged damage, and some semi-supportive utility. If she stays in it, enemies are just free to shoot her from distance. If she casts it and then moves on, it only 

only provides minor cc, while Khora still remains vulnerable from the other directions. Make it a exalted whip, with knockbacks, swipes, dashes and maybe even aerial combos (something

similiar to Niers counter attacks)or make it some kind of buff/ overload mode that will add new functionalities to your first 3 abilitties or boost all of the companions, increase their damage,   

make their ai more agressive... But please dont make it another useless cc in already cc-satured frame lineup.

I do sincerely hope that DE will revaluate Khoras ability design, add some synergies and maybe even bring her Exalted whip back.

Edited by NightsVisions
Added suggestions