Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Frame You Want Reworked The Most

cookieknife

I would love to see a Nyx rework. As of right now she is either a nuke or people just spam her Chaos. 

Her 1 & 2 are essentially useless unless you use her 1 on a shield drone or a healer. 

Also I wouldn't say no to a Ash Rework. The nerf to his Ult really killed him for me. 

Edited by (PS4)Coyote_x_Starrk

5 minutes ago, --GZ--Cegorach said:

I understand that you do not run something more serious than Earth and never do more than 10 waves

This is an assumption that just happens to be quite erroneous.    

6 minutes ago, --GZ--Cegorach said:

So once again, please read before saying something,

And yet again you did not READ what I posted.  

12 minutes ago, --GZ--Cegorach said:

So explain me with arguments and not with pure words how Ivara flexibility and better effectiveness in other missions too will affect your 10 wave gameplay ?

I did.  You just looked over it or just didn't consider it.  10 waves is actually not hard to do.  So I can't consider that as a real gauge of a frame or player's ability.  I never once said that Ivara was good for Onslaught.  I did list the mission types that I know she's good at which you seem to have either overlooked or ignored.  

You stated your opinion, while I stated mine.  Not once did I say your opinion was wrong.  That doesn't make mine wrong either.  

I will say this again because you keep missing it.  I was giving more a solo (with some group play aspects )perspective and not just group play alone.  I also said to be open minded.  

20 minutes ago, (PS4)Coyote_x_Starrk said:

I would love to see a Nyx rework. As of right now she is either a nuke or people just spam her Chaos. 

Her 1 & 2 are essentially useless unless you use her 1 on a shield drone or a healer. 

Also I wouldn't say no to a Ash Rework. The nerf to his Ult really killed him for me. 

Also sorry to quote myself, but I think the thing I would like to see the most changed about Nyx is I think the damage that enemies do while under mind control should count towards her damage total. 

Because right now I can use Nyx to get hundreds of enemies to kill themselves, but my damage total remains low unless I myself start shooting and swinging. Meanwhile you have frames like Octavia where they get credit for all the damage they force the enemy to do to themselves. 

2 minutes ago, DatDarkOne said:

This is an assumption that just happens to be quite erroneous.    

And yet again you did not READ what I posted.  

I did.  You just looked over it or just didn't consider it.  10 waves is actually not hard to do.  So I can't consider that as a real gauge of a frame or player's ability.  I never once said that Ivara was good for Onslaught.  I did list the mission types that I know she's good at which you seem to have either overlooked or ignored.  

You stated your opinion, while I stated mine.  Not once did I say your opinion was wrong.  That doesn't make mine wrong either.  

I will say this again because you keep missing it.  I was giving more a solo (with some group play aspects )perspective and not just group play alone.  I also said to be open minded.  

So what the hell are you arguing then ? I still did not find any argument from you which will explain me why Ivara should not be more flexible frame for different missions and not just solo spy queen ? you still did not explain how flexibility and skill synergy for mobile missions will affect your solo gameplay... And why it's so bad if Ivara will become more pickable and usable frame for other type missions ? So be more specific then and bring more arguments without quoting words especially when I did not even said them.
And once again do not mix DPS and KPS in long run missions. So please read comments before post (ok, I changed last one to be more specific, cos it was little bit chaotic).

1 hour ago, --GZ--Cegorach said:

So what the hell are you arguing then ? I still did not find any argument from you which will explain me why Ivara should not be more flexible frame for different missions and not just solo spy queen ? you still did not explain how flexibility and skill synergy for mobile missions will affect your solo gameplay... And why it's so bad if Ivara will become more pickable and usable frame for other type missions ? So be more specific then and bring more arguments without quoting words especially when I did not even said them.

To have a flexible Ivara all it takes is to just build for balance and the weapons you equip.  A balanced build geared slightly more towards power strength gives all her powers viability without sacrificing any of them.  I don't build for one power alone ever.  (I apply this mindset to how I use Mag as well)

When with groups, the combinations of Sleep Arrow, Artemis Bow, and/or Prowl stealth melee can quite easily clear rooms and/or provide CC to help teammates.  She won't out DPS a skilled Mesa, Saryn, or Mag, but can come pretty close depending gear, mods, and playstyle being used.  

There are obviously some mission types this doesn't work well for (Onslaught) or work better solo( solo interception being an example of the later).  

All of this is fairly obvious to me because I tend to make general purpose builds for all my frames with mission flexibility in mind.  I rarely ever min/max because doing so usually limits flexibility.  

This is what I mean by being open minded and not always following the meta.  Following the meta can lead to missing other possibilities.  Only those who ignore the existing meta find/discover new meta by being open minded.  

I hope this explains my position a little better now.  I can some times forget that what is obvious to me might not be to someone else.  

Edited by DatDarkOne

On 2018-05-24 at 7:30 PM, DatDarkOne said:

To have a flexible Ivara all it takes is to just build for balance and the weapons you equip. 

You contradict yourself, it means that she is not flexible then, flexible are just weapons you pick...

You still are talking out of topic and still trying to move conversation into direction which have nothing to do with my words. Also you already confirm that Ivara is not flexible frame and depends on the weapons and peaks of the rest of the team, so it's not what Flexible mean, Flexible is Mesa, Flexible is Mag, Flexible is Equinox.......... and almost any other frame.
You also finally mentioned that Ivara do not work in some missions, and this is what I'm talking about, that she is mostly pointless even in regular runs and absolutely useless in serious groups... And this is why she is one of the least picked Frame in the game with Valkyr and Wukong, while even they are more effective in some specific situations, but have no niche to be taken over other frames in group... So, once again - "You can take even MK1 and build it enough good to kill high level enemies - But does this mean, that MK1 weapons are Flexible and Effective to do that ?" I still can't get answer from you on that question, so, I do not say, that she can't be taken in regular missions, I say that effectiveness of taking her is similar to taking MK1 BO over Galatine Prime.... (it's just an example)... Also, you still avoid to answer who you will replace with Ivara in Serious run ? Valkyr or Wukong ? Yes, but they also do not have their place in team, so no, they can't be mentioned...
So, she is a nice frame, but she is a pointless frame, OKish just for medium level missions, but she is quite slow frame to be fun or worth even in low level Mobile and Speed runs and even in her Spy Niche she can be beaten with any experienced player.

And I told you, let's go Duo and lets' see how effective you will be there with your sleep or DPS, which will reduce the speed of the process, and which will negatively affect the Effectiveness, in survival, slow kills = slow drop, in Onslaught slow kills = slow efficiency... Also and once again - I'm not saying about outDPSing somone, DPS itself, KPS is just example of effectivness, it also can be Heal, Buff or many other sht, that makes gameplay more effective to take specific frame over another and to have same or better effect in specific team strategy, So I'm sayin about Effectiveness of the frame to be taken over another frame in team and Effectiveness does not mean just DPS, so come out from this pointless Infinity Loop, especially when I did not even say about DPS and she can't overDPS DPS frames in game, so it's not her Hiche...
And you still did not answer how it will affect your Solo or Casual gameplay....

Do not get me wrong, I understand what you mean, but what I say will not even affect your gameplay and builds at all, vice versa, it will make things more flexible and will give you more options to play her...

Edited by --GZ--Cegorach

On 2018-05-11 at 4:01 AM, --Q--Voltage said:

This + Titania because she's also basically useless. Her 1, 2, and 3 are completely "meh", her Dex Pixia are good, but my guns can do that same job on another Warframe of my choice. Also Archwing :vomit: .

Atm there is no frame that can take more dmg than wukong, use arcane avenger and he is basicly a better inaros.

I would prever a ember update since there is absolutly no use for her. Ember is just a low range equinox that never releases the 4th ability.

47 minutes ago, Melster said:

Atm there is no frame that can take more dmg than wukong, use arcane avenger and he is basicly a better inaros.

I would prever a ember update since there is absolutly no use for her. Ember is just a low range equinox that never releases the 4th ability.

There is no realm of ''balanced'' content that requires you to take so much damage that it becomes relevant. As I have stated, and should be blatantly obvious to anyone, there are plenty of frames that tank just as well in the content that DE has given us, whilst still doing more for the team in the forms of CC, buffing or damage.

If ember's damage was just made to scale with the level of the enemies, Ember would be good again. She would be useful at any level, instead of completely useless at high levels, very useful at low levels, and moderately useful at medium levels. This is the single most important change that could be made to Ember.

It would also give DE a better way to balance her gameplay. If her damage scaled, DE could balance her damage so that it's not completely overpowered... at any level. Or for that matter, underpowered... at any level.

If DE would have made her damage scale, I would have been completely for the rework. It would have been worth whatever tradeoffs the rework gave.

But people are right. The rework did kind of ruin Ember, or at least made her less fun to play. The way I play ember now is to hit World on Fire, and immediately turn it off. In other words, it's just an AOE blast now. And if that's what DE wants, then they should make it an AOE radial blast instead of this broken, hybrid toggle power. The fact is, I sometimes forget to turn the power off, then then suddenly I'm out of power and killed. Oops. Not cool. I'd rather have an AOE blast that I just click once. Then again, how much different would this be than Fire Blast, I don't know.

Alternately, DE could just revert the changes back to the way Ember was before, except with a rework of her damage to make it scale and be more balanced. The main complaint against Ember was that, like Banshee, she had a toggle and forget power that devastated enemies and gave other players on the team very little to do other than sit around and twiddle their thumbs.

How about this for a rework? First make Ember's damage scale. Then turn Fire Blast into a damaging shield that surrounds and follows Ember, like a funnel of swirling, molten heat. Anything that touches the shield takes a HUGE amount of damage. Don't touch her, she's hot! Then take World on Fire and turn it into a simple AOE blast with about the same range. This should eliminate most of the complaints against Ember and give her some cool new abilities! 

Edited by TheBlackSpectre

I have a few, Wukong, Nezah, Vauban, Ember, ect... but i would want them to outright replace some abilitys, and DE seems allergic to that. tweaking an ability with no real use to begin with isn't going to always cut it.

• 1 month later...

There are too many Warframes that have 'old' style abilities that simply never worked properly in Warframe. Nearly every single target ability or '1' has to be re-done IMO, they are unusable on nearly every Warframe except say Ash but then you need a special mod just to fix it. 

Valkyr 1, Excalibur 1, Mag 1, Ember 1, Frost 1 (eh) and Volt 1 for examples, they are all worse then firing a pistol once. It's like the game started off with Warframes being fully fledged independent MMO style classes then they gave everyone super guns that completely invalidated the abilities. 

When a new player starts the game even they understand that on Excalibur that only 2/4 are worth ever using, or if they dare pick Mag they are screwed completely. 

Edited by Daffan

Oof, there are so many choices, many Warframes (in fact, most of them) need some updating:

Vauban -> 7 skills, with 6 of them being CC (Tesla is "Turret DPS", just extremely weak) in a mostly non-complimentary manner, thus you use 1 or 2 skills (Vortex or Bastille), and maybe toss in a Concuss (if fighting Infested to stop their aura benefits) or Shred (when fighting Grineer). Really need to become less redundantly designed.

Wukong -> Only Defy is useful (nigh immortality is definitely nothing to scoff at). The rest, on the other hand are utter clunky trash.

Titania -> Needs to be less clunky. Her kit really feels messy and slow, with very little cohesiveness to boot. Severe QoL-issues just aren't fun.

Chroma -> He went from "boring but extremely powerful", to just plain boring. Needs a complete rehaul, imo.

Inaros -> Think about it; How much do you really use his #2 and #3, in a serious manner?

Nyx -> While not a bad Warframe, her usefulness feels... kinda limitted these days. Not to mention that Vlad is likely to make her mostly obsolete if she remains as is.

.... but yeah, basicly all Warframes still need a good look at. Just those above stick out as being a bit more in need of it, imo.

I think it's gotta be either Titania or Nyx. 

As a Titania main, I can say she has way more bugs than most of the other frames I've played. Things like Lantern exploding after 3 seconds, Arch-melee not properly targeting units effected by spell bind, spell bind effecting units seemingly at random, dashing and killing myself on walls, the floor being made of syrup when I'm in Razorwing, I don't even care if they leave tribute, if they fixed those bugs I'd be ecstatic. Of course, giving her use of her sentinel while in razor wing or giving her vac while in razor wing and buffing her abilities would be super nice. Hopefully they prioritize balancing soon.