The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nidus Deluxe Skin info?

Mirasein

I'm not really feelin' it too much. I like Nidus's Infested look and I was hoping his deluxe would still look more biological with a fleshy mutant/zombie/resident evil tyrant type appearance. This skin does nothing for his original theme and turns him into some type of spectral ghost in armor. Metal Armor is the last thing I would ever want on Nidus.

When you throw in the bonus news about it I'm overwhelmingly disappointed- disappointed that Nezha's skin was "stalled" and lost attention because of this Deluxe, because I actually liked that one. I do notice though between the two that the artist seems to really like excessively large leg armor. ;o

The heck's the point of the crossed arms again?

Doesn't speak of Nidus at all and I just feel like it's distracting all for the wrong reason.... as if it's done for excess sake and nothing more.

I can bear with the suggested collar and tryhard teeth motif on the mouthpiece but the crossed arms gotta go imo, looks a bit too tryhard to hit https://darksouls.wiki.fextralife.com/Embraced+Armor+of+Favor look over Nidus theme.

Edited by Tsardova

5 hours ago, Mirasein said:

Yeah, but i like it a lot. Maybe cos we don't have any prime or orokin like skin yet. I think this is a hybrid from organic and orokin style skin.

I absolutely love the orokin aesthetic but this... doesn't look orokin to me at all? It's an awesome looking thing, that's for sure, just nothing about it is Nidus. 
But I also seem to be in the minority who loves Nidus' default skin and hoped it would more work with that theme instead of another armored bulky look you could mistake with any other frame
I'm sorry, I know it doesn't matter much, I just really love that frame and I know that he won't be getting anything else but the thing that, to me, is not what i love about him. Lots of people complain about Ember's deluxe skin, but she at least has tons of other customisations to choose from 

5 hours ago, BiancaRoughfin said:

You know Chitin is Organic and can many times be confused for metal depending on how shiny it is.

F5.large.jpg

I don't really see anything off that bug in there, the author said it's inspired by gothic armor and stuff and that's what im seeing, bunch of metal armor. But even then, wouldn't there be other natural things to get inspired that would separate him more from the rest?
I'm happy that vast majority, if not everyone, seems to love that skin, i'm happy for the artist, i just wish this was a skin for someone else

I have to agree, I don't particularly like it for Nidus. It's not a bad skin, I just think it doesn't really fit the the frame it's for.

Deluxe skins are a different take on a frame's theme, sure, but I would have liked something different that still kept to a more organic aesthetic.

It looks really nice and it seems like DE found themselves new deluxe designers with really good creativity (same one as Nezha's deluxe) to go for the different mesh route people liked from IgnusDei designs. Can't wait to see new designs from Liger-Inuzuka.

Personally, I do really like the skin, but I do have a couple of points that I'd like to see addressed

First off, the blue arms. They look great as a way to contrast the rest of the armor, but I feel like they should be telling a bit more of a story, or have something more to them. Have them clutching at the outer armor, as if an original host was being taken over and is trying to fight back, but the armor just keeps growing and growing over the original host. Have them move during ability casts, as if the inner soul was casting the skills. Just resting on the chest is a bit odd and boring for a second pair of arms. If I had a second pair of arms, I'd probably use them.

Next, I really hope for some sort of visual change to abilities. This skin is obviously moving away from the infested theme, it'd be weird for infestation-looking attacks to be coming from it

9 hours ago, Ezekeel666 said:

Nidus is one of my favourite frames. It plays great, it looks great and it has a lot of character and style.

However I find the Deluxe skin really disappointing. I do not think the metal armour fits Nidus at all and instead it should rely more on bone armour plates and similar organic looking materials. Also the second pair of arms on the chest which do not make sense or seem to serve any purpose look really weird.

Isn’t the point of a deluxe skin is to show the theme of the Warframes under a different concept. Like chroma deluxe is a dragon samurai, mag deluxe has magnetically levitating limbs, volt deluxe...sparks. You get the idea. Honestly, his deluxe skin is the coolest thing I’ve seen planned for this game since Nidus himself. And seeing the BA new take on his infested theme is flat out amazing.

Do find the arms a little weird however the point of deluxes was/is that they're meant to be rather different (in varied doses) to the original warframe. More or less De's own words when describing deluxes.

Doesn't have to be infested theme. Doesn't have to pay homage to the original design/frame or have something to do with it either. I'd say most people here seem to forget that.

In fact I'm glad it's not because then it isn't really a deluxe to me. If it was just more infested it kind of defeats the point of a deluxe. It isn't a prime and it isn't a proto.

Edited by Valiant

To all the people saying it's sht just because it looks nothing like nidus :

what part of strega resembles trinity? Strega's literally a witch with chinese cutout feet. What part of palatine's knight armor resembles a rhino outside of its horn? They turnt mag into a robo-catwalk model with amputees, nova into the lord (madam) of flies, saryn from a disease inducer to a fcking flower.

point in case; deluxes only follow the theme so loosely to begin with. This time, they picked nidus' armor/mutstion thingy instead of his infested nature, so yeah.

10 hours ago, VengefulMaelstrom said:

Those blue arm things around the chest in the Nidus Deluxe renders really throws it off for me. 

Personally the skin looks better without those armor pieces added during mutation. I hope it could be something that can be toggled. 

Yea because of that I don't liked 2... I dont know why DE risking with that part.

Deluxe skin never said to be tightly related to original theme of the frame.

It is an alternative theme of appearance for players to choose from.

As long as the design and final in-game look is well-crafted, I am all fine with it.

And there is always another way if you don't like what deluxe skin shows, which is tennogen.

Was thinking that arms are not a part of the skin, but

Warframe Deluxe Skin Concept Art for the Nidus Warframe. Inspired by both Gothic architecture, Medival Knights, interwoven with gnarly bones and organic muscle.

Transparent ghost-like crossed arms over Nidus’s chest will not move, but fingers and eyes may twitch. Armor grows over Nidus in interlocking parts for his stacks.

That's weird. What do they imply? The ghostly defense? I don't feel they fit here, but the rest of the skin is beautiful

51 minutes ago, alukard18 said:

it looks like human soul trapped in cursed  demonic armor

More like a human soul trapped in the scrap metal bin.

A problem with that whole "demon" design (and I put that in quotes because that is not what it looks like at all IMO) is that it does not mix with Nidus' ability animations which are clearly infestation based.