Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Thoughts on Fortuna (and the upcoming Venus "open world" node

MirageKnight

On 2018-04-28 at 10:51 AM, (PS4)dursereg said:

Absolute waste of resources and time.

Wut.? Why are you fu¢king negative. Stop being so negative. 

Have you got a single other idea for what the should do? Have you got any other suggestions for what they should do? No, probably not. So stop being so negative. If you feel that way, leave the game. We don't want negative people in our community. 

They said ages ago that they would be working to make all planets open world, I think they're doing a fu¢king awesome job and their worlds and designs look so sick. Very, very hyped for this 

On 2018-04-29 at 6:08 AM, Unus said:

I've gotta ask, could you direct me to where they mention the modular ranged weapons area? 

Edit: Nvmnvm. Realised your comment was old

Edited by Arniox

9 hours ago, AuroraSonicBoom said:

Railjacks looks like they're forced coop, which I hope to Lotus isn't the case or if so doesn't lock any exclusive gear/MR points/other stat changing rewards behind it.

Why though? Warframe has always been a coop game and will never be anything different? If and when the king pin system ever releases and you need entire clans to work together, what're you going to do? 

7 hours ago, MirageKnight said:

On another note, it seems the devs seem to have a thing for borrowing elements from other games. In particular, Metal Gear.

Rescuing endangered animals by tagging them for retrieval by drones for ingame points?

*rolls eyes*

So what? Who the hell cares. This is an awesome idea and I'm glad they have it. Imma become beast master. 

I don't know why so many people are negative about stuff like this. Who cares if games take a few ideas here and there. There is literally dozens of hunting games alone. 

4 hours ago, Ethorin said:

...wait, there are people who watched the Venus gameplay teaser and still think it's "PoE but with Grind Reset"

Yup. Can't blame them for thinking that either.

75% of my clan stopped playing the game shortly after PoE released, citing increased grind and the fact that Zaws and Amps required resources found nowhere else on the star chart.

4 hours ago, Arniox said:

I don't know why so many people are negative about stuff like this. Who cares if games take a few ideas here and there.

Because it's arguably lazy and we expect DE to push the bar a bit higher in terms of ideas and features.

Edited by MirageKnight

10 hours ago, DatDarkOne said:

I saw the hover boards and the first thing that came to my mind was, "I'd prefer my Itzal to this sorry snowboard." 

I kind of agree with this. I like the fact that in PoE, I can use my AW to get to places fairly quickly and do some useful recon. Sniping from the air can also be really fun. I'm getting the distinct feeling that AW will be absent outside of Fortuna...but hopefully I'm wrong.

Trying to remember where I've seen hoverboards in a shooter game before...

Oh right. Unreal Tournament 3!

4 hours ago, Arniox said:

Why though? Warframe has always been a coop game and will never be anything different? If and when the king pin system ever releases and you need entire clans to work together, what're you going to do? 

Hmmmm, my 2+ years show a very nice single player experience. :clem:

As for the Kingpin system, I'm still looking forward to that because it will give me nice assassination targets to stalk as Ivara.  😁 

8 minutes ago, DatDarkOne said:

Hmmmm, my 2+ years show a very nice single player experience.

Likewise :thumbup:

I think of WF as a game that accommodates both solo & co-op minded players, and I think that's a very good approach.

5 minutes ago, DatDarkOne said:

Well DE was part of the development team for the Unreal games.  So not surprising at all.  

Agreed, and it does make sense that they'd use ideas from other games they've worked on.

Still waiting for an ASMD Shock Rifle...because there's a ton of mooks I really need to go "combo-whore" on 😉 

Edited by MirageKnight

In a word - jaw-dropping!

I like that there are some familiar elements - like they have counterpart characters to Konzu and Hok...and seem to have replaced Lotus with another female minder-type character. Scenery is amazing...missions seem interesting enough...and of course new gear to acquire.

9 hours ago, Arniox said:

Wut.? Why are you fu¢king negative. Stop being so negative. 

Have you got a single other idea for what the should do? Have you got any other suggestions for what they should do? No, probably not. So stop being so negative. If you feel that way, leave the game. We don't want negative people in our community. 

They said ages ago that they would be working to make all planets open world, I think they're doing a fu¢king awesome job and their worlds and designs look so sick. Very, very hyped for this 

You realize my post was almost 3 months ago, right?  While many may like the direction warframe is going, I am not one of them. I liked the dark dank claustrophobic feel to the game . Big open empty maps with 20 bots of enemies doesn't impress me.

I am impressed with what they showed, I mean try to name any other F2P or heck....triple A games that give out updates this huge: it's unthinkable in this day and age of corporate greed. And all this for FREE. What a deal! I can't help but admire DE for what they are doing, GJ!

Edited by iuki.

28 minutes ago, (PS4)dursereg said:

You realize my post was almost 3 months ago, right?  While many may like the direction warframe is going, I am not one of them. I liked the dark dank claustrophobic feel to the game . Big open empty maps with 20 bots of enemies doesn't impress me.

You say that like those aspects of the game are gone, but they are still there.  Just pick any hive or Infested mission and there you go.  I will even include most Grineer maps as well.  😁 

10 hours ago, Arniox said:

It's true, though I doubt you'll need a clan as the ship can be operated by 4 people. 

Updated first post to include info on Kitguns and MOA companions, but will repeat here to alleviate the need to backtrack.

KITGUNS

https://youtu.be/sE-VRFj997I?t=181

Kitguns will be customisable secondary weapons comprised of three secions or modules; a Chamber, a Grip, and a Loader with a few options of each to choose from.

• Chambers seem to determine what type of damage the weapon will do, base magazine size, the weapon's accuracy, and the trigger-type. Shown were what appear to be a flame/chem-thrower chamber, a possible ray projector chamber, a projectile chamber that seems to do Blast, Impact and Puncture, and another projectile thrower that does Puncture and Slash.
  • Grips seems to determine rate of fire, amount of damage, and also minimum range for Kitguns that fire beams.
  • Loaders seems to determine reload speed and critical and status for the weapon.

The vendor is Rude Zuud.

MOA COMPANIONS

https://youtu.be/sE-VRFj997I?t=240

MOA Companions will be comprised of three sections or modules; a base Model, a Core, and a Gear.

• The Model determines what precepts the MOA will come with. At least one will have a Tractor Beam and be able to Hack consoles and such. There were 3 Model types, two were centered around utility, offense and I'm guessing the last was defensively-oriented.
  • The Core didn't seem to have any useful description, but I'd surmise that it determines HP and Shields.
  • The Gear component gives the MOA an additional ability. Shown was a Gear module with a Grappling Hook, another gave the MOA a charged, burst fire beam weapon that does Heat damage, and another was a Electrical-based stun weapon that fires every 3 seconds.

The vendor is Boon.

Edited by MirageKnight
Included timestamped links.

9 hours ago, DatDarkOne said:

As for the Kingpin system, I'm still looking forward to that because it will give me nice assassination targets to stalk as Ivara.  😁

It's going to be entirely multi-player. The king pin system is designed around clans and players working together from what we've heard. I highly doubt it'll have too much single player support. Unless you made your own, single player clan. But why? Why do you want to play alone? It's so lonely. 

1 minute ago, Arniox said:

It's going to be entirely multi-player. The king pin system is designed around clans and players working together from what we've heard. I highly doubt it'll have too much single player support. Unless you made your own, single player clan. But why? Why do you want to play alone? It's so lonely. 

Well there are people who have solo clans. Don't think it will be strictly multiplayer only, it will be benefital doing it with others as a clan but should also be doable in solo.