Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[PC] Beasts of the Sanctuary: Sanctuary Onslaught Feedback Megathread

[DE]Danielle

1 minute ago, BlackCoMerc said:

True. We still have the Operator.

I think you meant to say "Maiming Strike". XD

(But seriously, Operators are amazing little Space brats......that take WAY to long to get anywhere meaningful with through in-game grinding)

4 hours ago, KilluaWalker said:

I feel like people are starting to understand what warframe is about lol. It's a brain dead looter shooter with a passionate team behind it but glaring and hard to fix flaws. Fixing the grind wall will take what I would assume to be a total overhaul of the basic systems of the game. I would LOVE to gain meaningful rewards from an endless mission but I don't think that's what warframe is about :( 

Also DE give us grindable legendary skins ala gw2 PLEASE :}

I dunno about you, but I remember the time playing before completing the war within and after, it totally changed the game. From a story based horde shooter to a horde shooter with loads of loot to get. Every quest before harrow was great in my opinion, the ambulas project was cool to complete, bosswise as well as the run through.  Octavia's quest was supremely done, that's what I want more of, main characters trying to mess each other up and us having to resolve it.

The main thing missing for me are updates on the star chart. It was so cool when lua and the kuva fortress were suddenly added, it felt like the universe was alive. We could have a new set of quests that leads to new areas like that. Something to work for as a new player to unlock as well. Preferably to me rank 15 and above stuff.

Now it's just the same thing day in and out, even the void fissures have a set pattern to them. The corpus still think they can win with their ambulas and same goes for the grineer with their stupid fomorians. What kind of general would use the same tactic so many times in a row? It does not make sense. So they're just boring and repeated filler, even with the same loot in place as always.

And where are the defection dudes and dudettes going? Cetus isn't growing.
Why isn't corpus invading the plains of eidolon as well?
Why did you show us a video about lotus leaving us behind but is still giving us new pre-recorded messages on new missions?
To me it's like watching an unfinished anime or reading a series of books and I am just reading the same stuff over and over again to look for clues about what is going to happen next, except warframe keeps teasing with new stuff that ends up meaning nothing. Very disappointing imo.

Edited by Desiredpotato

I would love to see more elite units that give extra efficiency. I think we should even get a bonus for killing special units like Manics. Currently it's just not worth fighting a Manic at all because it takes so long. It would make sense for us to get a bonus for breaking up the monotony, instead of punishing us for fighting the interesting, well-designed enemies.

Great game mode, very fun! Just got a few things to say:

Firstly, 5k focus from one of the synthetic eidolon shards is almost nothing, would honestly rather get the endo every time. Either increase the value or remove it entirely I would say.
Would be great if the efficiency drain could be stopped while getting to and travelling through the portal, feels bad losing on your way to the next area.
Needs to scale efficiency drain down for solo play, (separate solo leaderboard?)

Happy with rewards, see a lot of people complain about radiant relics but I think it's great. Not interested at all in the peculiar mods, but if they have to be added maybe just rotate them in and out? So they're not all the droptables at once for the people who don't want them.

Edited by NoRainNoRainbow
Only talking about elite, not played the normal version

6 hours ago, AdunSaveMe said:

That's a problem with broken host migration. It is not a problem with Onslaught's extraction design, which is not an issue itself.

It's very much a problem with the game mode's design, when Wave 8 loot is not awarded until some unfortunate soul goes to Wave 9, but then the rest of the squad can still extract in wave 8. Even if the migration issue was fixed(and it should be), you should never have to continue to the next wave to get the loot for the one you already completed, or make a sacrifice for the team(whether you're the Host being a swell guy and letting everyone else extract without loss, or if you're some poor Client boning yourself with a migration just so everyone's time wasn't wasted.)

1 hour ago, Datam4ss said:

Other than the fact the Khora Systems are refusing to drop, the whole experience seems a lot more enjoyable for levelling weapons and shooting things up instead of Hydron Grinding.

oh absolutely, ive been using it to forma my atomos over and over. you take a booster in and the gun will be at level 8 by the end of the first zone!

Seriously, I hate to complain but, if people can get out of the Onslaught as soon as the get what they want, forcing an host migration on the rest of the squad, that therefore loses the reward they recived, it is not going to be good for the amazing concept that Onslaught is, potentially dooming it on its early stages. 

Na, I'm sure plenty of people love it too. They just happen to be playing the game instead of complaining on the forums. Game mode is still buggy (nothing new there, it'll get fixed over hotfixes) and there's some funky stuff going on with enemies being too weak for their level and levels not scaling past a certain point, but overall it's a pretty good game mode. The rewards are fine as well, although I think it'd be much improved if you got a reward every wave instead of every two waves. People just expect to get all the rewards from the drop table in a single day and don't have the patience to wait. 

I hope the devs comment on this on Monday, because there's definitely something weird going on. Also I seem to remember Rebbeca and Megan mentioning in the last prime time enemies would keep scaling indefinitely, but atm their levels stop going up at around lvl 160-180, no matter how far you go. I wonder if that's intended or part of this weird bug. 

59 minutes ago, BlackCoMerc said:

Really? 

The business model for Warframe is nefarious. At best. Every update pushes players more toward paying platinum to skip grind that ranges from obnoxious at best to tediuous and frustrating at worst. Sure its not the WORST free to play model I have seen, but when you need to start comparing a dev to EA and Activision to make them look good, you're in dregs and headed for the bottom of the barrel. 

Could Warframe's business model be worse? Sure it could. But that doesnt mean its GOOD, either. 

Yeah ive done maybe 14 onslaughts and have only gotten a chassis, granted 10 were elite runs and i did get the systems only to lose them to a crash...

But hey they put BettyWhiteFrame up for 325 plat, a real steal!

Crash,Crash,Crash. Before yesterdays hotfix i could play fine. Today onslaught keeps crashing on me. And could we please get a direct way into onslaught from our lander? Having to go to a relay is rather annoying.

Onslaught is decent fun.

I just don't understand why DE keeps giving the middle-finger to people who play solo or in small groups.

They say they want to counteract the meta cheese-nuke power-farming play dynamic... Yet they keep releasing content that encourages or straight-up requires it.

Seriously every update is rife with crashes and progress halting bugs.

How are these not found or fixed before launch like every other game company? Its the standard that at bare minimum your game shouldnt crash or at the very least crash very rarely.

I'm really frustrated by this, to me it just feels like youre rushing out content without testing it believing that everyone loves you unconditionally and you can fix it later, this may be true for what may as well be the majority of the community thats happy to coddle you, but cmon guys people pay money to support you, show them respect by offering a working product.

Theres no good way to tell you guys to seriously and properly QA test an update before launch. Make a PTS, use a secret test server that pings out of house. Just do something more than youre doing.

F2p isnt an excuse for poor technical quality, beta isnt an excuse for poor technical quality.

14 minutes ago, Papragu said:

Crash,Crash,Crash. Before yesterdays hotfix i could play fine. Today onslaught keeps crashing on me. And could we please get a direct way into onslaught from our lander? Having to go to a relay is rather annoying.

There is a way. It is on the same tab of navigation as syndicate runs.

Now i expect DE will patch this out and remain silent about the tons of wasted drops all of us had during this weekend.

This was not a good time to release this. Not to mention the super crowded drop table, the inability to get your reward without someone going in the conduit.

2 hours ago, W3zeer said:

Tbh, for those who've been around a while this is exactly the reputation DE now has. I can't remember a many Updates you where able to enjoy or even normally play the day it got released. Especially those that where hyped the most. Specters of the fail, The War Within, Plains of Eidolon, all of those where full of bugs that made playing them a real torture. What it did for me, was that I pretty much lost my excitement for their updates, because I know for the first few weeks, you'll only get a preview while they fix progression stoppers that should have never even been there when the content got released. If they only believed that we are patient enough to wait those extra days or weeks in order to get content we can enjoy from the beginning. Maybe they should enlist the help of some testplayers from the community. I bet a lot of us would do that for free.

I started playing again after an unknown hiatus when valkyr prime got released. The glast gambit to me was pretty ok but most importantly was pretty stable. Pacifism defect was the same thing, chains and octavia the same thing, ambulus the same thing.

All those were fairly stable on release to where i didnt get more than 1 fatal error. I cant speak for others but to me thats the lowest bar you gotta pass

I've had literally zero issues with onslaught. Which means about as much as you having issues with onslaught. That aside, most updates with new content for pretty much any game ships with a variety of bugs, some big and some small. Its the nature of the beast, especially with DE being relatively small company.

It's more useful to help fix said bugs rather then complaining on the forums. You can't reliably bug test in a short time when dealing with a million and one different hardware configurations. PC's are not standardised like consoles.

Edited by StinkyPygmy