Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

the sorties bosses are almost impossible for people new to them

ndagX

Ever since i got my operator and started doing the daily sorties, one of the thing that truly frustrates me is the GOD forsaken corpus bosses as the last challenge especially (the spawn of hell himself) ambulas. To this day i can't defeat that piece of junk. 

He might be an interesting boss in the regular boss fight but when he is in the colossal thing that is the final sortie it is almost impossible if you are just starting out with the sorties and if God forsakes you with the energy reduction condition, then goodluck on your journey.

And i know some people will just say why don't get this gun that can one shot him without failing to realize that not everyone is as stocked up on forma, potatoes, "Godly" rivens as more invested individuals.And i pray for those who do not have a good enough internet to do it with randoms,that is implying that the random members will not bail at the slightest sign of failing leaving you at where you began.

I wrote this just to point out some of the more absurd bosses with unfavorable condition examples are :

-raptor

-ambulas

-lephantis

that is my gripe with sorties because i am relatively new to sorties and i am not fully stocked on everything to even give me a chance to do any damage on those bosses listed above,that is my problem with sorties.

Edited by ndagX

But... sorties are for those that are stocked up on forma, potatoes, weapons and frames. Still don't need a Riven for anything. If you don't have the right tools for  various sorties, you just aren't ready for the sortie.

Edited by Firetempest

Well atleast it gives newer players something that they can work towards. Warframe overall is an 'easy' game so a challenge of some sort and enemies you can't easily defeat are much needed... otherwise there's no real point in playing when you look at a big picture :awkward:

Edited by suchamess

the challenge isn't really my problem, it is some of the unfavorable condition such as energy reduction or armor enhancement are just to much with the much tougher boss and i play solo most of the time 

Ambula is a bit inconsistent when it comes to the hit zones. It'll die almost instantly if I get a lucky shot that also proc munition slash on my VectisP/Lanka

But I prefer crushing it with sheer force (Mesa).

I still couldn't like how more annoying this one boss is but I can manage.

Oh yeah no Sortie is not newbie-friendly. Deal with that

2 minutes ago, ndagX said:

the challenge isn't really my problem, it is some of the unfavorable condition such as energy reduction or armor enhancement are just to much with the much tougher boss and i play solo most of the time 

Well, if you solo Sorties without many Formas and potatoes and get stuck only at the last boss let me tell you, you are definetely a badass.

1 minute ago, ndagX said:

That's kinda the point of Sorties.

They were intended to be "endgame"-ish.  Something hard to do that you have to work up to doing, or having "a Plan" i.e. Cheeze it!!

8 минут назад, suchamess сказал:

there's no real point in playing when you look at a big picture

there is no actual reason for playing this game, in the majority of cases people came up with artificial tasks or challenges. Like, sit on survival for several hours for example. Or collect all the mods etc. etc.

3 minutes ago, ndagX said:

It changes nothing.

Sorties are not supposed to be for everyone, if you can't do it then you haven't "grown" for them just yet. Practice, improve, get better tools and come back.

And no, you don't need to go full meta for sorties either. We've been doing doing sorties before half of current meta came into existance. Just be prepared.

8 hours ago, ndagX said:

Ever since i got my operator and started doing the daily sorties, one of the thing that truly frustrates me is the GOD forsaken corpus bosses as the last challenge especially (the spawn of hell himself) ambulas. To this day i can't defeat that piece of junk. 

He might be an interesting boss in the regular boss fight but when he is in the colossal thing that is the final sortie it is almost impossible if you are just starting out with the sorties and if God forsakes you with the energy reduction condition, then goodluck on your journey.

And i know some people will just say why don't get this gun that can one shot him without failing to realize that not everyone is as stocked up on forma, potatoes, "Godly" rivens as more invested individuals.And i pray for those who do not have a good enough internet to do it with randoms,that is implying that the random members will not bail at the slightest sign of failing leaving you at where you began.

I wrote this just to point out some of the more absurd bosses with unfavorable condition examples are :

-raptor

-ambulas

-lephantis

that is my gripe with sorties because i am relatively new to sorties and i am not fully stocked on everything to even give me a chance to do any damage on those bosses listed above,that is my problem with sorties.

Out of the Three Examples you posted, Lephantis is worse than the Ambulas. You can always play in a Squad instead of Solo but the Sortie Ambulas do require a strong Radiation Weapon to kill it since he's a bit of a sponge. It's one of those bosses that require more Progress to have a easier time defeating it and Hacking it. Lephantis though, His DR is sky high so out of all of the bosses in this game, he would take the longest. Ambulas is more of a Mobile Defense boss fight since you kill the boss, Hack the boss, and defend him.

energy reduction?   drop Energy Restores (the small one, due to the reduced energy pool) if you're so dependant on it.  Equip along Energy Siphon Aura and prioritze focus on Zenurik school.

Armor enhancement?  Several frames have skills that reduce / remove armor.  Or equip and mod your secondary weapon for high status% with Corrossive to remove armor and let your primary do the killing.

When sorties become available for the first time to a new player, they already have the basic equipment to tackle Sorties.  Its their lack of fully grasping the game mechanics that is the true challenge they need to overcome to make it easy.

Unless you unlocked sorties and haven't even maxed out the r10 damage / health mods yet, then you are definitely going too fast.

1 hour ago, SilverRook said:

rivens are a crutch.

If you can't compete without them you're doing it wrong.

That depends on the weapon. In 350 hrs of gameplay I found only a handful of weapons that are pleasant to shoot and of course they're anything but end game, without Riven the best fails at level 30.

Just now, den2k said:

That depends on the weapon. In 350 hrs of gameplay I found only a handful of weapons that are pleasant to shoot and of course they're anything but end game, without Riven the best fails at level 30.

No weapon in the game fails at level 30.

1 hour ago, kylooooren said:

No weapon in the game fails at level 30.

Sobek, Boar. Even a fully modded Sobek struggles at 30 and ceases to be useful at 40. I used Sobek for more than 50% of my play time, I tesetd it on most battlefields. The only way to keep it useful until level 60-70 is with a hell of a Riven and after that it starts being ineffective, it is saved only because Acid Shells can make up for the lack of damage and 100% status can be used as a squad helper (though at the cost of less than half damage, from 23.5k to 11k per shot).

1 hour ago, den2k said:

If you can't go past 30 with any weapon in the game currently, there is a serious problem and it isn't the weapons. How did people play this game before Riven mods?

Tbh I have trouble with ambulas more often than not just because hes less solo friendly than other bosses because you have to protect two of them for the later stages. The last one with energy reduction was pretty aids though, had to resort to cheesing it with mag's magnetise bubble to get it done