Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dear DE, I can wait for new content

IkeaSofa

Yes there are people complaining that it takes too long to get this and that.
But are they the majority?

Literally all of my friends playing warframe can wait for any content. So why even rush development and ship something out that's full of bugs?
I've never complained about how long I will have to wait for new content.

I'm sure they will do a good job fixing some minor bugs! Just don't rush things...

Is there anyone else with the same opinion?

Edited by Korunos.

This is a double edged sword really.

They are already holding back content for longer periods of time compared to a few years back with the rushed disaster that was the second dream update (those who were around at the time know what rushed content really looks like)

However waiting around till its relatively bug free is quite harmful as well as every day without new content means less income then the day before that. So even without whining cries for new content DE is still racing against a never ending clock, each release simply sets it back a bit.

22 minutes ago, Korunos. said:

I've never complained about how long I will have to wait for new content.

so you didnt complain about how long it took for them to release TWW?

Edited by Jim22

I can wait. The thing is, almost half a year without any content(primes dont count, they have their own hard schedule) and beasts of sanctuary drops THAT raw? Thats not how it supposed to be when you taking your time to polish the content.

And while personally i dont mind them releasing raw stuff and fixing it on the fly, because thats how it has always been and we should be used to that, this update took lots of time to finally arrive and most annoying bug when you lose rewards if host leaves still hasnt been fixed.

Edited by Sormaran

2 minutes ago, Korunos. said:

Since I'm playing on PC and don't own any console I prefer an polished update/release

As I said, wait until a version of the update gets shipped to console. 

Updating processes for consoles isn't as simple as hotfixing many times over a day so the version that gets shipped to consoles is more or less complete and bugfree. 

38 minutes ago, Cleopatranikea said:

The majority of playerbase is want everything instant. The patient persons are the minority.

Then the majority should their expectations set straight!! As much as would love that Onslaught and Tennogen round 12 to come to console this week I know it isn't gonna happen and so I am ready to wait it out as I always have for Warframe and it's always worth it.

Edited by (XB1)BigLithuanian

19 minutes ago, Korunos. said:

This is quite sad to be honest.

Things like onslaught happens when people are impatient.

consider the fact that khora was delayed to the extreme point as well.

i'd much prefer having them releasing content much faster with bugs than delay them with less bugs. playerbase can provide the data needed to fix bugs much faster than de can do itself. we are simply far more crowded. 

We're back to these threads again already? 

We just had 6 months of people saying "I can wait, I can wait" and subsequently we waited and still got a buggy mess.

Give these threads a rest. If we continue to encourage DE to wait then we just end up getting buggy content later, fixes later and then they work on the next content later. Give us that buggyness asap, then it can be fixed asap and we can all enjoy it asap.

Threads like this are, imo, naive.

as a console player, I'm no left with much choice but to wait for updates anyway, but I do think that DE should take their time a little more, at least for the major updates. at this point I'd say it's unfair to judge Warframes and modes upon release since they either won't function due to bugs and/or will be drastically changed later on. Sanctuary Onslaught is a mess now but when it's fixed, people can finally get a proper opinion on it. same with Khora: kit seems to be lacklustre but she'll get reworked, and then she might become a completely different animal.

even after something is released, you should wait for hotfixes before passing judgement on something; at least with the current model. I know DE has to keep releasing new content but they may be running the risk of going too fast, rushing too much content and driving players away.

They had new content (new mechanics, which means ne game basically) but every soul on the forum wanted their heads for it so they didn't publish it. That netted a 4 additional months without contents. Khora had to be rethough from scratch since she was to rely on Damage 2.5 - which added I esteem 2-3 months of delay.

Mostly the delays are traceable to the hardcore whiners on these forums, on the ultimatum givers and on those who "who thinks of the old gamers?" when it's the new players that bring revenues and the old players will inevitably get bored like any person who does the same activities for a long time. You don't stay on top selling to the same customers, you do that finding NEW customers. And since this is a completely f2p game there is really nothing to feel entitled of.

Honestly, grind is fine if it's 'fairly balanced', the current update is too high on the grind with a heavy bias towards forcing a longer run (2 rounds per reward and rotation c has 2 items) on a single mission type, which to be perfectly honest is pretty boring after your first few goes, and it's not a new thing, it's been gradually getting worse for a fair while now.   We don't even get any normal loot on these runs either so it's actually pretty unrewarding in general. 

I know the argument will be buy it if you want it sooner but not everyone wants to buy it with plat (which isn't necessarily bought anyway), some actually grind it for something to do in game as they've done everything else. 

Those that want it instantly will buy it no matter what, there are other benefits to buying it straight out than just getting it now, but the grind shouldn't be designed in a way to try and push players to buying it with plat by making the player annoyed by the drops etc.  Sheldon even says it at 22mins in that linked youtube video that they don't want to do this but I honestly think they have missed it with onslaught and the rewards table it has. 

EDIT: I've suggested in the past adding a short 'plat only' window (say  7 days) on new items because we all know that the plat sales will come in the first week to 2 weeks of a new release anyway.  But in return for that, we don't get the stupid drop rates we've been getting of late.  DE would still be sticking to their 'everyone plays free' moto, it's just the ones who don't want to pay (or trade) need to wait just a little longer. 

Edited by LSG501

11 minutes ago, den2k said:

They had new content (new mechanics, which means ne game basically) but every soul on the forum wanted their heads for it so they didn't publish it. That netted a 4 additional months without contents. Khora had to be rethough from scratch since she was to rely on Damage 2.5 - which added I esteem 2-3 months of delay.

Mostly the delays are traceable to the hardcore whiners on these forums, on the ultimatum givers and on those who "who thinks of the old gamers?" when it's the new players that bring revenues and the old players will inevitably get bored like any person who does the same activities for a long time. You don't stay on top selling to the same customers, you do that finding NEW customers. And since this is a completely f2p game there is really nothing to feel entitled of.

Well said!! DE did indeed have content planned but people complained and so it never happened.

Edited by (XB1)BigLithuanian

The onslaught was not rushed.

It's stable on a strong pc, with some issues they didn't see coming, like losing reward when changing host.

Most new gamemode are tested on the pc release.

This one is like survival with a scaling decrease in efficiency and every kill will contribute to raise it instead of few survival kit/pod.

Warframe is a game that already has a hard time keeping vets they need to keep shipping things because as is the game is easy to play through and then be stuck with the question now what? The star chart doesnt take long if you go straight for what you need, and warframes are preference sure you could try to collect them all but thats not everyone's cup of tea so yeah speed is necessary for DE they knew this when they made the game is in their documentary. Also im personally fine with the sanctuary onslaught because while it is buggy its still new i dont expect a perfect product to be released with warframe i expect it to be released in a decent time and then for them to hotfix it at their own pace. Honestly im surprised so many people are so upset about the bugs when it atleast gives you something OPTIONALLY new to do even if its just for fun.

7 minutes ago, S.Dust said:

Warframe is a game that already has a hard time keeping vets they need to keep shipping things because as is the game is easy to play through and then be stuck with the question now what? The star chart doesnt take long if you go straight for what you need, and warframes are preference sure you could try to collect them all but thats not everyone's cup of tea so yeah speed is necessary for DE they knew this when they made the game is in their documentary. Also im personally fine with the sanctuary onslaught because while it is buggy its still new i dont expect a perfect product to be released with warframe i expect it to be released in a decent time and then for them to hotfix it at their own pace. Honestly im surprised so many people are so upset about the bugs when it atleast gives you something OPTIONALLY new to do even if its just for fun.

Dont find this true look at Warframes player count is more consistent  than its ever been. I have friends who have been playing since the start and are still playing and grinding 

Edited by Moe_Kazama