Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

RIP Abating Link Trinity?

viperveteran

So there is a new nuker in town abating link trinity using self damage to wipe the tileset clean, that concerns me as I use ALT quite often. The reason it concerns me is because I know DE will probably nerf her sooner or later if she becomes too popular. It is pretty much inevitable since nukers tend to be the most popular anyway. So I would like to ask DE ahead of time that if there is a nerf please do not take away the functionality of abating link and link if anything must change just make link not work with self damage and that is it, no more. If there is no desire to nerf ALT great.

3 minutes ago, viperveteran said:

So there is a new nuker in town abating link trinity using self damage to wipe the tileset clean, that concerns me as I use ALT quite often. The reason it concerns me is because I know DE will probably nerf her sooner or later if she becomes too popular. It is pretty much inevitable since nukers tend to be the most popular anyway. So I would like to ask DE ahead of time that if there is a nerf please do not take away the functionality of abating link and link if anything must change just make link not work with self damage and that is it, no more. If there is no desire to nerf ALT great.

I highly doubt Abating Link would get changed. More likely, it'd be the interaction of self-damage and Link, which is probably the best way to approach it.

it's not really new at all(been known for at minimum 6 months) but anyways as usual ofcourse we'd all hope that the actual problem would be addressed if any sort of potential problem in the game is addressed.
granted precedence suggests that everything around the source of a problem will get bandaided instead but ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

16 minutes ago, TheGrimCorsair said:

I highly doubt Abating Link would get changed. More likely, it'd be the interaction of self-damage and Link, which is probably the best way to approach it.

even though if anything is a problem, it's the math for Damage Resist Mods
>.>

well, they wont nerf it, as it's specific expensive and unreliable setup(elders are immune to radiation, for example, so you cant take it to the void or infestation). nothing in common with 1 forma bashee or ember low level afk nukers.

The only nerf the Abating Link build needs is that towards its users ego. Too many times have I seen Trinity-scrubs complaining at the rest of the party about how people arent pulling their weight, completely ignoring the fact that many people simply level weapons or frames on those same maps. Then a few seconds later they lie there dead due to failing their trinny-jigg, again complaining when people mysteriously wont rezz them. Gee-oh I wonder why people let them rot.

This is sadly a very trinity specific thing that I rarely see when other AoE frames are used. I mean, alot of these people seem to think this a new and inventive build that they themselves came up with and need to stroke their e-wee-wee whenever they get the chance. Saddest part is that it is usually on static defense maps that these scrubs show up and do their act.

For what I know... this exists since the beginning of Trinity. I don't know why they didn't do something about this years ago. Maybe because it wasn't so popular... but now, with Onslaught release, there's a lot of players using it. 

22 minutes ago, Sqecmi said:

(elders are immune to radiation, for example, so you cant take it to the void or infestation).

the only Infested that are immune to Radiation are specific types of Infested Eximus(Eximus Heavies), and most Infested when under an Elemental Resist Modifier(Sorties).

4 minutes ago, BLI7Z said:

For what I know... this exists since the beginning of Trinity.

it completely relies on Resistance Mods - it was not possible before Aviator got its value buffed (which happened with the Ambulas Reborn Event).

Edited by taiiat

1 hour ago, taiiat said:

it's not really new at all(been known for at minimum 6 months) but anyways as usual ofcourse we'd all hope that the actual problem would be addressed if any sort of potential problem in the game is addressed.
granted precedence suggests that everything around the source of a problem will get bandaided instead but ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

even though if anything is a problem, it's the math for Damage Resist Mods
>.>

Nah, it's the reflecting self-damage. The damage resist mods just make it slightly easier to do.

18 минут назад, taiiat сказал:

the only Infested that are immune to Radiation are specific types of Infested Eximus(Eximus Heavies), and most Infested when under an Elemental Resist Modifier(Sorties).

seems you dont play trinity alot

there is plently of this stuff at corrupted tiles, and you become bound to them with all 3 links in no time, and even one bound decreases your effective dps by 30% at least.

25 минут назад, Prof.549 сказал:

Mostly it's for a "show-off" on Hydron for 5 waves(99% of them leave after that). Didn't meet it anywhere else and happy about it.

i took it to wave 16 elite onslaught. good enough?

im also quite dedicated playing this build.

YrseQWn.png

Il y a 2 heures, viperveteran a dit :

The problem is that no other warframe can use self damage to fuel its powers. Harrow can't. Rhino can't, so it's obviously a bug or unintended if trinity can. Then there's the fact that it takes no effort, no skill, and no risk to use. You don't even need LoS for link to work so NPCs can't even threaten you, which is bad, obviously. It's not a matter of "if" it's a matter of "when" it gets nerfed.

hace 1 hora, taiiat dijo:

it completely relies on Resistance Mods - it was not possible before Aviator got its value buffed (which happened with the Ambulas Reborn Event).

When Blessing could get to 99%, no Resistance Mods were required... I saw some videos and builds from 2014 with Trinity doing this against enemies lvl 1000+

1 hour ago, taiiat said:

It does now. 

It existed when Blessing still had invulnerability and appeared again (briefly) when it was 99% DR. 

This sort of thing pre-dates Abating Link. 

It has considerable risk, since you have a number of things to keep track of and it was quite easy to blow yourself up, even in the invulnerability days. That's assuming you even care about blowing yourself up...

Lastly, there's nothing here you can't do with any number of powerful AoE weapons, especially after the extensive weapons buffs we've seen. It's a gimmick. Nothing more and nothing less. 

40 minutes ago, sixmille said:

The problem is that no other warframe can use self damage to fuel its powers. Harrow can't. Rhino can't, so it's obviously a bug or unintended if trinity can. Then there's the fact that it takes no effort, no skill, and no risk to use. You don't even need LoS for link to work so NPCs can't even threaten you, which is bad, obviously. It's not a matter of "if" it's a matter of "when" it gets nerfed.

Chroma fuels himself with self damage. Especially true of electric builds. 

il y a 2 minutes, Sajochi a dit :

Chroma fuels himself with self damage. Especially true of electric builds. 

This is inaccurate, chroma uses an ability that is tied to health value. It's completely independent from incoming damage.

1 hour ago, TheGrimCorsair said:

Nah, it's the reflecting self-damage. The damage resist mods just make it slightly easier to do.

it's very inefficient past low Level Enemies (and always has been) without Damage Resist Mods letting Players use some really powerful stuff as safely as the weak stuff. see also below.

1 hour ago, Sqecmi said:

seems you dont play trinity alot

there is plently of this stuff at corrupted tiles, and you become bound to them with all 3 links in no time, and even one bound decreases your effective dps by 30% at least.

ah, so instead of ""Infested"" you specifically meant Ancient Healers. say what you mean.
Spike Damage can ignore Healers, and if you were doing it efficiently you'd be using a Melee to widely spread Radiation Status anyways to break all Auras (including Elemental Auras).

28 minutes ago, BLI7Z said:

When Blessing could get to 99%, no Resistance Mods were required...

28 minutes ago, Sloan441 said:

It existed when Blessing still had invulnerability and appeared again (briefly) when it was 99% DR. 

the amount of Damage you'd be dealing to yourself with 99.9324% Damage Resist while relatively safe, is still a different ballpark in the vein of needing to Cast Blessing every few seconds because dealing Damage to yourself is much easier than the Enemies dealing it to you.
as despite all of that, you could easily deal several hundred DPS to yourself through the Damage Resist. which is why... you basically only saw people doing it with Concealed Explosives because it was extremely safe to do it with. rather than the really high Damage stuff that you could still two shot or potentially oneshot yourself with.
so ergo now Players can use something which deals exponentially higher DPS without just dying in the process because of how much Damage our Weapons do.

Edited by taiiat