Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[PC] Beasts of the Sanctuary: Sanctuary Onslaught Feedback Megathread

[DE]Danielle

It's a lot of fun until Simaris decides I'm not allowed to use my main ability anymore for a period of time, meanwhile people spamming their Arca Plasmors and slide attack whips can keep going endlessly. I'm already gated by energy and an abnormal amount of energy leech eximi, and my energy is reset every floor, now this prohibition on top if it...it really feels they don't want caster frames in here. 

Edited by Yggdrazzil

44 minutes ago, drewfishking said:

as a console player; that gets the finalised and often polished product when new content is released, i feel like you probably dont understand how frustrating it is to lose 1 hour + worth of rewards because a new game mode is buggy. lol

It does happen from time to time, but I originally was PC around Loki P release.

Plains for instance was buggy on release to console, I find more often than not that there is a reason for glitches, a trigger if you will. Work around it, mainly stability issues due to groups, so hell I'll solo until thats fixed, and so I did.

6 hours ago, KilluaWalker said:

Maybe you just shouldn't play nidus? Not all frames are going to be equal and seeing how they designed sanctuary, effectively eliminating certain warframes (and strategies) seems to be their goal. 

Wouldn't require much of a change. also:

7 hours ago, MarcusGraves said:

I actually didn't even notice this until I saw this thread because I pretty much max out my stacks by the 2nd wave and stopped caring. I run a build though with Overextended, Transient Fortitude, Intensify and Growing Power to stay around 130-150-ish power and I just do nothing but spam 1 on the horde of mobs soon as I start because it doesn't have enough damage to kill them right away, I've gotten to around 50 stacks in the first 30-40 seconds like this on Elite mode.

5 hours ago, DeckChairVonBananaCamel said:

i would love to have a visual indicator of how far simaris's data is skewed, because as it is im too terrified to use hysteria to kill even one guy for the health as i'm worried that ill shoot myself in the foot.

also, and i may be wrong, but it seems that instead of the efficiency draining quicker the further you go, the amount of efficiency gained from kills drops down. Like, im killing crowds of enemies with aoe/multitarget weapons and am still struggling to gain any percentage at all (im talking at zone 9 and above here)

Yea, I've killed ROOMS full of enemies in an instant in Z9 and no gain, in fact it still just drops, doesn't even slow it down.  Even killing a line of 10-20 mobs in-line with the Plasmor doesn't gain anything either, same with lesion and guandao.

It seems to be based on the frame's base energy pool. Volt / Volt Prime have very high energy pools.

Ah well, back in the good ol' days if you wanted abundant energy. You organized a team and made sure someone was on Trinity Duty. Obviously, Harrow won't work since 50 energy isn't enough for him to give energy back to the team.

Why not just preload the next level gradually far ahead of time on lower end PCs, instead of waiting to start when the timer has expired?

There's two minutes and thirty seconds of time where you're fighting enemies on a timer.

Why not use that time to preload the next level, instead of waiting until the timer has expired, and then cause an even longer delay waiting for the portal to appear? Mind you, the entire time this is happening, the "efficiency" percentage is still rapidly decaying.

That delay is often a run killer.

Divvy up the streaming and loading of the next level's data into manageable chunks that can be done in the background.

The current setup feels wrong, and will cause a lot of people to want to discriminate against players with lower end PCs or slower connections.

It isn't very fair to punish the entire squad because a player in the run isn't able to casually lay down thousands of dollars on a whim for a high end gaming rig and an optical fiber connection straight into a major international network backbone.

20 minutes ago, Dwolfknight said:

Find a solution for Spammers.

Here is my suggestion: Simaris wants you to use multiple tactics, so, if you use your fourth ability 20 times during a zone or use a duration power (that you can deactivate) for 100 seconds, in the next zone that power will be locked, this is a generous amount to anyone that isn't spamming as a zone has 150 seconds, so you can use your fourth every 8 seconds or for 2/3 of the zone duration.

If this happens again after the first lock the zones it is locked for doubles, EX: Zone 1 unlocked, used power too much, upset Simaris locked it, Zone 2 locked, Zone 3 unlocked, did it again, Zone 4 and 5 locked, zone 6 unlocked, did it again, zone 7,8,9 and 10 locked, and so on.

This restriction could also be applied to other abilities but being more generous, so 40 times used and 140 seconds time.

This not only will create a better gaming experience but it will also curb Exploits related to powers from being used.

Not an exploit.  Use your abilities, that's what they're there for, and they DO getting locked briefly when used to repetitiously. 

Exploits are things like stuff that are already removed like inv. trinities; THAT'S an exploit.  If you want to play that way, go ahead.  No one is stopping you from doing so.  Don't ruin the fun for everybody else because you're a stick in the mud.

1 minute ago, stupidfkingaliasrules said:

Not an exploit.  Use your abilities, that's what they're there for, and they DO getting locked briefly when used to repetitiously. 

Except there are still banshees spamming the S#&$ out of her 4 (with augments) for the whole zone.

3 minutes ago, stupidfkingaliasrules said:

Exploits are things like stuff that are already removed like inv. trinities; THAT'S an exploit.  If you want to play that way, go ahead.  No one is stopping you from doing so.  Don't ruin the fun for everybody else because you're a stick in the mud.

I'm talking about the exploit that lets you get scores higher than can be displayed and turning into +e(n).

4 hours ago, Yamichi said:

For elite onslaught: You implemented a limitation for the use of the 4th ability to prevent spamming it with a set cooldown if used too much. This is something I realy like but  actualy I have seen lots of people bypass this by running 3x equinox maim build and casting it one after another. I would like to see a limitation to the warframes for elite onslaught. No duplicate Warframes just only one per squad. This would offer more diversity of different squad compositions instead of running trin + 3x equinox as the only and best option.

So you want to punish people for playing their favorite warframes the way they want to play.  Brilliant.

If you don't like the way those people play you can add them to the ignore list and they won't show up in your public matches.

Or join a clan and run with them.  Most clans are not that bad.

Edited by stupidfkingaliasrules

I havent ran into a single problem with onslaught on my own. In groups I do run into alot of issues, but I have no clue what potatos or hamster-ISPs  those people use. Not everything is on DEs side. There may be things your PC isnt able to handle that causes the game to crash because your settings are too high and so on. If you then end up as the host aswell there will be slightly more stress on the system.

I dont have any super rig, it is infact quite old by now but it handles onslaught just as fine as everything else on close to max settings.

I had today 10 rounds of elite onslaught and every single time some one crashed  in the moment switching from zone 8 to 9 to get the reward for zone 8. This always ending up in endless hostmigration until it fails and you get back to the ship with no rewards.  It is annoying as hell to play 10 rounds with 30 mins each and getting no rewards due to this bug.

vor 9 Minuten schrieb stupidfkingaliasrules:

So you want to punish people for playing their favorite warframes the way they want to play.  Brilliant.

If you don't like the way those people play you can add them to the ignore list and they won't show up in your public matches.

Or join a clan and run with them.  Most clans are not that bad

I dont want to punish people for playing their favorite. I want that the restriction for ability spam works as intended (and with this little "exploit" it doesnt) and diversity is no bad thing. An other solution would be to just set the cooldown counter for the same ability across all 4 frames which would result in limitation of spamming "Mend & Maim" by 3 equinox. And I think most squads who run trin + 3x equinox dont do so because of them being their fav, they do so because its most efficient in killing everything by Maim spamming.

6 minutes ago, Yamichi said:

I dont want to punish people for playing their favorite. I want that the restriction for ability spam works as intended (and with this little "exploit" it doesnt) and diversity is no bad thing. An other solution would be to just set the cooldown counter for the same ability across all 4 frames which would result in limitation of spamming "Mend & Maim" by 3 equinox. And I think most squads who run trin + 3x equinox dont do so because of them being their fav, they do so because its most efficient in killing everything by Maim spamming.

And isn't this mode all about efficient killing ?, so don't be angry on people that they just folow the sole idea of mode in way that works...

Edited by AVSManfred

As soon as the mission loaded we got a Host migration and then the portal look like this: IwYITbw.png

The funny part is that the efficiency already started to go down.

Edit: Decided to start another round, I joined the mission and got the message "Conduct closes in 3...2....1.." and then this happened:

0bqQ4gl.png

This is an actual ingame Screenshot. 

Guess I'll get to use my switch for some days ^^

Edited by Kyoresh

I've been in a few games that have ended due to the conduit not opening. I hadn't made the connection that it was linked to a party member not able to load the next zone fast enough, but it explains why the conduit opened as soon as one player disconnects.

This is definitely a huge issue since the efficiency continues to drain while we curse Simaris for using Windows 2000 to manage his simulation software.

19 hours ago, ADRENALYN451 said:

LVL 75-80 enemies dying so easily to anything that touches it??

Feeling that all your weapons and abilities are overpowering everything in sight?

THE ENEMY HP IS BUGGED, feels like Killing level 5 to 10 units !!!!?!?!??!?!?

I used a Tonbo with only 3 mods equipped for a test:: Primed Reach, Primed Fury and Drifting Contact and i still was killing level 80s with only one or two hits WTF?? Try doing 50 minutes of survivals with only 3 mods that don't give you damage and then we will talk.

Test this out yourself! Try unmodded weapons vs LVL 80 enemies in the Sanctuary onslaught and then in the simulacrum and SEE THE DIFFERENCE FOR YOURSELVES, this cant be just a simply ignored bug!!

They still hit as lv 80-100+ (thats what i think was meant by theys levels)  and as other said if they were as tough as 100+ i bet 90% wouldn't even reach zone 3, pulled the number from my A ..(own data from survival sorties)

I've been playing warframe for 4 years now, and this game mode has actually given me one of the most fun experiences so far, just wrecking everything in sight without protecting an objective feels awesome, but it is not without it issues.

1. one reward every 2 rooms fells too little reward and too slow for the amount of effort you have to put to get through (Especially for a solo player)

2. i would understand a smaller chance at getting resources and mods from enemies, but none at all?? i feel like am having fun but not getting anything that will help me with the rest of the game.

3. lets say i want a reward from rotation C, so i would need to survive until room 8, but if i exit from room 8 (which supposedly is by letting the portal close without entering it) i get no reward at all, so im forced to play until room 9 to get that reward and then intentionally failing in order to exit, that needs to change i think.

4. the little boosters to efficiency that are supposed to save you from a low efficiency situation give too little, and thus fail their purpose.

Apart from the occasional crash this game mode is really fun, i would not like to see it fall behind for being too unrewarding (arcanes maybe to spice it a little?) and inconvenient (no resources or mods from enemies) compared to other game modes, but all of this is just my opinion.

They should introduce a little reward at the end of each zone for completing it in addition to the Rotation aswell as a End Mission reward that scales with how well you did. Let's say you exit the mission with an S, you would get a random radiant axi relic, since axi can't be farmed in it at all, if you get A, you'd get Flawless Axi and so on.

The game mode would be perfectly balanced and rewarding if we could farm resources in it but that won't work because too many enemies spawn.