The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

You haven't REALLY experience Warframe until...

Arrbjorn

You've played it on the widest ultra-wide on the market!  I picked this thing up to be able to easily multi-task when working from home and figured it would be a joke as a gaming monitor, but I sure am glad I was wrong.

The colors are amazing with HDR10 support, and the game is silky smooth at 144hz/fps.

MBJeuBp8wmj9V3fHEEBgPUbJowavZAa1lvRCrSOg

Anyone else have awesome setups for farming polymer bundles and nitain?  I mean... being an awesome space ninja?

Post what you think is the best way to experience Warframe!

42 minutes ago, MirageKnight said:

You haven't REALLY experienced Warframe until...

When you are bullet jumping your way through a mission and you get stuck into that gosh-darn sticky spot and you can never get out because bullet jumping is the meta for getting stuck /s

Seriously, its a different experience altogether, the amount of precision require to face outward and then bullet jump out

:facepalm:

2 hours ago, MirageKnight said:

...you run into a host migration issue / ctd and lose at least 20 minutes worth of XP and drops - including a rare mod you really need that you've been trying to farm for 3 weeks.

3 weeks? Try a weapon you have been farming for 5 years...

so much [Hate]... and sadness.

15 hours ago, Arrbjorn said:

You've played it on the widest ultra-wide on the market!  I picked this thing up to be able to easily multi-task when working from home and figured it would be a joke as a gaming monitor, but I sure am glad I was wrong.

The colors are amazing with HDR10 support, and the game is silky smooth at 144hz/fps.

Anyone else have awesome setups for farming polymer bundles and nitain?  I mean... being an awesome space ninja?

Post what you think is the best way to experience Warframe!

What kind of video card are you using to drive that thing? How well does it keep up? I know WF is pretty forgiving but still...

I'd say the best way to experience it is running the graphics on all of the lowest qualities for at least an hour and run several missions so you can see how the more unfortunate Tenno have to experience the game, then when you turn all of your graphics back up, you can fully appreciate the game's graphics.

16 hours ago, LazerSkink said:

tell me how sharp that text is

If you bought a gaming monitor for text clarity, that was your mistake.  However I do hook my work MacBook Pro up to this and work (I'm a developer), and I have no eye strain from looking at text on it all day.  No it's not as nice as on a 2k or 4k monitor, but it's something I have no problem giving up for a more immersive experience. 

I also like that I can fit three windows across on this thing, so I can have VS Code, Chrome, and my design sources up at the same time and use the laptop screen for my email/messaging.  It's like having four monitors but only really having two, which is awesome.

When I'm not in hardcore development mode, I can also use the PbP (picture by picture) to put my dev work on the left part of the screen and my desktop computer on the right.  I threw Symless Synergy, a software KVM, into the mix so that I could move the mouse seamlessly between the two computers on the same monitor and work/play at the same time, which is honestly nothing short of an amazing experience since I now only need my primary keyboard and mouse to use both, or either, of the computers at any given time.

44 minutes ago, NullSaint said:

What kind of video card are you using to drive that thing? How well does it keep up? I know WF is pretty forgiving but still...

I'm running a GTX 1070 6GB

I can run it at the native 3480x1024 @ 144fps (to take advantage of the 144hz the monitor delivers) with all the settings maxed out except for resolution scaling, which I have at 90% which gives me an average of ~150fps.  I can push it to 100% but I get infrequent drops to ~132fps, which honestly isn't noticeable but I have OCD about keeping everything within spec.

Just now, kyori said:

Your favorite frame got nerfed by the developer.

I'm probably going to get force-nerfed by the community for saying this, but I kind of like when they "nerf" my favorite frames.  It makes my approach my game-play in a new way, which is kind of refreshing instead of the same-old same-old grind all the time.

I particularly enjoyed the Ember "nerf" because instead of just standing around bored with WoF up, I got to be more engaged/mobile while actually doing more damage. Plus doing a bullet jump into glide attack and slicing a flaming body in half is probably one of the most satisfying things I've ever experience in Warframe to date.

1 hour ago, Arrbjorn said:

I particularly enjoyed the Ember "nerf" because instead of just standing around bored with WoF up

I see. I am not one of you. I don't stand around when playing as Ember. So her 'nerf' doesn't affect me.

18 hours ago, Arrbjorn said:

Is that the Samsung 49 incher that's basically two 1920x1080 without a middle bezel? 

I started on a 24", then I got a 34" Ultrawide which blew my mind and I sometimes play on a 55" tv at 4K res which is also yummy. 

Yeah, you're spot on with which monitor it is.  For me, whatever it lacks in clarity it more than makes up for in utility.

Don't get me wrong, I love plugging into my 65" Samsung curved 4K tv, but it's nowhere near as immersive as having this VERY wide monitor right in your face.

I also checked out a few 21:9 4K monitors and was even about to dump $1,500 on one that was 120hz @ 4K/21:9, but the immersion and utility of the Samsung kept bringing me back around.  144hz is definitely noticeable over 120hz as long as you have the hardware to push 144fps so you can turn v-sync on.  And to be honest I just don't have the hardware to push 21:9 resolutions on a 4K display @ 120fps either, so for me this monitor made the best sense and was the best fit for me.

The two biggest complaints I could find about this monitor were:

• Text Clarity
  • Weak monitor stand

As far as text clarity goes, this monitor requires a lot of adjustment out of the box. The brightness and contrast are way off, and shocker, so are the sharpness settings. After properly adjusting the monitor I had no issue with blurry text and it looks just as good if not a smidge better than my previous 27" 1080p monitor (I even compared them side-by-side).

As for the weak monitor stand, I bought a sturdy all-metal contraption that has exactly zero chance of dropping my monitor.

You haven't really experienced Warframe until you get insulted by for being bad at the game by someone who only joined lik 3 hours ago. And I played this thing for, what, 4 years?

Just because I can carry the whole squad through a low-level mission with my eyes closed doesn't mean I have to lol.

On 2018-05-11 at 2:25 PM, MirageKnight said:

...you run into a host migration issue / ctd and lose at least 20 minutes worth of XP and drops - including a rare mod you really need that you've been trying to farm for 3 weeks.

Correct 👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏💗💋💋💋💋💗💣💣💣💥💥💥🎲🎲🎲🎯🎯🎯