Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[PC] Beasts of the Sanctuary: General Feedback Megathread

[DE]Danielle

quick first impression, in solo for now :

- The mission feel unrewarding and that's bad in a game like warframe. Rewards in end mission rewards screen make me sad. Add some credits / Kuva and others things please.

- In solo the spawning of ennemies makes some tileset near impossible to complet. I could only go to zone 11 in Elite onslaught. The moon tileset for example is horrible

Spoiler

0hPBjsF.jpg

- About the ultimate cooldown, i don't know if it's the right thing, i mean some frame don't really rely on the ultimate while others use them a lot. Maybe kinda unfair. I didn't really check the update note so maybe other powers got cooldown too if used too much. You might want to add some other restrictions.

- In public multiplayer, you should make the Elite mode only available in the Orcus relay on Pluto. (if it still has a mr 8 restriction).

- In the plus side the mode give a lot of action and is very promising so good job in that aspect. I didn't really see the time pass, but when the mission ends and you see the end mission screen you feel a little bit dead inside.

Edited by Gilmaesh

Okay so brutally honest feedback here. This is terrible. The rewards are crap. The fact that enemies don't drop resources and mods further cements the fact that you are nickel and diming the players time. This game mode is just survival on a single rotation tile. Efficiency is Life support. Rotations are every 5 minutes. This is boring, and hardly worthy of a full update patch. Really really disappointed.

I'm giving feedback after some 3 hotfixes uploaded to the game.

Sanctuary Onslaught Game mode:

-It's good, finally made me give some actual use to my Saryn brawler build outside Mot runs (which were pointless doing). Its fun to play, especially with friends and clan-mates. The normal mode is not that hard and nice for newer players, I myself got bored even on zone 11 but past that it was starting to get better. Problem is that somehow my whole squad got pulled out of the game as if the mission had been accomplished (with even Lotus saying her usual stuff). There was no host immigration nor we ran out of efficiency, it was just out of the blue. Some tilesets offered major FPS drops as well, specially the Orokin Derelict one, while others ran just as smooth as usual. The rewards feels like there are too many relics and I got 3 times the same captura scene. I know what to do with the relics, but don't know what to do with 2 extra captura scenes that will most definitely be 5 plat worth at most. However, I do understand that over time there will be more unique rewards; I just expected a more complete state for this.

-My one complaint and suggestion: The efficiency orbs. It's just like the focus orbs: a bad thing. It's really bad in a game mode called "Onslaught" to go out of your way and look for golden orbs just to keep yourself in the game, even though you and your team are completely slaughtering the enemy. Instead of picking up Orbs, we could, say, have Simaris give us some challenge to do like "Kill 10 enemies with headshots" or anything of the sort. It would be much better and make actual sense considering that Simaris pretty much wants to watch people die in a billion different ways.

We could also have after, say Zone 15 or 10, a reward every conduit. You know, scaling things up, spicing things up while pushing us to do our best... Like how Kuva survival was supposed to be.

-Khora

- Not having a quest for Khora made me really feel like this update was... empty, in my heart. We had all that hype building up with the Ghouls fragments, telling a very nice story, only to arrive at the relay and have Simaris tell us "oh, yeah, some dude from Cetus conveniently gave me her blueprints and I synthesized a cat that disappeared in my realm.". And then you get Khora through the Onslaught. While the idea of having her parts and her Kavat in the Sanctuary is not bad, not giving us any clarity about how this happened is weird. We know what happened to Limbo, Inaros, Mirage, etc. I just hope that we will have a quest later, but am afraid that this is not likely to happen.

-Tenno reinforcements: Havent completed the builds yet, but my clan-mates loved the new guns. Looking at the stats and their uniqueness, I must assume they are indeed amazing. The new Syandana looks very good as well as Khora herself. New Zaw parts are always welcome as well, specially now that we can have a Katana and hammer Zaw!

All in all, it is a good update. I just expected more things being shipped at once due to it being almost 4 months late. Not having a quest for Khora feels like its just a regular update like the Shrine of Eidolon was.

Edited by Nitro747

Round 15 of Sanctuary I ask "How do I leave?"  One of the two Saryn Prime's I'm with says "Let the counter go to 0.  But," she says, "this is Ms. Saryn's Wild Ride."  We zone into the round 16 area and promptly crash out.  Bye bye Khora chassis and all those relics.

Then I find out from a clannie that you can leave by just not entering the portal.  That should be something that's made much more obvious.  Even a second portal for people who want to exit would be a great idea.  Something clear that says "go here if you want to stop" without necessarily being an "extract/battle" selection.

I do find this gamemode fun. However, it gets less fun when you are trying to farm Khora and her drop chance is 7%. Her drop rate needs to be higher (maybe 20-21% like most of the others?). I've gotten only one of her parts (chassis) over numerous runs since this update came out. There are game breaking bugs that need to be fixed ASAP. One is when you start the mission in the Sanctuary Simaris Void thing and the portal doesn't generate. All it produces is an untextured blue circle. Another that really infuriates me is that at seemingly random ends of rounds, the portal does not generate. The efficiency ticks down to zero and the mission is over. My final critique with this gamemode is that crowd control frames like Banshee and Nova are way to OP. Obviously, crowd control should have its place in the game and this gamemode, but not to the extent where you run around looking for enemies to kill.

I want to like this gamemode. I really do and I know that you are capable of making it amazing. Also, I know it's early in the implementation of this gamemode, but please try to fix the problems listed above.

Yeah... enthusiastically dove into the new game mode. And crashed. Three times. 

Let it be known I've never seen Warframe truly freeze. Not ever. I've seen login problems and issues with entering the Plains but nothing this overtly buggy. Sanctuary is unlpayable at this point. 

Edit: I just want to add that the bugs don't start until round 10-12, i.e.; when you're actually invested in gains and you realize your time is completely wasted.

Edited by Schwood

Played more of Snactuary this morning and my new thought (after 2 hotfixes) are :
1. In solo mode u cant get past 5th zone (i couldnt) cause efficincy drops too fast and there r not many enemies to kill.... duno if u planned this only as party mode, but in solo its pretty bad.
2. i havents seen ppl complaining about this, but in my games portals take like 20seconds to spawn for the next area after the time runs out, in that time enemies die and i am left with nothing to kill and efficiancy just goes down with me standing and unable to do anything about it (maybe cause my comp is not that strong but i would like to see this fixed)

3. i saw players giving the idea that efficincy orbs should give us small tasks that if w perform we get more efficiancy and i agree with them.

thats pretty much the update of my previous statment.... am gonna maybe give a few more if i find something new to add

Game mode - as it is fun to obliterate tons of enemies itself - has nothing more to offer. Literally, you just farm for almost nothing. Captura scenes? Really? Some odd mod? Khora drop rate is even higher than Nidus and Ivara was at first, so grind as usual. 

Also, no new drops with only 3 weapons after such a long time is a miss from my point of view. You really had time to work on it, and the only thing delivered is the mode. Khora is weak, compared to other frames, and since pets still ain't fixed, well, kinda useless.

Considering RNG, you guys should point your attention to Monster Hunter World - they actually listen to their numbers and tone down stuff as demanded - and people still play it for sheer awesomeness of fights.

I'm here to adress some changes that I wish to see in this new game mod. With all respect to DE !:satisfied:

First of all, I don't think that the sanctuary onslaught mod will replace the focus grind technics that we all have if it stays the same. The only convergence lens at the beginning of the zone is not enough. It would be more apropriate to make it appear at about 40second in the zone, so we've had the time to build up combo mutliplyer, powers buff etc... or give us one at the beginning and one at the end of the zone. But one is not enough it it keeps the % that it has right now. It's just not enough.:nerd:

Second, I don't think that putting thoose scenes in the table drop is not a good move, at least not at this drop percentage. Speaking for myself, I'm not realy into captura and I see this as a big waist of reward, given the fact it's most of the rewards I get and as a consequence, I'm not happy at all when I see this stuff drop at each god damn rotation:sadcry: It's a nich thing and it needs to be in places that won't overtake the most wanted rewards for the majority of the players. More over, what's the point in dropping many times the same scene, you won't need another one when you have it once. I think that it needs to be in another place of rewards, like syndicats and simaris.

Third, I'm not realy against all those relics dropping cause I'm always poor in relics :highfive: but I feel like it's gona move a lot of the community into this game mod for this reason. Aside from the scenes, I only get relics at an impressiv rate. I understand that it might have been the goal : to make people want to play this game mod - but it might make us borred cause we love the tilesets taht we have, we love the cool camping technics that we've came up with to grind stuff and all of the aspects of a warframe mission. This one is straight to good for relics, in my opinion it will become a chore to go grind resources after dropping all the relics we wanted, which leads me to my fourth point.

Where are the ressources ? I understand that given the fact that all the tileset and all the factions are in this game mod, it wou'ld be to easy to make everything drop according to the place and the mob we're fighting in each zone. But nothing is not a good option in my opinon. :sad: I would rather see a strict drop in the void onslaught with some low drop rate given the S#&$ tone of enemies that are spawning. Make this mission drop some stuff, but not to much, we have to play the rest of the game without feeling it's a chore.

Fifth, why no token system ? Or reputation ? Giving a meaning to our score would be great, cause for now I realy don't give a damn about my score. It would be nice to be able able to spend something to get some other things. We have this for syndicats, I don't ask to transform it into a syndicat like mission, but this system is waaaaay more appealing and rewarding than RNGesus. Moreover, it would solve the ''too many scenes drop'' problem that I mentioned earlier :devil:

Sixth, I saw a lot of people complaining about the fact that there is no quest for this game mod. It's true that it doesn't make realy any sens in the lore and feels like a botched introduction for a game mod that definitly deserve this kind of opening.

Seventh and last, Is it me or sometimes the counter just does what it wants ? I feel some times that it's not realy responding to the billions of ennemies I'm butchering my through and it makes me very frustrated and feel weak. Even tho I change of equipment all the time in order to stay away from simaris restriction for overuse. So I was wondering if it was just me or a bug :highfive:

Here is what I observed, I quite love this game mod and I can't wait to drop all Khora's parts ! But I wish It was more than it's now and better tuned for what it was aiming at for focus.

Did 3 runs today, finished 1, two others wasted because stuck in host migration yay

only took me 6 runs to manage to back back cernos to level 30 due to game crahes and host migration,  and they expect us to manage to get wepaons in this mission with that so low drop rates if I can only complet 1/3 of runs,

In fact I did a grand total of 7 runs and only finished 2, so 5 runs were a total waste of time

Ad yes, I will post a new message every time that game stuck

Edited by Renarde-Louve

I went through 11 zones on Elite Sanctuary Onslaught. Got Endo, a mod and whatever other rewards and when it was over my mission statement only said i gained focus. I wasn't mad but when i checked, no focus was added and i literally got nothing for going through 11 zones. I did 11 zones for no rewards, no focus, no credits, nothing. 

Please remove Endo from drop tables, for real, please. Please reduce the timer or let the players use any methods (e.g. killing xx targets to reduce 15 secs, not using abilities for several seconds to reduce xx secs, each zone got different prerequisites; chosen by Simaris) to make the conduit spawns faster, it's really boring and took too much time, especially when you're trying to reach rotation C. 

I'd be having more fun if I wasn't constantly losing drops to the crashes.  I generally like the game mode, I do wish rewards were a little faster, every wave instead of every other, especially with the drop chances for the "good stuff".  My main complaint is the uncertainty of getting anything at all for my time invested due to the mission ending borked due to a host migration/crash.  Several times, including my first elite run, I got nothing at all - no focus, no drops, nothing - because we had the mission screw up.  That just makes me want to go play something else

Please, PLEASE do something against Quake Banshees in this mode.

The maps are small enough for a Banshee to kill all enemies the moment they spawn. That makes this mode stupidly boring for the rest of the group.

So I've played it a bit more, with squads this time, and...

-It's a snoozefest in normal. In elite, after it's properly ramped up, maybe it COULD get interesting, however, normal, with a squad, is even duller than in solo, and normal is obviously where the best odds of finding randomly chancing upon Khora parts are (I didn't drop any this time either)

My first time had a quake Banshee just spamming augmented quake. The rest of us could do literally nothing but wait, or snatch a few enemies in-between casts of quake. Normal does not restrict the use of such abilities, which is baffling. As I predicted, public onslaught is an ode to killing power maximization.

My second time was a bit more interesting, if only because we only had one maiming strike whip user running around. But once I'd maxed my newly acquired dual Keres, it started becoming routine again.

-Some people have been noticing that there's a lot of maps that are not adapted for this, because they are too large, too full of obstacles the AI is unable to navigate...they are right. This could use new, dedicated maps, specially crafted to streamline the process.

-I've posted a long one about the rewards being underwhelming and unreasonably, and this bears repeating, but they are.

-Sanctuary Onslaught has a good focus to variety ratio, especially compared to twin-Eidolon-lenses-Loki-with-melee-weapon-Naramon-passive-stealth Adaro, but twin-Eidolon-lenses-Loki-with-melee-weapon-Naramon-passive-stealth Adaro remains the single fastest way to max focus, at least in solo. With a booster, I can reach my daily focus cap in 30 minutes. In Onslaught, it would probably take over two hours. So, it's not really that good of a source of focus.

-People have been suggesting a lot that Onslaught yields a reward every single round, instead of every other round. I second this as being an excellent idea, as it will make it feel better to play, and more fast-paced as well. It would also be quite good if rounds were shorter, or if there was a way to shorten them (with actual skills, rather than set-ups so powerful they might as well be automated)

I understand a lot of this is on us as a community, for seeking to maximize killing speed and efficiency (hah) and minizing fun, but the design of Onslaught clearly encourages it, and that's bad. We are overpowered. Overpowered by boredom. From being excessively powerful. Because the game is demanding it from us.

Edited by starMute

I'm extremely disappointed in Lato Vandal "unvaulting". It was a nice "participation certificate" that made people who played from alpha, when there were only corpus ships with grineer on them and walls had no textures, feel like they're more connected to the game. We were told that they won't be ever given away but here we come...

Imagine, you've happened to be the first person on the Venus and you get medal that says "Only for the first person on Venus" on it. No matter if it was worth 2 sticks and one rock it was a very SPECIAL reward for you. 3 years later everyone gets the very same medal just for thinking "Ahhh... I wish I was the one who was first on Venus". Now your medal which had a big personal value for you isn't worth more than a forma and 130 of its blueprints that sits idly for ages in your inventory.

1xugqf.jpg

Edited by Reyer